Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anti-Northern songs 14:34 - Aug 22 with 11255 viewsScouse_R

Being a Scouse-R with a season ticket in Ellerslie Road (thanks to my 15 year-old son, who has been taking me to LR for the last 9 seasons), I have always felt a tad uncomfortable when the anti-Northerm songs come out against teams like Barnsley. I already feel like a bit of an alien at Rangers (my son has a 'southern' accent, so he's ok) so the anti-Northern songs can really make me wince. I usually shuffle around awkwardly when they come out.
Anyway, I got so carried away in the second half yesterday that I actually joined in and became an honorary Londoner!
Anti-Northern songs on 14:39 - Aug 22 with 6708 viewsPinnerPaul

The ones that make me 'wince' are"Lino, lino you're a c***" and "You're just another s*** ref",

but there we go, each to his own!
Anti-Northern songs on 15:29 - Aug 22 with 6609 viewsWirralHoop

Yes tricky one when the north is home
Anti-Northern songs on 15:39 - Aug 22 with 6577 viewsTacticalR

Perhaps the chant could be amended to 'except for QPR fans and their parents'?

Air hostess clique

Anti-Northern songs on 16:14 - Aug 22 with 6474 viewsScouse_R

I might add that one in next time myself :-)
Anti-Northern songs on 16:29 - Aug 22 with 6427 viewsmakaveli1882

Scouse to be honest the vast majority of Liverpool hate England the South and especially cockneys, mostly because they are 7th gen Irish.

I wouldn't take it to heart as it's done up and the country and will get the same treatment in Barnsley, joining lile you did is the way forward
Anti-Northern songs on 17:02 - Aug 22 with 6356 viewsMedwayR

I find a lot of these type of chants a bit cringe, they don't encourage or support the team in any way and basically display a mindset of 'you're different from me so I must try and mock you for it' which I find a bit odd.

Poll: Who’s better?

Anti-Northern songs on 17:13 - Aug 22 with 6306 viewsBoston

Do they still look in the dustbin for something to eat?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Anti-Northern songs on 17:15 - Aug 22 with 6297 viewsHarbour

Anti-Northern songs on 14:39 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

The ones that make me 'wince' are"Lino, lino you're a c***" and "You're just another s*** ref",

I might be wrong but I always feel the shit ref and Lino songs one could be counter productive if there is a 50/50 decision the ref/Lino might very towards the opposition if they are getting abuse. But having said that I thought the ref had a poor game yesterday.
Login to get fewer ads

Anti-Northern songs on 18:04 - Aug 22 with 6188 viewsdavman

Loving your staunch loyalty, Paul, but bloody hell; if you choose your "kin" over QPR, there must be something majorly wrong with you. It is common knowledge that every single official is a petty incompetent and they clearly deserve none of our support. To my mind both of those chants were absolutely justified yesterday (and actually for most games).

Are you really trying to defend Ward yesterday? He was abysmal.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Anti-Northern songs on 18:04 - Aug 22 with 6189 viewsrrrspricey

Shirley an anti-northern song would be "Clive, Clive, you're a cünt"...unless all lino's are northern

My favourite anti northern song is, and always will be Northern Birds by Amateur Transplants, hilarious
[Post edited 22 Aug 2021 18:05]
Anti-Northern songs on 18:44 - Aug 22 with 6104 viewskropotkin41

I find the anti-Welsh chants pretty uncomfortable from Rs fans at Cardiff and Swansea games, but more so the God Save the Queen knee-jerk Unionist bs from supporters of a club with a fair amount of Irish support. QPR isn't any more an England representative team than it's a Southern representative team. We could all try supporting the Rs without the prejudice.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Anti-Northern songs on 18:49 - Aug 22 with 6096 viewsRangersw12

Anti-Northern songs on 18:44 - Aug 22 by kropotkin41

I find the anti-Welsh chants pretty uncomfortable from Rs fans at Cardiff and Swansea games, but more so the God Save the Queen knee-jerk Unionist bs from supporters of a club with a fair amount of Irish support. QPR isn't any more an England representative team than it's a Southern representative team. We could all try supporting the Rs without the prejudice.

God forbid an English league club sings the national anthem

Dry your eyes FFS
Anti-Northern songs on 18:57 - Aug 22 with 6077 viewsCiderwithRsie

Anti-Northern songs on 18:49 - Aug 22 by Rangersw12

God forbid an English league club sings the national anthem

Dry your eyes FFS

I've no problem with God Save The Queen at all, I'm usually the only one who sticks up for it as a national anthem.

But I never remember it being sung at club games, is that a thing now, or is it just when playing Welsh clubs? Bit silly in that case, 'cos it's their national anthem too, unless you're implying they don't agree, which would sort of be saying you think they should be independent.
Anti-Northern songs on 18:57 - Aug 22 with 6077 viewsboysfromthebush

Jesus wept it gets better. Maybe badminton is more your sport?

We are an English club (yes we have fans of Irish descent) but we are English. Next you'll be telling us to ban St Georges cross' at LR.

Maybe spend some time sitting in with the Cardiff & Swansea fans and you'll see their hatred of England is much more than ours of Wales. That'll probably be ok in your eyes though, as by the tone of your post it's more about being anti English than anything else.
Anti-Northern songs on 19:00 - Aug 22 with 6069 viewsboysfromthebush

Anti-Northern songs on 18:57 - Aug 22 by CiderwithRsie

I've no problem with God Save The Queen at all, I'm usually the only one who sticks up for it as a national anthem.

But I never remember it being sung at club games, is that a thing now, or is it just when playing Welsh clubs? Bit silly in that case, 'cos it's their national anthem too, unless you're implying they don't agree, which would sort of be saying you think they should be independent.

They despise GSTQ in Wales, especially at Cardiff. Only sung at those games, usually in response to 'always shit on the English side of the bridge'. Lovely.
Anti-Northern songs on 19:04 - Aug 22 with 6053 viewsDavieQPR

Suppose all the 'Northerners' sing hymns to us when we play up there.
Anti-Northern songs on 19:10 - Aug 22 with 6037 viewsCiderwithRsie

Anti-Northern songs on 19:00 - Aug 22 by boysfromthebush

They despise GSTQ in Wales, especially at Cardiff. Only sung at those games, usually in response to 'always shit on the English side of the bridge'. Lovely.

OK that makes more sense.

It's all a bit sad IMO. I reckon the English (including me) got much more anti-Celt since around 1980 when Scots Welsh and Irish fans started to make a big deal of putting one over England (starting with Ally F*cking McLeod) ironically just when their teams started filling up with English players with a qualifying granny.

It used to be a sporting rivalry in the Home International days, feels now like loudmouths on both sides genuinely think the other lot despise them and the rest of us are getting dragged along.

At risk of getting political here so might have to shut up now.
Anti-Northern songs on 20:07 - Aug 22 with 5916 viewsMatch82

Anti-Northern songs on 18:57 - Aug 22 by boysfromthebush

Jesus wept it gets better. Maybe badminton is more your sport?

We are an English club (yes we have fans of Irish descent) but we are English. Next you'll be telling us to ban St Georges cross' at LR.

Maybe spend some time sitting in with the Cardiff & Swansea fans and you'll see their hatred of England is much more than ours of Wales. That'll probably be ok in your eyes though, as by the tone of your post it's more about being anti English than anything else.

I don't really care either way about what gets stung and I'm not at the games but "they are doing it so why shouldn't we?" feels like a slippery slope of an argument.
Anti-Northern songs on 20:40 - Aug 22 with 5840 viewsBoston

There are three types of football song
a/ supportive
b/ being funny
c/ winding up away fans.

Some are good, some are crap, some are downright embarrassing. I only join in the ones I like.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Anti-Northern songs on 20:46 - Aug 22 with 5822 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Have a upvote mate from this English guy to show we’re not all thin skinned and insecure nationalists.
Anti-Northern songs on 21:01 - Aug 22 with 5774 viewsrobith

I quite enjoyed "we pay your benefits" dying out before a third repetition - absolute dirt chant
Anti-Northern songs on 21:03 - Aug 22 with 5763 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anti-Northern songs on 21:01 - Aug 22 by robith

I quite enjoyed "we pay your benefits" dying out before a third repetition - absolute dirt chant

Was sung at Hull that one.
Anti-Northern songs on 21:04 - Aug 22 with 5763 viewsdezzar

Anti-Northern songs on 21:01 - Aug 22 by robith

Agreed i think this chant is shit and shows a massive lack of class
Anti-Northern songs on 21:12 - Aug 22 with 5734 viewsboysfromthebush

Anti-Northern songs on 20:07 - Aug 22 by Match82

I don't really care either way about what gets stung and I'm not at the games but "they are doing it so why shouldn't we?" feels like a slippery slope of an argument.

If that's how you've read it, then that's fair enough. My argument is that we're an English club and it's part of the tribalism of football. QPR/Chelsea, England/Wales.

Too many bed wetters trying to dilute the passion of the fans.
Anti-Northern songs on 21:15 - Aug 22 with 5724 viewsboysfromthebush

Anti-Northern songs on 20:46 - Aug 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Have a upvote mate from this English guy to show we’re not all thin skinned and insecure nationalists.

Haha something more original please.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024