Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ospreys and Ealing 12:07 - Mar 7 with 3758 viewsTogg

A lot of talk about a possible merger between the two sides. How it would work, I don't know but probably it will mean the end of professional first class Rugby in Swansea. Let's be honest the WRU have been itching to get rid of the Ospreys. Arguably the most successful Welsh side of recent times and the team which truly tried to make regions work.
Welsh Rugby is a mess at the moment (again) theres talk of some players at Cardiff Rugby being offered contracts of £30k. Would you put your body and health on the line as a professional sportsman for that amount?

https://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/features/blindside-rugby-transfer-column/372536/
[Post edited 7 Mar 2023 12:08]
Ospreys and Ealing on 12:13 - Mar 7 with 2789 viewsKeithHaynes

I see your point indeed.
A lot would though, as they do in the military, police, and so on.

Maybe the standard would drop though.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ospreys and Ealing on 12:29 - Mar 7 with 2772 viewsGwyn737

You'd think someone would have spotted this along the way.

We don't have regional rugby as we only have one region - the Ospreys, and three club sides.

I'm suprised this isn't talked about more.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2023 14:22]
Ospreys and Ealing on 12:59 - Mar 7 with 2739 viewsTogg

Ospreys and Ealing on 12:13 - Mar 7 by KeithHaynes

I see your point indeed.
A lot would though, as they do in the military, police, and so on.

Maybe the standard would drop though.

Sorry Keith my post was meant in a sporting context. I would never be disparaging towards the brave people in the forces and police. I've got many good friends who served in both.
Ospreys and Ealing on 13:33 - Mar 7 with 2698 viewsmax936

Ospreys and Ealing on 12:29 - Mar 7 by Gwyn737

You'd think someone would have spotted this along the way.

We don't have regional rugby as we only have one region - the Ospreys, and three club sides.

I'm suprised this isn't talked about more.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2023 14:22]

Init the talk about regional Rugby and the only true region is the Ospreys and the WRU want shot of them, for what they call rugby Royalty the Scarlets and Cardiff of course, its a disgrace, if Ospreys do go, WRU will lose a load of fans from the Osprey region, they have thousands of fans, despite the crowd attendances, loads of people follow on the tele as do I, its not always convenient to attend games for many of reasons for lots of people.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Ospreys and Ealing on 14:10 - Mar 7 with 2675 viewsonehunglow

Ospreys and Ealing on 13:33 - Mar 7 by max936

Init the talk about regional Rugby and the only true region is the Ospreys and the WRU want shot of them, for what they call rugby Royalty the Scarlets and Cardiff of course, its a disgrace, if Ospreys do go, WRU will lose a load of fans from the Osprey region, they have thousands of fans, despite the crowd attendances, loads of people follow on the tele as do I, its not always convenient to attend games for many of reasons for lots of people.

That would be another kick in the teeth for the second city.
The most famous of all Welsh rugby clubs.
Our history stands alone
Scarlets

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ospreys and Ealing on 14:35 - Mar 7 with 2655 viewsKeithHaynes

Ospreys and Ealing on 12:59 - Mar 7 by Togg

Sorry Keith my post was meant in a sporting context. I would never be disparaging towards the brave people in the forces and police. I've got many good friends who served in both.

No offence taken mate, ever.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ospreys and Ealing on 15:42 - Mar 7 with 2617 viewsWhiterockin

Ospreys and Ealing on 14:10 - Mar 7 by onehunglow

That would be another kick in the teeth for the second city.
The most famous of all Welsh rugby clubs.
Our history stands alone
Scarlets

The whites would probably get bigger crowds than the regions if it went ahead.
Ospreys and Ealing on 17:57 - Mar 7 with 2547 viewsKilkennyjack

Bit of a dull idea ?

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Ospreys and Ealing on 18:04 - Mar 7 with 2533 viewsEagleEye

This would a disaster & disgrace for Welsh rugby. There should only be one club being discussed for winding up & that is obviously the perennial whipping boys club east of Cardiff, surely ??
Ospreys and Ealing on 20:46 - Mar 7 with 2483 viewsTogg

Ospreys and Ealing on 18:04 - Mar 7 by EagleEye

This would a disaster & disgrace for Welsh rugby. There should only be one club being discussed for winding up & that is obviously the perennial whipping boys club east of Cardiff, surely ??

Owned by the WRU unfortunately
Ospreys and Ealing on 20:50 - Mar 7 with 2479 viewsmax936

Ospreys and Ealing on 20:46 - Mar 7 by Togg

Owned by the WRU unfortunately

I think the fact that the Ospreys don't own their ground, could be the game changer, I dunno though, but I think it'll definitely be a factor in any decision.

Ospreys and Ealing on 20:57 - Mar 7 with 2470 viewsDr_Winston

Would anyone really lose any sleep over the demise of the Ospreys?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ospreys and Ealing on 21:00 - Mar 7 with 2467 viewsTogg

Ospreys and Ealing on 20:50 - Mar 7 by max936

I think the fact that the Ospreys don't own their ground, could be the game changer, I dunno though, but I think it'll definitely be a factor in any decision.

Absolutely. They have been gunning for the Ospreys since the Celtic Warriors went. They've got short memories the WRU. Remember beating England with 14 Ospreys. How many players have the Ospreys produced for Wales?
Ospreys and Ealing on 21:27 - Mar 7 with 2448 viewsmax936

Ospreys and Ealing on 20:57 - Mar 7 by Dr_Winston

Would anyone really lose any sleep over the demise of the Ospreys?

Me and thousands others, you a fan of the Scarlets or Cardiff are you or just another of these Rugby haters?

Ospreys and Ealing on 21:35 - Mar 7 with 2440 viewsDr_Winston

Ospreys and Ealing on 21:27 - Mar 7 by max936

Me and thousands others, you a fan of the Scarlets or Cardiff are you or just another of these Rugby haters?

"Thousands" of others? Really?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ospreys and Ealing on 21:59 - Mar 7 with 2422 viewsmax936

Ospreys and Ealing on 21:35 - Mar 7 by Dr_Winston

You should be a politician answering a question with a question and yes thousands, they don't all turn up to watch every game though, as I doubt fans of the other regions turn up for all their game's.
The facts of the matter are that the Ospreys are the only true region that embraced regional Rugby from its first inauguration and is the most successful one at that.

Ospreys and Ealing on 13:56 - Mar 8 with 2312 viewsEagleEye

Ospreys and Ealing on 21:35 - Mar 7 by Dr_Winston

Lose sleep - No. There will be lots that are be p1ssed at the way the WRU are running the game with the bias shown to regions to the south east of the country & lack of investment in grass roots.

The game is broken due to league set up, fixture schedules, kick off times, & regions which are not fit for purpose. There should only be one region under consideration for being wound up & it’s not the Ospreys
Ospreys and Ealing on 15:25 - Mar 8 with 2269 viewsmajorraglan

Ospreys and Ealing on 13:56 - Mar 8 by EagleEye

Lose sleep - No. There will be lots that are be p1ssed at the way the WRU are running the game with the bias shown to regions to the south east of the country & lack of investment in grass roots.

The game is broken due to league set up, fixture schedules, kick off times, & regions which are not fit for purpose. There should only be one region under consideration for being wound up & it’s not the Ospreys

I’m not saying the WRU are great because they clearly aren’t, but from what I can see some of the “Regions” are squealing like sick pigs and they’re after the lions share of resources at the expense of others. Quite a few of the WRU officials have strong links with Cardiff who, if you listen to some fans from clubs in their region have done very little to support teams outside of the city.

The WRU have to change, but the changes need to well thought out and measured not changes introduced purely for the benefit of the regions.
Ospreys and Ealing on 15:32 - Mar 8 with 2258 viewsBarrySwan

To be fair these average attendance figures are from 3 years ago as reported in the press, I'd imagine that they have probably quadrupled by now

Ospreys. 6,669

Cardiff 7,617

Scarlets 7,748

Newport. 4,807

I'm fully in support of players requesting new contracts in Wales

I'd give them about £200 a week tops based on those crowds
Ospreys and Ealing on 15:43 - Mar 8 with 2251 viewsTogg

Let's not believe that the game at club level in England is red and rosey. Wasps and Worcester are gone and these are the debts of some English clubs. I believe Leicester biggest club owe 31 million

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/premierships-500m-debt-how-much-each-club-actuall
[Post edited 8 Mar 2023 15:47]
Ospreys and Ealing on 16:54 - Mar 8 with 2202 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Based on this summary of the issues, this is not easy to resolve and looks like it needs overhaul of the strategy and/or structure of rugby in Wales.

https://apnews.com/article/sports-cardiff-wales-rugby-0aee2c98b25fd646010ed93951

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Ospreys and Ealing on 17:02 - Mar 8 with 2190 viewsmax936

Ospreys and Ealing on 15:32 - Mar 8 by BarrySwan

To be fair these average attendance figures are from 3 years ago as reported in the press, I'd imagine that they have probably quadrupled by now

Ospreys. 6,669

Cardiff 7,617

Scarlets 7,748

Newport. 4,807

I'm fully in support of players requesting new contracts in Wales

I'd give them about £200 a week tops based on those crowds

"I'd give them about £200 a week tops based on those crowds"

Is that before deductions or after,

I wouldn't get out bed for that if I had to go through what those guys do, the ground attendances are not under their control, that's down to the teams administers to promote the games and attract more people through the turnstiles.

Ospreys and Ealing on 20:03 - Mar 9 with 2064 viewsBarrySwan

Ospreys and Ealing on 17:02 - Mar 8 by max936

"I'd give them about £200 a week tops based on those crowds"

Is that before deductions or after,

I wouldn't get out bed for that if I had to go through what those guys do, the ground attendances are not under their control, that's down to the teams administers to promote the games and attract more people through the turnstiles.

Its not down to teams administrators at all.

Its a reflection of potential spectators considering the present game to be a total borefest added to the completely abysmal non success rate of the Welsh teams.

I'm sticking with £200 a week or of course the option to forge a new career in a different job.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2023 20:04]
Ospreys and Ealing on 21:10 - Mar 9 with 2032 viewsmax936

Ospreys and Ealing on 20:03 - Mar 9 by BarrySwan

Its not down to teams administrators at all.

Its a reflection of potential spectators considering the present game to be a total borefest added to the completely abysmal non success rate of the Welsh teams.

I'm sticking with £200 a week or of course the option to forge a new career in a different job.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2023 20:04]

Of course its down to the administrators of the region's and club's to promote their teams and get people through the gates, players are there to play there'll be no rugby in Wales if that was to happen, so your suggestion is nonsensical.

The players are trained to play the way they play, and it should be structured by coaches etc to get them to play at their best ability, the blame for the game being a borefest [in your opinion] cannot be attributed solely to the players.

Ospreys have had some excellent success since the regions started, Scarlets have had successes as well and that success has led to achieving what they have achieved previously as well, considering the small pool of players they can pick from.

Ospreys and Ealing on 00:05 - Mar 10 with 1989 viewsBarrySwan

Ospreys and Ealing on 21:10 - Mar 9 by max936

Of course its down to the administrators of the region's and club's to promote their teams and get people through the gates, players are there to play there'll be no rugby in Wales if that was to happen, so your suggestion is nonsensical.

The players are trained to play the way they play, and it should be structured by coaches etc to get them to play at their best ability, the blame for the game being a borefest [in your opinion] cannot be attributed solely to the players.

Ospreys have had some excellent success since the regions started, Scarlets have had successes as well and that success has led to achieving what they have achieved previously as well, considering the small pool of players they can pick from.

Remind me of these successes please?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024