Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Charman leaves 12:40 - Oct 14 with 16634 viewsturnthescrew

..on a permanent transfer to AFC Fylde.
Luke Charman leaves on 11:44 - Oct 23 with 3377 viewsD_Alien

Luke Charman leaves on 11:33 - Oct 23 by EllDale

Am I right in thinking that EBJ alluded to Charman’s departure in the post match interview yesterday and said that it had been a board decision?
Was he rueing this in the light of Quigley’s injury?

i was refraining from posting that yesterday (unlike me, i know...)

Charman is clearly fit again, and i expect EBJ would've welcomed the option of having him leading the line to see what he could do

Instead, the line was non-existent

Not blaming the board either though. If we got our money back and with uncertain finances going forward, it would've seemed a sensible move to let him go, since his time at Dale has clearly been tainted by various problems. Would it have been a fresh start under EBJ? I was hoping so, but too late now

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Luke Charman leaves on 12:04 - Oct 23 with 3304 viewsTVOS1907

Luke Charman leaves on 11:33 - Oct 23 by EllDale

Am I right in thinking that EBJ alluded to Charman’s departure in the post match interview yesterday and said that it had been a board decision?
Was he rueing this in the light of Quigley’s injury?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Luke Charman leaves on 12:48 - Oct 23 with 3189 views49thseason

Luke Charman leaves on 11:44 - Oct 23 by D_Alien

i was refraining from posting that yesterday (unlike me, i know...)

Charman is clearly fit again, and i expect EBJ would've welcomed the option of having him leading the line to see what he could do

Instead, the line was non-existent

Not blaming the board either though. If we got our money back and with uncertain finances going forward, it would've seemed a sensible move to let him go, since his time at Dale has clearly been tainted by various problems. Would it have been a fresh start under EBJ? I was hoping so, but too late now

There are many situations that could have driven this decision...Forward planning for January, an urgent requirement for cash, or simply too good an opportunity to say no to.
And probably many more scenarios we could never dream of.
Meanwhile we need someone to play at centre forward for a few weeks assuming we can all agree that Rodney isn't the player to do so. My choice would be one of the 3 centre halves on the bench yesterday if Campbell is not available, probably Nelson as he seems to get his head on most of what he has to and has a decent touch, But then we don't know how bad Graham's shoulder injury is... We do seem to be short of effective forwards and that we keep losing by a single goal points to this lack of firepower. EJB has fixed some of the defensive frailty but only scoring goals and taking points will keep us in the division. We have lost 9 games so far, 7 by a single goal, and have only scored more than 1 goal on 2 occasions out of 14 starts.
Luke Charman leaves on 12:53 - Oct 23 with 3183 views442Dale

Luke Charman leaves on 12:48 - Oct 23 by 49thseason

There are many situations that could have driven this decision...Forward planning for January, an urgent requirement for cash, or simply too good an opportunity to say no to.
And probably many more scenarios we could never dream of.
Meanwhile we need someone to play at centre forward for a few weeks assuming we can all agree that Rodney isn't the player to do so. My choice would be one of the 3 centre halves on the bench yesterday if Campbell is not available, probably Nelson as he seems to get his head on most of what he has to and has a decent touch, But then we don't know how bad Graham's shoulder injury is... We do seem to be short of effective forwards and that we keep losing by a single goal points to this lack of firepower. EJB has fixed some of the defensive frailty but only scoring goals and taking points will keep us in the division. We have lost 9 games so far, 7 by a single goal, and have only scored more than 1 goal on 2 occasions out of 14 starts.

We didn’t even chuck a CH up front late on. Gone are the days when playing them from the start at centre forward is even considered.

The players would immediately wonder what was going on if we did as well. Rodney wasn’t great yesterday, but he’s still a million times more sensible at CF than Jim McNulty! The problem was we continued to play the same was as if Quigley was up there, when we should have looked to stretch them in behind.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Luke Charman leaves on 13:27 - Oct 23 with 3090 viewsrichfoad32

Luke Charman leaves on 12:53 - Oct 23 by 442Dale

We didn’t even chuck a CH up front late on. Gone are the days when playing them from the start at centre forward is even considered.

The players would immediately wonder what was going on if we did as well. Rodney wasn’t great yesterday, but he’s still a million times more sensible at CF than Jim McNulty! The problem was we continued to play the same was as if Quigley was up there, when we should have looked to stretch them in behind.

Do we have a Plan B though, when for the last 2 seasons the only tactic appears to be to larrup it up to Beesley/Campbell/Charman/Rodney/Quigley and let them fight for it? One of the main criticisms of Stockdale was he seemed to tactically inflexible, I thought EBJ was meant to have more nous?

I'm not sure why anybody would think Nelson might make a decent centre forward, short of him being a bit decent in the air, or what Leicester would think of the idea. It reminds me of those posters a few seasons back who kept insisting Calvin would make a cracking centre half just because he got his head on a few crosses when we were under the cosh.
Luke Charman leaves on 09:43 - Oct 24 with 2561 viewsAtThePeake

Luke Charman leaves on 13:27 - Oct 23 by richfoad32

Do we have a Plan B though, when for the last 2 seasons the only tactic appears to be to larrup it up to Beesley/Campbell/Charman/Rodney/Quigley and let them fight for it? One of the main criticisms of Stockdale was he seemed to tactically inflexible, I thought EBJ was meant to have more nous?

I'm not sure why anybody would think Nelson might make a decent centre forward, short of him being a bit decent in the air, or what Leicester would think of the idea. It reminds me of those posters a few seasons back who kept insisting Calvin would make a cracking centre half just because he got his head on a few crosses when we were under the cosh.

Let's not forget, this isn't Bentley's squad. It must be difficult enough to produce an effective Plan A, never mind Plan B, when you've only been able to make the one signing.

Like 442 said, the plan on Saturday without him should have been to stretch their defence and play the ball in behind. The few times we managed that were the few times we looked dangerous in the second half. Tomorrow night I'd go with Hendo through the middle, Rodney out wide and give Odoh a rest - he's been ineffectual again in the last few weeks and the pace of Sinclair/Rodney will give us that option to look in behind, while Hendo will battle for anything that comes through the middle, even if he isn't capable of playing the Quigley role.

Tangled up in blue.

Luke Charman leaves on 11:00 - Oct 24 with 2425 viewsBucketBstard

Very worrying . The lack of forwards now is quite concerning. Rodney has never impressed me , and I dont think he has impressed anywhere he has been. Its not Bentley's fault , its not his team yet. But the game on Saturday was crying out for some change in pace and passing from the 46th minute . yet he waited far too long to put subs on.
I wouldnt put Nelson on an under 5's game nevermind up front. I really cannot see a player of supposed potential in him.
Sinclair looks a bit better . but this team is going down at this rate.
Quigley seemed a good signing. I was looking forward to seeing Campbell and Charman up front together . But that isnt going happen.
This Plan B we all speak about I hope it doesnt involve Diagouraga in any form. He could possibly be the worst football player I have seen. Strolls about about like an extra from the Walking Dead. The worrying point is he played for Bentley at Morecambe so he surely knows how crap he is.
Luke Charman leaves on 11:03 - Oct 24 with 2414 viewsAtThePeake

Luke Charman leaves on 11:00 - Oct 24 by BucketBstard

Very worrying . The lack of forwards now is quite concerning. Rodney has never impressed me , and I dont think he has impressed anywhere he has been. Its not Bentley's fault , its not his team yet. But the game on Saturday was crying out for some change in pace and passing from the 46th minute . yet he waited far too long to put subs on.
I wouldnt put Nelson on an under 5's game nevermind up front. I really cannot see a player of supposed potential in him.
Quigley seemed a good signing. I was looking forward to seeing Campbell and Charman up front together . But that isnt going happen.
This Plan B we all speak about I hope it doesnt involve Diagouraga in any form. He could possibly be the worst football player I have seen. Strolls about about like an extra from the Walking Dead. The worrying point is he played for Bentley at Morecambe so he surely knows how crap he is.

Quite apart from anything else, Diagouraga didn't play for Bentley at Morecambe.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Charman leaves on 11:04 - Oct 24 with 2414 viewsEllDale

I’m pretty certain that Toums didn’t play under Bentley at Morecambe.
Luke Charman leaves on 11:04 - Oct 24 with 2403 viewskel

It’s been pointed out to you before that he didn’t play under Bentley at Morecambe but you seem incapable of reading.

Not to worry, your mate will be on soon to ‘like’ your post under one of his usernames.
Luke Charman leaves on 11:05 - Oct 24 with 2401 viewsTVOS1907

Diagouraga signed for Morecambe after Bentley had gone to AFC Fylde, which has been pointed out to you before.

Luke Charman leaves on 11:08 - Oct 24 with 2385 viewsTVOS1907

Luke Charman leaves on 11:04 - Oct 24 by kel

It’s been pointed out to you before that he didn’t play under Bentley at Morecambe but you seem incapable of reading.

Not to worry, your mate will be on soon to ‘like’ your post under one of his usernames.

Come on kel, you know how it works.

Luke Charman leaves on 11:10 - Oct 24 with 2370 viewskel

Luke Charman leaves on 11:08 - Oct 24 by TVOS1907

Come on kel, you know how it works.

Aye. Him and his mates are proper little bitters though aren’t they? The one who has an obsession with me in particular…
Luke Charman leaves on 14:54 - Oct 24 with 2088 viewsdingdangblue

He didn't put Nelson upfront?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Luke Charman leaves on 14:59 - Oct 24 with 2084 viewsTVOS1907

Luke Charman leaves on 14:54 - Oct 24 by dingdangblue

He didn't put Nelson upfront?

He's referring to someone suggesting it on a different thread.

Luke Charman leaves on 07:40 - Oct 27 with 1414 viewselectricblue

The money from the Charman sale could be used to sign quiggs in january thus freeing up a loan position...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024