Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille 16:51 - Jan 16 with 15402 viewsKeithHaynes

Expect them in the coming days, another test of the will of the clubs owners to get this club in to the premier league.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 19:36 - Jan 18 with 1382 viewsjacktheripper

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 19:21 - Jan 18 by angryjack

Yes then we came down and had more sales and more money in then more sales then more sales and parachute payments and laying hundreds staff off and spending next to nothing I think the money in more than covers money out since we came down also

First season back in the championship our turnover was £68m but our operating costs were £103m. So there's a deficit of £83m in 2 seasons!
Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 19:41 - Jan 18 with 1370 viewsangryjack

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 19:36 - Jan 18 by jacktheripper

First season back in the championship our turnover was £68m but our operating costs were £103m. So there's a deficit of £83m in 2 seasons!

No other club coming down has made as much money in transfers over a few seasons as us and sdtill invested more..the club runs itself they have not put anything in
Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 19:51 - Jan 18 with 1347 viewsjack_lord

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 19:25 - Jan 18 by jacktheripper

I can't make my mind up as to which was worse, the £8m for Sanchez or the £15m for Clucas

We got some money back for Clucas I guess. But his purchase was one of the buys that took us down with a financial headache.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 20:04 - Jan 18 with 1321 viewsjacktheripper

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 19:41 - Jan 18 by angryjack

No other club coming down has made as much money in transfers over a few seasons as us and sdtill invested more..the club runs itself they have not put anything in

I didn't say they had put money in (taking us to the next level eh Huw) but to suggest that they've somehow managed to siphon funds out of the club is simply ludicrous and without foundation
Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille (n/t) on 20:39 - Jan 18 with 1291 viewsChief

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 20:04 - Jan 18 by jacktheripper

I didn't say they had put money in (taking us to the next level eh Huw) but to suggest that they've somehow managed to siphon funds out of the club is simply ludicrous and without foundation

[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 20:42]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 20:42 - Jan 18 with 1285 viewsChief

I'm being told that I'm being twp a lot on this so I would like some help. Got no idea what the accounts say, no good at deciphering it.

Would you say that roughly, upon relegation we were cash neutral?

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 21:04 - Jan 18 with 1247 viewsangryjack

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 20:04 - Jan 18 by jacktheripper

Not ludicrous at all is it what business men hiding money..no that would never happen would it
Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 22:06 - Jan 18 with 1201 viewsjacktheripper

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 20:42 - Jan 18 by Chief

I'm being told that I'm being twp a lot on this so I would like some help. Got no idea what the accounts say, no good at deciphering it.

Without the fire sale of players we would have been in deep s#%t.
Login to get fewer ads

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 22:12 - Jan 18 with 1191 viewsangryjack

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 22:06 - Jan 18 by jacktheripper

Don't believe it got their money back and more why can team like Norwich keep all players not make the endless money transfer fees we have made,go on tell me they got rich backers well so have we so why won't they put in instead taking out,and don't tell me they don't take out otherwise why would they be with us,they not doing it for fun
Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 22:14 - Jan 18 with 1187 viewsChief

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 22:06 - Jan 18 by jacktheripper

Indeed. Our wage outgoings must have been considerably reduced from when we got relegated to when the transfer window shut that August.

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 22:29 - Jan 18 with 1169 viewsangryjack

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 22:14 - Jan 18 by Chief

Indeed. Our wage outgoings must have been considerably reduced from when we got relegated to when the transfer window shut that August.

Yes but the club is running itself In them terms what is the point having these owners they not helping us in anyway whatsoever just managing it and taking out money call it a wage call it anything but they ain't put anything in as have other owners don't trust them one iota .next thing gone be landore, other owners put in not take out
Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 22:46 - Jan 18 with 1138 viewsBadlands

Accounts published.
The cost of transfers and wages are easy to find and then do some sums.
There is no great conspiracy as can be seen by anyone with National Curriculum level 4 standard maths.
What is the point to the consortium being in charge?
They have stopped the sinking ship from being completely submerged and have took hard decisions to make sure we stayed afloat and are in a position to be in control of our direction. When they cam on board Jenkins and co knew we were entering seriously perilous waters.
Only 'fans' who consider us failures if we are not in the PL will be angry.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 22:55 - Jan 18 with 1130 viewsTreforys_Jack

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 22:46 - Jan 18 by Badlands

Accounts published.
The cost of transfers and wages are easy to find and then do some sums.
There is no great conspiracy as can be seen by anyone with National Curriculum level 4 standard maths.
What is the point to the consortium being in charge?
They have stopped the sinking ship from being completely submerged and have took hard decisions to make sure we stayed afloat and are in a position to be in control of our direction. When they cam on board Jenkins and co knew we were entering seriously perilous waters.
Only 'fans' who consider us failures if we are not in the PL will be angry.

Nail hit firmly on head. Really isn't rocket science lads. They are not wealthy (in football terms) but have undoubtedly steadied a ship that could have slipped right down the pyramid. Trusting HJ to run the club and his desperate gamble to keep us in the PL with players who had worked had done the business before, was the biggest error they made.
First thing they should have done is appoint a chief exec who knew what he was doing. We should never have been saddled with A Ayew on 80k a week for 3 years in the Championship.
Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 23:14 - Jan 18 with 1109 viewsChief

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 22:55 - Jan 18 by Treforys_Jack

Nail hit firmly on head. Really isn't rocket science lads. They are not wealthy (in football terms) but have undoubtedly steadied a ship that could have slipped right down the pyramid. Trusting HJ to run the club and his desperate gamble to keep us in the PL with players who had worked had done the business before, was the biggest error they made.
First thing they should have done is appoint a chief exec who knew what he was doing. We should never have been saddled with A Ayew on 80k a week for 3 years in the Championship.

Don't disagree with anything you've said there.

Ayew though was on loan for our first season down so some of his wages would be subsidised for that.

Say for the 3 seasons in the championship it equals say roughly 65k a week average? And that's Conservative considering we should have had a loan fee for him too.

So hes by far our biggest outlay since relegation (and we're only half way through the third) , and it totals just over:

£10million.

Hmm.

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 00:50 - Jan 19 with 1076 viewsNotLoyal

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 23:14 - Jan 18 by Chief

Don't disagree with anything you've said there.

Ayew though was on loan for our first season down so some of his wages would be subsidised for that.

Say for the 3 seasons in the championship it equals say roughly 65k a week average? And that's Conservative considering we should have had a loan fee for him too.

So hes by far our biggest outlay since relegation (and we're only half way through the third) , and it totals just over:

£10million.

Hmm.

He's done well out of us. Earns in two days the average national wage for a trade qualified person.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 02:04 - Jan 19 with 1059 viewsjasper_T

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 20:42 - Jan 18 by Chief

In the accounts for the end of the relegation season our creditors (people we owed money to) exceeded our debtors (people who owed us money) by £59.2m. There was £34.2m due in, £12m of which wouldn't arrive for more than 12 months. £73.7m in creditors falling due within 12 months. Another £19.7m after that.

We had half a million in cash on hand. It was essential that we paid off as much of that deficit as we could with sales of assets that first summer, even before worrying about the massive wages vs income problem that had to be addressed for the Championship campaign.
Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 06:05 - Jan 19 with 1021 viewsDr_Winston

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 02:04 - Jan 19 by jasper_T

In the accounts for the end of the relegation season our creditors (people we owed money to) exceeded our debtors (people who owed us money) by £59.2m. There was £34.2m due in, £12m of which wouldn't arrive for more than 12 months. £73.7m in creditors falling due within 12 months. Another £19.7m after that.

We had half a million in cash on hand. It was essential that we paid off as much of that deficit as we could with sales of assets that first summer, even before worrying about the massive wages vs income problem that had to be addressed for the Championship campaign.

Yep

The club was "haemorrhaging cash" as it was put to me by someone who would definitely know. Our spending in the last couple of years in the Prem was reckless and massively wasteful.

We have done well to get ourselves back to the position we are in now, albeit aided by the fruits of a youth system that has delivered big time. Shudder to think what kind of mess we'd be in if we hadn't had the likes of James and McBurnie to sell.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 06:55 - Jan 19 with 999 viewsChief

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 02:04 - Jan 19 by jasper_T

So we were entering the championship minus £59.2mil?

But there was £22mill coming in already so would that be equal to a £37 mill shortfall?

Sorry what's the £73.7mill?

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 09:23 - Jan 19 with 945 viewsjacktheripper

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 22:12 - Jan 18 by angryjack

Don't believe it got their money back and more why can team like Norwich keep all players not make the endless money transfer fees we have made,go on tell me they got rich backers well so have we so why won't they put in instead taking out,and don't tell me they don't take out otherwise why would they be with us,they not doing it for fun

They've had their money back and more???? What, £60m plus? 😂😂😂 You keep saying that they haven't put money into the club and I'm not disagreeing with that. The yanks were caught hook line and sinker by HJ's spin. They were hoping to keep us ticking over in the prem for a few seasons and then selling on at a profit. you know the rest
Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 11:49 - Jan 19 with 873 viewsangryjack

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 09:23 - Jan 19 by jacktheripper

They've had their money back and more???? What, £60m plus? 😂😂😂 You keep saying that they haven't put money into the club and I'm not disagreeing with that. The yanks were caught hook line and sinker by HJ's spin. They were hoping to keep us ticking over in the prem for a few seasons and then selling on at a profit. you know the rest

Well they are duller than I thought,you think they bought a club by just believing hj ,you think they never looked at all the financial side and everything else that businessmen and lawyers do,they bought the club listening to huw,if they wanted keep us in prem why employ Bob Bradley for a start
Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 14:00 - Jan 19 with 822 viewsjasper_T

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 06:55 - Jan 19 by Chief

So we were entering the championship minus £59.2mil?

But there was £22mill coming in already so would that be equal to a £37 mill shortfall?

Sorry what's the £73.7mill?

-£59.2m is the balance. The other figures are the individual amounts in and out that add up to -£59.2m.
Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 14:19 - Jan 19 with 797 viewsChief

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 14:00 - Jan 19 by jasper_T

-£59.2m is the balance. The other figures are the individual amounts in and out that add up to -£59.2m.

And is that before or after parachute payments / tv money?

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 14:30 - Jan 19 with 777 viewsjasper_T

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 14:19 - Jan 19 by Chief

And is that before or after parachute payments / tv money?

Yes, all that would come in the following season's income where there would be another year of wages etc. to pay. The start point for that was a £90m wage bill vs total income incl. parachute payment of around £60m. So again players needed to go to even break even let alone pay off previous arrears.
Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 15:10 - Jan 19 with 742 viewsChief

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 14:30 - Jan 19 by jasper_T

Yes, all that would come in the following season's income where there would be another year of wages etc. to pay. The start point for that was a £90m wage bill vs total income incl. parachute payment of around £60m. So again players needed to go to even break even let alone pay off previous arrears.

Sorry down arrowed by accident.

Apologies can we go back a bit...

So that summer / January we brought in roughly £44mill while getting the likes of fab, mawson, ki, mesa, rangel, clucas, Fernandez, Amat and Bartley off the wage bill. As well some of Carroll, Bony, Ayew, Baston, Montero, J Ayew. So that is a large reduction of the wage bill there (90 mill must have been it before this reduction?)

Do you know how much parachute payment we had?

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 15:27 - Jan 19 with 713 viewsjasper_T

Yan Dhanda offers to come from Leeds and Marseille on 15:10 - Jan 19 by Chief

Sorry down arrowed by accident.

Apologies can we go back a bit...

So that summer / January we brought in roughly £44mill while getting the likes of fab, mawson, ki, mesa, rangel, clucas, Fernandez, Amat and Bartley off the wage bill. As well some of Carroll, Bony, Ayew, Baston, Montero, J Ayew. So that is a large reduction of the wage bill there (90 mill must have been it before this reduction?)

Do you know how much parachute payment we had?

Turnover for the first Championship season was £68.2m of which £51.6m was media which includes the parachute payment. I don't think the exact value is listed separately. The first year payment is 55% of what we would have received the year before. Without it we'd have been Donald ducked.

The final wage bill for the first Championship season was £48.9m down from £92.6 the previous season, so yes there was a large reduction in line with our drop in income (£68.2m down from £126.8m).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024