Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lineker dropped from MOTD 16:54 - Mar 10 with 38848 viewsBushman

David Attenborough show kicked sideways to iPlayer

What times we live in

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 13:06 - Mar 12 with 3117 viewswood_hoop

Rumors going round that Sharp will resign today !

Who knows !
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 13:17 - Mar 12 with 3049 viewskensalriser

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 11:52 - Mar 12 by Clive_Anderson

The difference is that Alan Sugar said for years he voted for Labour and then changed to Tory at the last election, a pretty run of the mill comment.

Lineker on the other hand branded the current government as Nazis. When you've got "anti-hate" groups patrolling around attacking people with slogans like "the only good nazi is a dead nazi" and going out to "punch a nazi", it's not really the sort of comment that someone on millions of pounds of taxpayers money should be making. Don't forget a Tory MP got murdered a couple of years ago by a Somalian and this sort of rhetoric is going to make this sort of thing more common. Lineker isn't stupid and knows exactly what he's doing here.

Clarkson actually said he agreed with the strikers and they should get more money. Then he made a joke about how because of the BBC impartiality rules he has to say the exact opposite and then made the joke about shooting them in front of their families. Of course the BBC then endlessly repeated the second part without the first part to generate controversy that they could then report on breathlessly.

So much misinformation here its hard to know where to start.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 13:49 - Mar 12 with 2975 viewsterryb

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 10:01 - Mar 11 by stevec

Indeed.

And a country with zero national debt, yep ZERO national debt, you heard that right. Plus an income tax rate of 13% on your wages all the way up until you earn £160,000 a year, and next to no local taxes.

All in all, you can start to see why right wing dictatorships are popular with their public, certainly in comparison to our pseudo conservative/liberal orthodoxies that are bringing us to our knees.

It’s unfortunate that the Linekers of this world equate everything right wing with Germany of the 1930’s as their ‘go to’ formula. The guys a well meaning shallow thinker indicative of a society in collapse.

I had a match to attend yesterday & so couldn't comment on this at the time. I've not read any posts on the thread since this one from Steve, so apologies if this has already been discussed.

"All in all, you can start to see why right wing dictatorships are popular with their public, certainly in comparison to our pseudo conservative/liberal orthodoxies that are bringing us to our knees."

That's rather a sweeping statement Steve. I can't recall many/any right wing dictatorships that were that popular with the public in my lifetime. Greece, Portugal & Spain were far from welcomed by a large proportion of the population & that's before we get to the nightmares that the civilians of Chile & Argentina had to endure. Personally, I would include Iran, Rhodesia (I purposely used the old name) & South Africa in this list & I'm sure there were many others. How many people "disappeared" under all of these regimes?

What they all had in common, is that eventually they were all overturned by the people!

In balance, many of the left wing equivalents in Eastern Europe, Asia & Africa suffered the same fates.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 14:09 - Mar 12 with 2891 viewsSonofpugwash

Great,another 20 pages of political theory coming up.

It's not Left v Right anymore,it's right v wrong.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 14:53 - Mar 12 with 2833 viewsOakR

I see Match of the Day had an extra 500k viewers yesterday with no presenters or commentators which I found mildly amusing.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2023 14:53]

Poll: Will we stay up?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 14:56 - Mar 12 with 2806 viewsClive_Anderson

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 13:17 - Mar 12 by kensalriser

So much misinformation here its hard to know where to start.

I suppose it's too much to expect someone to actually engage with views that are different to their own. Just denying reality completely instead seems to be the latest tactic.

Here's links backing up what I said.

Tory MP murdered here.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-61094059

Here's the Guardian making excuses for the trend of "protestors" punching a "Nazi":
https://www.theguardian.com/science/brain-flapping/2017/jan/31/the-punch-a-nazi-

Here's a transcript of the Jeremy Clarkson interview where he first called the strikes fantastic, then called for them to be shot. Admittedly reading it now he wasn't really supporting the strikers and was just joking that it was fantastic as the roads were clear. But then he was clearly joking about taking the other view to balance it up as it's the BBC:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15993558

I realise this is pointless as you'll either find something minor wrong somewhere to somehow claim it's all misinformation or more likely just ignore it. What won't happen is any sort of actual engagement with anything I actually said, so I'm completely wasting my time.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 15:31 - Mar 12 with 2744 viewsderbyhoop

For me the big issue with this controversy is the hypocrisy.
Braverman demonises migrants and talks of "invasion", yet a high profile sports presenter compares the language used with that of 1930s Germany and is pilloried.
Meanwhile the Chairman of the BBC, who is a donor to the Tories, gets his position after facilitating a loan for the PM at the time. Is that above criticism?

2 days after Lineker's tweet, Fiona "one punch" Bruce" excuses the domestic violence carried out by (Sir) Stanley Johnson. FB's husband is also a Tory donor.

To quote 2 comments
BBC have lost the dressing room and scored an own goal.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 15:45 - Mar 12 with 2685 viewskensalriser

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 14:56 - Mar 12 by Clive_Anderson

I suppose it's too much to expect someone to actually engage with views that are different to their own. Just denying reality completely instead seems to be the latest tactic.

Here's links backing up what I said.

Tory MP murdered here.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-61094059

Here's the Guardian making excuses for the trend of "protestors" punching a "Nazi":
https://www.theguardian.com/science/brain-flapping/2017/jan/31/the-punch-a-nazi-

Here's a transcript of the Jeremy Clarkson interview where he first called the strikes fantastic, then called for them to be shot. Admittedly reading it now he wasn't really supporting the strikers and was just joking that it was fantastic as the roads were clear. But then he was clearly joking about taking the other view to balance it up as it's the BBC:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15993558

I realise this is pointless as you'll either find something minor wrong somewhere to somehow claim it's all misinformation or more likely just ignore it. What won't happen is any sort of actual engagement with anything I actually said, so I'm completely wasting my time.

I've learnt not to engage with your distorted, delusional, hate-filled bullshit.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 16:45 - Mar 12 with 2584 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 14:09 - Mar 12 by Sonofpugwash

Great,another 20 pages of political theory coming up.

It's not Left v Right anymore,it's right v wrong.

Big shout for those of us who take time to phone/text/email ‘not sure’. The

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:19 - Mar 12 with 2460 viewsSharpy36

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 15:45 - Mar 12 by kensalriser

I've learnt not to engage with your distorted, delusional, hate-filled bullshit.

Is that because you shout endless crap at others without the balls to at least offer some form of counter argument ?

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:05 - Mar 12 with 2331 viewsslmrstid

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 14:53 - Mar 12 by OakR

I see Match of the Day had an extra 500k viewers yesterday with no presenters or commentators which I found mildly amusing.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2023 14:53]

I suspect that was because lots of people wanted to see it for the novelty factor.

I'd be very willing to bet if it carried on like that every week people would get bored and switch off.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:18 - Mar 12 with 2297 viewsswitchingcode

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:05 - Mar 12 by slmrstid

I suspect that was because lots of people wanted to see it for the novelty factor.

I'd be very willing to bet if it carried on like that every week people would get bored and switch off.

I got bored with it years ago and even though we are now on it I still feel the same.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:25 - Mar 12 with 2262 viewspaulparker

Watched the show this morning and got to say I enjoyed it with out the smugness of crisp boy and the droning of the brothers grim ( Murphy & shearer ) all you need to do is get the commentators back and you got a decent show

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:27 - Mar 12 with 2148 viewsRanger_Things

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:25 - Mar 12 by paulparker

Watched the show this morning and got to say I enjoyed it with out the smugness of crisp boy and the droning of the brothers grim ( Murphy & shearer ) all you need to do is get the commentators back and you got a decent show

Let’s see how that works for the live FA Cup game next weekend..
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:47 - Mar 12 with 2070 viewsMick_S

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:27 - Mar 12 by Ranger_Things

Let’s see how that works for the live FA Cup game next weekend..

Tee hee.

Good point.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 21:47 - Mar 12 with 1892 viewsmakaveli1882

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:47 - Mar 12 by Mick_S

Tee hee.

Good point.

He is back next week for the FA Cup unfortunately.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 07:20 - Mar 13 with 1673 viewshubble

Got to say MOTD without the commentators and pundits was a breath of fresh air. Like a football match without time wasting. I could properly focus on the action with just the crowd noise to enhance it and no screaming hyperbole. This is how I'd like to view football highlights from now on, but sadly they're all due to return to their extremely overpaid jobs.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 07:56 - Mar 13 with 1583 viewsJamesB1979

https://mobile.twitter.com/RabFace1888/status/1634623821746454529
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 07:56 - Mar 13 with 1579 viewsClive_Anderson

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 15:45 - Mar 12 by kensalriser

You learned not to engage, other than loudly claim something is misinformation and then slink off when it was shown you're once again talking crap. Truly rising above it all.

Anyway it looks like the BBC is going to cave over Lineker FFS, a man so odious his mere presence on the show immediately wipes half a million off the viewing figures.

For the FA Cup game they should show goals and action from earlier FA Cup rounds at half time. They could also show classic FA games and goals from the BBC archives , maybe even have some classic interviews from when the presenters weren't all out of touch, virtual signalling woke tosspots.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 09:00 - Mar 13 with 1476 viewsEsox_Lucius

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 07:07 - Mar 12 by nix

She was defending someone connected indirectly to the current government, who's been an elected UK official and who had done something indefensible, as a political journalist on a political show. What she did was clearly much worse. Personally I think someone minimising domestic violence isn't comparable to someone attacking UK policy on asylum seekers, whatever your political views. There can reasonably be a range of views on the latter, there really shouldn't be any scope for differences in opinion on the former.

Her actual job is to think on her feet. If she can't do that effectively then she shouldn't be on the show. Personally I've never rated her and can't understand why she gets so many top jobs. Maybe who she knows?

Check out who her husband is and all will be become very clear. Her and Laura Kuenssberg continually lie to protect the government and, considering the board, permit criticism of other political views. The latest trend is for RW Twitterati to demand the defunding of the BBC; hypothesising, now they have the people in place at the top, the next step is to outrightl fund the corporation and use its once legitimate reputation to churn out the same lies the rest of the RW controlled media currently does and still claim to be the same impartial BBC we have all known and loved.
Pulling Attenborough's show for fear of upsetting the RW was also a jaw dropping moment.

The grass is always greener.

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 09:05 - Mar 13 with 1456 viewsEsox_Lucius

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 21:26 - Mar 10 by Damo1962

It's a husk of it's former self. The way some of the Left say that the Tories at the BBC are behind all this...is frankly delusional. I doubt there is more Left wing Public Broadcaster out side Russia. Eh Comrades !

Tell me you haven't watched any news on the BBC for over 20 years without telling me you haven't watched any news on the BBC for over 20 years.

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 09:25 - Mar 13 with 1379 viewsEsox_Lucius

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 13:20 - Mar 11 by hubble

Oh, just thought, but if most news is more about distraction than actual meaningful information, what's this distracting everyone from? I mean personally speaking, I couldn't give a rat's arse either way, but the sheer amount of hot air devoted to this is incredible. Has a bank failed or something?

Only a British owned one.

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 09:28 - Mar 13 with 1358 viewsJamesB1979

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 09:25 - Mar 13 by Esox_Lucius

Only a British owned one.

Silicon Valley??!? I presume you mean another bank?
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 09:33 - Mar 13 with 1336 viewsEsox_Lucius

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 09:28 - Mar 13 by JamesB1979

Silicon Valley??!? I presume you mean another bank?

No, HSBC have now offered to buy the British arm of SVB.
https://news.sky.com/story/hsbc-buys-silicon-valley-bank-12832697#:~:text=The%20

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 09:47 - Mar 13 with 1277 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 07:20 - Mar 13 by hubble

Got to say MOTD without the commentators and pundits was a breath of fresh air. Like a football match without time wasting. I could properly focus on the action with just the crowd noise to enhance it and no screaming hyperbole. This is how I'd like to view football highlights from now on, but sadly they're all due to return to their extremely overpaid jobs.

It's how I see it.

Far too many presnters and pundits f*cking up TV sport.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024