Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED 09:05 - Oct 16 with 15257 viewsKeithHaynes

The not Not Loyal match day thread fresh from the beating at Burnley to the battlefields of the Preseli mountains ish.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/5876
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58764/joel-piroe-out-unt

Referee : JAMES BELL
Lino’s : Adam Crysell and Sam Lewis
Fourth Official : Andy Davies

The NL review. James Bell, also known as ding dong to his few friends has been a referee since he was four years of age. His first red card he gave to his next door neighbour at the age of five, his family moved home at that point but didn’t tell him. He was raised in the orphanage for potentially parentless young referees but quickly made his escape to the North Lancashire leagues where his first appointment was with make up manufacturer Avon. He would be lifted up and ring the potential clients doorbell. In school he earned the nickname ‘End’ After qualifying at 14, James Bell primarily officiated games at his secondary school and in the Sheffield & District Junior League. Initially balancing his refereeing and playing commitments, he chose the former and steadily progressed through the system, earning promotion onto the National List of assistant referees at the age of 23.

Bell assisted on both the 2016 FA Youth Cup Final between Manchester City v Chelsea and the 2017 League Two Play-Off Final between Blackpool v Exeter City at Wembley Stadium before choosing the refereeing pathway. He took charge of the National League Play-Off Final between Harrogate Town v Notts County in 2020 before receiving promotion onto the National Group. Bell has since taken charge of semi-finals of each of the EFL Trophy, FA Trophy, FA Sunday Cup, FA Youth Cup and FA County Youth Cup.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Nathan Wood, Harry Darling, Ben Cabango; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Matty Sorinola; Luke Cundle, Ollie Cooper; Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Andy Fisher, Olivier Ntcham, Liam Cullen, Armstrong Oko-Flex, Fin Stevens, Kyle Naughton, Josh Thomas.

Reading: Joe Lumley, Tom Holmes, Tom McIntyre, Jeff Hendrick, Tom Ince, Yakou Meite, Andy Yiadom (captain), Tyrese Fornah, Mamadou Loum, Junior Hoilett, Amadou Mbengue.

Substitutes: Dean Bouzanis, Andy Carroll, Shane Long, Lucas Joao, Baba Rehman, Ovie Ejaria, Nesta Guinness-Walker.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58777/a-fantastic-swanse

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 08:23 - Oct 19 with 773 viewsSirjohnalot

Stuart James on twitter

Final tweet on last night's superb comeback.

Benda 24, Wood 20, Darling 23, Cabango 22, Latibeaudiere 22, Grimes 27, Fulton 28, Sorinola 21, Cooper 22, Cundle 20, Obafemi 22.

Average age of the starting XI 22yrs 10mths.

Makes the way they turned it around even more impressive.
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 08:40 - Oct 19 with 741 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58777/a-fantastic-swanse

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 09:00 - Oct 19 with 691 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 07:58 - Oct 19 by Whiterockin

Agreed, as I said we were 2-0 down due to bad refereeing decisions including penalties.

What some fail to appreciate is the match lasts 90 minutes plus. A manager sets his team up to start a match and has a game plan. This changes depending on how the opposition respond, score, you can also add in injuries and players on or off form. Statistics like possession can change depending on the way the opposition play and the score. A good manager and Martin is becoming this are proactive during a game and changes tact, often several times during a match. This was not the case against a very good Burnley side, probably the best in the division and criticism was due. Last night the game management by RM was first class and praise should be given. 6 wins out of 8 does not happen by chance, but by a team who are playing for the manager and understand fully what he expects. The talk in the past of the players having no faith in Martin and wanting him out were clearly shown last night as complete rubbish.

Totally agree.
As one who had doubts a few short weeks ago (and I was angry on Saturday) , RM deserves the plaudits

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 09:07 - Oct 19 with 678 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 07:58 - Oct 19 by Whiterockin

Agreed, as I said we were 2-0 down due to bad refereeing decisions including penalties.

What some fail to appreciate is the match lasts 90 minutes plus. A manager sets his team up to start a match and has a game plan. This changes depending on how the opposition respond, score, you can also add in injuries and players on or off form. Statistics like possession can change depending on the way the opposition play and the score. A good manager and Martin is becoming this are proactive during a game and changes tact, often several times during a match. This was not the case against a very good Burnley side, probably the best in the division and criticism was due. Last night the game management by RM was first class and praise should be given. 6 wins out of 8 does not happen by chance, but by a team who are playing for the manager and understand fully what he expects. The talk in the past of the players having no faith in Martin and wanting him out were clearly shown last night as complete rubbish.

Excellent summing up, but it won't convince a few

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 09:14 - Oct 19 with 665 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 09:07 - Oct 19 by raynor94

Maybe the players mindsets have changed as they are now winning and picking up win bonuses following the change in playing philosphy and style.

There was good game management last niggth but questions need to be asked as to why we persist with the wingbacks which do not work due to the personnel we have Lati is no wing back

Cabango looked more assured especially second half when playing on his natural right side
Great to win following being 2 down...Darling gets lots of plaudits but he still waits for the bounce...the second goal should never have happened ..not convinced about him as yet...

We are all entitled to an opinion....Martin still has a way to go but he does seem to be inching in the right direction..

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 09:46 - Oct 19 with 626 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 09:07 - Oct 19 by raynor94

Nobody should need convincing of anything, the data is clear.

Who accepts that factual data however depends on the agenda of the individual.

Why people are unable to be honest and state it was a good win but shouldn’t set up like that again, I’m not sure.

Or maybe I am..

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 09:48 - Oct 19 with 627 viewsonehunglow

It lasts longer than 90 and it’s at these times,we ve binned games by la+k of concentration.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 09:57 - Oct 19 with 598 viewsSTID2017

Maybe some should worry less about data and more about the overall performance?
Excellent win after shipping two goals.
We would have lost that in the past.
Credit to RM and the players

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 09:58 - Oct 19 with 595 viewsploppy

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 09:46 - Oct 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Nobody should need convincing of anything, the data is clear.

Who accepts that factual data however depends on the agenda of the individual.

Why people are unable to be honest and state it was a good win but shouldn’t set up like that again, I’m not sure.

Or maybe I am..

Why shouldn't we set up like that again? We were good value first half. Their keeper made good saves. The goals we conceded were defensive errors (Lati) and, arguably, a foul on Darling. The stats are misleading. Reading were not interested in playing until they went behind - nothing to do with us deliberately surrendering possession.
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 09:59 - Oct 19 with 593 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 09:58 - Oct 19 by ploppy

Why shouldn't we set up like that again? We were good value first half. Their keeper made good saves. The goals we conceded were defensive errors (Lati) and, arguably, a foul on Darling. The stats are misleading. Reading were not interested in playing until they went behind - nothing to do with us deliberately surrendering possession.

Excellent retort

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:01 - Oct 19 with 591 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 09:58 - Oct 19 by ploppy

Stats eh.
I’ve seen them show us having 75% possession and losing a game.
Stats eh.

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:04 - Oct 19 with 587 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:01 - Oct 19 by onehunglow

Stats eh.
I’ve seen them show us having 75% possession and losing a game.
Stats eh.

Stats tell only a small part.
Reading had no interest in playing last night.
The amount of time they wasted was criminal.
Came back to bite them when we did the same at the end

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:06 - Oct 19 with 584 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:04 - Oct 19 by STID2017

It’s very difficult to reduce your possession when the opposition don’t want the ball.
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:09 - Oct 19 with 578 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:04 - Oct 19 by STID2017

I @ree with you.
Really.
See…

Third person referees or not

I really do have o5her things to do and Eddie is not centre of my world

I miss him though

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:09 - Oct 19 with 578 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:06 - Oct 19 by jack247

It’s very difficult to reduce your possession when the opposition don’t want the ball.

Exactly.
Yet some continue to see it as "Martinball' ?
As he is manager aren't all variants "Martinball" though ?

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:09 - Oct 19 with 577 viewsonehunglow

It was @ welcome win so why don’t we leave it at that

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:15 - Oct 19 with 572 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:09 - Oct 19 by onehunglow

It was @ welcome win so why don’t we leave it at that

Very welcome and keeps us in contention

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:16 - Oct 19 with 572 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:09 - Oct 19 by STID2017

Exactly.
Yet some continue to see it as "Martinball' ?
As he is manager aren't all variants "Martinball" though ?

We will have more games like that, particularly if we keep winning and teams come here for a point. Obviously if we go ahead and teams have to open up a bit, we’ll get opportunities to play longer balls and transition from defence to attack quicker.
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:34 - Oct 19 with 560 viewsvetchonian

Things are becoming more and more polarised...Threads like this posted after a win are bound to raise controversy given the headline....Martin has had and still does many doubters but after every win there are launched "attacks" on his critics.

We are all entitled to our opinions we will not all agree..you see this at the match those sitting around often see the game a different way will have differing views on a player, how tha game is going and so it is on here.BUT it seems recently there is an agenda to be always calling out anyone who has dared to criticise Martin....

I have been one of those, I have given him some credit for last nights comeback we are definitely moving in the right direction...There is still a fear we may see the reversion to last years way of playing....funny last night Fulton was playing as Downes did mainly as a centre back.....in fact the Sky commentator called him one...I was nt there it is always difficult for me to make the evening kick offs ..

Why cant everyone accept everyone is entitled to their point of view some will always go OTT and often its due to their passion but when those that do use data to back argument rather than emotion yes it can become stiff but then numbers and facts often are.

Surely what we all want is a winning successful side it seems though there is too much of "i told you so" going on from both sides...lets enjoy the ride as long as it lasts but lets not pretend Martin has morphed in to Pep but that he is now starting to learn and becoming less stubborn

This was meant for another thread will post there
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 10:36]

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:44 - Oct 19 with 553 viewslifelong

I enjoyed the game last night, we are playing some excellent football.
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:52 - Oct 19 with 541 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:44 - Oct 19 by lifelong

I enjoyed the game last night, we are playing some excellent football.

that we are, mind you we did break into some walking football again last night but generally we are pleasing on the eye and are getting results.

The first half was frustrating given we were battering them and we gifted two goals.due to to defensive errors but we made up for that second half....Still dont understand why Oli Cooper was omitted from Saturdays starting line up he gives us so much energy and he pops up with another goal.

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:56 - Oct 19 with 538 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:34 - Oct 19 by vetchonian

Things are becoming more and more polarised...Threads like this posted after a win are bound to raise controversy given the headline....Martin has had and still does many doubters but after every win there are launched "attacks" on his critics.

We are all entitled to our opinions we will not all agree..you see this at the match those sitting around often see the game a different way will have differing views on a player, how tha game is going and so it is on here.BUT it seems recently there is an agenda to be always calling out anyone who has dared to criticise Martin....

I have been one of those, I have given him some credit for last nights comeback we are definitely moving in the right direction...There is still a fear we may see the reversion to last years way of playing....funny last night Fulton was playing as Downes did mainly as a centre back.....in fact the Sky commentator called him one...I was nt there it is always difficult for me to make the evening kick offs ..

Why cant everyone accept everyone is entitled to their point of view some will always go OTT and often its due to their passion but when those that do use data to back argument rather than emotion yes it can become stiff but then numbers and facts often are.

Surely what we all want is a winning successful side it seems though there is too much of "i told you so" going on from both sides...lets enjoy the ride as long as it lasts but lets not pretend Martin has morphed in to Pep but that he is now starting to learn and becoming less stubborn

This was meant for another thread will post there
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 10:36]

There is a thread,now locked, stating quite clearly the terms and conditions of postings.
For some,these are irrelevant

It is the same people and it always has been.
Clearly,nobody straying away from the party line is tolerated and is bullied .

We won. Guaranteed to see the usual tripe at the usual recipients

This is football we are opining over so get some reality into your lives and hammer those who deserve it.

Have a fab day

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:56 - Oct 19 with 537 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:52 - Oct 19 by vetchonian

that we are, mind you we did break into some walking football again last night but generally we are pleasing on the eye and are getting results.

The first half was frustrating given we were battering them and we gifted two goals.due to to defensive errors but we made up for that second half....Still dont understand why Oli Cooper was omitted from Saturdays starting line up he gives us so much energy and he pops up with another goal.

3 games in a week perhaps, and the games are coming thick and fast now, prioritising games and imagine he's first on the team sheet Sunday

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:59 - Oct 19 with 533 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 09:14 - Oct 19 by vetchonian

Maybe the players mindsets have changed as they are now winning and picking up win bonuses following the change in playing philosphy and style.

There was good game management last niggth but questions need to be asked as to why we persist with the wingbacks which do not work due to the personnel we have Lati is no wing back

Cabango looked more assured especially second half when playing on his natural right side
Great to win following being 2 down...Darling gets lots of plaudits but he still waits for the bounce...the second goal should never have happened ..not convinced about him as yet...

We are all entitled to an opinion....Martin still has a way to go but he does seem to be inching in the right direction..

Second paragraph is what I was alluding to in my why do we play this way thread .
A fair topic,or it should be anyway.

Cabango has had pelters but he s a good sort albeit messed around ,IMO.

Fulton was key last night yet ostracised by Martin after just a few weeks. Why ?

He is just the sort of midfield dog we need and should have been offered a new deal as Naughton was.

Debate. Aye

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 11:00 - Oct 19 with 533 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 10:56 - Oct 19 by raynor94

3 games in a week perhaps, and the games are coming thick and fast now, prioritising games and imagine he's first on the team sheet Sunday

yet others are picked game in game out....Grimes, an example....surely a youngster like Cooper will have the legs?

I have never got my head around this...like I have said previously back in the day only one sub, playing on heavy pitches even at the top table when you watch the the match revisited yet the same players unless out of form or injured were picked week in week out and there would be 3 games in a week then too

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024