Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Grimes stat 12:00 - Jan 9 with 6034 viewsKeithHaynes

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Matt Grimes stat on 20:12 - Jan 9 with 1110 viewsKeithHaynes

Matt Grimes stat on 19:02 - Jan 9 by Treforys_Jack

That's a tad romantic, footballers are all mercenaries Keith, and if a good enough offer had come in, he'd have been offski.

It did, from Swansea

Matt Grimes stat on 20:14 - Jan 9 with 1088 viewsonehunglow

What are his stats on
Passes backwards
To the opposition
Goals scored

Stats

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Matt Grimes stat on 20:16 - Jan 9 with 1086 viewsKeithHaynes

Matt Grimes stat on 20:14 - Jan 9 by onehunglow

What are his stats on
Passes backwards
To the opposition
Goals scored

Stats

I’m at a loss sometimes.

Matt Grimes stat on 20:18 - Jan 9 with 1078 viewsWhiterockin

Matt Grimes stat on 20:16 - Jan 9 by KeithHaynes

I’m at a loss sometimes.

Use the ignore button and move on, oops that's us.
Matt Grimes stat on 20:24 - Jan 9 with 1063 viewsTreforys_Jack

Matt Grimes stat on 19:43 - Jan 9 by EagleEye

Don’t recall many bids coming in for Leon back in the day except Sheff Utd.

Grimes is a key player for Martinball like it or not. As he was for Cooper & Potter before him. Much underrated by so many in this forum yet a key part to the possession based football that everyone advocates as the way they want us to play. We’d be a much poorer team without him, one of the best players in his position in the Championship

Opinions aye, EE , we disagree, but we're civil about it. I genuinely believe he's holding us back, not because of his abilities, but because of his role in martinball. For Grimes to be an offensive success we need pace out wide, real pace, instead we have Manning and Lati, the mere fact that Oko Flex was so criminally underused just shows RM will not deviate until he's removed. He changes every now and then, but it seems that he only does that to buy him more time, and he soon reverts back.
Matt Grimes stat on 23:26 - Jan 9 with 1003 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Matt Grimes stat on 16:01 - Jan 9 by KeithHaynes

Thing is we can’t convert the chances we make at the end of those moves.

Again the raw facts would suggest that’s not the case. Only four teams have scored more goals than us in the league.

Our problems lie at the other end.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Matt Grimes stat on 00:03 - Jan 10 with 968 viewsDr_Parnassus

Stats and data are incredible tools, which is why all the top clubs now dedicate huge resources to it and is overtaking the role of the traditional scout, and for good reason.

But the skill in this sector is to interpret the data correctly and give context around the data. For example Leon Britton being the most accurate passer in Europe at one stage was because of his role in the team and the pretty unique way we played.

Leon’s passes would be 5 yard ones in the main to keep the ball moving, he was capable of the key pass too but his % completion would obviously plummet if looked at in isolation.

As for Grimes, no doubt he is a good player and has a good eye for a pass. But this line break example is simply due to the way we set up, there are simply more lines to break in front of him
because due to our possession game, teams lay deeper.

With a lot of midfielders they only have the opponents defensive line ahead of them, but with us Grimes can often have the oppositions attacking, midfield and defensive lines ahead of him, giving him 300% greater potential yields with every pass.

So scouts will often now use data, but their job is to provide context and show why that data is relevant to the situation. Where as before it would be a written appraisal based on opinion. The former is far more accurate than the latter and time has proven this to be the case, which is why this is the way it is now done.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Matt Grimes stat on 13:44 - Jan 10 with 863 viewsARQS

Matt Grimes stat on 17:35 - Jan 9 by Dr_Winston

Times are changing and I'm not entirely sure that I want to be a part of it.

The romance and flair is leaking out of the game, only to be replaced by tedious statistical analysis.

Certainly with our current manager.

No room for pace, flair, individuality or character. His dream is 11 robots playing his uninspiring, unexciting, boring football whilst building up some meaningless stats then coming out and parroting his inane business speak drivel.
Login to get fewer ads

Matt Grimes stat on 18:42 - Jan 10 with 808 viewsDr_Parnassus

Matt Grimes stat on 13:44 - Jan 10 by ARQS

No room for pace, flair, individuality or character. His dream is 11 robots playing his uninspiring, unexciting, boring football whilst building up some meaningless stats then coming out and parroting his inane business speak drivel.

You had a thread dedicated to you last week..

Welcome.

Matt Grimes stat on 19:51 - Jan 10 with 788 viewsDr_Winston

There's a lot of it about though.

It seems like managers these days are all being made on a production line, pushed through courses offering required "qualifications", all concentrating on all the wrong things.

Replace Martin and we'll probably end up with someone else cut from the same cloth as him and Cooper.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Matt Grimes stat on 20:11 - Jan 10 with 768 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Matt Grimes stat on 12:22 - Jan 9 by nantywatcher

Class act.

We can expect a flurry of bids from Serie A and Bundesliga clubs then? Great

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Matt Grimes stat on 21:32 - Jan 10 with 748 viewsSTID2017

Who would you prefer ?
BTW your post sounds awful familiar to another poster.
Sure you don't post / haven't posted as someone else ?
Could just be coincidence I suppose ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Matt Grimes stat on 08:01 - Jan 11 with 684 viewsmagicdaps10

Matt Grimes stat on 21:32 - Jan 10 by STID2017

Who would you prefer ?

I definetly also picked up that post was similiar in style to a former poster......even though its been clearly style changed without the success to hide it.

The interesting thing, appears that you can't deny or hide from stats and they tell the truth......it appears now that its not the case given the stat doesn't suit.

Its like, you can't blame the players if they make mistakes but then put the praise on Martin when we win
BUT the same people
Blame Martin when we lose but say its down to the players when we win.

Just highlights the challenges we all have to face on here at times!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Matt Grimes stat on 09:04 - Jan 11 with 668 viewsSullutaCreturned

Matt Grimes stat on 23:26 - Jan 9 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Again the raw facts would suggest that’s not the case. Only four teams have scored more goals than us in the league.

Our problems lie at the other end.

I slightly disagree, our problems are because the team is unbalanced. We are poor at the back, we make bad decisions and then up front it has become almost as if we wait for the oppo to score before we have a proper go. Our midfiled is pedestrian most of the time, we have no pace and what pace we do/did have has been sent out on loan/recalled or just ignored...or maybe left on the bench til 10 mins from the end.
Matt Grimes stat on 09:36 - Jan 11 with 647 viewsonehunglow

Matt Grimes stat on 09:04 - Jan 11 by SullutaCreturned

I slightly disagree, our problems are because the team is unbalanced. We are poor at the back, we make bad decisions and then up front it has become almost as if we wait for the oppo to score before we have a proper go. Our midfiled is pedestrian most of the time, we have no pace and what pace we do/did have has been sent out on loan/recalled or just ignored...or maybe left on the bench til 10 mins from the end.

We have now. Keeper bereft of confidence and some pretty hapless defenders who don’t exactly help him.
Nobody can surely be confident when opposition get anywhere near our box.

We pass the ball slow

We walk around the pitch ,literally ,led by Grimes

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Matt Grimes stat on 10:03 - Jan 11 with 642 viewsSTID2017

Matt Grimes stat on 09:36 - Jan 11 by onehunglow

We have now. Keeper bereft of confidence and some pretty hapless defenders who don’t exactly help him.
Nobody can surely be confident when opposition get anywhere near our box.

We pass the ball slow

We walk around the pitch ,literally ,led by Grimes

Love a bit of walking football me.
That said, I am more than twice their age

Matt Grimes stat on 10:10 - Jan 11 with 634 viewsmagicdaps10

I would agree with that to a point, it's such a developed game these days that you have to defend as a unit.....some attacking players and also midfield players need to cover more ground these days.

Matt Grimes stat on 10:15 - Jan 11 with 634 viewsARQS

Matt Grimes stat on 21:32 - Jan 10 by STID2017

Who would you prefer ?

I've been posting on various incarnations of this site under the same username (albeit this is abbreviated) for the best part of 15 years so I have no idea what you are on about.

I would prefer a manager who can manage players who aren't teachers pets, utilises his squad properly, plays attacking, fast paced football and doesn't talk drivel in an attempt to gaslight fans into thinking he's doing anything more than bullsh*ting his way through things.

As for MagicDap's post... any transfer rumours for us pal? I always read them with interest so I know who we definitely aren't signing.
Matt Grimes stat on 10:28 - Jan 11 with 628 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

It was a reply to a comment that we don’t convert our chances but when 80 odd percent of the league have scored less than us we are significantly outperforming the average in terms of goals scored. It heavily suggests our problems aren’t in the attacking areas.

Matt Grimes stat on 11:07 - Jan 11 with 617 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Matt Grimes stat on 10:10 - Jan 11 by magicdaps10

I would agree with that to a point, it's such a developed game these days that you have to defend as a unit.....some attacking players and also midfield players need to cover more ground these days.

I think generally we do that, Cooper Cundle and Cullen work really hard both attacking and defensive but most of our goals are conceded either from set pieces or overplaying at goal kicks or around the back and giving the ball away to an opposition striker to run virtually unopposed towards our keeper.

If we would just cut out that BS and taking stupid risks we don’t have to take we’d at least halve our goals conceded rate.

Matt Grimes stat on 11:15 - Jan 11 with 614 viewsmagicdaps10

Matt Grimes stat on 11:07 - Jan 11 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I think generally we do that, Cooper Cundle and Cullen work really hard both attacking and defensive but most of our goals are conceded either from set pieces or overplaying at goal kicks or around the back and giving the ball away to an opposition striker to run virtually unopposed towards our keeper.

If we would just cut out that BS and taking stupid risks we don’t have to take we’d at least halve our goals conceded rate.

Totally agree, seen a massive workload change in defensive play with Cooper, Cundle and Cullen in recent weeks.

Matt Grimes stat on 11:59 - Jan 11 with 594 viewsDr_Parnassus

Matt Grimes stat on 10:15 - Jan 11 by ARQS

I've been posting on various incarnations of this site under the same username (albeit this is abbreviated) for the best part of 15 years so I have no idea what you are on about.

I would prefer a manager who can manage players who aren't teachers pets, utilises his squad properly, plays attacking, fast paced football and doesn't talk drivel in an attempt to gaslight fans into thinking he's doing anything more than bullsh*ting his way through things.

As for MagicDap's post... any transfer rumours for us pal? I always read them with interest so I know who we definitely aren't signing.

Just to fill in the blanks, the usual mob are alluding to you being me, for what reason I’m not quite sure.

I told them you had been posting here for the best part of 2 decades… apparently that still wasn’t enough to dampen the paranoia. Oh well

Also spot on with your last paragraph..
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 12:01]

Matt Grimes stat on 12:40 - Jan 11 with 580 viewsSTID2017

Matt Grimes stat on 10:15 - Jan 11 by ARQS

Thanks.
Thought I recognised the style of post and yes remember you posting as AngelRangel etc.
Not sure what Dr P is on about with his reference to the usual mob.
This was purely my thoughts based in your post here and some you posted on the other site ?
No gangs involved.
Thanks again for your honest and straightforward answer
[Post edited 12 Jan 2023 14:03]

Matt Grimes stat on 12:54 - Jan 11 with 561 viewsDr_Parnassus

Gangs? Where did I mention gangs?

Please try to read what people type.

Matt Grimes stat on 13:32 - Jan 11 with 551 viewsDr_Parnassus

Matt Grimes stat on 08:01 - Jan 11 by magicdaps10

I definetly also picked up that post was similiar in style to a former poster......even though its been clearly style changed without the success to hide it.

The interesting thing, appears that you can't deny or hide from stats and they tell the truth......it appears now that its not the case given the stat doesn't suit.

Its like, you can't blame the players if they make mistakes but then put the praise on Martin when we win
BUT the same people
Blame Martin when we lose but say its down to the players when we win.

Just highlights the challenges we all have to face on here at times!

Which stat doesn’t suit?

What are you implying?

Who has anything against Grimes?

It’s common sense Daps. Some stats are as they say on the tin, others require context. This is one that requires context… there is a reason he’s not worth £200m and being chased by Real Madrid and Barca.

Think please, instead of these silly hidden quips because you are too terrified of being banned like your mates.

I think I preferred you when we only heard from you twice a year when you made up pages of transfer rumours that you always got wrong. It was very annoying but at least it was infrequent and predictable.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024