Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze to start for Palace at the Den 12:05 - Jan 8 with 24265 viewsNoelmc

Good to see Ebere back in the starting line-up for Palace. Hope he has a good game!
Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:33 - Jan 11 with 2423 viewsShadow

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:31 - Jan 11 by slmrstid

"I also think he needs to re-evaluate the importance QPR holds in his life"

Says someone who has just trawled through 9 years of message board data to find and copy a post made nearly a decade ago and has apparently held a grudge ever since.

Hello Pot etc...

Actually the post was from 2020....

It was one of the first posts I ever made on this site so I remember it well.
Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:35 - Jan 11 with 2409 viewsdanehoop

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:31 - Jan 11 by slmrstid

"I also think he needs to re-evaluate the importance QPR holds in his life"

Says someone who has just trawled through 9 years of message board data to find and copy a post made nearly a decade ago and has apparently held a grudge ever since.

Hello Pot etc...

Just added to the fairly short ignore list that I operate. Feel sorry for Clive who has to read and keep track of all this sort of each day.

Never knowingly understood

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:37 - Jan 11 with 2396 viewsRangersw12

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:19 - Jan 11 by Shadow

I've a long memory...

This was an opinion I posted on the Derry/Young situation which whilst you may not agree with it was posted politely and without being rude. The context, btw way, was a claim that Ashley Young taking a easy dive was worst than what Man City had done in ruining football and we shouldn't still be celebrating them winning the league that season.

"Agueroooooooo! on 11:37 - May 14 by St_Pollock

Derry put his hands on him, he took advantage.

If the former doesn't happen then he doesn't go down.

Our players would have done exactly the same.

Even if you despise diving - and that equates to not celebrating any dubious penalties in our favour because if you do that is a clear admission that you're a hypocrite - Ashley Young doing what he did can not seriously be compared to what Man City have done.

I honestly find it embarrassing that QPR fans are still happy to celebrate what City 'achieved'."

This was NorthernR's less than polite response.

"Right hang on a minute here dicksplat. I'm smelling a bit of a rat with this steadfast defence of Man Utd. Anybody who's ever seen a football game before who comes up with any remote defence of that Ashley Young penalty needs to have a long hard look in a very big mirror.

1 - It's not a fcking penalty. Watch the replay and don't give me all this hands on him bollox. It's not a penalty. Even if you're not a QPR fan and your heart strings aren't tugged by the idea of a modern day club legend getting sent off on the day he captained the club at Old Trafford, and how proud that made the family of a journeyman footballer, it's still not a fcking penalty. I've never met a single person, QPR or otherwise, or heard a pundit suggest anything other than this was a dive and a dreadful refereeing decision. Even my died in the wool Man Utd mate laughs and admits it was a joke decision. Hands on him my arse.

2 - He's two fcking yards offside anyway. Even if Derry had pulled out a gun and shot him straight in the back of his cheating skull, it was still our free kick.

3 - Lee Mason was the referee. He was also chairman of the Bolton referee's association. He was also a Bolton Wanderers season ticket holder. His brother also played for Bolton Wanderers. He wasn't allowed to referee Bolton matches because it would have been akin to letting me referee QPR matches. And yet he was allowed to referee our game at a point when it was between us and them for the final relegation spot. It was as bent as football gets in this country.

Hands on him indeed. Get in the fcking sea."

Add that to his continuous defense of a certain woman who associates herself with this club and it's hard to like him for me.

If he wants to ban me simply for not liking him as a person that's up to him. But I won't pretend to. I have met him in person a few times and thought him unlikeable, I have already stated on here that I find his articles boring and he's not as funny as he thinks and I wont pretend otherwise. I also think he needs to re-evaluate the importance QPR holds in his life.

However, he runs the most active QPR message board on the web and I want to discuss QPR on occasions. If he wants to ban me for not liking him that's his prerogative but I won't pretend to hold different opinions just to soothe any ego he has or to 'fit in' here.

Have a good afternoon.

I think you need to re-evaluate your life mate its too short to hold grudges against people because of a post on a QPR forum
Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:37 - Jan 11 with 2396 viewsslmrstid

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:35 - Jan 11 by danehoop

Just added to the fairly short ignore list that I operate. Feel sorry for Clive who has to read and keep track of all this sort of each day.

I hope thats our creepy friend Shadow rather than me Dane, bit harsh if so, I haven't done anything
Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:38 - Jan 11 with 2374 viewsShadow

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:37 - Jan 11 by Rangersw12

I think you need to re-evaluate your life mate its too short to hold grudges against people because of a post on a QPR forum

So dig him at the next game and move on?
Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:50 - Jan 11 with 2329 viewsNorthernr

God, this all just so incredibly weird.
Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:54 - Jan 11 with 2286 viewsgazza1

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:50 - Jan 11 by Northernr

Not as weird as some of your MB members talking £10 million for Dykes!!!!
Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:59 - Jan 11 with 2271 viewsPinnerPaul

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:38 - Jan 11 by Shadow

So dig him at the next game and move on?

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo if you have an 'intense dislike' of someone, just put him on ignore and then you can 'enjoy' the rest of the discussions.

Also why read anything, let alone something by someone you 'dislike', if you find it 'boring' and 'unfunny'?

The ignore button is a wonderful thing.

Same as our friend Stan, if you have 'no interest' in Mr Eze, you're probably not going to get an awful lot of joy out of a thread that starts with the letters E, Z and E, so why bother?
Login to get fewer ads

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 17:02 - Jan 11 with 2245 viewswestberksr

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:54 - Jan 11 by gazza1

Not as weird as some of your MB members talking £10 million for Dykes!!!!

yep, starting price should be £12m based on the number of tattoos he has; prem standard inking
Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 17:03 - Jan 11 with 2232 viewsWestbourneR

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:37 - Jan 11 by Rangersw12

Shadow - to be fair, Northern's post was (a) hilarious and (b) absolutely & completely right.

Your point was the opposite, in every way, it have would pushed anyone's buttons.

And dredging it up after all this time. Dear me.

You just look like a total kno**er now Shadow.

If by 'clique' you mean no one agreeing with your odd grudge about a stupid point you made ages ago then yeah there is a massive f**king clique on here.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 17:18]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 17:06 - Jan 11 with 2212 viewswestberksr

I've a long memory...

This was an opinion I posted on the Derry/Young situation which whilst you may not agree with it was posted politely and without being rude. The context, btw way, was a claim that Ashley Young taking a easy dive was worst than what Man City had done in ruining football and we shouldn't still be celebrating them winning the league that season.

Even if you despise diving - and that equates to not celebrating any dubious penalties in our favour because if you do that is a clear admission that you're a hypocrite - Ashley Young doing what he did can not seriously be compared to what Man City have done.

I honestly find it embarrassing that QPR fans are still happy to celebrate what City 'achieved'."

"Right hang on a minute here dicksplat. I'm smelling a bit of a rat with this steadfast defence of Man Utd. Anybody who's ever seen a football game before who comes up with any remote defence of that Ashley Young penalty needs to have a long hard look in a very big mirror.

1 - It's not a fcking penalty. Watch the replay and don't give me all this hands on him bollox. It's not a penalty. Even if you're not a QPR fan and your heart strings aren't tugged by the idea of a modern day club legend getting sent off on the day he captained the club at Old Trafford, and how proud that made the family of a journeyman footballer, it's still not a fcking penalty. I've never met a single person, QPR or otherwise, or heard a pundit suggest anything other than this was a dive and a dreadful refereeing decision. Even my died in the wool Man Utd mate laughs and admits it was a joke decision. Hands on him my arse.

2 - He's two fcking yards offside anyway. Even if Derry had pulled out a gun and shot him straight in the back of his cheating skull, it was still our free kick.

3 - Lee Mason was the referee. He was also chairman of the Bolton referee's association. He was also a Bolton Wanderers season ticket holder. His brother also played for Bolton Wanderers. He wasn't allowed to referee Bolton matches because it would have been akin to letting me referee QPR matches. And yet he was allowed to referee our game at a point when it was between us and them for the final relegation spot. It was as bent as football gets in this country.

Add that to his continuous defense of a certain woman who associates herself with this club and it's hard to like him for me.

If he wants to ban me simply for not liking him as a person that's up to him. But I won't pretend to. I have met him in person a few times and thought him unlikeable, I have already stated on here that I find his articles boring and he's not as funny as he thinks and I wont pretend otherwise. I also think he needs to re-evaluate the importance QPR holds in his life.

However, he runs the most active QPR message board on the web and I want to discuss QPR on occasions. If he wants to ban me for not liking him that's his prerogative but I won't pretend to hold different opinions just to soothe any ego he has or to 'fit in' here.

Have a good afternoon.

I wont get into the Derry/Young issue as I'm sure my response will draw accusations of cliqueing.

I just think the deliberately abusive and unnecessary slagging off of Northern (or anyone else for that matter) is excessive and out of keeping with this particular forum.

Just makes you look very petty and unpleasant in the context of this thread and forum overall to keep having digs that have no relevance to the actual discussion taking place.

As for your not liking him, i have no issue with that; each to their own. Maybe start a separate thread titled "Reasons I Hate NorthernR" so that the rest of us can discuss things that relate to other threads without them being littered with this stuff....

or, as suggested; use the ignore button

.... So Eze; any further thoughts?

have a lovely evening
Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 17:16 - Jan 11 with 2162 viewsPhildo

I've a long memory...

Have a good afternoon.

He may be too polite to ban you but to me this is his house and you should either let your long held grudge go or post somewhere else - and I don't know him at all

and it wasn't a penalty
Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 18:13 - Jan 11 with 2035 viewsJimmyR

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 11:15 - Jan 11 by superstan

We all have our own opinions, to me following an ex player who was only here for 3 years, got lambasted for being a luxury/lazy player many times shows how far we have fallen having a thread on him playing for the mighty CRYSTAL PALACE, as said my opinion, for other references that have been raised ie Stan Bowles was a QPR legend absolutely no comparison and FYI my first game was 1966 at Loftus Road and luckily seen the best teams we’ve had when we could proudly say our team 1975/76 was full of international/ex international players and we were London’s top team for a good few years, so yes I do despair that if we do bring a player through the Academy ie Sterling or improve a player then we have to sell on, it’s not just Eze I’m not bothered about I don’t care what Sterling does/has done likewise Taarabt loved him whilst here but what he does now does not interest me, I will totally support players that play for us but once gone they’re gone.

Chill out Stan.

Threads on here are not an accurate barometer for how far QPR have fallen or indeed risen.

However selling Eze for 20 mil or whatever and investing in our current crop definitely is a good indication of how far we are rising. (hence my interest in this thread) Of course, measuring a rise or fall really depends on where you start. So massive congratulations on being much older than me.

I sincerely hope that you are not shadow in disguise & that you can find the strength deep down inside yourself not to jump into conversations others are having that do not interest you. All the best and I hope you are still watching QPR in 20 years ol boy x
Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 18:23 - Jan 11 with 1992 viewsJimmyR

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:50 - Jan 11 by Northernr

Unbelievably weird.

Thanks very much for the match reports, i really really enjoy reading them. I'm very sorry for any part i've played in this getting this far. It started off a bit like one foot in the grave, but its now gone the full Carl Sagan holographic universe.

Shadow - I'm not in any clique, i don't know a single soul on this message board. This is about my 6th post in the last 5/6 years and after the worryingly sinister tone this thread has taken it will be another few years before anymore. If you are going to stick your opinions out there - don't be surprised/upset if people disagree with them. If you can't handle that then keep em to yourself
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 18:24]
Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 18:36 - Jan 11 with 1950 viewssuperstan

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 18:13 - Jan 11 by JimmyR

Chill out Stan.

Threads on here are not an accurate barometer for how far QPR have fallen or indeed risen.

However selling Eze for 20 mil or whatever and investing in our current crop definitely is a good indication of how far we are rising. (hence my interest in this thread) Of course, measuring a rise or fall really depends on where you start. So massive congratulations on being much older than me.

I sincerely hope that you are not shadow in disguise & that you can find the strength deep down inside yourself not to jump into conversations others are having that do not interest you. All the best and I hope you are still watching QPR in 20 years ol boy x

I’m always chilled, maybe I should have been clearer on my first response, because I’ve been around when we matched most teams and now see that an ex player playing for the fcucking Palace is seen some sort of achievement it does show our demise, obviously mainly market forces that have changed things.
This is a forum though and don’t understand why posters say if I don’t like the thread don’t respond, I am allowed my point of view.
I think Shadow and I would get on well.
Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 18:49 - Jan 11 with 1908 viewsJimmyR

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 18:36 - Jan 11 by superstan

I’m always chilled, maybe I should have been clearer on my first response, because I’ve been around when we matched most teams and now see that an ex player playing for the fcucking Palace is seen some sort of achievement it does show our demise, obviously mainly market forces that have changed things.
This is a forum though and don’t understand why posters say if I don’t like the thread don’t respond, I am allowed my point of view.

Stan,

No one is trying to deny you, your point of view. But if your point of view is: 'I don't like yours' or i find what your saying annoying or illustrative of a demise of something i do like then don't be surprised if you get told to F off

As no one was talking to you specifically - Running in and shouting i don't like this, this is bullsh!t you should all talk about something else. Is actually denying or attempting to deny others from sharing their point of view. No?

As already stated, i don't post on here much and this interaction will make me think twice before doing so again.

You and shadow are free to start your own message board/group if you like.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 18:50]
Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 22:12 - Jan 11 with 1711 viewsnix

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 18:49 - Jan 11 by JimmyR

Stan,

No one is trying to deny you, your point of view. But if your point of view is: 'I don't like yours' or i find what your saying annoying or illustrative of a demise of something i do like then don't be surprised if you get told to F off

As no one was talking to you specifically - Running in and shouting i don't like this, this is bullsh!t you should all talk about something else. Is actually denying or attempting to deny others from sharing their point of view. No?

As already stated, i don't post on here much and this interaction will make me think twice before doing so again.

You and shadow are free to start your own message board/group if you like.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 18:50]

Jimmy please don't let this spat put you off posting. It's certainly taken a weird turn and some nasty personal attacks that aren't necessary in my view.

However, I have learnt from past experience that it's best to put people on ignore who are just looking for an argument. You can usually tell them as they a) never post about actual football, their thoughts on the game etc and rarely ever anything positive or b) they do post about football but never agree to disagree and just keep at it interminably in thread after thread.

It would be a real shame if this thread deterred you from writing on here in future.
Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 22:17 - Jan 11 with 1699 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree with Nix, Jimmy.

Use the ignore button wisely and you'll get great kicks out of this message board.

And ignore the talk of cliques, it's just nonsense. There are posters here from every part of the planet and with views just as diverse as their geography, and I find the vast majority to be polite and funny.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 09:45 - Jan 12 with 1503 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 13:49 - Jan 11 by Northernr

Not the creepiest thing I've had but not far off.
Would happily shout you a drink mate.

Careful with the drinks offers Clive. You’ll have people coming up to you all day now claiming to be Westbourne.

“I’m WestbourneR! Nice to meet you at last…. About that beer…”

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 09:50 - Jan 12 with 1486 viewsNorthernr

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 09:45 - Jan 12 by CliveWilsonSaid

Careful with the drinks offers Clive. You’ll have people coming up to you all day now claiming to be Westbourne.

“I’m WestbourneR! Nice to meet you at last…. About that beer…”

Well I've already got weirds following me around the toilets, how much worse can it get?
Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 10:11 - Jan 12 with 1427 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 09:50 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Well I've already got weirds following me around the toilets, how much worse can it get?

I did tell Dorse he should stop doing that

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 13:48 - Jan 12 with 1272 viewsMatch82

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 18:36 - Jan 11 by superstan

I'd add that a thread about Eze is most likely to be read by people who are interested in hearing about Eze. So it's perhaps not surprising that you are a bit on an island in this particular thread with your view that you don't want to hear about Eze.
Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 14:03 - Jan 12 with 1237 viewsDWQPR

Hadn't been keeping tabs on this thread really, so whilst I was having my lunchtime soup in the office, I clicked on it as it had gone to the top of the pile, last page first and f uck me in the typing style of Konk, at least I now know the origins of Esox's thread (sorry Mike, I thought you had finally cracked ). Christ some people have too much time on their hands.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:09 - Jan 12 with 1134 viewsJimmyR

Nix & Brain thanks, I won’t let it put me off posting. And Brian thanks for your match commentary — It’s always good when I can’t see the game.

Stan/shadow — Possibly this is a generational thing? Aside from the semantics of legend/good player/youth team/scouted, for which I don’t care and you don’t think we should be discussing anyway…

Maybe you should try and think of this as a conversation between other people, that you don’t know that you have overheard in a pub. Would you saunter over and say I don’t know why you are talking about Eze? Stop it. I’m not interested in your conversation. Don’t say that. What response would you expect?

It’s a real paradox — You are both strongly asserting your right to have your opinions heard/validated/listened too. While at the same trying to stop others from enjoying the same treatment. You are free to do whatever you want, but at the point that your freedoms start impacting on other people’s freedoms then it would be rational to look closely at what you are saying/doing
Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:53 - Jan 12 with 1080 viewssuperstan

Eze to start for Palace at the Den on 16:09 - Jan 12 by JimmyR

Nix & Brain thanks, I won’t let it put me off posting. And Brian thanks for your match commentary — It’s always good when I can’t see the game.

Stan/shadow — Possibly this is a generational thing? Aside from the semantics of legend/good player/youth team/scouted, for which I don’t care and you don’t think we should be discussing anyway…

Maybe you should try and think of this as a conversation between other people, that you don’t know that you have overheard in a pub. Would you saunter over and say I don’t know why you are talking about Eze? Stop it. I’m not interested in your conversation. Don’t say that. What response would you expect?

It’s a real paradox — You are both strongly asserting your right to have your opinions heard/validated/listened too. While at the same trying to stop others from enjoying the same treatment. You are free to do whatever you want, but at the point that your freedoms start impacting on other people’s freedoms then it would be rational to look closely at what you are saying/doing

I believe you’re over analysing this and just trying to get one upmanship by keeping posting, I had left it alone but see you want to marginalise myself and Shadow, I stated my view which seems the majority have a differing opinion, I never strongly asserted my opinion just responded to other posters, as for talking about freedoms, give me strength!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024