Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket prices 10:09 - Aug 5 with 46246 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/20-21_sts_announcement/

£200 Sandy
£270 Pearl
£335 Main

[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 10:13]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Season ticket prices on 17:22 - Aug 17 with 3343 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season ticket prices on 16:54 - Aug 17 by diver

Will I be allowed to use my fold up garden chair on Sandy Lane should be plenty of space for it.

Only if it’s non reclining

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Season ticket prices on 17:47 - Aug 17 with 3265 viewsdalenumber2

Season ticket prices on 17:22 - Aug 17 by rochdaleriddler

Only if it’s non reclining

I’ve been trying to phone on and off all day again with no success - am I wasting my time or has anyone actually got through today? Just wondered if it was going to be worth trying again tomorrow. I’m on holiday with poor signal so it’s a bit of an ordeal.
Season ticket prices on 18:00 - Aug 17 with 3226 viewsRAFCBLUE

Season ticket prices on 17:47 - Aug 17 by dalenumber2

I’ve been trying to phone on and off all day again with no success - am I wasting my time or has anyone actually got through today? Just wondered if it was going to be worth trying again tomorrow. I’m on holiday with poor signal so it’s a bit of an ordeal.

It's astounding to keep reading that the club don't actually have the planning skills to have someone physically sat at a phone and contactable, even if that puts you in a queue of people.

"Just wondered if it was worth trying again" and "it's a bit of an ordeal" is not what you ever want to read as a Sales Director; it indicates a frustrated consumer and a potential lost customer; they may not call again!

Voice call solutions are ten a penny in 2020 and dirt cheap.

I renewed my car insurance today and the operator was sat at home dialed into their workplace via a laptop - took less than 20 minutes.

A top 70 UK football club can't even answer the phone!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Season ticket prices on 18:17 - Aug 17 with 3169 viewsDaleFan7

I did mine by phone this morning after 20 mins of constantly hitting redial after getting the 5-0-0 message. Seems if someone walks past the phone whilst its ringing they'll answer it.
Season ticket prices on 19:11 - Aug 17 with 3039 viewsrochdaleriddler

How not to maximise income

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Season ticket prices on 19:20 - Aug 17 with 2991 views49thseason

Season ticket prices on 16:14 - Aug 17 by standale

So why make a point of it being an Asian wedding venue, I can’t see the relevance in the word Asian, like you’ve pointed out there seems to be plenty of other venues breaking the rules.

Several people I know have cancelled weddings until next year, It seems that an Asian wedding party has gone ahead, despite the risks being statisically higher for that group. Also we are now just 14 days since the end of Eid, when to my certain knowledge , several neighbours had parties involving people from other bubbles judging from the number of cars parked outside their houses. Given the following statistics you might have expected a more careful approach to family gatherings

"This provisional analysis has shown that the risk of death involving the coronavirus (COVID-19) among some ethnic groups is significantly higher than that of those of White ethnicity.

When taking into account age in the analysis, Black males are 4.2 times more likely to die from a COVID-19-related death and Black females are 4.3 times more likely than White ethnicity males and females.

People of Bangladeshi and Pakistani, Indian, and Mixed ethnicities also had statistically significant raised risk of death involving COVID-19 compared with those of White ethnicity.

After taking account of age and other socio-demographic characteristics and measures of self-reported health and disability at the 2011 Census, the risk of a COVID-19-related death for males and females of Black ethnicity reduced to 1.9 times more likely than those of White ethnicity.

Similarly, males in the Bangladeshi and Pakistani ethnic group were 1.8 times more likely to have a COVID-19-related death than White males when age and other socio-demographic characteristics and measures of self-reported health and disability were taken into account; for females, the figure was 1.6 times more likely.

These results show that the difference between ethnic groups in COVID-19 mortality is partly a result of socio-economic disadvantage and other circumstances, but a remaining part of the difference has not yet been explained."

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/dea

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/dea
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 19:32]
Season ticket prices on 19:27 - Aug 17 with 2962 viewsSuddenLad

I'm sure all those groups are well aware of their increased risks. Quite why they or any other group choose to flout the advice and regulations only they can tell you. It's baffling.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Season ticket prices on 21:19 - Aug 17 with 2776 viewsD_Alien

Season ticket prices on 14:41 - Aug 17 by dawlishdale

Pretty sure the club have only allocated 100 places for holders of the Family Rewards Cards whilst the current restrictions apply.

These 100 tickets are to be sold on a first come first served basis, and must be bought in advance of Matchday. This potentially means that fans could purchase a Family rewards Card, but not be able to get a ticket.

Can't imagine that this will go down well with someone who has paid out £25 but can't get in. Or; does it mean that they will be able to get in, but will have to pay full price?

It's just not very clear, and requires clarification from the club.

To get back to the point of this thread before it was blown off course, there are a minimum of 100 seats reserved for DFC holders - note the word minimum

If the 2000 other places available don't get sold as SCs, they then become available to DFC holders

This has been referred to several times on here previously, but thought i'd repeat it so people aren't put off buying a DFC thinking there's only 100 places. It remains to be seen
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 21:20]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket prices on 22:00 - Aug 17 with 2693 viewsmikehunt

Same story from me. Not intended as a grumble more to help identify where the problems lie.
Started ringing at 9.00 a.m. 49 separate calls and an hour and a half later someone picked up. Then three cards declined - all of which were bona fide and recently used. Instead of hanging up though asked if we could start the process again which was agreed to and the first card tried was accepted.
Oh and there was no facility to deduct my “reward” from the final total. Was told that the letter had to be seen by office staff and meant a visit to the stadium. This is where the lady came good though, allowing me to send her a photo of the letter, immediately ringing back and the transaction was completed.
As I say, if anyone is compiling these problems I hope my experience helps to improve matters.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Season ticket prices on 22:11 - Aug 17 with 2661 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season ticket prices on 22:00 - Aug 17 by mikehunt

Same story from me. Not intended as a grumble more to help identify where the problems lie.
Started ringing at 9.00 a.m. 49 separate calls and an hour and a half later someone picked up. Then three cards declined - all of which were bona fide and recently used. Instead of hanging up though asked if we could start the process again which was agreed to and the first card tried was accepted.
Oh and there was no facility to deduct my “reward” from the final total. Was told that the letter had to be seen by office staff and meant a visit to the stadium. This is where the lady came good though, allowing me to send her a photo of the letter, immediately ringing back and the transaction was completed.
As I say, if anyone is compiling these problems I hope my experience helps to improve matters.

Would have been easier if the office staff had a list of people entitled to the reward, not difficult to do

Season ticket prices on 22:11 - Aug 17 with 2657 viewsdalenumber2

Season ticket prices on 22:00 - Aug 17 by mikehunt

So they are actually picking up the phone now and again? I suppose I’ll have to try again tomorrow. I thought they had given up with the tele sales after I’d tried numerous times today between 9am and 4 pm and got nowhere.
Season ticket prices on 22:21 - Aug 17 with 2623 viewsmikehunt

There was also the problem that the phone number in the letters is wrong - has a digit missing.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Season ticket prices on 22:51 - Aug 17 with 2572 viewsDalenet

Season ticket prices on 14:51 - Aug 17 by SuddenLad

The important thing is to make purchasers aware BEFORE they buy, that they are effectively buying a raffle ticket and that there is NO guarantee that they will get to see a match at the stadium.

Knowledge is power. Once they know that, they can make a measured decision based on that. If they buy a FC thinking that it guarantees them entry, there will be an outcry when it becomes apparent that isn't so.

Make it abundantly clear, wherever necessary and frequently, so that purchasers KNOW.

It could be argued that a ST is a lottery ticket too as there are no guarantees that we will be allowed into the stadium this season if local lockdowns continue and then a winter spike causes a widespread lockdown. The EFL haven't made a decision that live streaming via iFollow will be allowed on Saturdays after September so the club can't guarantee that as an alternative either.

Get ready for a rollercoaster ride both on and off the pitch
Season ticket prices on 22:52 - Aug 17 with 2570 viewsdalenumber2

Season ticket prices on 22:21 - Aug 17 by mikehunt

There was also the problem that the phone number in the letters is wrong - has a digit missing.

Yes I realised this pretty early on Saturday, but even on the right number I’ve found it impossible to get through. I’ve got the money ready to buy a season ticket but at the moment it’s not looking like I’m going to be able to get one whilst I’m away on holiday, and there’s only so many times I’m going to try before I give it up as a lost cause. I’m not moaning just stating facts.
Season ticket prices on 09:15 - Aug 18 with 2247 viewsaleanddale

Season ticket prices on 09:46 - Aug 17 by 100notout

Have you managed to get your ticket a&d?

Yes eventually.

The staff are working incredibly hard in tough circumstances if my earlier post was misconstrued.

There are always areas to improve, more so at Spotland than most businesses. As a supporter i just want the best for the Dale and sometimes you take a step back have a look at a different angle and think really!!.

Any update on Cards sold after 2 full days?.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2020 9:23]
Season ticket prices on 09:18 - Aug 18 with 2243 viewsdalenumber2

Hurrah! Got my ticket sorted with the first attempt this morning! I’m sitting in the away stand but it will be interesting to get a different perspective. Roll on September.
Season ticket prices on 09:50 - Aug 18 with 2189 viewsDaleiLama

Season ticket prices on 22:52 - Aug 17 by dalenumber2

Yes I realised this pretty early on Saturday, but even on the right number I’ve found it impossible to get through. I’ve got the money ready to buy a season ticket but at the moment it’s not looking like I’m going to be able to get one whilst I’m away on holiday, and there’s only so many times I’m going to try before I give it up as a lost cause. I’m not moaning just stating facts.

You don't come across as a moaner to me, but you have experienced similar exasperations to me and maybe I come across as a moaner too? I'm not - just tired with a process which is geared up to putting payment through a window and getting what you want back through that window or ringing a phone that is never answered.

RR (in good faith) suggested a letter to the CEO. I wasn't going to reply to that until I saw your post - I have in fact written to CG, RG and the current administration at least 5 times in the past. Being in full time employment, remote from Spotland and not infrequently away from home/out of the country with work I have had to virtually walk over coals to get tickets in the past for various "technical" issues where I was unjustly disadvantaged for a variety of reasons which I won't go into.

As a counterpoint, I have also had very good experiences with ticketing on occasions, bringing many friends, family and even my boss from Italy to games in the past which have been very positive. Too often though, the kind of negative experiences we have shared this time (again for me) have been the norm.

What's the old adage, don't judge someone unless you've walked a mile in their shoes? I hope you get fixed up. But please also prepare yourself for the fact that your payment method may be refused too. As an aside, it was mentioned that my credit cards (including the one I used 6 times at the weekend) might have problems with them, but I think after at least 12 attempts to put a payment through on 4 different cards for 2 different seats, there was no small amount of frustration at both ends and the lady who I spoke to couldn't have been more patient really (as I tried to be after the best part of 10 hours then having the door metaphorically slammed shut in my face).

I genuinely hope you get fixed up and enjoy the season. But if you do decide to vote with your feet, like anyone reasonably would when they get to the end of their rope, you can console yourself with the thought that you won't be the first and you won't be the last. The big problem the club has is that it isn't filling the bucket up fast enough to offset all the leaks and the level goes down each year. I'm quite sure it will be a quantum step down this year and that doesn't bode well for the future.

Good luck and up the dale.

Edit - you posted whilst I was typing ……. I had a phone call to deal with too - I don't type THAT slowly)
[Post edited 18 Aug 2020 9:54]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season ticket prices on 12:32 - Aug 18 with 2052 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Renewed mine (for the main stand) 1/2 hour ago on the phone. Straight through, no waiting & the staff couldn’t have been more helpful. Not got my own seat & not many left in there so would advise anyone with a spare few mins to get in touch now.
Season ticket prices on 13:50 - Aug 18 with 1911 viewsfermin

Season ticket prices on 21:19 - Aug 17 by D_Alien

To get back to the point of this thread before it was blown off course, there are a minimum of 100 seats reserved for DFC holders - note the word minimum

If the 2000 other places available don't get sold as SCs, they then become available to DFC holders

This has been referred to several times on here previously, but thought i'd repeat it so people aren't put off buying a DFC thinking there's only 100 places. It remains to be seen
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 21:20]

Without knowing the details on the types of people who have bought season cards and how many will be bought, it is difficult to be certain, but I would imagine that there will be extra spaces from season card holders not attending if the club implement the trust proposal to allow the club to sell the seat providing the season card holder tells them they will not be attending.

For example, in recent seasons I have not attended any midweek games and I anticipate that in the coming season that my attendance at Saturday games will also be restricted depending on how I feel about (long-distance) public transport. Others may not be able to attend odd games for other reasons as in previous years. This should free up a number of spaces if the scheme is implemented.

I have never bought a season ticket as a means of saving money on admission as I am fortunate enough for this not to be a consideration. For me it has always been a way of showing support to the club, as well as the convenience of having a guaranteed ticket and a seat next to the people I have known for many years. It makes sense to me that while there is limited capacity I should give up my seat if I cannot attend to allow someone else to, as this would both give the club extra income and open up a space to another Dale fan who cannot afford or does not want to get a season card. I would not be bothered about getting the reward offered in the Trust scheme either, so perhaps there could be an option to give it up or donate it to a charity supported by the club.

In short, I hope the Trust will ensure that the club implements their proposal.
Season ticket prices on 14:02 - Aug 18 with 1888 viewsD_Alien

Season ticket prices on 13:50 - Aug 18 by fermin

Without knowing the details on the types of people who have bought season cards and how many will be bought, it is difficult to be certain, but I would imagine that there will be extra spaces from season card holders not attending if the club implement the trust proposal to allow the club to sell the seat providing the season card holder tells them they will not be attending.

For example, in recent seasons I have not attended any midweek games and I anticipate that in the coming season that my attendance at Saturday games will also be restricted depending on how I feel about (long-distance) public transport. Others may not be able to attend odd games for other reasons as in previous years. This should free up a number of spaces if the scheme is implemented.

I have never bought a season ticket as a means of saving money on admission as I am fortunate enough for this not to be a consideration. For me it has always been a way of showing support to the club, as well as the convenience of having a guaranteed ticket and a seat next to the people I have known for many years. It makes sense to me that while there is limited capacity I should give up my seat if I cannot attend to allow someone else to, as this would both give the club extra income and open up a space to another Dale fan who cannot afford or does not want to get a season card. I would not be bothered about getting the reward offered in the Trust scheme either, so perhaps there could be an option to give it up or donate it to a charity supported by the club.

In short, I hope the Trust will ensure that the club implements their proposal.

Yes, it's an excellent proposal, and something that depends on the co-operation of supporters who can't attend with an SC. If the level of co-operation shown by yourself is matched by the club and others, it'd exemplify what the club say they are about in naming the alternative to the SC, the Dale Family Card

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season ticket prices on 21:46 - Aug 18 with 1559 viewsDaleiLama

Season ticket prices on 17:54 - Aug 12 by Shun

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/season-card-qa/

Interesting that the Wilbutts Lane end will be made available as an alternative only. As in, you can only choose one of the other three stands and if your chosen one is full you’ll be offered the Wilbutts Lane, at the same price as your chosen one. I was aiming to choose that one anyway and pay a bit extra, so I might just wait a few hours and then ring up in the hope that the Sandy Lane is full.

No music either! Some people will see that as a blessing but it’ll feel so surreal.

Had to laugh at this bit:
‘Supporters, under the current guidance, will not be allowed to sing, chant or shout.’
Wait till McNulty lashes in a 94th minute screamer and you try stopping us shouting.

Just been catching up on the snooker on-line - wanted to watch the decider in the McGill/Wilson semi, which I'd seen labels of being a classic - it was, and the last frame in the final which I missed Sunday night.

It did occur to me that snooker fans were in a closed Crucible, no masks, cheering, whistling and generally acting in a way which football fans in the open air are being actively discouraged from doing, as per Shun's quote above. I know there are a million and one "inconsistences" in guidelines but for snooker fans to cheer louder than footy fans ……….
[Post edited 18 Aug 2020 21:50]

Season ticket prices on 22:16 - Aug 18 with 1505 viewsnordenblue

Season ticket prices on 21:46 - Aug 18 by DaleiLama

Just been catching up on the snooker on-line - wanted to watch the decider in the McGill/Wilson semi, which I'd seen labels of being a classic - it was, and the last frame in the final which I missed Sunday night.

It did occur to me that snooker fans were in a closed Crucible, no masks, cheering, whistling and generally acting in a way which football fans in the open air are being actively discouraged from doing, as per Shun's quote above. I know there are a million and one "inconsistences" in guidelines but for snooker fans to cheer louder than footy fans ……….
[Post edited 18 Aug 2020 21:50]

It was a great watch,the final kind of sums Ronnie up perfectly, when he was running away with it his mind goes and struggles to focus and lets the door open,once there's a game to be played and pressure applied he's a different character.
It was the same in the semi when he went 14-16 down to Selby, he turned up another level, he must be up there with the most naturally gifted sportsmen of all time in any sport.
Season ticket prices on 22:23 - Aug 18 with 1494 viewsDaleiLama

Season ticket prices on 22:16 - Aug 18 by nordenblue

It was a great watch,the final kind of sums Ronnie up perfectly, when he was running away with it his mind goes and struggles to focus and lets the door open,once there's a game to be played and pressure applied he's a different character.
It was the same in the semi when he went 14-16 down to Selby, he turned up another level, he must be up there with the most naturally gifted sportsmen of all time in any sport.

All the great ones make it look easy

Season ticket prices on 22:56 - Aug 18 with 1435 viewsnordenblue

Season ticket prices on 22:23 - Aug 18 by DaleiLama

All the great ones make it look easy

Absolutely, theres still a massive gulf in ability in his game to anyone else on the circuit.
Season ticket prices on 10:02 - Aug 19 with 1140 viewsJames1980

Has anyone received their card in post yet? I know it is early days.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 10:06]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024