Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England in Pakistan 10:21 - Dec 1 with 4883 viewsCountyJim

Absolutely demolishing the Pakistani bowlers great start
England in Pakistan on 22:41 - Dec 12 with 982 viewstrampie

England in Pakistan on 19:53 - Dec 12 by Sirjohnalot

Please don’t patronise me. The same was said in the late 90s with Glamorgan. Even if what you say was true, we’re talking many decades ago, the English selectors may well have had their favourite counties then but the present Test set up is entirely different. This is a side which represents any Welsh and English cricket fan, to say a Welsh village side could’ve won, was, I presume, tongue in cheek

Are you aware of how strong South Wales village cricket was over the years ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

England in Pakistan on 08:21 - Dec 13 with 924 viewsSirjohnalot

England in Pakistan on 22:41 - Dec 12 by trampie

Are you aware of how strong South Wales village cricket was over the years ?

Yes I am well aware as I played both in the league for years. A club side is not going to beat Pakistan away.
England in Pakistan on 08:29 - Dec 13 with 912 viewsWhiterockin

England in Pakistan on 08:21 - Dec 13 by Sirjohnalot

Yes I am well aware as I played both in the league for years. A club side is not going to beat Pakistan away.

Don't take any notice mate. When someone is consumed by hatred all common sense and logic goes out the window.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

England in Pakistan on 09:26 - Dec 13 with 880 viewstrampie

England in Pakistan on 08:21 - Dec 13 by Sirjohnalot

No doubt they never did play them away, Pontyberem played Pakistan at home I was recently informed.

You never played at Lords then when you played league cricket down here, because Welsh villages often played at Lords, I think they won the competition 4 times on the trot, I think a team from just outside Swansea won the national comp in the early years, a village from just outside Cardiff won it multiple times, I think they held the record amount of wins at one time, a village from just outside Neath went to Lords twice and not necessarily the same team of players as in my minds eye it was several years apart.
Lots of Glamorgan players played local cricket before playing for Glamorgan back in the day.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2022 9:58]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

England in Pakistan on 09:38 - Dec 13 with 861 viewstrampie

Glamorgan have beaten Pakistan, i wouldnt be surprised if they have done it on more than one occasion, I wouldn't be surprised if they have a winning record against the Pakistan national team, can't be arsed to check, just suffice to say Glammy has beaten Pakistan just like every other test nation as was when full tours were the norm.

Glamorgan have beaten the Aussies on multiple occasions, in fact I think Glammy beat Australia in back to back tours, Glamorgan used to treat games against test teams as a Wales test match and often, possibly more often than not Glammy would come out on top.

Pakistan and the other test teams are not all that and to think that Glamorgan used to regularly beat test teams, that Glamorgan have won the county championship on a few occasions all back in the day yet England wouldn't pick Welsh Glammy players, or more accurately to say rarely picked Welsh Glamorgan players back in the day even though many thought on merit those Glamorgan players should have been picked.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2022 9:42]

England in Pakistan on 09:42 - Dec 13 with 856 viewsSirjohnalot

England in Pakistan on 09:26 - Dec 13 by trampie

No doubt they never did play them away, Pontyberem played Pakistan at home I was recently informed.

You never played at Lords then when you played league cricket down here, because Welsh villages often played at Lords, I think they won the competition 4 times on the trot, I think a team from just outside Swansea won the national comp in the early years, a village from just outside Cardiff won it multiple times, I think they held the record amount of wins at one time, a village from just outside Neath went to Lords twice and not necessarily the same team of players as in my minds eye it was several years apart.
Lots of Glamorgan players played local cricket before playing for Glamorgan back in the day.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2022 9:58]

No I never played at Lords, was no where near good enough for 1st team cricket. I was decent enough in the 2nds and 3rd for Neath and Briton Ferry.

I faced Simon Jones in the nets when he was coming back from his injury in the Ashes in Australia. Really nice guy, he was only bowling off a couple of paces, but I couldn't see a things, he was laughing as he 'pinged' (in my mind) the balls in at me. Just felt the wind going past by off stump.

My point is that the standard of South Wales league is not on the same stratosphere of Test Match cricket, different world. You just cannot compare the two. I ran the London Marathon the same time as Mo Farah, but it's a different sport. Same thing in Test Match cricket.

I don't know if you've ever lived or worked in England, ever had a relationship with an English man or woman or got any English mates, but I don't understand your relentless negativity towards anything English. I've been made to feel so welcome in England, great people
England in Pakistan on 09:56 - Dec 13 with 848 viewstrampie

England in Pakistan on 09:42 - Dec 13 by Sirjohnalot

No I never played at Lords, was no where near good enough for 1st team cricket. I was decent enough in the 2nds and 3rd for Neath and Briton Ferry.

I faced Simon Jones in the nets when he was coming back from his injury in the Ashes in Australia. Really nice guy, he was only bowling off a couple of paces, but I couldn't see a things, he was laughing as he 'pinged' (in my mind) the balls in at me. Just felt the wind going past by off stump.

My point is that the standard of South Wales league is not on the same stratosphere of Test Match cricket, different world. You just cannot compare the two. I ran the London Marathon the same time as Mo Farah, but it's a different sport. Same thing in Test Match cricket.

I don't know if you've ever lived or worked in England, ever had a relationship with an English man or woman or got any English mates, but I don't understand your relentless negativity towards anything English. I've been made to feel so welcome in England, great people

Sport is tribal butt, England are our sporting enemy, England have a world wide reputation in sport of being aragunt and thinking they are better than they are, sport is also about banter, I don't lie I'm all facts and figures me, I just pull up what the English media and often their fans think and say it is nonsense in lots of cases, pull them down a peg or two, tell them a few home truths (because that is what I deal in butt).

Who won the toss in both tests in this series, who had first use of the pitch, what world ranking have Pakistan got ?
It's not all that, English hype yet again, England test team will have to do an awful lot more to be considered an historical great team outside of the English bubble, for crying out loud England lost 4-0 against Australia the last time they played them.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2022 9:59]

England in Pakistan on 10:12 - Dec 13 with 837 viewsSirjohnalot

England in Pakistan on 09:56 - Dec 13 by trampie

Sport is tribal butt, England are our sporting enemy, England have a world wide reputation in sport of being aragunt and thinking they are better than they are, sport is also about banter, I don't lie I'm all facts and figures me, I just pull up what the English media and often their fans think and say it is nonsense in lots of cases, pull them down a peg or two, tell them a few home truths (because that is what I deal in butt).

Who won the toss in both tests in this series, who had first use of the pitch, what world ranking have Pakistan got ?
It's not all that, English hype yet again, England test team will have to do an awful lot more to be considered an historical great team outside of the English bubble, for crying out loud England lost 4-0 against Australia the last time they played them.

Ok, take care
Login to get fewer ads

England in Pakistan on 10:13 - Dec 13 with 824 viewstrampie

England in Pakistan on 10:12 - Dec 13 by Sirjohnalot

Ok, take care

You too butt.

England in Pakistan on 10:51 - Dec 13 with 799 viewsMixed_Kebab_No_Salad

"I'm all facts and figures me" haha

You'd have Leanne Wood in the slips if you were one of the selectors, just because you want everyone to know your bitter towards England.
England in Pakistan on 10:54 - Dec 13 with 797 viewsonehunglow

England in Pakistan on 10:12 - Dec 13 by Sirjohnalot

Ok, take care

Sporting enemy.
What absolute puerile garbage
Chuck in the racist element and one wonders how he gets away with this .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

England in Pakistan on 11:52 - Dec 13 with 764 viewstrampie

England in Pakistan on 10:51 - Dec 13 by Mixed_Kebab_No_Salad

"I'm all facts and figures me" haha

You'd have Leanne Wood in the slips if you were one of the selectors, just because you want everyone to know your bitter towards England.

I would only have Ms Wood in the slips if she had good hands and was worthy of her place in the team.

England in Pakistan on 16:59 - Dec 13 with 728 viewstheloneranger

... "what world ranking have Pakistan got ?"

It was only after yesterday's win that England moved up to 5th place in the World Test Championship Table - swapping places with Pakistan, who are now in 6th place.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

England in Pakistan on 17:26 - Dec 13 with 704 viewstrampie

England in Pakistan on 16:59 - Dec 13 by theloneranger

... "what world ranking have Pakistan got ?"

It was only after yesterday's win that England moved up to 5th place in the World Test Championship Table - swapping places with Pakistan, who are now in 6th place.

Yes indeed, ICC rankings have England at 4 and Pakistan at 6.

England in Pakistan on 17:49 - Dec 13 with 697 viewstheloneranger

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/icc-world-test-championship-2021-2023-126831

England in Pakistan on 17:54 - Dec 13 with 696 viewstheloneranger

England in Pakistan on 21:24 - Dec 12 by max936

Steve Watkin is a friend of mine and lives close by, lovely chap he is to, still heavily involved with the cricket when he's not playing with cars.

Steve's nickname most of his adult life has been "Banger" - for his love of "doing up" old cars, and as you say Max, a lovely chap, and a total gent.

England in Pakistan on 18:04 - Dec 13 with 679 viewstrampie

England in Pakistan on 17:49 - Dec 13 by theloneranger

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/icc-world-test-championship-2021-2023-126831

https://www.icc-cricket.com/rankings/mens/team-rankings/test

England in Pakistan on 18:44 - Dec 13 with 662 viewstheloneranger

England in Pakistan on 18:04 - Dec 13 by trampie

https://www.icc-cricket.com/rankings/mens/team-rankings/test

That table is from 12 Sep 2022.

England in Pakistan on 18:45 - Dec 13 with 661 viewsmax936

England in Pakistan on 17:54 - Dec 13 by theloneranger

Steve's nickname most of his adult life has been "Banger" - for his love of "doing up" old cars, and as you say Max, a lovely chap, and a total gent.

Banger is right to , I'll have to go and see if if he's finished doing up that Landie, he's had it a good many years.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

England in Pakistan on 18:53 - Dec 13 with 644 viewstrampie

England in Pakistan on 18:44 - Dec 13 by theloneranger

That table is from 12 Sep 2022.

Yes indeed probably because they don't play test matches all the time, I used ICC official site, your rankings are for a tournament (nothing wrong with that, do all games count, something tells me that they didn't at one point for some reason or other, can't check now because the footie is about to start), it's just I wanted to demonstrate that Pakistan are quite low down the rankings, all this marvellous win blah blah blah.

England in Pakistan on 11:31 - Dec 19 with 551 viewsWhiterockin

England batsmen are going nuts at the moment.

England in Pakistan on 17:02 - Dec 19 with 506 viewsmax936

England in Pakistan on 11:31 - Dec 19 by Whiterockin

England batsmen are going nuts at the moment.

Young Amed ripped the Pakistani batsman a new one, looks an incredible talent fair play, 2 wickets in first innings and 5 in 2nd innings, top bowling young man.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

England in Pakistan on 17:19 - Dec 19 with 500 viewsWhiterockin

England in Pakistan on 17:02 - Dec 19 by max936

Young Amed ripped the Pakistani batsman a new one, looks an incredible talent fair play, 2 wickets in first innings and 5 in 2nd innings, top bowling young man.

Away test series and bowling the opposition out twice in every game is a fantastic achievement.

England in Pakistan on 17:34 - Dec 19 with 485 viewstheloneranger

Rehan Ahmed became the youngest player in Test Match history to take 5 wickets in an innings on debut.

England in Pakistan on 09:01 - Dec 20 with 428 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

First team to win 3-0 in Pakistan.

🙂

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024