Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I Never Got... 09:35 - Jun 27 with 27442 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Idea from another thread for a Summer LFW Thread...

Not stuff you hate, stuff you just never had the love for, understood, saw the big commotion about...

Me? Never got The Clash. Ya, I can see the talent. Ya, I can see the coolness. Ya, I know there's a Rangers connection...but...I just don't GET them the way loads of you do. It's like I'm missing a gene!

And also, I never got Ice Cream. Tried it again yesterday. Don't see the fuss.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

I Never Got... on 10:57 - Jul 8 with 1574 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Surely the greatest Eric ever...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

I Never Got... on 11:10 - Jul 8 with 1541 viewsMick_S

I Never Got... on 10:57 - Jul 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Surely the greatest Eric ever...

Centre forward because he's ...

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

I Never Got... on 11:13 - Jul 8 with 1532 viewsjohncharles

I Never Got... on 10:30 - Jul 8 by DannyPaddox

The Eric's. 5-a-side football team

Eric (Slowhand) Clapton (Goalkeeper)
Eric Young
Eric Sabin
Eric Cantona
Eric Gates

Manager: Sven-Göran Eriksson
Sponsor: Ericsson

Can't think of enough for an Eric XI

I'd make Reckless Eric the captain

Strong and stable my arse.

I Never Got... on 11:17 - Jul 8 with 1523 viewsqprxtc

I Never Got... on 10:30 - Jul 8 by DannyPaddox

The Eric's. 5-a-side football team

Eric (Slowhand) Clapton (Goalkeeper)
Eric Young
Eric Sabin
Eric Cantona
Eric Gates

Manager: Sven-Göran Eriksson
Sponsor: Ericsson

Can't think of enough for an Eric XI

Erica Roe as mascot.
I Never Got... on 11:50 - Jul 8 with 1486 viewsMick_S

I Never Got... on 11:17 - Jul 8 by qprxtc

Erica Roe as mascot.

Eric Burdon - bit of an animal.

I Never Got... on 11:59 - Jul 8 with 1474 viewsted_hendrix

Eric the half a bee.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

I Never Got... on 12:06 - Jul 8 with 1458 viewsTheChef

I Never Got... on 11:59 - Jul 8 by ted_hendrix

Eric the half a bee.

Eric Nixon
Eric Steele
Eric Dier
Erik Bakke
Erik Lamela

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

I Never Got... on 12:07 - Jul 8 with 1455 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Eric Bloodaxe (good name for a guitar player in a thrash/death band)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

I Never Got... on 12:11 - Jul 8 with 1448 viewsDorse

I Never Got... on 12:07 - Jul 8 by Metallica_Hoop

Eric Bloodaxe (good name for a guitar player in a thrash/death band)

Much better than his brother Eric Fluffyslippers

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

I Never Got... on 12:31 - Jul 8 with 1397 viewsDannyPaddox

I Never Got... on 11:32 - Jun 27 by Mick_S

Basketball.

First week of comprehensive I'm playing football in the school fields and a PE teacher suggests to me to get in the gym for the basketball trials. My only experience of basketball up to then was watching the Harlem Globetrotters cartoons on TV five years previously which were fab so I thought yeah why not. A few minutes later I'm in a basketball game. Someone on my team throws me the ball. I then realise I know next to nothing about basketball - the tactics, the rules, the anything. The only reason it was suggested to me was because I tall. All I knew was you had to get the ball through the hoop and that was a goal. So I'm standing there with the ball not knowing what to do - it was a bit like a bad dream - maybe the rules are you can't pass back - or you can't pass back to the player who immediately passed to you. In the Harlem Globetrotters cartoon something zany would happen like a zebra would appear out of nowhere and I'd jump on it, ride up to the basket and score. Meadowlark Lemon would then high five me and we'd eat chocolate cake. There were no zebras in the school gym so standing from the centre of the court I just lobbed the ball at the hoop. It went in. There were whoops. Everyone in the gym applauded. I did barely fcuk all for the rest of the game and as soon as I could I sloped off and rejoined the football match and a proper sport in the fresh air.

So because of one lucky throw I get picked for the school basketball team. I'm the fcuking captain! I looked the part and was somehow blagging it and I thought maybe I'd grow to like it. I didn't. I hated it. Every time I played I wished I was outside playing football instead. I didn't like the squeak sound the shoes make on the polished wooden floor. I didn't like the smell of other people's indoor sweat. And I didn't like there were too many goals. In football scoring a goal is a moment an achievement a celebration. In basketball you score it's just another basket -meh - whatever, there'll be another one in a second. Away games often involved trying to get home from dodgy parts of London in the dark - not a problem playing for the football team as there'd be a bigger mob of you. With basketball for some reason there'd be just two or three of us having to deal with the other school's gang in their territory which generally involved getting a pasting. I officially retired from basketball at the end of that school year. Meadowlark Lemon you lied.

ps: Apologies to all the Eric's for interrupting.

[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 12:44]
I Never Got... on 13:54 - Jul 8 with 1311 viewsNorthernr

Basketball used to irritate the fck out of me at secondary school. Basically they needed eight sports to run on rotation in an academic year to match up with the half terms, and they needed four of them to be inside because of the lousy weather up north over the winter. so we got football and cricket at the start of the year, tennis and athletics at the end, and that was our outdoor. Loved all of them.

Then our indoors were fcking nonsense like badminton, trampoline, gymnsastics and finally basketball. So for five years at secondary school I was subjected to six weeks of basketball training every year, 30 fcking weeks of the stuff. There's no meaningful professional basketball in this country. There were six top flight, professional rugby league teams within an hour's drive of the school that offered genuine chance of a career in professional sport to local boys, and we didn't pick up a rugby ball in anger to play either code for the entire time we were at the school because they didn't have posts up.

They had basketball hoops though. And a fcking trampoline.
I Never Got... on 13:58 - Jul 8 with 1300 viewsMetallica_Hoop

They made me trial for the basketball team even though I said I hated basketball so the first team goalkeeper somehow couldn't jump....

I did play one game though inter-form and it turns out shoulder charges are illegal.

I still don't find it very exciting a bit like baseball.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

I Never Got... on 14:47 - Jul 8 with 1237 viewsted_hendrix

"Basketball Jones, I got a Basketball Jones
Got a Basketball Jones, oh baby, oo-oo-ooo

Yes, I am the victim of a Basketball Jones
Ever since I was a little baby, I always be dribblin'
In fac', I was de baddest dribbler in the whole neighborhood
Then one day, my mama bought me a basketball
And I loved that basketball
I took that basketball with me everywhere I went
That basketball was like a basketball to me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"

Cheech And Chong

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

I Never Got... on 15:01 - Jul 8 with 1211 viewsYorkRanger

Pernod
Parsnips
Alex Ferguson
Babycham
The Boat Race
MK Dons
Iron Bru
David Hasselhoff
Croquet
Pineapple on Pizza
The Simpsons
Brexit
Punk Rock
I Never Got... on 15:37 - Jul 8 with 1178 viewsMick_S

Disneyland/World. Paris or America. What a feckin' drag.

I Never Got... on 16:16 - Jul 8 with 1156 viewsDorse

Page 3.

Not saying I didn't appreciate it, just never got it. The meeting where that got agreed had to have been directly after lunch and all concerned, the next day, were too ashamed of how drunk they were to back down.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

I Never Got... on 16:51 - Jul 8 with 1128 viewsFDC

Any kind of organised fun. Fairs, parades, street parties etc. Awful business.
I Never Got... on 16:55 - Jul 8 with 1122 viewsaston_hoop

Marc Bircham

Sorry, I just never thought he was a particularly good footballer.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

I Never Got... on 17:14 - Jul 8 with 1093 viewsMatch82

I Never Got... on 13:54 - Jul 8 by Northernr

Basketball used to irritate the fck out of me at secondary school. Basically they needed eight sports to run on rotation in an academic year to match up with the half terms, and they needed four of them to be inside because of the lousy weather up north over the winter. so we got football and cricket at the start of the year, tennis and athletics at the end, and that was our outdoor. Loved all of them.

Then our indoors were fcking nonsense like badminton, trampoline, gymnsastics and finally basketball. So for five years at secondary school I was subjected to six weeks of basketball training every year, 30 fcking weeks of the stuff. There's no meaningful professional basketball in this country. There were six top flight, professional rugby league teams within an hour's drive of the school that offered genuine chance of a career in professional sport to local boys, and we didn't pick up a rugby ball in anger to play either code for the entire time we were at the school because they didn't have posts up.

Should have combined them

I Never Got... on 18:12 - Jul 8 with 1054 viewsJigsore

I Never Got... on 13:54 - Jul 8 by Northernr

oi I genuinely liked Badminton but hated Basketball as well. The thing we probably had to do most because of the crap weather was... Volleyball. also quite a fun sport but the temptation to volley the sh*t out of the ball is so so great

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

I Never Got... on 18:33 - Jul 8 with 1029 viewsStanisgod

Golf.
Flies.
Ed Sheeren.
Chelsea.
Hoodies.
Claire Balding.
Call the Midwife.
Coldplay.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

I Never Got... on 18:39 - Jul 8 with 1023 viewsloftboy

I Never Got... on 12:06 - Jul 8 by TheChef

Eric Nixon
Eric Steele
Eric Dier
Erik Bakke
Erik Lamela

Eric Sykes

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

I Never Got... on 18:43 - Jul 8 with 1016 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Weather Apps. Constantly wrong. Schizophrenic. Why do I use them so much?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

I Never Got... on 18:45 - Jul 8 with 1004 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I Never Got... on 16:55 - Jul 8 by aston_hoop

Marc Bircham

Sorry, I just never thought he was a particularly good footballer.

He admits it himself.

Plenty of piss and vinegar though!
I Never Got... on 00:06 - Jul 9 with 887 viewsjohncharles

I Never Got... on 18:39 - Jul 8 by loftboy

Eric Sykes

Eric Bristow

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024