Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goals - Hitting Targets 09:54 - Apr 11 with 3040 viewsAntti_Heinola

I was thinking the other day, purely in terms of goals, who has hit their 'mark' this season?

Paal, with 4 from left back, is a slight over-achiever.
Cook, with a couple, given his general record in scoring, is not bad.
Fieldy is over-achieving compared with his historic stats, but under-achieving when you think a number 8 should be getting 5 or 6.

Obviously, all our forwards are under-achieving, as are all our midfielders, and really our defenders too except the above. Jimmy Dunne, big improvements aside, should be looking for 3 or 4 a season.

Bare bones.

Goals - Hitting Targets on 09:44 - Apr 13 with 413 viewsstowmarketrange

I saw a stat that Dykes has scored as many away goals as Senny Dieng since August 2022,which is a terrible stat if it’s true.
Goals - Hitting Targets on 10:37 - Apr 13 with 382 viewskernowhoop

Goals - Hitting Targets on 09:33 - Apr 13 by Burnleyhoop

Agree. There’s a perception on here that if we sling more crosses in Dykes et al will get on the end of them. Complete baloney.

Time to ditch the target man nonsense and get a striker in that will complement the 3 technical midfielders behind him and is adept at finding the net working in tight spaces.

Another lump up front is not what is needed.

I should also have mentioned Kevin Phillips, Burnley. One season he was the PL top scorer and his career figures were 282 goals in 660 appearances.
Kevin Phillips is 5'7".
Goals - Hitting Targets on 11:24 - Apr 13 with 341 viewsWatford_Ranger

Goals - Hitting Targets on 05:24 - Apr 13 by Match82

I was curious about what the odds were for our players to score first tomorrow. The site I use had the EIGHT shortest odds on Hull players. That's how low the opinion is of our strike force.

Billy Sharp is favourite. Didn’t know he was there. Nine games zero goals thus far sounds ominous.

Dykes a rather skinny 13/2 to score first. Willock/Sinclair/Frey 15/2. Chair 9/1. Rather back Cook at 50s if anyone which I won’t.
Goals - Hitting Targets on 12:20 - Apr 13 with 326 viewsgolborne

Goals - Hitting Targets on 10:27 - Apr 11 by CamberleyR

Colback has I'd say with 3 in 25. His best season for goals was his first full season when he was on loan at Ipswich when he got 5 in 42.

Apologies for going off topic, but does anybody have any insight on his injury/return? We miss him, the build up from the back has been sluggish without him.
Goals - Hitting Targets on 12:26 - Apr 13 with 304 viewskensalriser

Goals - Hitting Targets on 05:24 - Apr 13 by Match82

I was curious about what the odds were for our players to score first tomorrow. The site I use had the EIGHT shortest odds on Hull players. That's how low the opinion is of our strike force.

It'll be based on data, not opinion.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Goals - Hitting Targets on 13:23 - Apr 13 with 260 viewsDorse

Goals - Hitting Targets on 09:44 - Apr 13 by stowmarketrange

I saw a stat that Dykes has scored as many away goals as Senny Dieng since August 2022,which is a terrible stat if it’s true.

To be fair, I'm only one goal behind him.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Goals - Hitting Targets on 14:20 - Apr 13 with 217 viewsMatch82

Goals - Hitting Targets on 12:26 - Apr 13 by kensalriser

It'll be based on data, not opinion.

Well yes, and that's even more damning.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024