Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED 09:05 - Oct 16 with 15231 viewsKeithHaynes

The not Not Loyal match day thread fresh from the beating at Burnley to the battlefields of the Preseli mountains ish.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/5876
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58764/joel-piroe-out-unt

Referee : JAMES BELL
Lino’s : Adam Crysell and Sam Lewis
Fourth Official : Andy Davies

The NL review. James Bell, also known as ding dong to his few friends has been a referee since he was four years of age. His first red card he gave to his next door neighbour at the age of five, his family moved home at that point but didn’t tell him. He was raised in the orphanage for potentially parentless young referees but quickly made his escape to the North Lancashire leagues where his first appointment was with make up manufacturer Avon. He would be lifted up and ring the potential clients doorbell. In school he earned the nickname ‘End’ After qualifying at 14, James Bell primarily officiated games at his secondary school and in the Sheffield & District Junior League. Initially balancing his refereeing and playing commitments, he chose the former and steadily progressed through the system, earning promotion onto the National List of assistant referees at the age of 23.

Bell assisted on both the 2016 FA Youth Cup Final between Manchester City v Chelsea and the 2017 League Two Play-Off Final between Blackpool v Exeter City at Wembley Stadium before choosing the refereeing pathway. He took charge of the National League Play-Off Final between Harrogate Town v Notts County in 2020 before receiving promotion onto the National Group. Bell has since taken charge of semi-finals of each of the EFL Trophy, FA Trophy, FA Sunday Cup, FA Youth Cup and FA County Youth Cup.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Nathan Wood, Harry Darling, Ben Cabango; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Matty Sorinola; Luke Cundle, Ollie Cooper; Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Andy Fisher, Olivier Ntcham, Liam Cullen, Armstrong Oko-Flex, Fin Stevens, Kyle Naughton, Josh Thomas.

Reading: Joe Lumley, Tom Holmes, Tom McIntyre, Jeff Hendrick, Tom Ince, Yakou Meite, Andy Yiadom (captain), Tyrese Fornah, Mamadou Loum, Junior Hoilett, Amadou Mbengue.

Substitutes: Dean Bouzanis, Andy Carroll, Shane Long, Lucas Joao, Baba Rehman, Ovie Ejaria, Nesta Guinness-Walker.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58777/a-fantastic-swanse

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:30 - Oct 18 with 1248 viewsmax936

Lookout, he who shall remain nameless is on the pitch

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:33 - Oct 18 with 1219 views73__73

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:01 - Oct 18 by Dr_Parnassus

…and absolutely correct.

I’m not here to entertain you, sadly. You know where the ignore button is if you don’t like my lessons.

You wanted RM sacked on August 27. You were wrong about that

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:34 - Oct 18 with 1172 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:26 - Oct 18 by pencoedjack

That will disappoint a few posters on this thread.

Why?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:36 - Oct 18 with 1156 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:33 - Oct 18 by 73__73

You wanted RM sacked on August 27. You were wrong about that

No I wasn’t. Anyone who plays that way deserves the sack.

If he was playing that way on August the 27th then I was correct. After today’s first half return to Martinball I’m edging that way again. Rightly so.

Your barista mate can back me up.

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:40 - Oct 18 with 1133 viewsGwyn737

That was a tense passage of play 😮‍💨
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:44 - Oct 18 with 1095 viewsJohnw102

Benda outstanding.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:46 - Oct 18 with 1048 views1983

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:30 - Oct 18 by max936

Lookout, he who shall remain nameless is on the pitch

England reject

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:48 - Oct 18 with 1024 viewstheloneranger

Jay Fulton - hiding in plain sight!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:49 - Oct 18 with 1012 viewsdantheswansman

What a team, they go down 2-0 and have everything to come back and win, not a draw a win, what a brilliant effort, i will admit it i called out Martin but oh boy he proved me wrong, amazing effort that you only get from a strong team and attitude, they are definitely playing for Russell of that there is no doubt , brilliant
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:50 - Oct 18 with 983 viewsmax936

2 nil down, outstanding comeback, whatever ever's gone on before in the game before the comeback can be tucked into bed for now at least, enjoy another victory, cracking little boost for Sunday

Martin's tactic's in changing the game superb

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:51 - Oct 18 with 953 viewsDr_Parnassus

First half stats

79% possession
397 passes
4% long balls

Second half stats

68% possession
303 passes
7% long balls

Not perfect by an measure. As said at half time it is going to take a reduction in possession, pass count and an increase in long balls to win this game.

That’s exactly what happened.

A good result but my confidence has taken a bit of a battering with him today knowing that first half style is still there in the back of his mind. Yes he changed it at half time and added pace which was also a good move - but continuing to praise him for correcting obvious mistakes that shouldn’t be made is wearing a little thin.

On to the next but please let’s not handicap ourselves again by coming out of the blocks like this.

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:51 - Oct 18 with 964 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:48 - Oct 18 by theloneranger

And Maertin told him he had no future here

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:51 - Oct 18 with 960 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:48 - Oct 18 by theloneranger

Trailing 2-0 then come back to win and some are still not happy , learning curve for a few tonight both in playing and management a great result going into Sunday's game

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:52 - Oct 18 with 958 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:50 - Oct 18 by max936

2 nil down, outstanding comeback, whatever ever's gone on before in the game before the comeback can be tucked into bed for now at least, enjoy another victory, cracking little boost for Sunday

Aye great play and management to make it 6 wins in 8 games.
P & P won’t be happy.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:53 - Oct 18 with 942 viewsvetchonian

much better second half....great comeback well done Jay....Oli showed again...cant understand why he was dropped for Burnley game we look a different team when he plays

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:53 - Oct 18 with 930 views73__73

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:36 - Oct 18 by Dr_Parnassus

No I wasn’t. Anyone who plays that way deserves the sack.

If he was playing that way on August the 27th then I was correct. After today’s first half return to Martinball I’m edging that way again. Rightly so.

Your barista mate can back me up.

A football match isn’t 45 minutes. If you don’t believe me ask Piroes father 😂
I’m loving seeing you backtrack........😎

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:53 - Oct 18 with 909 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:50 - Oct 18 by max936

Well his tactics were to change it to how it should have been at the start.

This side can do great things in this league. Take a look back at the first half comments and see what we revert to under that style. People taking about winning more corners than the opposition and trying to talk us up as a mid table side.

We are promotion challengers and we need to do ourselves justice by setting up the way we know works from the start. No more correcting and changing mid way through to go on a rescue mission.

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:55 - Oct 18 with 905 viewsdantheswansman

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:51 - Oct 18 by Boundy

Trailing 2-0 then come back to win and some are still not happy , learning curve for a few tonight both in playing and management a great result going into Sunday's game

Top post, I will admit i hated on Martin late on but everything i said he did wrong he corrected, can easily see my previous posts, he changed all that and is killing it, I don't usually try to jinx a team but this Swansea side is going up, just watch and see
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:56 - Oct 18 with 898 views73__73

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:53 - Oct 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Well his tactics were to change it to how it should have been at the start.

This side can do great things in this league. Take a look back at the first half comments and see what we revert to under that style. People taking about winning more corners than the opposition and trying to talk us up as a mid table side.

We are promotion challengers and we need to do ourselves justice by setting up the way we know works from the start. No more correcting and changing mid way through to go on a rescue mission.

You wanted the manager sacked on August 27......don’t forget that.

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:58 - Oct 18 with 881 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:53 - Oct 18 by vetchonian

much better second half....great comeback well done Jay....Oli showed again...cant understand why he was dropped for Burnley game we look a different team when he plays

Cooper has energy and passion that ntcham hasn't, even though he hasnt got ntchams skill he should be in the starting 11 every game.
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:00 - Oct 18 with 853 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:51 - Oct 18 by vetchonian

And Maertin told him he had no future here

Vetchy have you ever made a mistake, mistakes even? I have and far to many at that, tonight was superb, a tense one though, 3 more exhausting points in the bag.

Enjoy the moment.

We done to Martin he's learning all the time, you can see it in the players by the way they respond to him as well, Great Stuff.

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:01 - Oct 18 with 843 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:58 - Oct 18 by Fireboy2

Cooper has energy and passion that ntcham hasn't, even though he hasnt got ntchams skill he should be in the starting 11 every game.

two goals in the last 2 games he has started too

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:01 - Oct 18 with 835 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:56 - Oct 18 by 73__73

You wanted the manager sacked on August 27......don’t forget that.

Why would I forget it? Stand by every word my little troll.

Remember you said your wife was a barrister? Stand by that?

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:02 - Oct 18 with 834 viewsbuilthjack

A honest ref and it could have been 6~1

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:05 - Oct 18 with 792 views73__73

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:01 - Oct 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Why would I forget it? Stand by every word my little troll.

Remember you said your wife was a barrister? Stand by that?

Absolutely stand by everything I say, including you were wrong on August 27 and are wrong now 😂
You were also wrong regarding the globe pub alleged incident 😂

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024