Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option 17:15 - Apr 25 with 2532 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62398/swansea-reject-cul

How do you feel ?
Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 17:27 - Apr 25 with 1675 viewsWhiterockin

He will be on his way in the summer and to be honest I don't blame him.
Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 17:36 - Apr 25 with 1648 viewsReslovenSwan1

"Swansea reject Cullen contract". Pure journalistic spin.

"Cullen rejects Clubs significantly improved offer" is better. They were in talks and Swansra made an offer of an improved contract of some sort. This for a so - so performer who is not getting any better. His stats are down on last year not up. He does not get his head in where it hurts. Cadogan was the same for the u21. A beautiful cross to be buried with his head and he dissolved.

I knows this was coming and compared him to Oxfords Mark Harris. Both second strikers. Cullen scored one goal in league 1 Harris already 14 witn four assists.

If teams want to pay him more then Swansea will release him for a reasonable transfer fee. Swansea like the player and liked Latibeaudiere too. They both wanted money they are not worth (at present). He if wants £10,000 he needs to bang in 15 goals next season bury his headers and at least hit the target with penalties.
[Post edited 25 Apr 17:40]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 17:43 - Apr 25 with 1617 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 17:36 - Apr 25 by ReslovenSwan1

"Swansea reject Cullen contract". Pure journalistic spin.

"Cullen rejects Clubs significantly improved offer" is better. They were in talks and Swansra made an offer of an improved contract of some sort. This for a so - so performer who is not getting any better. His stats are down on last year not up. He does not get his head in where it hurts. Cadogan was the same for the u21. A beautiful cross to be buried with his head and he dissolved.

I knows this was coming and compared him to Oxfords Mark Harris. Both second strikers. Cullen scored one goal in league 1 Harris already 14 witn four assists.

If teams want to pay him more then Swansea will release him for a reasonable transfer fee. Swansea like the player and liked Latibeaudiere too. They both wanted money they are not worth (at present). He if wants £10,000 he needs to bang in 15 goals next season bury his headers and at least hit the target with penalties.
[Post edited 25 Apr 17:40]

Did you bother to read the article.
Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 17:45 - Apr 25 with 1598 viewsTreforys_Jack

Not overly bothered either way tbh.
Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 18:09 - Apr 25 with 1537 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 17:43 - Apr 25 by Whiterockin

Questions need ? in English. I do not just read the article but read between the lines. I strongly suspect an offer was a made but "Culls" and his representatives rejected it.

Discussion were being held. If there was no offer there was no need for discussions as there would be nothing to discuss.

I suppect Culls wanted £7k a week and the club told him he did not deserve it and offered him less. No one is doubting his enthusiasm and focus but he has a lot of work to do. He has seen off Whitaker and Gyokeres so cannot complain . They have kicked on big time he has stagnated.

Having said that he is the one and only local Centre forward to come the system CoE ad Academy in 30 years. From Darren Gale, Jimmy Loveridge, Scott Thyer, Keri Morgan James Loveridge, James Jones-Thomas, Geoff Bony, Owain Jones and a whole lot of forgotten forwards all failed to cut it. Cullen is in the Welsh number 9 "hot seat". Too hot for local lads. Even the one paying now cannot bury headers.

Iwan Morgan looked to be the man but got his head turned. That is where the money should have been going not Cullen.

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 18:12 - Apr 25 with 1537 viewsmax936

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 17:43 - Apr 25 by Whiterockin

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 18:35 - Apr 25 with 1495 viewsjack247

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 18:09 - Apr 25 by ReslovenSwan1

Questions need ? in English. I do not just read the article but read between the lines. I strongly suspect an offer was a made but "Culls" and his representatives rejected it.

Discussion were being held. If there was no offer there was no need for discussions as there would be nothing to discuss.

I suppect Culls wanted £7k a week and the club told him he did not deserve it and offered him less. No one is doubting his enthusiasm and focus but he has a lot of work to do. He has seen off Whitaker and Gyokeres so cannot complain . They have kicked on big time he has stagnated.

Having said that he is the one and only local Centre forward to come the system CoE ad Academy in 30 years. From Darren Gale, Jimmy Loveridge, Scott Thyer, Keri Morgan James Loveridge, James Jones-Thomas, Geoff Bony, Owain Jones and a whole lot of forgotten forwards all failed to cut it. Cullen is in the Welsh number 9 "hot seat". Too hot for local lads. Even the one paying now cannot bury headers.

Iwan Morgan looked to be the man but got his head turned. That is where the money should have been going not Cullen.

So ‘Cullen rejects significantly improved offer’ wouldn’t have been better then because it would have been an absolute guess.

It’s one thing for you to make things up and portray them as fact. This website can’t publish articles on that basis.
Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 18:36 - Apr 25 with 1484 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 18:12 - Apr 25 by max936

You need to define yourself on something more than trolling the man from Resolven. I read your posts and consider them as any other post. Agree with soe and disagree with some. No personal bias.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 18:37 - Apr 25 with 1486 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 18:12 - Apr 25 by max936

Notice the amount he was talking about after my post is less than he originally posted. He must have gone back and read it, after stupidly commenting on an article that hadn't read.
[Post edited 25 Apr 18:46]
Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 19:03 - Apr 25 with 1423 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 18:09 - Apr 25 by ReslovenSwan1

No offer, just a statement saying if he’s a good lad next season he may get a contract.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 19:05 - Apr 25 with 1409 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 18:35 - Apr 25 by jack247

So ‘Cullen rejects significantly improved offer’ wouldn’t have been better then because it would have been an absolute guess.

It’s one thing for you to make things up and portray them as fact. This website can’t publish articles on that basis.

He wasn’t offered a new or improved contract, the discussions were from Cullen ‘ This is what I want,’ shall we negotiate ? The club said no and triggered the one year.

That’s it mate 👍

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 19:08 - Apr 25 with 1402 viewsmax936

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 18:36 - Apr 25 by ReslovenSwan1

You need to define yourself on something more than trolling the man from Resolven. I read your posts and consider them as any other post. Agree with soe and disagree with some. No personal bias.

The are the last person I need to define myself to, I'm not Trolling I disagree with every post you make, every post you make is all supposition that you have made up in your dreams and pass off as facts, when you rightly get pulled up on them, your defence is that its just you opinion that you are sharing, which is absolute BS.

I will continue to do what I do, I do so love a good laugh, you need to change your bedtime drink, perhaps you'll post things that are logical and make sense, instead of the attention seeking posts you love to post.

Try Horlicks with a spoonful of honey, I'm told it works wonders!

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 19:16 - Apr 25 with 1373 viewsmax936

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 19:05 - Apr 25 by KeithHaynes

He wasn’t offered a new or improved contract, the discussions were from Cullen ‘ This is what I want,’ shall we negotiate ? The club said no and triggered the one year.

That’s it mate 👍

Shocking way to treat one of your own, they know he's probably keen to stay and are playing on that which is exactly what they've done by triggering the last year in is contract, and they wonder as to why players turn them down, there's an example as to why right there.

If they think they can do better for 3.5k a week a Watson better get his thinking cap on and go through his list of contacts.

Cullen is what he he's, he'll always score goals and work hard, but we need to improve on the lad with better.
[Post edited 25 Apr 19:19]

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 19:32 - Apr 25 with 1330 viewsReslovenSwan1

This may be the narrative and the "understanding" of the written press. It is possible I accept. However I do not believe it.

Williams bigged him up today and wants to continue to see his development, He would not be much of a manager if he did not attempt to tie him down to a longer deal while accepting he is notionally underpaid.

I believe the discussions involved a new 2-3 year deal but what was on offer was not considered adequate. The club may have agreed to this deal in 2025 if he shows improvement and hits specific targets. The money they save should be for Sam Parker and those on a stepper trajectory.

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 19:43 - Apr 25 with 1308 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 19:32 - Apr 25 by ReslovenSwan1

This may be the narrative and the "understanding" of the written press. It is possible I accept. However I do not believe it.

Williams bigged him up today and wants to continue to see his development, He would not be much of a manager if he did not attempt to tie him down to a longer deal while accepting he is notionally underpaid.

I believe the discussions involved a new 2-3 year deal but what was on offer was not considered adequate. The club may have agreed to this deal in 2025 if he shows improvement and hits specific targets. The money they save should be for Sam Parker and those on a stepper trajectory.

So you believe the headline article on this thread is a pack of lies? You really are on one tonight. This website thoroughly researchers the finer details of every article they post. Meanwhile you let your imagination run wild and post it as fact. No wonder you have no credibility on here.
Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 20:23 - Apr 25 with 1211 viewsQJumpingJack

who made the call?

Levien? Coleman? Watson? Gude? Kaplan? Silverstein? someone else?
Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 20:41 - Apr 25 with 1178 viewsSullutaCreturned

Look, if you are going to pull others up for their grammar, at least get your own right.

When you say read between the lines, we all know what that means. You take the truth and twist it to defend the owners. It's nearly always a work of fiction but not a good one.

Personally I dont think he's good enough, certainly not to be the first choice "lead the line" forward. Maybe they only triggered the extension so they can ask for a better fee if anyone comes in for him?

I have a growing suspicion that all is not well financially wthin our club. The owners constantly drip feed money in but not enough to make a difference. They have wasted money on poor transfers and with season ticket sales down (so I've been told) income has dropped too. I wouldnt be surprised if the other "investors" in their little group were getting twitchy seeing as we are a money pit with no real hopes of a profit AND if they have looked into the English league system and realised that we are sinking slowly towards relegation, they might have concerns about putting more money in.

In which case a financial distress signal might be in our near future.

Just an opinion mind, not a fact. Time will tell.
Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 20:52 - Apr 25 with 1146 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 20:41 - Apr 25 by SullutaCreturned

Look, if you are going to pull others up for their grammar, at least get your own right.

When you say read between the lines, we all know what that means. You take the truth and twist it to defend the owners. It's nearly always a work of fiction but not a good one.

Personally I dont think he's good enough, certainly not to be the first choice "lead the line" forward. Maybe they only triggered the extension so they can ask for a better fee if anyone comes in for him?

I have a growing suspicion that all is not well financially wthin our club. The owners constantly drip feed money in but not enough to make a difference. They have wasted money on poor transfers and with season ticket sales down (so I've been told) income has dropped too. I wouldnt be surprised if the other "investors" in their little group were getting twitchy seeing as we are a money pit with no real hopes of a profit AND if they have looked into the English league system and realised that we are sinking slowly towards relegation, they might have concerns about putting more money in.

In which case a financial distress signal might be in our near future.

Just an opinion mind, not a fact. Time will tell.

You're not wrong in thinking that the club is a financial basket case, but this is The Championship and so is almost everyone else.

When we first dropped into the division we were in a hell of a mess. "Haemorrhaging Money" according to someone I know who had a better knowledge of and access to information on the clubs financial situation than basically anyone else. That danger was averted by the sales of McBurnie, Rodon, James et al.

We're still a loss making concern now, but almost by design. We're spending more than we generate, but largely on the understanding that gaps will be plugged by shareholders if player sales don't do it.

The alternative is to cut spending to the point where outgoings don't outstrip incomings, but that would generate the kind of supporter hostility we haven't seen since Petty.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 21:06 - Apr 25 with 1112 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 20:52 - Apr 25 by Dr_Winston

You're not wrong in thinking that the club is a financial basket case, but this is The Championship and so is almost everyone else.

When we first dropped into the division we were in a hell of a mess. "Haemorrhaging Money" according to someone I know who had a better knowledge of and access to information on the clubs financial situation than basically anyone else. That danger was averted by the sales of McBurnie, Rodon, James et al.

We're still a loss making concern now, but almost by design. We're spending more than we generate, but largely on the understanding that gaps will be plugged by shareholders if player sales don't do it.

The alternative is to cut spending to the point where outgoings don't outstrip incomings, but that would generate the kind of supporter hostility we haven't seen since Petty.

I think the big difference now is, because they have been buying the cheaper options that we have no one of any great value to sell on to try and balance the books.

If theother shareholders are getting twitchy (I have no proof, just a feeling) then real hard times may be around the corner.

It was actually what I meant when I moaned about quantity over quality, we have very little quality and one of our best players is right at the end of his career with no resale value. The players we spent on must have all the value of a roast chicken dinner at a vegan convention.

As I said, with income seemingly dropping, we are heading the wrong way as a club and somthing has to give. Maybe it won't be just us, maybe a very large chunk of pro football is about to go
Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 21:20 - Apr 25 with 1066 viewsDr_Winston

The problem is that the expensive options are no more of a guarantee of success than the cheaper ones. Indeed, they represent an even greater risk.

We have to shop smarter, allied to an internal structure that can survive a change of manager. The single biggest problem we've had this season is making wholesale changes as a result of one failed manager, to suit his successor who failed, and then trying to course correct back in the previous direction to suit his replacement.

Yates is a perfect example of this. He did OK under Duff. Williams has no use for him. The best other example of this I can think of is Pawel Abbott. Scored plenty of goals before he came here, and plenty after. But we signed him for KJ, KJ left and then Martinez just didn't want to know. Abbott got the blame.

The club needs to decide what it wants to do and then stick to it.
[Post edited 25 Apr 21:22]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 21:38 - Apr 25 with 1027 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 21:20 - Apr 25 by Dr_Winston

The problem is that the expensive options are no more of a guarantee of success than the cheaper ones. Indeed, they represent an even greater risk.

We have to shop smarter, allied to an internal structure that can survive a change of manager. The single biggest problem we've had this season is making wholesale changes as a result of one failed manager, to suit his successor who failed, and then trying to course correct back in the previous direction to suit his replacement.

Yates is a perfect example of this. He did OK under Duff. Williams has no use for him. The best other example of this I can think of is Pawel Abbott. Scored plenty of goals before he came here, and plenty after. But we signed him for KJ, KJ left and then Martinez just didn't want to know. Abbott got the blame.

The club needs to decide what it wants to do and then stick to it.
[Post edited 25 Apr 21:22]

Agree that the club need to decide what they want to do and stick with it, but the manager/coach has to deliver. Duff clearly didn't, the wise option for me would be to go with Sheehan, they didn't and we had to restructure again. I also think we have too many senior pros which are expensive. A more balanced squad of experience and youth would be much more cost effective. While we are cutting the wage bill, do we need all these senior managers at the top.
Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 21:42 - Apr 25 with 998 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 21:38 - Apr 25 by Whiterockin

Agree that the club need to decide what they want to do and stick with it, but the manager/coach has to deliver. Duff clearly didn't, the wise option for me would be to go with Sheehan, they didn't and we had to restructure again. I also think we have too many senior pros which are expensive. A more balanced squad of experience and youth would be much more cost effective. While we are cutting the wage bill, do we need all these senior managers at the top.

I think Sheehan did ok steadying the ship, but I'm not sure that he's what we needed going forward. Williams is an ambitious appointment and I hope he does well after a somewhat ropey start.

There seems to be four or five players in the u21's who could conceivably step up and do a job for the first team next season. I wouldn't be surprised to see players like Allen, Naughton and maybe even Cullen moved on and replaced by internal candidates.

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 21:53 - Apr 25 with 963 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 20:23 - Apr 25 by QJumpingJack

who made the call?

Levien? Coleman? Watson? Gude? Kaplan? Silverstein? someone else?

Coleman makes the call. I know this because he said so. His character suggests to me he is not afraid to make decisions on his own after consultations which might be contradictory.

In my opinion Cullen turned down an improved deal and prefers to run down his deal and take his chances next season. The fact is he did OK last year and is doing OK this year but has actually stats wise regressed. Perhaps Liam asked the club not to state he had turned down an offer?. (specuation)

Some players are overnight sensations e .g Dan james and other are slow burners. I remember Arsenal fans calling Adebayor at 23 "bambi on ice". At 25 Cullen should be at the top of his game. He is flatlining. As slow burners go he is very slow indeed.

Luke Williams gave an inkling of this. "I hope he bangs in a hattrick next season". He scores in ones. Not two or threes. He actually has a good free kick. I saw him bang in a 30 yarder on Barry Towns plastic pitch.

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 22:42 - Apr 25 with 884 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 21:53 - Apr 25 by ReslovenSwan1

Coleman makes the call. I know this because he said so. His character suggests to me he is not afraid to make decisions on his own after consultations which might be contradictory.

In my opinion Cullen turned down an improved deal and prefers to run down his deal and take his chances next season. The fact is he did OK last year and is doing OK this year but has actually stats wise regressed. Perhaps Liam asked the club not to state he had turned down an offer?. (specuation)

Some players are overnight sensations e .g Dan james and other are slow burners. I remember Arsenal fans calling Adebayor at 23 "bambi on ice". At 25 Cullen should be at the top of his game. He is flatlining. As slow burners go he is very slow indeed.

Luke Williams gave an inkling of this. "I hope he bangs in a hattrick next season". He scores in ones. Not two or threes. He actually has a good free kick. I saw him bang in a 30 yarder on Barry Towns plastic pitch.

There’s only one person who holds the purse strings and makes the actual call.

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 23:55 - Apr 25 with 831 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 22:42 - Apr 25 by KeithHaynes

There’s only one person who holds the purse strings and makes the actual call.

If you think it Levien then by implication you are calling Coleman "a purveyor on non truths". he said he called the shots in the forum. It is the US way of doing things as I understand it. I believe him.

There is no point in him being here if Levien has to make decisions as minor as this.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024