Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... 18:51 - Feb 22 with 2541 viewstheloneranger

"Liam Walsh may have played his last game for Swansea City after suffering a fresh setback in his latest bid to return from injury."

"The forward is yet to play a single minute under Luke Williams having suffered a calf problem in the win over West Bromwich Albion on New Year's Day, the latest in a long line of injury problems during his time in south Wales."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-star-pla

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 19:18 - Feb 22 with 1658 viewsonehunglow

A player who got a decent living out if our club fir lying on a physio bench .
Has to be said,all things considered,our worst ever buy

He really should have retired of his own volition and started training for a proper job.
I’ve little sympathy for him.

Many lose their jobs ,many unable to work through illness

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 19:19 - Feb 22 with 1661 viewsmax936

Its a massive shame for such a talented player and play maker, it seems that he's very unlikely to maintain a consistent run in the team due to injuries, reading that article it seems likely that a lot of it could be in his mind, he feels a twinge and that's him done.

Daniel Sturridge springs to mind who seemed to have a similar problem, its a difficult situation for any manager and the medical staff to know what to do for the best.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 19:34 - Feb 22 with 1647 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s been evident over the past sixteen months. He won’t get a contract at Swansea come the summer.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 19:52 - Feb 22 with 1610 viewsReslovenSwan1

I noted Tom Carroll as a similarly plagued midfielder at Swansea. He is career was wrecked. He took the decision to have a complete year long break. This might have seen him hang up his boots.

He has however defined the odds and come back for Exeter City having played 34 games this season. No injured at all as far as I am aware.

The year long break certainly helped him. Sometime rest is all that is needed. Bravo Tom. Still only 31.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tom-carroll/profil/spieler/121279
[Post edited 22 Feb 19:54]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 20:09 - Feb 22 with 1578 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s odd, nobody mentions Dean Saunders, Terry Phelan, Frank Lampard, John Salako or the original Joe Allon.
There’s a whole load more.

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 20:28 - Feb 22 with 1538 viewsDr_Winston

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 19:19 - Feb 22 by max936

Its a massive shame for such a talented player and play maker, it seems that he's very unlikely to maintain a consistent run in the team due to injuries, reading that article it seems likely that a lot of it could be in his mind, he feels a twinge and that's him done.

Daniel Sturridge springs to mind who seemed to have a similar problem, its a difficult situation for any manager and the medical staff to know what to do for the best.

This is the more mature and sensible response rather than the usual hate filled one from elsewhere.

Walsh is clearly a talented player but unfortunately too fragile genetically to sustain the rigours of professional football at this level. The way some people carry on you'd swear that he chooses to be injured.

Where some people like Grimes and Ashley Williams can run through brick walls and come out without a scratch, others aren't so fortunate. It's a reason for sympathy rather than spite.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 20:28 - Feb 22 with 1554 viewsmax936

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 20:09 - Feb 22 by KeithHaynes

It’s odd, nobody mentions Dean Saunders, Terry Phelan, Frank Lampard, John Salako or the original Joe Allon.
There’s a whole load more.

Never thought of those players to be honest, as I think Walsh's issues seems to mirrors Sturridge's to me, although Sturridge did achieve a hell of a lot in his career, but he did have the benefit of playing for a club with far more riches than Swansea, with probably more advanced medical professionals etc.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 20:35 - Feb 22 with 1538 viewsRhonddaSwans

Last game?

Don't be silly he will get a 2/3 year contract in the summer

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Login to get fewer ads

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 22:54 - Feb 22 with 1475 viewsonehunglow

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 20:28 - Feb 22 by Dr_Winston

This is the more mature and sensible response rather than the usual hate filled one from elsewhere.

Walsh is clearly a talented player but unfortunately too fragile genetically to sustain the rigours of professional football at this level. The way some people carry on you'd swear that he chooses to be injured.

Where some people like Grimes and Ashley Williams can run through brick walls and come out without a scratch, others aren't so fortunate. It's a reason for sympathy rather than spite.

Hate filled.?
Really.
It’s getting tedious

Walsh has done just fine out of us . No need for tiny tears ,nor the snide remarks that so poison your otherwise aposite comments when you stick to a thread

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 22:59 - Feb 22 with 1469 viewsonehunglow

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 20:28 - Feb 22 by max936

Never thought of those players to be honest, as I think Walsh's issues seems to mirrors Sturridge's to me, although Sturridge did achieve a hell of a lot in his career, but he did have the benefit of playing for a club with far more riches than Swansea, with probably more advanced medical professionals etc.

None of those missed the percentage of games Walsh has. Nobody comes close .
We are not a benevolent society

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 06:26 - Feb 23 with 1390 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Don’t like to be horrible but if he was a horse we would have shot him years ago.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 06:51 - Feb 23 with 1378 viewsPawelAbbott

We signed Darren Way when he had a broken leg. Played 16 games in 3 seasons.
Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 07:04 - Feb 23 with 1358 viewsDr_Winston

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 22:54 - Feb 22 by onehunglow

Hate filled.?
Really.
It’s getting tedious

Walsh has done just fine out of us . No need for tiny tears ,nor the snide remarks that so poison your otherwise aposite comments when you stick to a thread

You've never contributed so much as a penny towards his upkeep. Pipe down.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 09:12 - Feb 23 with 1327 viewsonehunglow

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 06:26 - Feb 23 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Don’t like to be horrible but if he was a horse we would have shot him years ago.

Don’t bring animal slaughter into this.
We will be slagging off Belgians soon for their love of viande cheval (paardenvlees )
Anyway, Liam would be basically be pet food .

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 10:41 - Feb 23 with 1280 viewsBoundy

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 19:18 - Feb 22 by onehunglow

A player who got a decent living out if our club fir lying on a physio bench .
Has to be said,all things considered,our worst ever buy

He really should have retired of his own volition and started training for a proper job.
I’ve little sympathy for him.

Many lose their jobs ,many unable to work through illness

Your last sentence , yes indeed , it looks like he has become one of those unfortunate people , not by his own volition though.
I do have sympathy for him, to make as a professional at this level against the odds of I 1 in 8,333 then to see your body breakdown at such a young age must take a mental toll on a person.
Also the Club and he will have insurance so that'll go some way to soften the blow.
[Post edited 23 Feb 10:42]

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 10:44 - Feb 23 with 1264 viewsKeithHaynes

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 20:28 - Feb 22 by max936

It was in response to Res’s Whittaker & Gyokeres thing.

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 11:40 - Feb 23 with 1212 viewsWhiterockin

An excellent player when fit, it was just not often enough for us. He was worth the risk when we signed him, with hindsight he wasn't.

Good luck to him in the future and I hope he turns the negatives to positives in a coaching role somewhere, like many who have been in a similar position.
Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 12:05 - Feb 23 with 1189 viewsPlankton

Near enough every thread posted on this forum, no matter how benign it may start out, always turns into a slagging match.
It's pathetic.
Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 12:26 - Feb 23 with 1157 viewsonehunglow

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 11:40 - Feb 23 by Whiterockin

An excellent player when fit, it was just not often enough for us. He was worth the risk when we signed him, with hindsight he wasn't.

Good luck to him in the future and I hope he turns the negatives to positives in a coaching role somewhere, like many who have been in a similar position.

When for indeed
It's about effectiveness for our club
He wasn't because of his physiology
Quite why some bleed for him beats me

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 12:28 - Feb 23 with 1154 viewsonehunglow

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 12:05 - Feb 23 by Plankton

Near enough every thread posted on this forum, no matter how benign it may start out, always turns into a slagging match.
It's pathetic.

It's a follow on from the previous ownership no more no less
It's hard to shake off as is obvious
You're right though

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 14:29 - Feb 23 with 1091 viewsFlashberryjack

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 12:28 - Feb 23 by onehunglow

It's a follow on from the previous ownership no more no less
It's hard to shake off as is obvious
You're right though

Shame, Walsh was a talented footballer, but he hardly made a significant contribution to the team other than the odd game or two.

As another poster has said, we took a punt on him and it didn't work out, but that can happen with any player.

I was just wondering if it would be beneficial for both parties if he retired now, before his contract expires, then maybe there would be a claim for compensation from the clubs insurance policy for him and the club, just a thought.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 15:06 - Feb 23 with 1066 viewsonehunglow

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 14:29 - Feb 23 by Flashberryjack

Shame, Walsh was a talented footballer, but he hardly made a significant contribution to the team other than the odd game or two.

As another poster has said, we took a punt on him and it didn't work out, but that can happen with any player.

I was just wondering if it would be beneficial for both parties if he retired now, before his contract expires, then maybe there would be a claim for compensation from the clubs insurance policy for him and the club, just a thought.

I’ve suggested his contract be terminated by mutual consent months ago but told we couldn’t do that .
Really.
He is not of merchandable quality or fit for purpose and never has been.
He has either been injured,nursing an injury,coming back from injury or being nursed back to fitness following an injury.
And still getting paid,when fit players are farmed out on loan to pay for his wages .
Now, sonebody justify that for me

Shame? Yeah. But I can recall many men being unable to work through industrial injury only to get shat on,like my mum’ s dad ,who died at 51 .
It’s why my heart doesn’t bleed for Liam

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 15:41 - Feb 23 with 1043 viewsSullutaCreturned

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 10:41 - Feb 23 by Boundy

Your last sentence , yes indeed , it looks like he has become one of those unfortunate people , not by his own volition though.
I do have sympathy for him, to make as a professional at this level against the odds of I 1 in 8,333 then to see your body breakdown at such a young age must take a mental toll on a person.
Also the Club and he will have insurance so that'll go some way to soften the blow.
[Post edited 23 Feb 10:42]

He is clearly a decent player when fit, shame he can't stay fit. Time for him to retire I think.

The insurance though, not sure how great a level he will have given his injury record before coming here, we knew he was a gamble.

At 26 he has time to retrain and I'm sure he's earned enough so he's comfortable now. He may not need to earn a fortune from now on. I'm not sure what his wages have been but even if he was on 5k per week he could have a tidy sum stashed away. But then, footballers aren't known for being that smart...who knows.
Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... (n/t) on 18:47 - Feb 23 with 954 viewsshingle

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 20:28 - Feb 22 by Dr_Winston

[Post edited 23 Feb 18:49]
Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 18:50 - Feb 23 with 943 viewsshingle

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ... on 19:19 - Feb 22 by max936

Difference being Sturridge was the match winner and difference between 2 teams on a number of occasions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024