Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker 20:03 - Mar 14 with 12518 viewsKeithHaynes

At the game tonight.
Will get more on his motives before the end of the evening.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 19:20 - Mar 15 with 1517 viewsguthrieintherain

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 18:53 - Mar 15 by magicdaps10

So without Steve Kaplan, we would have no football club!?

Yep, OK then 🙈

We are not Màn Utd Chelsea or Liverpool.

There are no mega rich owners who want to throw loads of cash at us.

If they pulled the plug now we would go into administration they are running the club in a sustainable way with some cash thrown in to help us along

Have even converted the debt to shares.

Who do you think is waiting to take over then.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 19:21]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 19:38 - Mar 15 with 1459 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 19:20 - Mar 15 by guthrieintherain

We are not Màn Utd Chelsea or Liverpool.

There are no mega rich owners who want to throw loads of cash at us.

If they pulled the plug now we would go into administration they are running the club in a sustainable way with some cash thrown in to help us along

Have even converted the debt to shares.

Who do you think is waiting to take over then.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 19:21]

There is 89 other football clubs in the UK who are not the 3 teams you mention......all have owners.

There are clubs all over the world with owners.

I am not asking for mega rich people, I am asking for people to show a little passion, interaction and now and again show their faces......not a lot to ask is it?

And as for saying that without Steve Kaplan we wouldn't have a football club, that suggestion is a little silly really.
If Kaplan hadn't come along to buy us then someone else would have, they could have been worse or they could have been better....we shall never know.

Lets not make out that Kaplan is our one and only saviour.
I have mentioned John Deere before, a Swansea fan with a lot of money but due to his age does not want to get involved. John Deere though, if we were facing total oblivion would step in for sure.......as would a one or 2 others.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 19:56 - Mar 15 with 1399 viewsReslovenSwan1

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 19:38 - Mar 15 by magicdaps10

There is 89 other football clubs in the UK who are not the 3 teams you mention......all have owners.

I am not asking for mega rich people, I am asking for people to show a little passion, interaction and now and again show their faces......not a lot to ask is it?

And as for saying that without Steve Kaplan we wouldn't have a football club, that suggestion is a little silly really.
If Kaplan hadn't come along to buy us then someone else would have, they could have been worse or they could have been better....we shall never know.

I have mentioned John Deere before, a Swansea fan with a lot of money but due to his age does not want to get involved. John Deere though, if we were facing total oblivion would step in for sure.......as would a one or 2 others.

You have very low standards if all you want is a little passion and show their faces now and again.

Silverstein has done that and spent a good few ,months in Swansea and even interacted on line. He has put in £5m of his own money. I give my thanks. You are not impressed. £120m like Steve Gibson that gains thanks.

There is no evidence that someone else would have bought Swansea if Kaplan did not. Swansea would still be owned by an increasingly demoralised ex board keen to get out and probably already in league 1.

The US people have slowed down the decline and gone reasonable close to a return to the Premier league.

Martin has put complete faith in his system backing low quality player like Latibeaudiere to flourish in it.

How using up the budget on mid table MK Dons league 1 players has not created a successful team in the Championship . It has not worked. Why would it.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 19:59 - Mar 15 with 1388 viewsvetchonian

so where was John Deere at the time the club was available for £1.....where were the queues of potential buyers when we were up for sale as

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 20:21 - Mar 15 with 1336 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 19:59 - Mar 15 by vetchonian

so where was John Deere at the time the club was available for £1.....where were the queues of potential buyers when we were up for sale as

Where was Kaplan when it was available for £1.

Another nonsense example given.

The clubs a different option to what it was then, the success and Premier league brought new avenues.

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 21:14 - Mar 15 with 1251 viewsmax936

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 17:45 - Mar 15 by magicdaps10

The clown Kaplan was at the liberty today?
Few things going on is the line......not a clue what though.

Sacking that useless article Winter hopefully, he can put Martin in his suitcase to take with him too.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 21:16 - Mar 15 with 1232 viewsDr_Parnassus

It’s fashionable to slate your owners if they are from America.

The thing with the fashionable opinion, it’s often wrong.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 21:18 - Mar 15 with 1227 viewsunion_jack

John Deere??

I’m digging that😁

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 21:23 - Mar 15 with 1215 viewsvetchonian

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 20:21 - Mar 15 by magicdaps10

Where was Kaplan when it was available for £1.

Another nonsense example given.

The clubs a different option to what it was then, the success and Premier league brought new avenues.

So where were the queues to buy us when Kaplan and Levian et al bought us? As you say the PL opened up new avenues yet as i said they werent queueing around the block when the sellouts put us up for sale

By the way Kaplan is no longer a person with significant control see below info available form Companies House

1 active person with significant control / 0 active statements

Mr Jason Levien ACTIVE
Correspondence address
Swansea.Com Stadium, Landore, Swansea, Wales, SA1 2FA
Notified on
22 July 2016
Date of birth
May 1971
Nationality
American
Country of residence
United States
Nature of control
Has significant influence or control
Mr Stephen Kaplan CEASED
Correspondence address
The Liberty Stadium, Landore, Swansea, SA1 2FA
Notified on
22 July 2016
Ceased on
21 September 2020
Date of birth
October 1958
Nationality
American
Country of residence
United States
Nature of control
Has significant influence or control

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 21:29 - Mar 15 with 1189 viewsReslovenSwan1

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 21:16 - Mar 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Jake Silverstein is a Yank .Rob McElhenney is just a great guy.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 21:58 - Mar 15 with 1133 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 21:29 - Mar 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Jake Silverstein is a Yank .Rob McElhenney is just a great guy.

It’s embarrassing, put Kaplan in a Spider-Man outfit and crack a few jokes and he would become a hero.

The truth is, put what the Wrexham owners have put in up against what our owners have, and it would look like Leon Britton up against Andre the Giant. Zero contest.

At the moment they are being used as a vessel to shift blame from those not quite ready to admit they got sucked in by “the process”.

The process is very much alive, but it’s not Russell’s process, it’s Swansea’s process and Russell is one link in a massive chain and it’s about time to move onto the next.

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 23:01 - Mar 15 with 1043 viewsTreforys_Jack

John Deere, that's a bit bizarre.
Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 23:39 - Mar 15 with 991 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 23:01 - Mar 15 by Treforys_Jack

John Deere, that's a bit bizarre.

Why? Because he died about 150 years ago you mean?

Just roll your eyes at him.

He probably means John Deer formerly of Renishaw, who isn’t a football fan in the slightest, he’s a racehorse enthusiast.

[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 23:43]

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 06:19 - Mar 16 with 863 viewsPawelAbbott

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 21:58 - Mar 15 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s embarrassing, put Kaplan in a Spider-Man outfit and crack a few jokes and he would become a hero.

The truth is, put what the Wrexham owners have put in up against what our owners have, and it would look like Leon Britton up against Andre the Giant. Zero contest.

At the moment they are being used as a vessel to shift blame from those not quite ready to admit they got sucked in by “the process”.

The process is very much alive, but it’s not Russell’s process, it’s Swansea’s process and Russell is one link in a massive chain and it’s about time to move onto the next.

Ryan Reynolds is hundreds of times wealthier than our owners.
He just sold 1 of his businesses for over a billion and he had about 40% ownership of it.
Kaplan and Silverstein have about £20m between them.
Unfortunately our owners are low rate business men trying to make a few quid from owning sports teams that they know nothing about.
The Wrexham owners have raised the clubs profile to enormous levels. Ours have sunk us to the foot of the Championship. I don't see Netflix rushing to make a series about us
Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 07:28 - Mar 16 with 810 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 06:19 - Mar 16 by PawelAbbott

Ryan Reynolds is hundreds of times wealthier than our owners.
He just sold 1 of his businesses for over a billion and he had about 40% ownership of it.
Kaplan and Silverstein have about £20m between them.
Unfortunately our owners are low rate business men trying to make a few quid from owning sports teams that they know nothing about.
The Wrexham owners have raised the clubs profile to enormous levels. Ours have sunk us to the foot of the Championship. I don't see Netflix rushing to make a series about us

Even the smallest Googling session would prove that to be utter nonsense.

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 07:36 - Mar 16 with 799 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kaplan is a founder member of Oaktree Capital, alongside Howard Marks and Bruce Karsh.

They have a net worth of about 2.2 BILLION each.

I’ll let you Google what DC United is worth…

Mr Deadpool is a minnow… but he makes Tik-Toks I suppose.

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 07:40 - Mar 16 with 793 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 23:39 - Mar 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Why? Because he died about 150 years ago you mean?

Just roll your eyes at him.

He probably means John Deer formerly of Renishaw, who isn’t a football fan in the slightest, he’s a racehorse enthusiast.

[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 23:43]

Couldn't tell you about the horses but John has a box down the stadium and has done for a few good years.

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 07:42 - Mar 16 with 790 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 07:40 - Mar 16 by magicdaps10

Couldn't tell you about the horses but John has a box down the stadium and has done for a few good years.

I can tell you about them, I know first hand his love of horses.

Whether he has a corporate box or not is not something I would know or have asked. What I do know however is he doesn’t like football.

So your knight in shining armour is going to have to come from somewhere else.

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 07:48 - Mar 16 with 788 viewsBoundy

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 21:16 - Mar 15 by Dr_Parnassus

It could be be if over the years we had ,had many , we haven't so it's not really , it's just supporters expressing an opinion be it russian Welsh etc , or had you forgotten the Judas chants

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 07:53 - Mar 16 with 785 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 07:42 - Mar 16 by Dr_Parnassus

I can tell you about them, I know first hand his love of horses.

Whether he has a corporate box or not is not something I would know or have asked. What I do know however is he doesn’t like football.

So your knight in shining armour is going to have to come from somewhere else.

He does like his football, Swans fan.

Stated before that he has no interest in buying the Swans due to his age, he would have certainly reconsidered if he had any kids who were willing to get involved but at his stage in life, he wouldn't want the hassle.
My lot speak to him at most home games, a very nice chap and down to earth, not a guy you would think has tonnes of money but most people I meet who have money are not like that from my experience.

I know Martin Morgan is keeping an eye on the situation, not had much from him lately as he is out in Cambodia(if my memory serves me right) but if there was any real scope then he would be back in with the Swans in a heartbeat.

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 07:55 - Mar 16 with 781 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 07:48 - Mar 16 by Boundy

It could be be if over the years we had ,had many , we haven't so it's not really , it's just supporters expressing an opinion be it russian Welsh etc , or had you forgotten the Judas chants

Remember the circle sit down at the Vetch.

Sat in the centre circle chanting "DOUGIE, DOUGIE, DOUGIE, OUT, OUT, OUT"

He had some stick, can't remember if he was from Kansas or Killay 😂

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:12 - Mar 16 with 746 viewsBoundy

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 07:55 - Mar 16 by magicdaps10

Ah yes , Aptly named , sold fax machines as a side line didn't he

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:14 - Mar 16 with 743 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 07:53 - Mar 16 by magicdaps10

He does like his football, Swans fan.

Stated before that he has no interest in buying the Swans due to his age, he would have certainly reconsidered if he had any kids who were willing to get involved but at his stage in life, he wouldn't want the hassle.
My lot speak to him at most home games, a very nice chap and down to earth, not a guy you would think has tonnes of money but most people I meet who have money are not like that from my experience.

I know Martin Morgan is keeping an eye on the situation, not had much from him lately as he is out in Cambodia(if my memory serves me right) but if there was any real scope then he would be back in with the Swans in a heartbeat.

Then your knowledge of him and mine are poles apart and I have a load of experience with him. I will most certainly assume mine is correct considering you originally listed him as John Deere the tractor owner.

Martin Morgan owned the club once and put zero of his own money in.

Why would you want him again?

These owners have put more of their own money in than anyone in our history. Maybe it’s about time you just fess up that the nonsense about transition and process was exactly what many of us said it was?

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:14 - Mar 16 with 745 viewsPawelAbbott

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 07:28 - Mar 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Even the smallest Googling session would prove that to be utter nonsense.

There was a list of Championship owners printed in one if the papers a little while back. It had the Swans owners as the poorest owners in the division. £20m between them.
And if you are saying that they are filthy rich, then that makes the whole situation of them barely having a penny to invest all the more ridiculous. Then they are clearly running the Clun into nothing
Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:15 - Mar 16 with 741 viewsvetchonian

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 07:55 - Mar 16 by magicdaps10

and look what resulted in

first the Michael Thompson Kevin Cullis fiasco and the the Silver Shield and Ninth floor years leading us to Petty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024