Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill on the radio 17:51 - Nov 25 with 20159 views442Dale

What happened? Almost no mention whatsoever of the game and talking about chants he heard, doesn't like it when "our own supporters are singing disrespectful songs about us". Even Wagg made a point of saying that being sat right behind the dugout he was very unsure about what Hill was talking about.

What were the chants? A massive shame that he isn't focusing on a great win after a clever change in tactics by the manager.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill on the radio on 20:04 - Nov 25 with 3066 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on the radio on 19:50 - Nov 25 by dingdangblue

I think this has more to do with the recent discussions on here rather than anything sang at the game today.

He specifically refers to "disrespectful" chants at the game.

Like I posted, his hearing must be bloody good!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill on the radio on 20:10 - Nov 25 with 3035 viewsdingdangblue

Hill on the radio on 20:04 - Nov 25 by TVOS1907

I know - but I think it's stemmed from stuff that's been written on here. He mentions the 5 year contract which has been mentioned lots on here these last few weeks.

As for the chant - Northampton fans sang it when they scored against us (their 1st league goal in 6 games)
'how shit must you be - we scored against you' !
[Post edited 25 Nov 2017 20:15]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill on the radio on 20:20 - Nov 25 with 2997 viewsMoonyDale

Hill on the radio on 20:04 - Nov 25 by TVOS1907

I think his hearing is selective, as are some of his comments. His comment is disrespectful to the vast majority of fans so to moan about disrespectful chants from our supporters is a bit rich......They say you're always learning as a manager, perhaps he should learn to shut his mouth....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hill on the radio on 20:24 - Nov 25 with 2978 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on the radio on 20:10 - Nov 25 by dingdangblue

I know - but I think it's stemmed from stuff that's been written on here. He mentions the 5 year contract which has been mentioned lots on here these last few weeks.

As for the chant - Northampton fans sang it when they scored against us (their 1st league goal in 6 games)
'how shit must you be - we scored against you' !
[Post edited 25 Nov 2017 20:15]

Yeah, I've heard it loads of times. I don't think it's ever been mentioned in the post-match interviews before though.

Hill on the radio on 20:28 - Nov 25 with 2951 viewsdalenumber2

Hill on the radio on 20:20 - Nov 25 by MoonyDale

I think his hearing is selective, as are some of his comments. His comment is disrespectful to the vast majority of fans so to moan about disrespectful chants from our supporters is a bit rich......They say you're always learning as a manager, perhaps he should learn to shut his mouth....

I agree. Hill's comments have put a damper on what was a very enjoyable afternoon. I can't understand why he has to go on the radio and moan about the fans when there were so many positives this afternoon. He was indeed disrespectful!
Hill on the radio on 20:29 - Nov 25 with 2947 viewsD_Alien

Hill on the radio on 18:42 - Nov 25 by TVOS1907

He must have bloody good hearing! Has he borrowed his ears off Adam Gilchrist?

I'm surprised there's room for anything else in that BT Sport commentary box

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill on the radio on 20:37 - Nov 25 with 2903 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on the radio on 20:29 - Nov 25 by D_Alien

I'm surprised there's room for anything else in that BT Sport commentary box

What with Gilchrist's ears, Fleming's nose and Boycott's ego, you mean?

Hill on the radio on 20:39 - Nov 25 with 2894 viewsDevonDale

I think Hilly needs to lighten up and stop taking life so seriously, and channel his efforts and concerns into what's happening on the pitch. Has he never heard of "terrace" banter/humour/Irony?
Login to get fewer ads

Hill on the radio on 20:48 - Nov 25 with 2851 viewsD_Alien

Hill on the radio on 20:37 - Nov 25 by TVOS1907

What with Gilchrist's ears, Fleming's nose and Boycott's ego, you mean?

Classic moment when Boycott was asked by Vaughan - during a discussion on Smith's masterful batsmanship - which bowlers he didn't like facing

Silence

"Come on Geoff, that's why you're being paid to commentate, to bring your experience to the viewers"

"No"

Hill on the radio on 20:56 - Nov 25 with 2803 views1mark1

I was sat in Pearl Street, could hardly hear the chants, so yes KH , must have very good hearing, unless someone is telling him bollox.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Hill on the radio on 20:59 - Nov 25 with 2779 viewsKnowlesy

I'm getting bored of it now. I love the guy as a manager and I'm 100% behind him, but he's like a little kid. As soon as something upsets him in the slightest he folds his arms and sulks his tits off. I'd hate to work with someone like that.
Hill on the radio on 21:08 - Nov 25 with 2734 viewsBlueMessiah

It shouldn't really come as much of a surprise any more - he does it a couple of times a season, usually after a much-needed positive result - like today. Its as though he just loves to piss on the chips and remind everyone how untouchable he is.

Its very odd but I doubt he's likely to change now so best just live with it until at least summer 2022. Or better still - just ignore him!

Poll: Do I Know You?

Hill on the radio on 21:09 - Nov 25 with 2728 views49thseason

This seems to me to be a classic piece of KH changing the agenda to suit his own purposes.
There are a number of things that he may well have preferred not to talk about and by way of avoiding them simply took the interview by the scruff of the neck and changed it into a 60 seconds diatribe that avoided whatever it was he didn't want to discuss. be it his 500th game, the death of a close friend, substituting the substitute, changing the system, the Done injury or whatever. The simple fact is the KH is a complete one-off, he keeps everyone on their toes by being totally unpredictable and we are lucky to have him. Were he anything else he would probably be nowhere near as successful. Thin skinned, irascible, unpredictable, magnanimous, genius whatever you want to call him there is always another skin of the onion waiting to be revealed and that's why he has a 5-year contract to keep doing whatever it is he does.
KH plays 4D chess while most of us play draughts.
Hill on the radio on 21:16 - Nov 25 with 2692 viewsD_Alien

Hill on the radio on 21:09 - Nov 25 by 49thseason

This seems to me to be a classic piece of KH changing the agenda to suit his own purposes.
There are a number of things that he may well have preferred not to talk about and by way of avoiding them simply took the interview by the scruff of the neck and changed it into a 60 seconds diatribe that avoided whatever it was he didn't want to discuss. be it his 500th game, the death of a close friend, substituting the substitute, changing the system, the Done injury or whatever. The simple fact is the KH is a complete one-off, he keeps everyone on their toes by being totally unpredictable and we are lucky to have him. Were he anything else he would probably be nowhere near as successful. Thin skinned, irascible, unpredictable, magnanimous, genius whatever you want to call him there is always another skin of the onion waiting to be revealed and that's why he has a 5-year contract to keep doing whatever it is he does.
KH plays 4D chess while most of us play draughts.

He's a football manager, that's all

A very good one for us, in L's 2 & 1

No need to over-inflate it

Hill on the radio on 22:03 - Nov 25 with 2602 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hill on the radio on 21:16 - Nov 25 by D_Alien

He's a football manager, that's all

A very good one for us, in L's 2 & 1

No need to over-inflate it

Well said

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Hill on the radio on 23:55 - Nov 25 with 2463 viewsYouTubeDale

Let’s hope Keith reads this thread and gives out some kind of apology. We have been here before regretfully. One very good stat to determine who are the best supporters in the land is the percentage of home supporters going to away matches to support the club. Rochdale have come top of that league fairly consistently in recent years. We are the best supporters in the land and deserve respect for that. Even if a few supporters chant something against our manager, which seems to not be the case, as per this thread, Hill should be well aware by now of his massive backing by Dale fans, and therefore he should ignore the few. If we were to be relegated,most fans would still back him.

I think he is just letting off a bit of steam but not thinking of the consequences.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Hill on the radio on 00:23 - Nov 26 with 2414 viewsdingdangblue

Hill on the radio on 23:55 - Nov 25 by YouTubeDale

Let’s hope Keith reads this thread and gives out some kind of apology. We have been here before regretfully. One very good stat to determine who are the best supporters in the land is the percentage of home supporters going to away matches to support the club. Rochdale have come top of that league fairly consistently in recent years. We are the best supporters in the land and deserve respect for that. Even if a few supporters chant something against our manager, which seems to not be the case, as per this thread, Hill should be well aware by now of his massive backing by Dale fans, and therefore he should ignore the few. If we were to be relegated,most fans would still back him.

I think he is just letting off a bit of steam but not thinking of the consequences.

What's more bizarre (and I know Shun has already mentioned this) - the chant claiming 'how shit must you be - we're winning at home'?
We are generally very good at home and very hard to beat? The chant makes no sense whatsoever - never mind Hill singling it out for criticism. A complete 'heads gone' moment from Hilly to be bothered by this. What about the superb win? What about Calvins wonderful finish? What about the new formation? What about Ollie's wonderful performance?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill on the radio on 00:40 - Nov 26 with 2381 viewsDaley_Lama

Hill on the radio on 00:23 - Nov 26 by dingdangblue

What's more bizarre (and I know Shun has already mentioned this) - the chant claiming 'how shit must you be - we're winning at home'?
We are generally very good at home and very hard to beat? The chant makes no sense whatsoever - never mind Hill singling it out for criticism. A complete 'heads gone' moment from Hilly to be bothered by this. What about the superb win? What about Calvins wonderful finish? What about the new formation? What about Ollie's wonderful performance?

I don't think I've heard a Dale song in years that is/has not been sung by another teams fans at some point.

This is despite us having Berkershaw Taupin in the stable!
[Post edited 26 Nov 2017 0:42]

Poll: DF in or out

Hill on the radio on 09:23 - Nov 26 with 2171 viewsdalenumber2

I have just read this on Facebook posted by a Martin Culshaw.

"Thanks to those fans who have pointed out about the the misunderstanding regarding the chants, luckily I was still at the ground when I was messaged so took the messages to the board of directors. Russ Green rang KH who is now aware of the misunderstanding. Please bare in mind that KH has lost not only his agent but a very close friend this week with the passing of Gary Lloyd.
Thought today was a great performance and a very good result."
Hill on the radio on 09:37 - Nov 26 with 2133 views442Dale

That's great, all cleared up. It's really good that online forums such as this and other social media have seen such a positive reaction on behalf of fans and in support of the manager who, as is rightly pointed out, is going through a difficult time. By alerting people at Spotland of such misunderstandings illustrates we all have a part to play in ensuring the club's standing in the media is not impacted.

Hopefully this will lead to Radio Manchester Sport being informed as they were obviously baffled last night and may still be wondering what's going on until they're put right. This applies to other media outlets as well, letting them know there is no story whatsoever is crucial so we can focus again on a positive result and the effective changes made by the manager.

Hill on the radio on 10:32 - Nov 26 with 2019 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on the radio on 09:23 - Nov 26 by dalenumber2

I have just read this on Facebook posted by a Martin Culshaw.

"Thanks to those fans who have pointed out about the the misunderstanding regarding the chants, luckily I was still at the ground when I was messaged so took the messages to the board of directors. Russ Green rang KH who is now aware of the misunderstanding. Please bare in mind that KH has lost not only his agent but a very close friend this week with the passing of Gary Lloyd.
Thought today was a great performance and a very good result."

Maybe the club will put out something to that effect on a more official basis to prevent further misunderstandings and unwarranted publicity.

Hill on the radio on 10:56 - Nov 26 with 1965 viewsDaleiLama

Disappointing to read this too

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42124474

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hill on the radio on 11:03 - Nov 26 with 1940 viewsaleanddale

Hill on the radio on 10:56 - Nov 26 by DaleiLama

Russ spoke to hilly it's all water under the bridge now.

A row in the marriage.... To use one of hills own sayings.

We are holding hands again this morning over breakfast.

It's fish and chip wrapper already.
Hill on the radio on 11:04 - Nov 26 with 1939 views442Dale

Hill on the radio on 10:56 - Nov 26 by DaleiLama

Very disappointing.

However, now we know the Chief Exec has spoken to the manager from the info in this thread, presumably the matter will be addressed on behalf of Keith Hill and the supporters to ensure it doesn't represent the club in a bad light.

Hill on the radio on 11:06 - Nov 26 with 1930 views442Dale

Hill on the radio on 11:03 - Nov 26 by aleanddale

Russ spoke to hilly it's all water under the bridge now.

A row in the marriage.... To use one of hills own sayings.

We are holding hands again this morning over breakfast.

It's fish and chip wrapper already.

So you're completely sure it won't be in the MEN or the Observer this week?

Or do they provide fish which you can wrap yourself in newsagents?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024