Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why no man there stood up for her is incredible 10:59 - Jan 23 with 6512 viewsSirjohnalot

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64333230

How can this be allowed any where ?
Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 18:06 - Jan 23 with 1142 viewsLohengrin

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 17:23 - Jan 23 by controversial_jack

So, it's not a culture then, just a one off?

There’s no rape culture in rugby, mun. Whoever this is is off his nut!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 18:27 - Jan 23 with 1117 viewscontroversial_jack

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 18:06 - Jan 23 by Lohengrin

There’s no rape culture in rugby, mun. Whoever this is is off his nut!

I'll have to respect your views, as I know nothing about Rugby
Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 18:57 - Jan 23 with 1100 viewsmax936

That's disgusting and it needs further investigation by the police, its obvious several blind eye's have been turned and people have been afraid to come forward. Shocking

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 19:00 - Jan 23 with 1094 viewsmax936

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 14:52 - Jan 23 by JACKMANANDBOY

What I'm afraid will happen here is a media frenzy, followed by a gesture from the WRU like appointing to a new equality and diversity post followed by no real change.

That's no doubt Spot on.

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 19:05 - Jan 23 with 1093 viewsmax936

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 16:18 - Jan 23 by Lohengrin

That’s a harsh assessment. If somebody had said that to a woman in front of somebody like Brian Thomas he’d have strangled them.

He would have as well, fair play.

The t@@t probably wouldn't have said it without a suitable audience presence, he wouldn't have said that if Brian had been there, no chance.

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 19:54 - Jan 23 with 1057 viewsLuther27

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 16:18 - Jan 23 by Lohengrin

That’s a harsh assessment. If somebody had said that to a woman in front of somebody like Brian Thomas he’d have strangled them.

And that’s because Brian was a man’s man. Someone who showed respect to all, and especially women. It seems that people like him with so called old fashioned values are frowned upon today.
I never swear infront of a woman, I hold doors open for them still despite the basic dogshit looks I get off some.
So…in todays equal society if a guy had defended this woman after that verbal affront I wonder what the outcome would have been.
Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 20:07 - Jan 23 with 1039 viewsonehunglow

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 19:54 - Jan 23 by Luther27

And that’s because Brian was a man’s man. Someone who showed respect to all, and especially women. It seems that people like him with so called old fashioned values are frowned upon today.
I never swear infront of a woman, I hold doors open for them still despite the basic dogshit looks I get off some.
So…in todays equal society if a guy had defended this woman after that verbal affront I wonder what the outcome would have been.

Very very true
The Ayatollah
Made Neath a really warm place to visit

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 20:17 - Jan 23 with 1023 viewstheloneranger

Charlotte Wathan's story is on BBC1Wales at this moment.

BBC Wales Investigates - "Welsh Rugby Under the Spotlight"

What an absolutely shocking story of sexism, bullying and sexual harassment at the WRU.

Available on Catch Up.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 20:23 - Jan 23 with 1019 viewsSirjohnalot

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 16:44 - Jan 23 by Lohengrin

I work in heavy industry where the banter is as rough-edged as it gets, and as you say it’s a long day without laughs in it, but that’s not a joke.

If somebody is walking around with that in their head they’re a bomb waiting to go off.

My dad worked in the Abbey works, had someone said that to a woman jn front of him, he’d have decked him.
Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 20:23 - Jan 23 with 1012 viewsonehunglow

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 20:23 - Jan 23 by Sirjohnalot

My dad worked in the Abbey works, had someone said that to a woman jn front of him, he’d have decked him.

My first place of work John. 1966-1968 .

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 20:25 - Jan 23 with 1012 viewsSirjohnalot

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 19:54 - Jan 23 by Luther27

She’d have been grateful I’d have thought that not everyone thought it funny
Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 20:38 - Jan 23 with 999 viewsonehunglow

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 20:25 - Jan 23 by Sirjohnalot

It’s the most bizarre narrative I’ve read in some time.

It’s hard to contemplate how anyone could come up with that in that environment

Being of a slightly volatile nature,if said in my presence, I’d be looking at employing Sirjon his not inconsiderable fees notwithstanding .

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 21:40 - Jan 23 with 977 viewsSirjohnalot

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 20:38 - Jan 23 by onehunglow

It’s the most bizarre narrative I’ve read in some time.

It’s hard to contemplate how anyone could come up with that in that environment

Being of a slightly volatile nature,if said in my presence, I’d be looking at employing Sirjon his not inconsiderable fees notwithstanding .

I’d probably be next to you in the dock
Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 22:40 - Jan 23 with 941 viewsLuther27

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 20:25 - Jan 23 by Sirjohnalot

Perhaps in these enlightened times if she’d kicked him in the balls the message would have been conveyed.
Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 23:00 - Jan 23 with 914 viewsDr_Parnassus

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 16:14 - Jan 23 by Lohengrin

I’ve been in and around rugby clubs all my life and I can’t honestly say as I’ve ever encountered anybody that would think something like that, much less say it to a woman, and I’ve known some proper boneheaded howlers.

That’s not banter whoever came out with that is deeply, deeply disturbed.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 16:16]

Was about to say much the same.

The man hating feminist media love stories like this because they try and paint it as the norm, and a problem that needs dealing with. It’s the fallback story when there isn’t a race one.

This particular story is awful though and glad she got compensation, but it’s exceedingly rare and not representative of a sport, gender or sector.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 23:14 - Jan 23 with 921 viewsLuther27

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 23:00 - Jan 23 by Dr_Parnassus

The man hating feminist media love stories like this because they try and paint it as the norm, and a problem that needs dealing with. It’s the fallback story when there isn’t a race one.

This particular story is awful though and glad she got compensation, but it’s exceedingly rare and not representative of a sport, gender or sector.

One thing I would add to this debate is why it hasn’t ended up in court?
Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 07:13 - Jan 24 with 854 viewsSTID2017

What an awful ordeal this lady has been objected to.
No one in any walk of life should be subjected to such behaviour.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 08:12 - Jan 24 with 837 viewsraynor94

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 23:14 - Jan 23 by Luther27

One thing I would add to this debate is why it hasn’t ended up in court?

Because she accepted a pay off, and the perpetrator is still employed by the WRU

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 10:04 - Jan 24 with 816 viewsonehunglow

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 23:00 - Jan 23 by Dr_Parnassus

Don’t forget Rugby is hated by many and seen as a threat .
Time for a six nations thread

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 10:36 - Jan 24 with 811 viewsJack11

Money talks and the sponsors like Principality and Admiral publicly stating their concerns will get the heads rolling.
Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 11:59 - Jan 25 with 713 viewsReslovenSwan1

Welsh people have not held the WRU and Welsh player greats to account. All the players sent to South Africa to play sport where black players were not allowed to play.

Several of those players have gone to their grave without apologising. As far a I know the WRU have never apologised for allowing Welsh international to tour and play in south Africa, The reason is no one has held them accountable. This encourages accountability.

Cardiff has a gigantic statue to a black lady who was an headmistress and localised hero unknown outside east Cardiff. Put there out of shame and regret.

It also has a statue of a rugby player who played White skinned sport representing the WRU and with WRU 's blessing . He is loved by Swansea fans. I want an apology.

No man ever took him and the WRU to task. I do every time.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2023 12:02]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 13:20 - Jan 25 with 682 viewsSirjohnalot

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 11:59 - Jan 25 by ReslovenSwan1

Welsh people have not held the WRU and Welsh player greats to account. All the players sent to South Africa to play sport where black players were not allowed to play.

Several of those players have gone to their grave without apologising. As far a I know the WRU have never apologised for allowing Welsh international to tour and play in south Africa, The reason is no one has held them accountable. This encourages accountability.

Cardiff has a gigantic statue to a black lady who was an headmistress and localised hero unknown outside east Cardiff. Put there out of shame and regret.

It also has a statue of a rugby player who played White skinned sport representing the WRU and with WRU 's blessing . He is loved by Swansea fans. I want an apology.

Very well said. A shameful chapter in our history.
Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 13:42 - Jan 25 with 655 viewsWhiterockin

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 10:36 - Jan 24 by Jack11

Money talks and the sponsors like Principality and Admiral publicly stating their concerns will get the heads rolling.

This won't just go away, something needs to be done urgently. The reluctance of rugby supporters to accept this just shows how deep rooted the problem is. The stadium and shirt sponsors at least are taking it seriously and will bring the necessary pressure.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 16:31 - Jan 25 with 599 viewsWhiterockin

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 13:42 - Jan 25 by Whiterockin

This won't just go away, something needs to be done urgently. The reluctance of rugby supporters to accept this just shows how deep rooted the problem is. The stadium and shirt sponsors at least are taking it seriously and will bring the necessary pressure.

And now the Senedd are getting involved. No more brushing it under the carpet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64391791

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 18:08 - Jan 25 with 549 viewsTreforys_Jack

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 11:59 - Jan 25 by ReslovenSwan1

It can also be said that they went there to highlight the issue, the black South Africans loved seeing them beat the supposedly superior Springboks. They also went into the townships as a show of support and engagement, but get where you're coming from entirely.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024