Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket prices 10:09 - Aug 5 with 46248 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/20-21_sts_announcement/

£200 Sandy
£270 Pearl
£335 Main

[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 10:13]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Season ticket prices on 09:15 - Aug 17 with 2327 views442Dale

Season ticket prices on 08:45 - Aug 17 by aleanddale

There is zero joined up thinking at the club. Queue outside 15+ deep and staff in the office watching the clock tick down until opening time.

Open early for Goodness sake and why no rota for club employee outside Monday morning to be on hand to assist with questions rather than the processing staff having to repeat themselves time and time again.

We are in unpredictable times but folk outside still willing to part with there hard earned cash and the club shoots itself in the foot IMHO. Just a little thought by club employees and the board would keep everyone on side.

A very disappointing scene outside the ticket office this morning.

There were many, many more than that on Saturday, they have opening times for a reason. Maybe they were having a meeting to clarify their procedures to enable things run smoothly, maybe staff don’t get in until just before 9am, there’s a multitude of reasons. Did Asda open early when people were queueing before lockdown?

As seen in this thread, plenty of info and assistance was given on Saturday to people in the queue, plus the club have produced a good FAQ guide on their website to assist. All for looking at ways the club should do better when they fall short, but they’re doing their best which deserves acknowledgement.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season ticket prices on 09:32 - Aug 17 with 2267 viewscharleyfarley

Doea anyone know if the Telephone Sales are suspended again?
I've been ringing since 9.00 am getting through but then no one answers
Season ticket prices on 09:43 - Aug 17 with 2215 viewsDaleFan7

Season ticket prices on 09:32 - Aug 17 by charleyfarley

I started ringing at 5 to 9 and was all done and had 2 renewed in the Main Stand by 10 past. Pretty painless and available to pick up from tomorrow.
Season ticket prices on 09:46 - Aug 17 with 2204 views100notout

There is zero joined up thinking at the club. Queue outside 15+ deep and staff in the office watching the clock tick down until opening time.

Open early for Goodness sake and why no rota for club employee outside Monday morning to be on hand to assist with questions rather than the processing staff having to repeat themselves time and time again.

We are in unpredictable times but folk outside still willing to part with there hard earned cash and the club shoots itself in the foot IMHO. Just a little thought by club employees and the board would keep everyone on side.

Have you managed to get your ticket a&d?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Season ticket prices on 10:43 - Aug 17 with 2070 viewsrochdaleriddler

I was there at 8.20 this morning , and was out with actual cards in hand by 9.35. Was ringing constantly from 8.55 also, but never got through.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Season ticket prices on 10:50 - Aug 17 with 2046 viewsDaleiLama

Same here. I was in Somerset on Saturday morning and wasted 4 hours of my holiday that morning trying to get through. I'm not a special case, nor do I expect special treatment, I'm just a fan with £335 in his pocket trying to give it to the club, for 23 games knowing I won't be able to watch at least three of those and depending on the infection rate in Rochdale, and various other factors, almost certainly even less. I also know from a mate that none of the seats in the block I sit in can be renewed (presumably the club have identified more deserving causes than me). I was hoping to get an equivalent seat in the Wilbutts but there's probably FA chance of that now. I only caught by chance on here that telesales were suspended after 2 more hours trying after lunch on Saturday. A big FU to all fans who can't get down to the ground. The message on the answerphone is still there is no one at extension 500. Not even a hint of empathy or apology - just what comes across as "tough".

I know there's a pandemic. I know we have a new ticketing system. I know the club is trying its best and TP and DB have been down the queue trying to put out positive PR. I would like DB to have experienced the frustration I have experienced and see what he would think the "fan's view" looked like? I was staying with part of my g/fs family at the weekend. Coincidentally, many started their early lives and spent a good part of it in Norden. They loved my Dale face mask but just laughed at my experiences trying to get a SC, the best comment being "doesn't look like anything's changed since the Fred Ratcliffe days?" I've given myself a noon deadline now. After that, my support at the ground, like a lot of others, is going to be like telesales …….. suspended. Any business needs to have a seamless way of taking money from customers or its in deep do-dos. This isn't the first time I've played telephone bagatelle trying to give the club money. I wonder how many others with similar experiences to mine have just given up. The club have many challenges in a very uncertain future but taking money from customers who want to give it to them and ignoring extremely negative experiences should never be amongst them.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 10:52]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season ticket prices on 10:54 - Aug 17 with 2038 viewsisitme

Season ticket prices on 10:43 - Aug 17 by rochdaleriddler

I was there at 8.20 this morning , and was out with actual cards in hand by 9.35. Was ringing constantly from 8.55 also, but never got through.

Have they added your customer number to your account?
Season ticket prices on 10:54 - Aug 17 with 2036 viewsrochdaleriddler

It looked to me that only one person was answering phones, that’s not to say there were others out of view

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket prices on 10:56 - Aug 17 with 2023 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season ticket prices on 10:54 - Aug 17 by isitme

Have they added your customer number to your account?

The number on the card is different to last years!, I updated my contact details, so hopefully . The woman did say a few people had experienced the same issue

Season ticket prices on 10:58 - Aug 17 with 2001 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season ticket prices on 10:50 - Aug 17 by DaleiLama

Same here. I was in Somerset on Saturday morning and wasted 4 hours of my holiday that morning trying to get through. I'm not a special case, nor do I expect special treatment, I'm just a fan with £335 in his pocket trying to give it to the club, for 23 games knowing I won't be able to watch at least three of those and depending on the infection rate in Rochdale, and various other factors, almost certainly even less. I also know from a mate that none of the seats in the block I sit in can be renewed (presumably the club have identified more deserving causes than me). I was hoping to get an equivalent seat in the Wilbutts but there's probably FA chance of that now. I only caught by chance on here that telesales were suspended after 2 more hours trying after lunch on Saturday. A big FU to all fans who can't get down to the ground. The message on the answerphone is still there is no one at extension 500. Not even a hint of empathy or apology - just what comes across as "tough".

I know there's a pandemic. I know we have a new ticketing system. I know the club is trying its best and TP and DB have been down the queue trying to put out positive PR. I would like DB to have experienced the frustration I have experienced and see what he would think the "fan's view" looked like? I was staying with part of my g/fs family at the weekend. Coincidentally, many started their early lives and spent a good part of it in Norden. They loved my Dale face mask but just laughed at my experiences trying to get a SC, the best comment being "doesn't look like anything's changed since the Fred Ratcliffe days?" I've given myself a noon deadline now. After that, my support at the ground, like a lot of others, is going to be like telesales …….. suspended. Any business needs to have a seamless way of taking money from customers or its in deep do-dos. This isn't the first time I've played telephone bagatelle trying to give the club money. I wonder how many others with similar experiences to mine have just given up. The club have many challenges in a very uncertain future but taking money from customers who want to give it to them and ignoring extremely negative experiences should never be amongst them.

If it’s any consolation, there weren’t a great deal of people physically queuing so I imagine not that many sales today. So hopefully you will get sorted

Season ticket prices on 10:59 - Aug 17 with 1990 viewsisitme

Season ticket prices on 10:56 - Aug 17 by rochdaleriddler

The number on the card is different to last years!, I updated my contact details, so hopefully . The woman did say a few people had experienced the same issue

Good, glad it is sorted. Unfortunately there always seems to be problems when databases are migrated across systems. At least you have your season card, although it has been a pain to do so.
Season ticket prices on 11:01 - Aug 17 with 1973 views442Dale

Season ticket prices on 10:50 - Aug 17 by DaleiLama

They most certainly should have learnt lessons on phone sales from Saturday and looked to improve that. There are possible solutions* and to carry on with it as it was after supporter feedback is indeed poor.

*let people ring, take their name and number and arrange a time for them to be called back. Take blocks of ten at a time, call them back and process their application. When doing the actual transaction, put a message on the phone line/twitter etc saying “lines will open again at X o’clock”. This prevents the constant attempting to ring and everyone knows where they stand.

Season ticket prices on 11:02 - Aug 17 with 1954 viewsDaleiLama

Season ticket prices on 10:58 - Aug 17 by rochdaleriddler

If it’s any consolation, there weren’t a great deal of people physically queuing so I imagine not that many sales today. So hopefully you will get sorted

Cheers. Still getting through to an answering machine which will almost certainly never be listened to. An hour to go then that's me done. It should never take 9 hours of non-stop redial to buy a ticket. Never.

Season ticket prices on 11:03 - Aug 17 with 1954 views442Dale

Season ticket prices on 10:54 - Aug 17 by rochdaleriddler

It looked to me that only one person was answering phones, that’s not to say there were others out of view

Think that might be because of the amount of systems able to process the ticket sales, can only have someone answering a call if they can complete the sale.

That’s why taking calls and ringing people back would at least create some structure rather than people ringing for hours.

Season ticket prices on 11:04 - Aug 17 with 1943 views100notout

Season ticket prices on 11:02 - Aug 17 by DaleiLama

Cheers. Still getting through to an answering machine which will almost certainly never be listened to. An hour to go then that's me done. It should never take 9 hours of non-stop redial to buy a ticket. Never.

Good suggestions. Unfortunately it seems the club can’t be arsed implementing them

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Season ticket prices on 11:21 - Aug 17 with 1888 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season ticket prices on 11:03 - Aug 17 by 442Dale

Think that might be because of the amount of systems able to process the ticket sales, can only have someone answering a call if they can complete the sale.

That’s why taking calls and ringing people back would at least create some structure rather than people ringing for hours.

I spoke to the club shop on Saturday to see if any message could be passed to ticket office staff, but was told no

Season ticket prices on 11:31 - Aug 17 with 1845 views442Dale

Season ticket prices on 11:21 - Aug 17 by rochdaleriddler

I spoke to the club shop on Saturday to see if any message could be passed to ticket office staff, but was told no

And I appreciate why that was the case. But if they had a clear process to follow it would work better than the pot luck of ringing time and again now.

Season ticket prices on 12:17 - Aug 17 with 1742 viewsDaleiLama

Season ticket prices on 10:58 - Aug 17 by rochdaleriddler

Three credit cards (with a clear £20k+ combined spending availability on them) and a debit card all declined. Spent 35 minutes on hold to credit card company I use most (and have paid for all my other STs on) and due to Covid they couldn't tell me why it had been declined. 15 minutes on hold to the bank for my debit card and they couldn't even see the declined transactions and they confirmed that based on the evidence I presented, it is not a problem at my end but at the other end. Asked the lady I spoke to at RAFC if I could reserve a seat and pay by cheque. Nope. I give up. I guess some things just aren't meant to be. Wasted enough of my life on this now.

Edit: Hope all those who got a ticket are dished up some more attractive fayre than the previous few seasons and "Stay up the Dale"
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 12:21]

Season ticket prices on 12:18 - Aug 17 with 1738 viewsfermin

Been trying off and on all morning and got through not long ago, which took me by surprise. Seems part of the delay is getting security clearance for credit cards as the system is new.

I realised after completing the transaction that I was getting confused over the stand names, so to be honest I am not sure where I have ended up. I think I am in the WIlbutts Lane, which for some bizarre reason I was thinking was called the Pearl Street. Must be getting old!
Season ticket prices on 12:32 - Aug 17 with 1661 viewsJames1980

Season ticket prices on 12:17 - Aug 17 by DaleiLama

Three credit cards (with a clear £20k+ combined spending availability on them) and a debit card all declined. Spent 35 minutes on hold to credit card company I use most (and have paid for all my other STs on) and due to Covid they couldn't tell me why it had been declined. 15 minutes on hold to the bank for my debit card and they couldn't even see the declined transactions and they confirmed that based on the evidence I presented, it is not a problem at my end but at the other end. Asked the lady I spoke to at RAFC if I could reserve a seat and pay by cheque. Nope. I give up. I guess some things just aren't meant to be. Wasted enough of my life on this now.

Edit: Hope all those who got a ticket are dished up some more attractive fayre than the previous few seasons and "Stay up the Dale"

They should issue you a rewards card at a discount and allow you to attend matches at £14.50 a pop.

Has anyone received a written response to emails sent regarding ticket renewals yet? I know some have received a telephone call.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Season ticket prices on 12:34 - Aug 17 with 1649 views49thseason

What bemuses me is that as a ST nolder I got 2 letters on consecutive days from the club. Why didnt they simply include an order form and a pre-paid envelope ? It would have reduced the queues on phones and outside the office and would have enabled someone to be inputting the data full time . Sometimes old technology is a better route to success.
Season ticket prices on 13:03 - Aug 17 with 1540 viewstony_roch975

Season ticket prices on 12:34 - Aug 17 by 49thseason

What bemuses me is that as a ST nolder I got 2 letters on consecutive days from the club. Why didnt they simply include an order form and a pre-paid envelope ? It would have reduced the queues on phones and outside the office and would have enabled someone to be inputting the data full time . Sometimes old technology is a better route to success.

but how would you have been able to fill out an order form - which seats are available and therefore which seats you want changes in real time as purchases are made and covid distancing then applied - just 'I'd like a ticket' isn't going to be of much use?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Season ticket prices on 13:07 - Aug 17 with 1529 viewsD_Alien

That's incredibly frustrating, after your initial troubles

If that issue can be resolved, how about joining me in buying a Dale Family Card?

At worst, £25 spent and access to iFollow at a reduced rate, but also the possibility of getting into a few games?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season ticket prices on 13:07 - Aug 17 with 1523 viewsrochdaleriddler

Poor. Email The Chief Exec

Season ticket prices on 13:11 - Aug 17 with 1502 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season ticket prices on 13:03 - Aug 17 by tony_roch975

but how would you have been able to fill out an order form - which seats are available and therefore which seats you want changes in real time as purchases are made and covid distancing then applied - just 'I'd like a ticket' isn't going to be of much use?

As people cannot get the seats they want by and large, the form could have been used to simply express a preference , or a series of preferences

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024