Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So How Was Everyone's Day On Sunday 10:03 - May 28 with 942 viewsSaintNick

What did you all get up to

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

So How Was Everyone's Day On Sunday on 10:31 - May 28 with 874 viewsGolac_Nuts

8.30 from Salisbury was busy, but not packed. Got off at Clapham Jct, where we went for a huge breakfast and sat outside the Falcon drinking beer and chatting to a City fan.

Midday train to Waterloo, tube to Wembley, then did the whole thing in reverse, except for the breakfast and this time chatted with Leeds fans, rather than City outside the Falcon. Back to Salisbury for about 10.15.

Having witnessed the League Cup semi in 79?, the troubles at Bournemouth and many league matches, Leeds fans have always been vile in my experience. I have to say though, on Sunday I thought they were great, a totally different experience
So How Was Everyone's Day On Sunday on 10:36 - May 28 with 862 viewsDorsetIan

So How Was Everyone's Day On Sunday on 10:31 - May 28 by Golac_Nuts

8.30 from Salisbury was busy, but not packed. Got off at Clapham Jct, where we went for a huge breakfast and sat outside the Falcon drinking beer and chatting to a City fan.

Midday train to Waterloo, tube to Wembley, then did the whole thing in reverse, except for the breakfast and this time chatted with Leeds fans, rather than City outside the Falcon. Back to Salisbury for about 10.15.

Having witnessed the League Cup semi in 79?, the troubles at Bournemouth and many league matches, Leeds fans have always been vile in my experience. I have to say though, on Sunday I thought they were great, a totally different experience

Waiting in the queue for tickets at Denham station, a Leeds fan opened the door to his (arriving) van to shout 'get back to the concentration camp, you Southampton c*nt' at my youngest son.

Apart for that we had a fantastic day!

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

So How Was Everyone's Day On Sunday on 11:05 - May 28 with 826 viewskingslandstand1

So How Was Everyone's Day On Sunday on 10:36 - May 28 by DorsetIan

Waiting in the queue for tickets at Denham station, a Leeds fan opened the door to his (arriving) van to shout 'get back to the concentration camp, you Southampton c*nt' at my youngest son.

Sums them up!
So How Was Everyone's Day On Sunday on 11:46 - May 28 with 760 viewscocklebreath

8.10am train from bstoke. Decided to go straight to Wembley as my son wanted to get there. Had a few pints on the high street met some mates from the island in the green man which wasn’t as packed as I expected, got to stadium for 2.15pm had a wonderful few hours and got home about 8.30pm got a curry and watched the game again with a bottle or Malbec. Perfect day.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

So How Was Everyone's Day On Sunday on 11:50 - May 28 with 747 viewsPatfromPoole

An utterly great day / weekend.

Stayed with good friends in Bromley for the weekend, watched the Cup Final there on the Saturday in a pub with a load of Man United followers.

Train into Kilburn on Sunday morning; The Old Bell is a cracking pub for Wembley games. Would recommend for future visits.

Celebrations continued in Covent Garden on Sunday night.

Train back home yesterday, via a celebration in a wet car park in Southampton....

Back at work today for a rest.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

So How Was Everyone's Day On Sunday on 12:12 - May 28 with 712 viewsGolac_Nuts

So How Was Everyone's Day On Sunday on 10:36 - May 28 by DorsetIan

Well that would sum up my previous experiences. Shockingly awful, sorry that he had to endure that
So How Was Everyone's Day On Sunday on 12:24 - May 28 with 687 viewsSouthamptonfan

So How Was Everyone's Day On Sunday on 12:12 - May 28 by Golac_Nuts

Well that would sum up my previous experiences. Shockingly awful, sorry that he had to endure that

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13464727/Shocking-moment-Leeds-United-f

Some of the Leeds fans were sound, some were loud, gobby tw@ts, full of alcohol.
[Post edited 28 May 12:31]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

So How Was Everyone's Day On Sunday on 12:31 - May 28 with 680 viewsSonicBoom

All the Leeds fans I met before and after were absolutely fine. Wished us luck and even said they'd smash Pompey for us.
I got there early, left London late. Somewhere in the middle there was the game. And at some point I got home.
so all in all it was excellent!
Login to get fewer ads

So How Was Everyone's Day On Sunday on 12:33 - May 28 with 676 viewsWinchesterExile

5.00 am up to get the 7.05 flight from Jersey to Gatwick
10.15 joined queue to pick up my ticket
11.30 shoved an egg sandwich down my gob and then went to JJMoons which was packed. Drank lots of beer
1.30 had a walk around the stadium to soak up the atmosphere. Lots of shouty Leeds fans but they were OK
2.00 in ground and had 2 double gin and tonics
3.00 shouted myself stupid
6’ish joined tube queue- lots of not shouty Leeds fans ha ha
7’ish back to Victoria. Had something to eat and drank more beer
9.30 back at Gatwick for a nightcap and then to the Yotel
Monday - up at 5.00 to get the 7.10 flight back to Jersey

Absolutely f*ucked and £450 down for a day out but worth every penny
So How Was Everyone's Day On Sunday on 12:58 - May 28 with 618 viewsA1079

One of the best Nick. I am in my 60s and been more disappointed than I care to remember but for moments like that when they happen are all the sweeter.

Came down from East Yorkshire Saturday evening and stayed at a Premier Inn in Bracknell and got the train in to Waterloo and back via Paddington after the game.

The atmosphere on the train on the underground with Leeds fans as well was good and special in many ways.

Went to the Metropolitan bar at Baker Street.

The game itself - loved it, though if you ask me, I honestly struggle to remember that much about it. My impression is we were professional without the drama. Did a job and as a team we were competent in all areas.

After the game enjoyed the celebrations in the stadium, the walk down the streets to a bar (can't recall the name of it) on the way back to Baker Street, endless singing and chanting in the back yard of the bar even in the rain and then back to Paddington station to Reading and then Bracknell.

I am surrounded by Leeds fans where I live and work and did dread it to some extent. All the Leeds fans I came across on Sunday were pleasant and after the game the ones I came across took the defeat graciously and did not make any excuses.

Went with my brothers and my son. I don't get to spend that much time with my son and it was memorable to see the joy and happiness on his face and all the people around me. It was a special day all round.

if I am honest, the Premier League does not appeal to me and I have enjoyed this season in a way I have not enjoyed a season for ages. I just hope that having got back up we do the best we can to compete and don't just become another meal for the so called big boys to feed off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024