Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The season that was - Preview 20:10 - May 3 with 3720 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62436
The season that was - Preview on 20:56 - May 3 with 3551 viewsSpen

Brilliant Clive, just brilliant.
The season that was - Preview on 22:20 - May 3 with 3328 viewsterryb

Thanks Clive.

Best wishes to all of you that will be at Coventry tomorrow. I hope the team give you (and us at home) a performance, but I've seen too many of these last matches to take that for granted. I'm still bitter about the visit to Norwich in Holloway's second spell!

I also understand that it will be difficult for the players to reach the levels of the last two matches as safety has been achieved. Hopefully they will play, but I won't be slagging them off if they are not at their best.

Thank you Clive for all the previews & thank you to all of our fans for the superb support that they have given this season.
The season that was - Preview on 22:28 - May 3 with 3307 viewscolinallcars

Ditto on all those thoughts.
Won't it be lovely to awake on Sunday mornings and not be in what old Will Shakespeare ( remember 'im ? ), called a vile distemper?
The season that was - Preview on 23:20 - May 3 with 3161 viewsLblock

Huge thanks for the whole season

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The season that was - Preview on 23:25 - May 3 with 3146 viewssilverbirch

Thanks, Clive. Once again, I hope the owners read your article.
The season that was - Preview on 23:47 - May 3 with 3076 viewsted_hendrix

Some great stuff In there Clive I'm lost for words how you keep doing It.

I was so-so glad when Ainsworth got the gig and yet In no time at all I'm thinking ''Oh no what have we done'' I found the Haka video excruciatingly embarrassing to watch never mind our on the pitch performances, I found myself calling Ainsworth all the names under the sun which Is wrong of course.
Ainsworth should have been relieved of his duties at the end of last season but of course everyone knew this but they're you go.
I am so relieved that we have survived In this league and so relieved that tomorrow afternoon the season will come to an end. I don't know If It's just me but I'm finding It harder season by season to get up and go, I've virtually lost my appetite for watching football, my last home game was the Birmingham game with me youngest Son In the standing area of the lower loft, my first home game ever was standing pretty much In the same place/spot some 65 bloody years ago, maybe there is some significance In that.

Look Clive I don't do 'gushing' but strewth your doing one hell of a cracking good job, I just hope you can keep your shi t together and keep this MB going, we'd all of us literally be lost for words If you knocked It on the head.

Good Man yourself.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The season that was - Preview on 06:03 - May 4 with 2792 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Great piece. I just hope to God that the owners can now leave it to the adults to run our club, especially if some money does become available.

So pleased you mentioned Wilock. He simply hasn't done enough to warrant a new contract, if it wasn't for how he played pre injuries would we even be entertaining the thought? Highly doubtful.
The season that was - Preview on 06:28 - May 4 with 2728 viewsGaryBannister86

Really well put, as ever, agree with all of it. Thanks so much for your work throughout the season.

It's interesting that there is a Marti conundrum - of course the temptation is to give him whatever he asks for, but someone has to be a grown up and offer balance. After all, as much as I love him, he won't be here long and we can't keep pivoting.
Login to get fewer ads

The season that was - Preview on 07:54 - May 4 with 2590 viewsslmrstid

Thanks Clive, enjoy today and have a great summer. You never know, you may get to go to Austria again!
The season that was - Preview on 08:22 - May 4 with 2502 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Back in the 80's and 90's I used to sell and write a bit for AKUTR's.

I used to marvel at Dave's work ethic, his consistency, his artistry, his ability to put out inventive and intelligent content over and over and over again.

Now I feel the same about your work.

It's incredibly difficult. And it's incredibly difficult to make it look easy.

Thank you.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The season that was - Preview on 08:53 - May 4 with 2403 viewsthehat

Thanks Clive - Absorbing read with nail and head springing to mind.
The season that was - Preview on 09:14 - May 4 with 2345 viewssilky

A massive massive thank you for what you do Clive. Really looking forward to your player ratings and reviews.

Here is to a sensible and nice summer (winter here) big loves.

Dan

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

The season that was - Preview on 09:20 - May 4 with 2324 viewsdmm

My grateful thanks for another season of funny, insightful and passionate writing from you Clive. This look back over the last couple of seasons is so on point as I am sure all Rs supporters reading it will attest.

But, I'm looking forward to 24/25 and so your thoughts on the season to come were just as interesting to me. I can see upwards of 8 new signings and wonder whether Cifuentes will push for players able to play in his favoured 433 set up? It must surely work that way around rather than bringing in new players and seeing what can be done with them.

Cifuentes stock at QPR is sky high right now so he'll surely have a major say in recruitment this summer. So, I can't help myself thinking how much he, Nourry, Belk et al are of one mind over the direction in which we go. The last thing we need is another schizophrenic leadership at the club.
The season that was - Preview on 11:07 - May 4 with 2129 viewsE15Hoop

The season that was - Preview on 09:20 - May 4 by dmm

My grateful thanks for another season of funny, insightful and passionate writing from you Clive. This look back over the last couple of seasons is so on point as I am sure all Rs supporters reading it will attest.

But, I'm looking forward to 24/25 and so your thoughts on the season to come were just as interesting to me. I can see upwards of 8 new signings and wonder whether Cifuentes will push for players able to play in his favoured 433 set up? It must surely work that way around rather than bringing in new players and seeing what can be done with them.

Cifuentes stock at QPR is sky high right now so he'll surely have a major say in recruitment this summer. So, I can't help myself thinking how much he, Nourry, Belk et al are of one mind over the direction in which we go. The last thing we need is another schizophrenic leadership at the club.

I don't think any of us need to worry on that count at all.
Its pretty obvious that Christian Nourry has a massive amount of man-love for Marti Cifuentes, and I'm sure that Andy Belk will revel in being given very clear precise defined paramaters to work within, which I'm in no doubt at all he will be.
I think we can - for once - relax, knowing we actually resemble a living, breathing proper professional football club again.
The season that was - Preview on 11:33 - May 4 with 2089 viewsE15Hoop

Clive: I just want to pick up on your "ostracised by Ainsworth" line in relation to Chris Willock, as this came up last week in the "Willock - Will He Stay?" thread.

Do we know for definite that Ainsworth proactively ostracised him? I accept that he clearly didn't play him as much as we all thought he should have done. However, you yourself pointed out that Willock's effort levels and body language had already looked to be severely lacking for some time.

I remember Ian McCullough asking Ainsworth directly about this, and the answer came back: "He needs to improve his fitness - Chris knows what he needs to do". That response doesn't sound like a manager ostracising a player. It just sounds like a manager trying to set some house rules and expecting a player to comply with them.

If memory serves me correctly, this had come to something of a head when Uncle Snake Oil Michael Boilface had just slimed his way in at Ibrox, and had very publicly declared his
supposed lack of desire to "take advantage of a situation at QPR" (very decent of you, old chap - I'm sure we all believe you) to seduce Willock into signing for him there. This clearly didn't go down too well with young Christopher, who had, I believe, already tweeted his "God moves in mysterious ways" post from his hospital bed, replete with a blue shirt, remarkably similar in design to the home kit of the club where his former manager was now residing..

Under those circumstances, I'm not sure you can blame Ainsworth for holding out on Willock, and maybe the introductions late on in games was actually his way of saying to Willock that there was a way back for him, if he just did what he was being asked to do (not unreasonably)?
The season that was - Preview on 12:15 - May 4 with 2001 viewsOldPedro

Another great preview - thanks Clive

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

The season that was - Preview on 15:13 - May 4 with 1878 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The season that was - Preview on 23:47 - May 3 by ted_hendrix

Some great stuff In there Clive I'm lost for words how you keep doing It.

I was so-so glad when Ainsworth got the gig and yet In no time at all I'm thinking ''Oh no what have we done'' I found the Haka video excruciatingly embarrassing to watch never mind our on the pitch performances, I found myself calling Ainsworth all the names under the sun which Is wrong of course.
Ainsworth should have been relieved of his duties at the end of last season but of course everyone knew this but they're you go.
I am so relieved that we have survived In this league and so relieved that tomorrow afternoon the season will come to an end. I don't know If It's just me but I'm finding It harder season by season to get up and go, I've virtually lost my appetite for watching football, my last home game was the Birmingham game with me youngest Son In the standing area of the lower loft, my first home game ever was standing pretty much In the same place/spot some 65 bloody years ago, maybe there is some significance In that.

Look Clive I don't do 'gushing' but strewth your doing one hell of a cracking good job, I just hope you can keep your shi t together and keep this MB going, we'd all of us literally be lost for words If you knocked It on the head.

Good Man yourself.

After reading that incredible preview from Clive and all the replies down to yours Ted I was struck by your post and sat in silence for a while .You were standing in the same spot in Loftus Road with your son a full lifetime (65 years ) after you stood there as a boy just says something about QPR as well as yourself .There is huge significance in that not only your loyalty to QPR but life coming full circle and the wheel still spinning with the next generation who will probably live through the same rubbish you have endured as well as the good times .
See what Marti can do this summer and maybe you will be back again its the reward you and all the old timers deserve .
The season that was - Preview on 18:22 - May 4 with 1697 viewsslmrstid

The season that was - Preview on 11:33 - May 4 by E15Hoop

Clive: I just want to pick up on your "ostracised by Ainsworth" line in relation to Chris Willock, as this came up last week in the "Willock - Will He Stay?" thread.

Do we know for definite that Ainsworth proactively ostracised him? I accept that he clearly didn't play him as much as we all thought he should have done. However, you yourself pointed out that Willock's effort levels and body language had already looked to be severely lacking for some time.

I remember Ian McCullough asking Ainsworth directly about this, and the answer came back: "He needs to improve his fitness - Chris knows what he needs to do". That response doesn't sound like a manager ostracising a player. It just sounds like a manager trying to set some house rules and expecting a player to comply with them.

If memory serves me correctly, this had come to something of a head when Uncle Snake Oil Michael Boilface had just slimed his way in at Ibrox, and had very publicly declared his
supposed lack of desire to "take advantage of a situation at QPR" (very decent of you, old chap - I'm sure we all believe you) to seduce Willock into signing for him there. This clearly didn't go down too well with young Christopher, who had, I believe, already tweeted his "God moves in mysterious ways" post from his hospital bed, replete with a blue shirt, remarkably similar in design to the home kit of the club where his former manager was now residing..

Under those circumstances, I'm not sure you can blame Ainsworth for holding out on Willock, and maybe the introductions late on in games was actually his way of saying to Willock that there was a way back for him, if he just did what he was being asked to do (not unreasonably)?

Marti himself has been on record saying he likes to keep Willock close in games which is very coded language in how he has to manage him. The guy is obviously talented and Marti has managed to get enough performances out of him to keep us up, but also he does blow very hot and cold and also had a very public bollocking from Marti in that Norwich game showing that its not all roses when it comes to working with him.
The season that was - Preview on 19:51 - May 4 with 1627 viewshantssi

Brilliant as always Clive, thanks very much.
Really good to finally meet you in the C&S after the Preston game, hopefully again next season.
The season that was - Preview on 01:42 - May 5 with 1376 viewslightwaterhoop

Thanks Clive for all the work that you do and thanks to all the contributors to this site which make it so good.Best wishes to you all.
The season that was - Preview on 10:33 - May 5 with 946 viewsPunteR

Reading this particular preview on a sunny Sunday morning , coffee in hand , no hangover, my two dogs nestled next to me, is one of those life affirming moments. Its all gravy.

Thanks again Norf for the sterling work you do. Always appreciated.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The season that was - Preview on 15:05 - May 7 with 527 viewsNoelmc

Finally got round to reading your Coventry preview today after a hectic few days and it was well worth the wait. Fantastic analysis of the State of our Club over the past few seasons and some sage advice that our owners should heed.

The paragraph comparing QPR to an errant child was inspired and made me LOL.

Thanks for all your hard work throughout the year and have a great summer. I’m so pleased that you and all the dedicated fans who go to all home and away games were rewarded at the end of the season with some very good team performances. Hopefully this helped compensate for all the bad ones you’ve seen over recent seasons.

See you back in the C&S in August.
The season that was - Preview on 15:44 - May 7 with 489 viewsE17hoop

My youngest - JnrJnr - noticed the season did end as it began...at Euston station.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024