Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) 09:01 - Jan 7 with 2367 viewsJonathandeGuzman

Just wanted a general chat about what you hope/expect from this transfer window.
My thoughts on the ideal transfer window as it stands
IN:
Fisher (seems certain to happen) Don't think Hamer did a bad job so, but this guy seems to be promising
Matt O'riley (Hope this happens but don't think we have the financial power to get this deal over the line, 1.5 mil quoted as minimum. as for his position, we are already stocked in CM position, but if he plays as an attacking mid, we can surely use him)
Neco Williams ( Loan, would be great replacement for laird. Welsh and looking to get regular game time to secure his spot in Wales, game time almost guaranteed in our current squad)
Ashley Fletcher loan, or any other striker on loan (Fletcher is only other striker I saw rumored)
McAtee ( Loan, would be a real coup if we got him and maybe render the signing of O'riley unnecessary for the moment)

Out: Fulton (+- 500K, great player, but doesn't seem to fit or liked by Martin??)
Dhanda (Feel like this could be a same deal like byers, free with sell-on, had great promise but never really delivered)
Benda (If fisher comes we should look to sell for decent fee, 500k would be the max I guess)
Cullen (Loan, or stay if we don't bring in another striker)
Macfayden (Loan, saw rumours about links with newport, would be great for his development, really see him being a future squad player for SA1)
Dan Williams (Loan, great potential to be a future Joe Allen;))
Rhys Williams (Recall, just give cooper and lauti a chance)

This is what I hope, now what I expect....
Well seeing the rumours about failing to cough up 400K for Fisher.
I'm afraid O'riley will certainly not happen and us relying on loans to add a striker, attacking mid, RWB, CB. And even then I think a striker is not likely due to recall of Kyle Joseph.

Let's just hope this is a rebuild season. Can see us go for O'Riley in the summer if it doesn't happen this window and try to get some other players out of contract or on a cheap.
Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 10:33 - Jan 7 with 1985 viewsGruffStephens

Excellent topic 👍
Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 11:02 - Jan 7 with 1949 viewsbuilthjack

Cullen to Portsmouth perhaps.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 11:12 - Jan 7 with 1939 viewsChief

Expectations - pretty low, if the murmurs are to be believed money is tight or is being kept tight.

Fisher and a loan in.

Fulton, few loans out.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 11:21 - Jan 7 with 1928 viewsbuilthjack

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 11:12 - Jan 7 by Chief

Expectations - pretty low, if the murmurs are to be believed money is tight or is being kept tight.

Fisher and a loan in.

Fulton, few loans out.

I wonder why Silverstein came over. It would seem for a holiday.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 15:07 - Jan 7 with 1819 viewsvetchonian

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 11:21 - Jan 7 by builthjack

In the upper NEath Valley possibly

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 15:23 - Jan 7 with 1801 viewsChief

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 15:07 - Jan 7 by vetchonian

In the upper NEath Valley possibly

Yea although I'm pretty sure the poster you talk of who can't even spell the name of the village is actually from there

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 15:32 - Jan 7 with 1791 viewsChief

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 11:21 - Jan 7 by builthjack

Well he obviously thinks he knows best. There was talk and bold claims about us getting business done by next week but that's not looking likely at all now. I never thought it would be - I refuse to believe we wont do any business on deadline day for example, but Silverstein was never planned to be here that late so the cutting out the middleman (Winter) for confirmations never rang true to me.

Maybe the fan ban has affected Silversteins confidence in the financials or is he being silly and trying to low ball teams and holding out for high fees to the detriment for outgoing players as has been the case when the Americans were in charge of transfer negotiations previously?

Impossible to say currently but from all the mumours, there doesn't sound like there's much exciting going on

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 15:36 - Jan 7 with 1785 viewsWhiterockin

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 15:32 - Jan 7 by Chief

Well he obviously thinks he knows best. There was talk and bold claims about us getting business done by next week but that's not looking likely at all now. I never thought it would be - I refuse to believe we wont do any business on deadline day for example, but Silverstein was never planned to be here that late so the cutting out the middleman (Winter) for confirmations never rang true to me.

Maybe the fan ban has affected Silversteins confidence in the financials or is he being silly and trying to low ball teams and holding out for high fees to the detriment for outgoing players as has been the case when the Americans were in charge of transfer negotiations previously?

Impossible to say currently but from all the mumours, there doesn't sound like there's much exciting going on

Anyone with a football brain knows most of the transfer business gets done in the last 2 of the window weeks not the first 2 weeks. What if you get a late bid for a player, things change.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 16:13 - Jan 7 with 1749 viewsChief

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 15:36 - Jan 7 by Whiterockin

Anyone with a football brain knows most of the transfer business gets done in the last 2 of the window weeks not the first 2 weeks. What if you get a late bid for a player, things change.

Yes exactly, Silverstein thoughts otherwise it seems.

Maybe now the reality has set in.

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 18:14 - Jan 7 with 1695 viewsBillyChong

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 15:36 - Jan 7 by Whiterockin

Seemed rather naive from Silverstein, he needs to get familiar with how transfer dealings work over here
Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 18:59 - Jan 7 with 1660 viewsAndyCole

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 10:33 - Jan 7 by GruffStephens

Excellent topic 👍

Concur

Can we sign JonathandeGuzman ?

Pato is our first big signing - a massive boost on the back of the grim news about Laird and some of the rumours circulating thereafter

Fisher a must if Martin has any chance of succeeding with his vision

Darling - to solidify the spine: Fisher - Darling - Grimes - Pato - Piroe

Kyle J - give him a chance on the right

LWB - can Neco play left ?

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 19:22 - Jan 7 with 1631 viewsmax936

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 15:23 - Jan 7 by Chief

Yea although I'm pretty sure the poster you talk of who can't even spell the name of the village is actually from there

I bet the pub empties every time he enters, then again he probably doesn't drink I wonder if he likes Cheesecake.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 19:23 - Jan 7 with 1631 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Fulton out, Cullen sadly to Portsmouth and coming in, the next big thing from Cowdenbeath, Fife or Queen Of The South,. one loan and somebody from Abercwmflyover if we are lucky.
Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 19:26 - Jan 7 with 1628 viewsChief

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 19:22 - Jan 7 by max936

I bet the pub empties every time he enters, then again he probably doesn't drink I wonder if he likes Cheesecake.

I see what you did there

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 19:38 - Jan 7 with 1618 viewsJonathandeGuzman

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 18:59 - Jan 7 by AndyCole

Concur

Can we sign JonathandeGuzman ?

Pato is our first big signing - a massive boost on the back of the grim news about Laird and some of the rumours circulating thereafter

Fisher a must if Martin has any chance of succeeding with his vision

Darling - to solidify the spine: Fisher - Darling - Grimes - Pato - Piroe

Kyle J - give him a chance on the right

LWB - can Neco play left ?

Thankss,

Actually my first post on this forum, (as for my name JonathandeGuzman, i’m a Dutch fan following the swans since their premier league debut) been addicted to the Swans ever since.
Aim to post of react more frequently on this great forum.

As for kyle joseph; interesting comment by Russel Martin who said in the long term some players could fit in at right wing back. Personally I hope to see Joseph thrive as a striker, has a wonderfull workrate to fit in Martin style of play.

As for the rwb position, why not give rushesha a chance? Been around the squad for a time now, hè should at least be given a chance.

As for Darling I agree, need a ball playing cb.

Let’s see what the coming days bring. Fisher seems sure. O’riley also more likely.
Fingers crossed

Uppa jacks
Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 19:59 - Jan 7 with 1600 viewsmax936

All that way for a Joes Ice Creams.

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 20:38 - Jan 7 with 1574 viewsReslovenSwan1

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 19:38 - Jan 7 by JonathandeGuzman

Thankss,

Actually my first post on this forum, (as for my name JonathandeGuzman, i’m a Dutch fan following the swans since their premier league debut) been addicted to the Swans ever since.
Aim to post of react more frequently on this great forum.

As for kyle joseph; interesting comment by Russel Martin who said in the long term some players could fit in at right wing back. Personally I hope to see Joseph thrive as a striker, has a wonderfull workrate to fit in Martin style of play.

As for the rwb position, why not give rushesha a chance? Been around the squad for a time now, hè should at least be given a chance.

As for Darling I agree, need a ball playing cb.

Let’s see what the coming days bring. Fisher seems sure. O’riley also more likely.
Fingers crossed

Uppa jacks

Great contribution JdG.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 20:43 - Jan 7 with 1566 viewsAndyCole

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 20:38 - Jan 7 by ReslovenSwan1

Great contribution JdG.

Agreed. Refreshing and uplifting.

Re Kyle J - totally agree re a Martin type player, massive engine and desire. Can see him flying up and down the right side a la C Roberts (aka our very own Forrest Gump). Reminds me of Neco in some ways.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 21:43 - Jan 7 with 1526 viewsbuilthjack

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 19:59 - Jan 7 by max936

All that way for a Joes Ice Creams.

It would be worth it

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 22:23 - Jan 7 with 1502 viewsmax936

MaAteer got on against Swindon after 60 odds mins tonight, I didn't see much of it though, that Cole Palmer looks a talent.

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 10:04 - Jan 8 with 1417 viewsGruffStephens

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 15:32 - Jan 7 by Chief

I thought we said he was putting things in place as he was returning to the USA around the middle of this month ? Not that business would be done.
Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 21:19 - Jan 8 with 1321 viewsChief

Is Fulton still going then?

There was a mention on here the other day of some pact between him and Martin that he wouldn't play?

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 21:24 - Jan 8 with 1315 viewsChief

Vital Swansea twitter account who are usually pretty reliable are saying two in this week one being Fisher.

The other they say is 'underwhelming' and not a defender. Well that means it's not not Darling from MK Dons and I think most swans would happy with O'Reily or Twine, so I can't see it being them either.

So who could they be talking about?

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 21:26 - Jan 8 with 1309 viewsFireboy2

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 21:24 - Jan 8 by Chief

Vital Swansea twitter account who are usually pretty reliable are saying two in this week one being Fisher.

The other they say is 'underwhelming' and not a defender. Well that means it's not not Darling from MK Dons and I think most swans would happy with O'Reily or Twine, so I can't see it being them either.

So who could they be talking about?

Oh great 🙄
Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 17:24 - Jan 9 with 1212 viewsChief

Transfer Window hopes and expectations as things stand (07/01) on 21:19 - Jan 8 by Chief

Is Fulton still going then?

There was a mention on here the other day of some pact between him and Martin that he wouldn't play?

Just to clarify because the threads been suspiciously deleted.

Fultons still going. The pact only applied to the league.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024