Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker 20:03 - Mar 14 with 12517 viewsKeithHaynes

At the game tonight.
Will get more on his motives before the end of the evening.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:10 - Mar 15 with 2057 viewsonehunglow

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 23:14 - Mar 14 by max936

He'll be here next season if we go down as well, he Martin says there's loads of work to do in the summer with lots coming in and a few going out, League One is the future,

We get relegated this year and continue to fall.
Why he c@not be sacked is very sinister

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:23 - Mar 15 with 2021 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 06:22 - Mar 15 by angryjack

Can't be that smart as the time was right weeks ago

But it clearly wasn’t, and still isn’t.

We need someone to replace him.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:28 - Mar 15 with 2022 viewsPawelAbbott

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:23 - Mar 15 by Dr_Parnassus

But it clearly wasn’t, and still isn’t.

We need someone to replace him.

There are loads of options available to replace him.
Most managers that come in are external. There are plenty to choose from. Most couldn't do any worse
Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:42 - Mar 15 with 2000 viewsscruffyjack

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 20:47 - Mar 14 by Whiterockin

That's down to no Sorinola and Latibeaudiere.

Spot on, neither are good enough at this level. Sorinola will return to his club and JL has thankfully turned down a new contract.
Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 09:08 - Mar 15 with 1926 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:28 - Mar 15 by PawelAbbott

Most managers that come in are external. There are plenty to choose from. Most couldn't do any worse

Like who?

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 09:24 - Mar 15 with 1918 viewsWhiterockin

IMO it is an excellent time to change the manager. After Sunday we have the international break for the new person to put his ideas into place. Then 8 games until the end of the season to assess the squad and what is required. After that a full summer to set up for next season. A perfect time.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 09:24 - Mar 15 with 1919 viewsguthrieintherain

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 09:08 - Mar 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Like who?

Slavan Billic for one he won't come to us though.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 09:25 - Mar 15 with 1907 viewsonehunglow

Like who?

Doesn’t matter who really.
It’s about ridding ourselves of HIM

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 09:44 - Mar 15 with 1875 viewsangryjack

Like who?

Are you serious mush..you think there no one better than this clown..give me s quarter his wages snd I'd get z tune out these players believe me..
Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 09:59 - Mar 15 with 1857 viewspencoedjack

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 22:59 - Mar 14 by guthrieintherain

Rumour is if he keeps us up will be offered a new contract

I cannot believe that is true.

Sack him after Sunday no matter what the result is & give a new gaffer time to prepare to smash the Basseys.

If Martin is at the helm they will beat us.
Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 10:43 - Mar 15 with 1810 viewsraynor94

Name one

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 11:09 - Mar 15 with 1773 viewswhiterock

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 09:59 - Mar 15 by pencoedjack

I cannot believe that is true.

Sack him after Sunday no matter what the result is & give a new gaffer time to prepare to smash the Basseys.

If Martin is at the helm they will beat us.

This'll be their fourth crack, not that I think he should stay
Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 11:13 - Mar 15 with 1760 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 09:44 - Mar 15 by angryjack

Are you serious mush..you think there no one better than this clown..give me s quarter his wages snd I'd get z tune out these players believe me..

Am I serious that I asked you for an example?

Yes, quite serious.

So that’s someone available, affordable and willing to come for 9 games.

Over to you.

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 11:44 - Mar 15 with 1714 viewsBadlands

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 10:43 - Mar 15 by raynor94

Name one

Frank de Boer, Marsch, Arveladze just three familiar names from over 100 unattached managers with career points averages of 1.5 per game.
And, I'm sure Osian Roberts would be a good option.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 12:14 - Mar 15 with 1658 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 11:44 - Mar 15 by Badlands

Frank de Boer, Marsch, Arveladze just three familiar names from over 100 unattached managers with career points averages of 1.5 per game.
And, I'm sure Osian Roberts would be a good option.

De Boer has been sacked 3 times in 4 years. Palace saw enough after 5 games.

Averladze was manager of Hull in the Championship who averaged 1.10 points per game. Including a 3-0 loss to us.

Marsch averages 0.90 points per game in English football and commands a salary in the millions. Can you imagine the uproar of them appointing an American manager?

This is why it’s best to wait.

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 12:30 - Mar 15 with 1639 viewsPawelAbbott

Like who?

We will be offering someone in the region of £10k a week and the opportunity to manage a team on the Championship with a reasonable budget.
The queue will be out the door, down the street and around the corner. There are loads of people with management aspirations who would jump at the chance.
Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 12:33 - Mar 15 with 1619 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 12:30 - Mar 15 by PawelAbbott

We will be offering someone in the region of £10k a week and the opportunity to manage a team on the Championship with a reasonable budget.
The queue will be out the door, down the street and around the corner. There are loads of people with management aspirations who would jump at the chance.

We don’t really want people with “managerial aspirations” though.

We want someone who can take this by the scruff of the neck and push this club forward. I don’t think we will be after another rookie.

Our next appointment is vital and can’t see it being another gamble or punt on someone untested.

I’m yet to see a name that I think would come for the remaining 9 games that would be worth causing disruption over. As bad as Russ is, I fully expect him to beat Huddersfield at our place and pick up a draw in one of the other 8 games.

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 12:50 - Mar 15 with 1590 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 12:33 - Mar 15 by Dr_Parnassus

We don’t really want people with “managerial aspirations” though.

We want someone who can take this by the scruff of the neck and push this club forward. I don’t think we will be after another rookie.

Our next appointment is vital and can’t see it being another gamble or punt on someone untested.

I’m yet to see a name that I think would come for the remaining 9 games that would be worth causing disruption over. As bad as Russ is, I fully expect him to beat Huddersfield at our place and pick up a draw in one of the other 8 games.

It is not often that I disagree with you Doc, but I do over this.
A new Manager should always have the opportunity to see his new squad players playing competitive football if they can as early as possible.
It is more enlightening than summer training & "friendlies"
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 12:52]
Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 12:59 - Mar 15 with 1570 viewsangryjack

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 11:13 - Mar 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Am I serious that I asked you for an example?

Yes, quite serious.

So that’s someone available, affordable and willing to come for 9 games.

Over to you.

That's why julienne winter is paid 500 grand a year,to look snc prepare give me his wages and I find one by this afternoon
Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 13:07 - Mar 15 with 1536 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 12:50 - Mar 15 by A_Fans_Dad

It is not often that I disagree with you Doc, but I do over this.
A new Manager should always have the opportunity to see his new squad players playing competitive football if they can as early as possible.
It is more enlightening than summer training & "friendlies"
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 12:52]

If there is one who is available who wants to come here then great.

My point is that it’s unlikely our long term manager just so happens to be ready to come in this situation and drop the project he’s on.

This next manager needs some serious thinking about. No point in rushing us into a corner when we are probably safe anyway and then being stuck with another manager who doesn’t fit the bill long term.

The names people are throwing about is desperation stuff. That’s not the type of decision I want made.

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 17:45 - Mar 15 with 1339 viewsmagicdaps10

The clown Kaplan was at the liberty today?
Few things going on is the line......not a clue what though.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 18:07 - Mar 15 with 1300 viewsDracan66

There's only one manager that can save the day... Brad Bobley.
Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 18:13 - Mar 15 with 1257 viewsvetchonian

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 17:45 - Mar 15 by magicdaps10

The clown Kaplan was at the liberty today?
Few things going on is the line......not a clue what though.

Without that "clown" we wouldnt have a football club

Some folks need to wake up and smell the coffee

Yes they have no emotional attachment as we fans do to the club but they have a huge financial interest....loading the club with debt is not of any use to anyone so they are trying to run things prudently....this upsets the fan base as it wants to see players being bought

Do the maths how much money does the club bring in in revenue....this is going to be well down this season should all the talk of non renewals of season tickets to be believed.

The whole country is in a cost of living crisis and all of us are suffering from huge increases in energy costs.......think the cost of the floodlights alone at the stadium ....without the costs of cooking etc and that is everyday at Fairwood.

Maybe he is looking at our current finances and discussing strategy with CEO.

Im no real fan of of our ownership but they are what we have and on the face of it appear to be running us on a sound financial footing.....unusual for most football clubs I know but without them where would we be I keep saying it they werent queuing around the block to buy us when this mob did from the sellouts

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 18:23 - Mar 15 with 1226 viewsonehunglow

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 18:13 - Mar 15 by vetchonian

Yes they have no emotional attachment as we fans do to the club but they have a huge financial interest....loading the club with debt is not of any use to anyone so they are trying to run things prudently....this upsets the fan base as it wants to see players being bought

Do the maths how much money does the club bring in in revenue....this is going to be well down this season should all the talk of non renewals of season tickets to be believed.

The whole country is in a cost of living crisis and all of us are suffering from huge increases in energy costs.......think the cost of the floodlights alone at the stadium ....without the costs of cooking etc and that is everyday at Fairwood.

Im no real fan of of our ownership but they are what we have and on the face of it appear to be running us on a sound financial footing.....unusual for most football clubs I know but without them where would we be I keep saying it they werent queuing around the block to buy us when this mob did from the sellouts

I disagree in a way vetch as I too believe we are run by clowns . Incredible they are successful businessmen as they lack foresight at a staggering level as regards the football business.
The January window should have seen us sack him and his putrid assistants .

The loss of revenue with relegation will be significant .

Martin shows no urgency and is complacent,as do the owners .

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 18:53 - Mar 15 with 1166 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 18:13 - Mar 15 by vetchonian

So without Steve Kaplan, we would have no football club!?

Yep, OK then 🙈

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024