Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City 08:58 - Dec 22 with 8859 viewsPhil_S

A rare visitor from South Wales here - breaking Welsh lockdown rules and in West London for the moment.

As part of our coverage of Saturday's game then we have a extensive build up ahead of the game which you may want to check out at the link below - interesting this morning to see that someone has updated Warburton's wikipedia to say that he will be sacked - based on what I was reading earlier not sure there will be any tears shed from your end.

Anyway - check out the coverage below

https://www.planetswans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2496

And if you are interested then by all means follow us on Twitter @swansnews

Swansea City on 09:53 - Dec 22 with 6838 viewsterryb

Thank you for including the story of Kiyan Prince. That is normally overlooked by our opponents.

I play online Bridge against a Swansea ST holder every Monday, so this match has increased in importance for me this season! He has informed me that the results have been better than the performances, but that can happen when the front two work as hard as your's do!
Swansea City on 11:00 - Dec 22 with 6727 viewsnix

I agree, lovely stuff about Kiyan Prince. Welcome to the board.

We're really struggling atm, a lot of it with confidence and we've got a small squad so all these matches are not helping. I think you'll find us a lot easier prospect than last season!

Interesting to see how Luke Bidwell is prospering this season. I think he was pretty popular here for the effort he put in but I don't think he was anywhere near the number of assists per match for us. Must be frustrating for Manning being kept out of the team by another ex-R.

Do you think you've got a good chance of going up?
Swansea City on 11:20 - Dec 22 with 6677 viewsLoftgirl

Swansea City on 11:00 - Dec 22 by nix

I agree, lovely stuff about Kiyan Prince. Welcome to the board.

We're really struggling atm, a lot of it with confidence and we've got a small squad so all these matches are not helping. I think you'll find us a lot easier prospect than last season!

Interesting to see how Luke Bidwell is prospering this season. I think he was pretty popular here for the effort he put in but I don't think he was anywhere near the number of assists per match for us. Must be frustrating for Manning being kept out of the team by another ex-R.

Do you think you've got a good chance of going up?

What about his brother Jake?
Swansea City on 11:29 - Dec 22 with 6652 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Nice website. Only wish ours had some of the class of yours.

As for Warburton's popularty there is a current poll which stands 95 stay and 47 go. I would say that overall Warburton has been held in higher regard than those that preceeded him. He is operating with a very cheap squad attempting to turn a basketcase club into a sustainable club. Nevertheless we have been playing mainly attractive football.

It would be a mistake to sack him. The fans you quote are the headbangers who always turn out when the club goes through a rough patch. Hopefully the Wiki reference will just be a certifiable joker, but who knows with QPR.
Swansea City on 11:30 - Dec 22 with 6642 viewsNorthernr

Swansea City on 11:29 - Dec 22 by Spaghetti_Hoops

As for Warburton's popularty there is a current poll which stands 95 stay and 47 go. I would say that overall Warburton has been held in higher regard than those that preceeded him. He is operating with a very cheap squad attempting to turn a basketcase club into a sustainable club. Nevertheless we have been playing mainly attractive football.

It would be a mistake to sack him. The fans you quote are the headbangers who always turn out when the club goes through a rough patch. Hopefully the Wiki reference will just be a certifiable joker, but who knows with QPR.

You disagree with what I write, fair enough, opinions etc. But is there any need to say that? Isn't life hard enough atm?

Merry fcking Christmas.
Swansea City on 11:48 - Dec 22 with 6590 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Swansea City on 11:30 - Dec 22 by Northernr

You disagree with what I write, fair enough, opinions etc. But is there any need to say that? Isn't life hard enough atm?

Merry fcking Christmas.

I don't want to speak for Spaghetti Hoop but I think he/she was referring to a minority of posters rather than the forum itself.

Despite my own classless contributions, this is an excellent forum.

Also a great article by Planet Swans and a nice touch for acknowledging Kieran Prince.
Swansea City on 12:44 - Dec 22 with 6496 viewsMoonshineSteve

Merry fcking Christmas.

Try to think of it as a Christmas present. You like moaning, he's giving you something to get annoyed about.

Season of goodwill and all that.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Swansea City on 12:51 - Dec 22 with 6481 viewsPinnerPaul

Thanks to the op.

Lack of class on this website? Please - pick a club, any club and go on their messageboard when they lose.

95% of posts are just swear words repeated over and over.

You can have a sensible discussion with most on here about most topics, even ref decisions................................... sometimes!

For the op 7/5 I've seen for a Swansea win - that seems cracking value to me.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City on 12:56 - Dec 22 with 6445 viewsnix

Swansea City on 11:20 - Dec 22 by Loftgirl

What about his brother Jake?

Sorry. Duh! Great with faces, terrible with names!!
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 12:57]
Swansea City on 13:16 - Dec 22 with 6399 viewsNoelmc

Nice to get an occasional visit on here from a friendly away fan.

One of your fellow Jacks actually started the following thread on here, which has entertained us and is now up to 27 pages and counting;

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/114849
Swansea City on 13:40 - Dec 22 with 6343 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Swansea City on 11:48 - Dec 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don't want to speak for Spaghetti Hoop but I think he/she was referring to a minority of posters rather than the forum itself.

Also a great article by Planet Swans and a nice touch for acknowledging Kieran Prince.

I think so too, Bazz.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Swansea City on 13:40 - Dec 22 with 6338 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Welcome Phil. Excellent write-up.

Best of luck to you.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Swansea City on 16:50 - Dec 22 with 6162 viewsDiscodroids

Stay' Classy' , LFW.

[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 17:02]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Swansea City on 16:51 - Dec 22 with 6161 viewsrrrspricey

Swansea City on 13:40 - Dec 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Welcome Phil. Excellent write-up.

Best of luck to you.

What Brian said...apart from the luck!
Swansea City on 18:16 - Dec 22 with 6017 viewsBoston

Swansea City on 11:48 - Dec 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

There’s few on here who acknowledge poor old Kieran either.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Swansea City on 18:16 - Dec 22 with 6020 viewslondonscottish

Swansea City on 11:29 - Dec 22 by Spaghetti_Hoops

U wot m8?

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Swansea City on 19:31 - Dec 22 with 5917 viewsdistortR

Merry fcking Christmas.

i'd like to see some flowers to brighten the place up a bit
Swansea City on 19:38 - Dec 22 with 5886 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Swansea City on 19:31 - Dec 22 by distortR

i'd like to see some flowers to brighten the place up a bit

Swansea City on 19:52 - Dec 22 with 5847 viewsdistortR

Swansea City on 19:38 - Dec 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

that is definitely NOT an F1 hybrid.

(F1 hybrid - offspring of distinctly different parental types)
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 19:56]
Swansea City on 20:09 - Dec 22 with 5787 viewsDixie_CT

Swansea City on 19:38 - Dec 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think Tim Flowers made his debut for Blackburn against us when he joined them from Southampton for, again I think, £2.3m, which was a world record fee for a goalkeeper at the time*

It was the game when we won in the 80th minute and the goal was initially given to Les but then changed by one of the first sittings of the newly formed, Dubious Goals Panel, to a David May own goal.

On four shortly separated occasions, I just forgot what I went into the shops for yet can recall this stuff from 30 years ago. Thanks brain!!

*I think it was eclipsed by Gianluca Pagliuca’s move from Sampdoria to Inter. If I recall that right then I’m an even bigger nerd than I thought!!
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 20:10]
Swansea City on 20:12 - Dec 22 with 5778 viewsManinBlack

Good site Phil thanks or sharing. This site and yours are two of the best around having looked at other clubs.

I was in planet Swansea last Thursday and Saturday, so I missed our lame display at Wycombe thankfully. Alas our respective governments decided to make immediate changes and I was deported from Wales on Sunday evening.
Swansea City on 10:09 - Dec 23 with 5423 viewsPhil_S

Cheers all for the comments and I atually add that this is a quality website - Planet Swans was a part of fansnetwork for many years and I often read Clive's words largely as I wonder where he finds the time to write them but because they always read well.

I think the best way to describe us right now is "relentlessly functional" - we are not pleasing on the eye or pinging the ball around like a modern day Welsh version of Barcelona, we just play it tight, score a goal here and there and win games. I think it is one of the benefits of no fans, is you can watch on your TV, stand up, make a cuppa and grab a biscuit, visit the toilet (number 1 or 2 makes no difference) and come back into the room reasonably safe in the knowledge you won't have missed much.

Do keep checking back on the thread, we keep adding stuff to it as the week goes on, some of it is interesting, some less so but its all subjective 😂

Sorry to those of you deported 😁 we've had prohibition now for a few weeks anyway its only a matter of time before Drakeford sinks the severn bridge not realising there are endless back roads into Wales anyway. Odd times

Anyway, today's feature - I won't keep spamming the board but great to be made so welcome

https://www.planetswans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2496&p=32616#p32
Swansea City on 10:16 - Dec 23 with 5400 viewsted_hendrix

Say hello to Swansea-Jack.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Swansea City on 12:28 - Dec 23 with 5247 viewsPinnerPaul

Just read it now - extensive, excellent coverage on the Kiyan Prince Foundation.
Swansea City on 12:42 - Dec 23 with 5216 viewstimcocking

My mate's Dad was the Swansea...was it Chairman or Manager? Can't remember. Griffiths. Swansea family. Suppose it shows how quickly things have changed. Seems unlikely nowadays my mate's Dad would be the Swansea manager. Or Chairman.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024