Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker 20:03 - Mar 14 with 12520 viewsKeithHaynes

At the game tonight.
Will get more on his motives before the end of the evening.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:17 - Mar 16 with 1804 viewsPawelAbbott

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 07:36 - Mar 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Kaplan is a founder member of Oaktree Capital, alongside Howard Marks and Bruce Karsh.

They have a net worth of about 2.2 BILLION each.

I’ll let you Google what DC United is worth…

Mr Deadpool is a minnow… but he makes Tik-Toks I suppose.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/us-news/wrexham-owner-ryan-reynolds-sells-29466

There you go Mr Google.
Ryan Reynolds is worth close to $1bn

Mr Kaplan couldn't even come close. Nor his little buddy Silverstein.
Small fry jokers
Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:17 - Mar 16 with 1804 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:14 - Mar 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Then your knowledge of him and mine are poles apart and I have a load of experience with him. I will most certainly assume mine is correct considering you originally listed him as John Deere the tractor owner.

Martin Morgan owned the club once and put zero of his own money in.

Why would you want him again?

These owners have put more of their own money in than anyone in our history. Maybe it’s about time you just fess up that the nonsense about transition and process was exactly what many of us said it was?

Clearly not enough experience if you didn't know he had a box at the club you support.

I didn't say I wanted Morgan in.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:19 - Mar 16 with 1788 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:14 - Mar 16 by PawelAbbott

There was a list of Championship owners printed in one if the papers a little while back. It had the Swans owners as the poorest owners in the division. £20m between them.
And if you are saying that they are filthy rich, then that makes the whole situation of them barely having a penny to invest all the more ridiculous. Then they are clearly running the Clun into nothing

…..and you believe everything you read?

As I said, even a mild Google search will put you on the right track without having to read a poorly put together and researched piece in one of the red tops.

They have put millions in, £16m so far. Not sure what you mean by “barely having a penny to invest”.

That is more than any owners in our 111 year history… COMBINED.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:26 - Mar 16 with 1770 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:17 - Mar 16 by PawelAbbott

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/us-news/wrexham-owner-ryan-reynolds-sells-29466

There you go Mr Google.

Small fry jokers

Which part of “the founders of Oaktree Capital are worth $2 BILLION+” are you having issues with?

And did you Google how much DC United was worth?

I can help.

https://www.sportico.com/leagues/soccer/2022/dc-united-valued-800-million-minori

Ryan Reynolds estimated net worth is about $300m, after the sale of the company. If he keeps saving and puts every penny he has together, he may be able to buy HALF of DC United.

Maybe he can put some signed Deadpool masks on eBay?

Why some are so desperate to put our owners down I’m not quite sure.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 8:36]

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:29 - Mar 16 with 1767 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:17 - Mar 16 by magicdaps10

Clearly not enough experience if you didn't know he had a box at the club you support.

I didn't say I wanted Morgan in.

He may well have a corporate box, many companies own boxes at sporting venues. On my latest trip to the States I was in MSG and Allegiant Stadium in the corporate boxes, I can’t say I know anyone who supports the Raiders or the Knicks though.

You said you wanted new owners. Pointed to a bloke that died 150 years ago and someone who hasn’t spent a penny of his own money on us as a club, only in personal shares.

But whatever makes you happy deflecting from the fact you got it all wrong.

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 09:08 - Mar 16 with 1719 viewsvetchonian

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 19:38 - Mar 15 by magicdaps10

There is 89 other football clubs in the UK who are not the 3 teams you mention......all have owners.

There are clubs all over the world with owners.

I am not asking for mega rich people, I am asking for people to show a little passion, interaction and now and again show their faces......not a lot to ask is it?

And as for saying that without Steve Kaplan we wouldn't have a football club, that suggestion is a little silly really.
If Kaplan hadn't come along to buy us then someone else would have, they could have been worse or they could have been better....we shall never know.

Lets not make out that Kaplan is our one and only saviour.
I have mentioned John Deere before, a Swansea fan with a lot of money but due to his age does not want to get involved. John Deere though, if we were facing total oblivion would step in for sure.......as would a one or 2 others.

I suspect your Mr Deer is a recent convert to us since the PL days or why else didnt he step in when we were at the point of oblivion in Petty's time

That said though what makes you think any successful astute business person would run things any differently...look at Alan Sugar a spurs fan who took over the club but ran it in a true business like manner the spurs fans soon lost faith in him despite saving the club from a potential takeover by Robert Maxwell.
Maybe the Day family could take over local with a box what do you think

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 10:44 - Mar 16 with 1630 viewsReslovenSwan1

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:17 - Mar 16 by PawelAbbott

There you go Mr Google.

Small fry jokers

You are cluesless if you call them small fry. Kaplan was a founder member of Oakland and it was sold for a whopping $5.5b billion. That would be cash. Not equity valuation.

He has that too along with Levien DC being valued at over $600m. Compared to welsh bigs shots that go nowhere near Swansea city he would be top 5-10 at a guess.

There is no issue of commitment to me as they are putting the cash on the line. The question is not whether they have invested but how they have invested

Football fan do not care much about the detail M'Boro love Steve Gibson for investing £120m of his own money very badly. He is flavour of the month but that ill not last.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 19:23]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 10:45 - Mar 16 with 1623 viewsonehunglow

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 10:44 - Mar 16 by ReslovenSwan1

You are cluesless if you call them small fry. Kaplan was a founder member of Oakland and it was sold for a whopping $5.5b billion. That would be cash. Not equity valuation.

He has that too along with Levien DC being valued at over $600m. Compared to welsh bigs shots that go nowhere near Swansea city he would be top 5-10 at a guess.

There is no issue of commitment to me as they are putting the cash on the line. The question is not whether they have invested but how they have invested

Football fan do not care much about the detail M'Boro love Steve Gibson for investing £120m of his own money very badly. He is flavour of the month but that ill not last.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 19:23]

It makes their lack of foresight even more remarkable .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 14:06 - Mar 16 with 1469 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 17:45 - Mar 15 by magicdaps10

The clown Kaplan was at the liberty today?
Few things going on is the line......not a clue what though.

Clown is still in town.

Really hoping he has the guts to stick around until Sunday but we all know that there will be a business meeting he has to miss the match for.

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 15:19 - Mar 16 with 1388 viewsguthrieintherain

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 14:06 - Mar 16 by magicdaps10

Clown is still in town.

Really hoping he has the guts to stick around until Sunday but we all know that there will be a business meeting he has to miss the match for.

Meeting been going on today according to the other site.

Something big is on the horizon I think.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 15:23 - Mar 16 with 1376 viewsWhiterockin

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 15:19 - Mar 16 by guthrieintherain

Discussing next summers targets that won't be happening.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 15:24 - Mar 16 with 1376 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 15:19 - Mar 16 by guthrieintherain

I was told he was at the stadium yesterday as I put on this post yesterday and heard he is still in the City today.

Not sure what's happening if anything but hoping he is here for the game Sunday.

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 15:26 - Mar 16 with 1372 viewsguthrieintherain

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 15:23 - Mar 16 by Whiterockin

Discussing next summers targets that won't be happening.

Can discuss them over zoom.

We need a few in or will be joining the 7 a side league.

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 18:32 - Mar 16 with 1194 viewseddie71

Whatever money they may or may not have is immaterial to me.

What is material is that they club has gone backwards year on year under thier ownership. What is the plan the Steve to turn this around? Or must we continue to adjust our expectations downs is success now staying out of league 1?
Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 18:35 - Mar 16 with 1188 viewsmax936

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 18:32 - Mar 16 by eddie71

What is material is that they club has gone backwards year on year under thier ownership. What is the plan the Steve to turn this around? Or must we continue to adjust our expectations downs is success now staying out of league 1?

They're taking us to the next level!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 18:59 - Mar 16 with 1168 viewsBadlands

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 18:32 - Mar 16 by eddie71

2019 10th
2020 6th (semi final playoff)
2021 4th (final playoff)
So we didn’t go backwards year on year under thier ownership!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 19:18 - Mar 16 with 1119 viewseddie71

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 18:59 - Mar 16 by Badlands

2019 10th
2021 4th (final playoff)

Not going back to the premiership days then.
We seemed to have ignored last season too.
Ok I will play along not every year has seen the league position get worse,
How has the trajectory been under thier ownership then? If pedantry is your best defence.
Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 19:26 - Mar 16 with 1109 viewsBoundy

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 08:19 - Mar 16 by Dr_Parnassus

…..and you believe everything you read?

As I said, even a mild Google search will put you on the right track without having to read a poorly put together and researched piece in one of the red tops.

They have put millions in, £16m so far. Not sure what you mean by “barely having a penny to invest”.

That is more than any owners in our 111 year history… COMBINED.

You seem to

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 19:36 - Mar 16 with 1082 viewsBoundy

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 18:59 - Mar 16 by Badlands

2019 10th
2021 4th (final playoff)

Now try comparing squads then and their value to now, I think you'll find a vast discrepency ,we're now shopping in Poundland for managers and players and it shows

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 19:38 - Mar 16 with 1081 viewsReslovenSwan1

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 06:22 - Mar 15 by angryjack

Can't be that smart as the time was right weeks ago

In my opinion a top quality manager in the style of Brendan for example would identify the teams shortcoming and resolve them with this squad. It requires pragmatism. Some teams will be coasting and Martin should get a win or two from mid table teams in a relaxed frame of mind.

Kaplan might tell Martin he has support but the expect to see something from him with this squad. particularity with respect stiffening up the defence. Moving Darling to Full back was the type of adaptation I would expect to see. Sorinola is not suited to a big scrap. Bring Naugton back in move Manning to midfield for example as an attacking minded midfielder.

Sages on here (who know a lot more than me) tell me the team is not set up properly and Martinball cannot work. A respected consultant might agree with them. Someone like Guidoloin is in this mould. He has links to the club. Martinball must be audited and amended or ditched.

Martin is struggling to make it work with the squad he started the season with. Talk of "big changes in the summer" tells me Martin is blaming his players. So why was he happy with the squad at the start of the season? Time for the collar to be felt. He has to justify his methods.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 19:50 - Mar 16 with 1052 viewsguthrieintherain

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 19:38 - Mar 16 by ReslovenSwan1

In my opinion a top quality manager in the style of Brendan for example would identify the teams shortcoming and resolve them with this squad. It requires pragmatism. Some teams will be coasting and Martin should get a win or two from mid table teams in a relaxed frame of mind.

Kaplan might tell Martin he has support but the expect to see something from him with this squad. particularity with respect stiffening up the defence. Moving Darling to Full back was the type of adaptation I would expect to see. Sorinola is not suited to a big scrap. Bring Naugton back in move Manning to midfield for example as an attacking minded midfielder.

Sages on here (who know a lot more than me) tell me the team is not set up properly and Martinball cannot work. A respected consultant might agree with them. Someone like Guidoloin is in this mould. He has links to the club. Martinball must be audited and amended or ditched.

Martin is struggling to make it work with the squad he started the season with. Talk of "big changes in the summer" tells me Martin is blaming his players. So why was he happy with the squad at the start of the season? Time for the collar to be felt. He has to justify his methods.

Good post Martin has used every excuse in the book.

Young players
Small squad
Smaller budget than most in the league
Crowd causing anxiety
Long bus journeys
Patterson for the Millwall collapse at home.
Blamed himself for messing up the subs against Brum.

He must lay awake at night thinking of new ones.
Nobody listens now though.

Lose Sunday and I think he will be gone.

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 20:41 - Mar 16 with 975 viewsDr_Winston

Kaplan might not have an official place in the decision making process, but as the single largest shareholder and major cash behind the club you'd be a fool to think that his opinion doesn't carry significant weight.

American sports don't tend to operate in the same way as European ones. It's unusual for a "Head Coach" to lose their job mid season in any of the top North American leagues no matter how miserable a time they're having. Most hiring and firing takes place in the close season.

It's possible that there's a bit of that happening here, no matter how obvious it is to most that Martin is taking us nowhere.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 20:54 - Mar 16 with 931 viewsKeithHaynes

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 20:41 - Mar 16 by Dr_Winston

Kaplan might not have an official place in the decision making process, but as the single largest shareholder and major cash behind the club you'd be a fool to think that his opinion doesn't carry significant weight.

American sports don't tend to operate in the same way as European ones. It's unusual for a "Head Coach" to lose their job mid season in any of the top North American leagues no matter how miserable a time they're having. Most hiring and firing takes place in the close season.

It's possible that there's a bit of that happening here, no matter how obvious it is to most that Martin is taking us nowhere.

Sorry mate but Kaplan is the final word, he is the decision maker 100%.

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 20:57 - Mar 16 with 925 viewsDr_Winston

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 20:54 - Mar 16 by KeithHaynes

Sorry mate but Kaplan is the final word, he is the decision maker 100%.

Basically what I said?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 20:57 - Mar 16 with 919 viewsKeithHaynes

Steve Kaplan the main Swansea decision maker on 20:57 - Mar 16 by Dr_Winston

Basically what I said?

I agree 😤 but doesn’t have a significant place in the decision making process ?
He has the last word. Every time.

This post has been edited by an administrator

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024