Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
59 pts 22:07 - Apr 19 with 2194 viewsRhonnda_Jack

I'm left with a case of the what's ifs it's hard work.
Anyone know the difference of per place for the prize money? 🤔.
59 pts on 22:59 - Apr 19 with 2088 viewsReslovenSwan1

Martin can beat last years 61 points and demonstrate progress. This is without Obafemi Christie and Wolf who were expensive.

Wise sage since Toshack era

59 pts on 23:23 - Apr 19 with 2057 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Very little money for finishing position in the EFL.
The winners get £100,000
RU get £50,000
Last team get £7,000.

Each position is worth about £2,000

Most of the money they get is shared on an equal basis with teams who host sky match get £100,000 I think.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

59 pts on 08:06 - Apr 20 with 1915 viewsWhiterockin

59 pts on 23:23 - Apr 19 by felixstowe_jack

Very little money for finishing position in the EFL.
The winners get £100,000
RU get £50,000
Last team get £7,000.

Each position is worth about £2,000

Most of the money they get is shared on an equal basis with teams who host sky match get £100,000 I think.

If we had been closer to the top or bottom this season we would have had more sky matches obviously. This is where the money is.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

59 pts on 10:13 - Apr 20 with 1840 viewscontroversial_jack

59 pts on 22:59 - Apr 19 by ReslovenSwan1

Martin can beat last years 61 points and demonstrate progress. This is without Obafemi Christie and Wolf who were expensive.

If he does beat it slightly, it's hardly an indication of progress after 2 seasons. We had 80 points the season before him. Mediocrity is all he has brought
59 pts on 10:27 - Apr 20 with 1836 viewsFireboy2

59 pts on 10:13 - Apr 20 by controversial_jack

If he does beat it slightly, it's hardly an indication of progress after 2 seasons. We had 80 points the season before him. Mediocrity is all he has brought

Mediocrity eh?

Imo he's done ok, yes he has p!ssed around with the defence which has probably cost us a play off spot BUT hex a young manager learning his trade and he unlike Potter and cooper has had to work with little money as the parachute payments have gone.

Imo this latest purple patch has shown that he has the promise to take the team further, I was watching the players after the game last night and every player he congratulated had a big smile, they all seem to be behind him, I just hope that the owners back him in the summer by making sure that firstly we keep piroe and manning plus getting 2 rapid wing backs, if that happens we will definitely be in the play offs as our defence seems to have sorted their teething problems out.
59 pts on 12:00 - Apr 20 with 1767 viewsBryanSwan

59 pts on 10:27 - Apr 20 by Fireboy2

Mediocrity eh?

Imo he's done ok, yes he has p!ssed around with the defence which has probably cost us a play off spot BUT hex a young manager learning his trade and he unlike Potter and cooper has had to work with little money as the parachute payments have gone.

Imo this latest purple patch has shown that he has the promise to take the team further, I was watching the players after the game last night and every player he congratulated had a big smile, they all seem to be behind him, I just hope that the owners back him in the summer by making sure that firstly we keep piroe and manning plus getting 2 rapid wing backs, if that happens we will definitely be in the play offs as our defence seems to have sorted their teething problems out.

We have played well in spells under Martin, unfortunately the fact we barely won a game between October and March has proved decisive. Winning games at this point just proves that he has had the players all along and p'd it up the wall.
Incredibly frustrating given the lack of quality in the league this year.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

59 pts on 12:09 - Apr 20 with 1760 viewsFireboy2

59 pts on 12:00 - Apr 20 by BryanSwan

We have played well in spells under Martin, unfortunately the fact we barely won a game between October and March has proved decisive. Winning games at this point just proves that he has had the players all along and p'd it up the wall.
Incredibly frustrating given the lack of quality in the league this year.

So he hasn't brought mediocrity then?
59 pts on 12:44 - Apr 20 with 1727 viewsSTID2017

Great to see the team climbing the table.
Flies in the face of the moaners who constantly decried him especially Dr P, who still is only praising him grudgingly

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

59 pts on 13:03 - Apr 20 with 1709 viewsBryanSwan

59 pts on 12:09 - Apr 20 by Fireboy2

So he hasn't brought mediocrity then?

Depends on your view really, but we will be finishing in a pretty mediocre position in the league.

Just wish Martin would've found his coaching textbook in December, would've been right up there in the playoffs. His refusal to adapt and change from his system killed any hope for this season.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

59 pts on 15:53 - Apr 20 with 1630 viewskrunchykarrot

59 pts on 10:27 - Apr 20 by Fireboy2

Mediocrity eh?

Agree completely, however i must also put blame on some of the unaceptable errors from pro-players which have cost us a playoff place. This is not down to coaching and i hope that the players have learned from them which recent performances suggest. Add some pace and as you quote we could be in a good place next season. Not sure about Manning though, he will get a bump in wages as he is out of contract taking him out of clubs wage bracket.
59 pts on 17:03 - Apr 20 with 1614 viewsFireboy2

59 pts on 13:03 - Apr 20 by BryanSwan

Depends on your view really, but we will be finishing in a pretty mediocre position in the league.

Just wish Martin would've found his coaching textbook in December, would've been right up there in the playoffs. His refusal to adapt and change from his system killed any hope for this season.

Agreed on Martin's stubborness but it could be worse we could be cardiff, struggling season after season, changing mangers regularly and only going to get worse, whilst we imo are going to get better.
59 pts on 17:15 - Apr 20 with 1605 viewsSullutaCreturned

8 more points, that's all we need to be in a play off spot as the table stands. That puts the 4 wins in 22 into clear perspective. All those points we threw away, all those games where we played pedestrian football across our own box.

It's a rubbish division this year, being in mid table is mediocre and we could and should have done better with this squad.
59 pts on 20:10 - Apr 21 with 1479 viewsmax936

59 pts on 17:15 - Apr 20 by SullutaCreturned

8 more points, that's all we need to be in a play off spot as the table stands. That puts the 4 wins in 22 into clear perspective. All those points we threw away, all those games where we played pedestrian football across our own box.

It's a rubbish division this year, being in mid table is mediocre and we could and should have done better with this squad.

Can't see the teams above dropping the points we need to jump above them though.

Looks like the championship could be far tougher next season with the quality of the teams likely to drop down from Premier league and come up from League One.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

59 pts on 20:25 - Apr 21 with 1476 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

59 pts on 20:10 - Apr 21 by max936

Can't see the teams above dropping the points we need to jump above them though.

Looks like the championship could be far tougher next season with the quality of the teams likely to drop down from Premier league and come up from League One.

Yeah the playoffs are gone. The maximum points we can get is 68 and the teams in 5th and 6th only really need one win and a draw to get to that and we also have a crap goal difference. I suppose we can always hope for a miracle but the fat tart is already warming up her vocal chords.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

59 pts on 20:38 - Apr 21 with 1446 viewsmax936

59 pts on 20:25 - Apr 21 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Yeah the playoffs are gone. The maximum points we can get is 68 and the teams in 5th and 6th only really need one win and a draw to get to that and we also have a crap goal difference. I suppose we can always hope for a miracle but the fat tart is already warming up her vocal chords.

I think where we are geographically and as a club in general, I think us being a mid-table team with the odd dalliance with the play off spots, is probably our lot if we are being honest.

That could change with the recruitment team spotting talent for and getting those players in on the cheap and getting the best out of them could change that, but we'd probably see those ones that look to be standouts, that seems to be the philosophy at the club these days, a stark change from Martinez days which was then improved on by Brendan who built up from the foundations built by Martinez and then Laudrup who raised the bar higher again!

59 pts on 20:46 - Apr 21 with 1431 viewsvetchonian

59 pts on 12:44 - Apr 20 by STID2017

Great to see the team climbing the table.
Flies in the face of the moaners who constantly decried him especially Dr P, who still is only praising him grudgingly

so yes it's great to see us winning after that run of only 4 wins in 22....most of the recent success has been against clubs at the foot of the division Preston excluded though second half we lost our way until Piroe added the fourth.

I'm not sure how this flies in the face of the "moaners" such as me when mostnif these games Russ has switched to a back four from 3 at the back and we have looked to attack more.
let's see how we fare against Norwich Hull and WBA..I have given Russ credit of late and if things continue I will continue to do so.
Recent results show he has always had the players capable of playing good football despite many of his sip6saying otherwise.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

59 pts on 21:01 - Apr 21 with 1398 viewsonehunglow

59 pts on 20:38 - Apr 21 by max936

I think where we are geographically and as a club in general, I think us being a mid-table team with the odd dalliance with the play off spots, is probably our lot if we are being honest.

That could change with the recruitment team spotting talent for and getting those players in on the cheap and getting the best out of them could change that, but we'd probably see those ones that look to be standouts, that seems to be the philosophy at the club these days, a stark change from Martinez days which was then improved on by Brendan who built up from the foundations built by Martinez and then Laudrup who raised the bar higher again!

Geographically ,it means Swansea has a huge catchment area.
Been in rural Salop this week.
The Wolves are massive here ,all over the county.

Shropshire faces Wolverhampton is the same way west and mid Wales face Swansea .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

59 pts on 21:09 - Apr 21 with 1368 viewsmax936

59 pts on 21:01 - Apr 21 by onehunglow

Shropshire faces Wolverhampton is the same way west and mid Wales face Swansea .

You should have popped down to see me in Dudley musher

59 pts on 21:13 - Apr 21 with 1369 viewsWhiterockin

59 pts on 21:01 - Apr 21 by onehunglow

Costal towns have a reduced catchment area because 50% is not approachable because of the sea. Then you take the north of swansea, beyond about 15 miles is rural and sparsely populated. So not the same as Wolverhampton.

The Black Country has a population of 1.3M.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 21:17]

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024