Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 11:44 - Jul 20 with 14459 viewsNotLoyal

The friendly being treated as a friendly, but as a none friendly for getting ready for those away trips this season. So it is a friendly in a way but more of a travelling in a bus friendly before Rotherham which isn’t a friendly.

Streaming link, £6

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/charlton-athletic-v-swansea-city-streaming-and-

Tickets can be purchased by card only on the day. They range from £10 downwards.

Did you know ? Charlton Athletic
Charlton is recorded in the 1086 Domesday Book as Cerletone. It is formed from Old English 'ceorl' and 'tūn' and means 'farmstead of the freemen or peasants'. It is a common English placename and the parish was also known as Charlton next Woolwich to distinguish it from Charlton by Dover. During the 19th century the riverside portion of the area became known as New Charlton.

They didn’t know ? Charlton Athletic
When Charlton was in Scotland it was famous for its restaurant ‘Bobby’s’ The kitchen used to serve real life sized marzipan and all the cutlery was made from cheese. When ‘Jackies’ opened up next door there was a fight between the two restaurants which ended up with Jackie moving to the Republic of Ireland and Bobby to Manchester where he is kept alive by being strapped to a horse each morning and gently analysed by a man called Alan.

Where to meet up ?
The Angerstein Hotel, Telephone: 0208 293 5695
The Angerstein Hotel has a large, comfortable bar with four TV screens showing all live matches of the day. We have a 21 room hotel above, at a reasonable price. Located between historical Greenwich and Charlton, we are a 10 minute walk from Charlton Athletic’s The Valley. Away pub recommended by the police.

Swans Team News
Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Harry Darling; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Matty Sorinola; Joel Piroe, Jamie Paterson, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Olivier Ntcham, Liam Cullen, Ollie Cooper, Lincoln Mcfayden, Cameron Congreve.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58041/swansea-city-clinc

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:18 - Jul 20 with 5421 viewsGwyn737

I'll be popping along to this one.

I'll have the boy in tow so no pubs for me.
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:58 - Jul 20 with 5280 viewsNotLoyal

Streaming details added in the OP.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:14 - Jul 20 with 5156 viewsSTID2017

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:58 - Jul 20 by NotLoyal

Streaming details added in the OP.

I wonder if it is being shown for our foreign supporters?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:42 - Jul 20 with 5113 viewsAndyCole

Massive test for RM after the flat showings to date. A few notables here were underwhelmed by the Plymouth no-show, therefore a decent barometer indeed of Martin's frailties.

Mid-table League 1 oppo after a full preseason: no excuses, RM.

Has to be a +2 goal victory, played with pace, zip and proper endeavour, with all previous schoolboy vulnerabilities ironed out.

Stop with the overplaying it in the congested middle RM brand v1.0, get it wide., get it fwd quick, drive at the oppo and leverage the EPL talents we have up top (for now).

Rusty needs to put on a proper show, a show of winning effectively and efficiently - not a brand Martin v1.0 PR show fest, for a change.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:48 - Jul 20 with 5146 viewsSTID2017

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:42 - Jul 20 by AndyCole

Massive test for RM after the flat showings to date. A few notables here were underwhelmed by the Plymouth no-show, therefore a decent barometer indeed of Martin's frailties.

Has to be a +2 goal victory, played with pace, zip and proper endeavour, with all previous schoolboy vulnerabilities ironed out.

Stop with the overplaying it in the congested middle RM brand v1.0, get it wide., get it fwd quick, drive at the oppo and leverage the EPL talents we have up top (for now).

Rusty needs to put on a proper show, a show of winning effectively and efficiently - not a brand Martin v1.0 PR show fest, for a change.

What a load of nonsense from you again.
No surprise there.
It is a pre season friendly
As in the other pre season games, there will no doubt be lots of changes and win, lose or draw, only the most ardent anti-Martin poster would use it as a stick to beat him with.
Which no doubt you will

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 00:28 - Jul 21 with 5131 viewsTreforys_Jack

That was the first 45 I ever bought, brought back memories seeing it on here, wonder where it is now.
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 07:07 - Jul 21 with 5074 viewsbuilthjack

Derek Hales. The first man since Jesus to have a beard all his life.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:46 - Jul 21 with 4793 viewsdantheswansman

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:42 - Jul 20 by AndyCole

Pre season games mean absolutely nothing, i could reel off a list as long as my arm of teams who have been miserable in pre season to go on and blitz the "real" games
Why do people put any importance on these games? its ludicrous
Login to get fewer ads

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:59 - Jul 21 with 4719 viewsSTID2017

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:46 - Jul 21 by dantheswansman

Pre season games mean absolutely nothing, i could reel off a list as long as my arm of teams who have been miserable in pre season to go on and blitz the "real" games
Why do people put any importance on these games? its ludicrous

Well put.
If my mind serves me right, did we lose to Neath the season we won the Championship under Roberto ?
These games are no indication of how any team is going to do

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:30 - Jul 22 with 4605 viewsBadlands

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:59 - Jul 21 by STID2017

Well put.
If my mind serves me right, did we lose to Neath the season we won the Championship under Roberto ?
These games are no indication of how any team is going to do

Roberto didn’t win the Championship!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:12 - Jul 22 with 4507 viewsSTID2017

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:30 - Jul 22 by Badlands

Roberto didn’t win the Championship!

Typo - you knew I meant League One Championship ( or whatever it was called ) 🙄

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:19 - Jul 23 with 4256 viewsAndyCole

Matchday and our final pre-season game to fix the issues and fine-tune :

-  the tactics / system - which will it be ? RMv1.0 or RMv2.0
-  dynamic go-fwd
-  zip, pace on the ball and clever movement
- guile and creativity
-  stretching the pitch to avoid over-congestion and stagnation in the stodgy middle
- no silly pockets left in behind when the wide players go missing
- meaningful opportunities created for our EPL-quality frontline

Excited also to see how Darling and Wood are progressing - I know for a fact that Russell is highly impressed with Wood, reckons he knew he was good but not This good. Let's hope our defence is now fixed with 2 proper CHs, and we can work on the midfield and frontline this term.

Lots to look forward to.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:30 - Jul 23 with 4168 viewsKeithHaynes

Ogbeta rumours surface again !

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:53 - Jul 23 with 4134 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:30 - Jul 23 by KeithHaynes

Ogbeta rumours surface again !

Spill the beans then

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:00 - Jul 23 with 4110 viewsKeithHaynes

OP updated..

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:00 - Jul 23 with 4014 viewsKeithHaynes

Teams

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Harry Darling; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Matty Sorinola; Joel Piroe, Jamie Paterson, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Olivier Ntcham, Liam Cullen, Ollie Cooper, Lincoln Mcfayden, Cameron Congreve.

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:02 - Jul 23 with 4002 viewsangryjack

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:00 - Jul 23 by KeithHaynes

Teams

Squad looking thin
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:03 - Jul 23 with 3997 viewsKeithHaynes

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:02 - Jul 23 by angryjack

Squad looking thin

Cabango and Joseph played for the under 21 this morning but we do need a few more in.

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:12 - Jul 23 with 3955 viewsjasper_T

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:03 - Jul 23 by KeithHaynes

Cabango and Joseph played for the under 21 this morning but we do need a few more in.

And B. Cooper, Williams and Garrick. We're only thin if the belief is that those players are no good to us. An excessively strong u21s side with bags of senior experience, but those fringe players needed minutes in their legs if they're to contribute once the season starts.
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:13 - Jul 23 with 3952 viewsKeithHaynes

Joel Latibeaudiere and Sorinola wing backs ?

I would prefer Bidwell and Christie !

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:13 - Jul 23 with 3948 viewsjasper_T

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:13 - Jul 23 by KeithHaynes

It'll be the back four again, surely. Our first string hasn't played wingbacks for the vast majority of preseason.
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:18 - Jul 23 with 3920 viewsKeithHaynes

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:13 - Jul 23 by jasper_T

It'll be the back four again, surely. Our first string hasn't played wingbacks for the vast majority of preseason.

I hope you are right.

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:24 - Jul 23 with 3893 viewsWhiterockin

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:13 - Jul 23 by KeithHaynes

Christie still hasn't got a club although he's linked to Watford.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:31 - Jul 23 with 3857 viewsjojaca

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:24 - Jul 23 by Whiterockin

Christie still hasn't got a club although he's linked to Watford.

Today's squad looks very weak on paper. With that team mid table is the best we can hope for, I still reckon we need 4/5 new signings.

Even when you know, you never know?

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:51 - Jul 23 with 3759 viewsBadlands

Is Swanstv broadcasting the Charlton commentry?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024