Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nearest pub to where you live 20:09 - Jun 1 with 11066 viewsqpr_1968

just an out of season bit of fun.....

are you blessed with a diamond of a boozer...great food, cheap drink, great atmosphere, country pub...that makes you a regular.
or tarnished with an absolute shitehole....that you never go near, unless its the only one for miles.

mine is the princess vic, uxbridge road, food a la carte, local for match days,
happy hour monday to friday , two for one...morretti the favourite, cant think what the other two are though.......5pm to 7pm.
prices are top end of the average pub.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Nearest pub to where you live on 20:53 - Jun 1 with 3964 viewsE17hoop

This is the infamous pub near me.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Nearest pub to where you live on 21:00 - Jun 1 with 3950 viewsessextaxiboy

Its a nice pub , my eldest son lives just down the road so we go there on matchdays sometimes although its hard to get served at times . He tells me the opening scenes of the film The Gentlemen was filmed there. He went there for Christmas lunch and said it was very good.
Nearest pub to where you live on 21:00 - Jun 1 with 3950 viewsloftboy

Got three pubs literally 100 - 150 yards from my front door.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Nearest pub to where you live on 21:49 - Jun 1 with 3843 viewslightwaterhoop

The Hare and hounds in West End,Surrey.A great little pub with good food and beer and a lovely garden.Spent many a happy time in there.Just back in fact.The only thing i dont like is if i talk about QPR people give you a strange bored look but you come to expect that in Surrey.Its a ten minute walk from home.
Nearest pub to where you live on 21:58 - Jun 1 with 3811 viewsthame_hoops

My local, although I don’t drink much now, this is a great place and the food trucks they have are amazing.

https://www.theredlionchinnor.co.uk/
[Post edited 1 Jun 21:59]
Nearest pub to where you live on 22:05 - Jun 1 with 3782 viewsstowmarketrange

My village pub closed down 10-12 years ago and became a Mexican shop,but it’s being converted back to a pub and opening early next year.I moved here on the day we beat Wrexham 2-0 in September 2003 and celebrated in the pub after the final whistle until closing time at 11pm.
The landlord was one of the most miserable people going,and he made you feel like you were in his house rather than his pub.No wonder he ran it into the ground.
Nearest pub to where you live on 22:11 - Jun 1 with 3764 viewsPunteR

Nearest pub to where you live on 21:58 - Jun 1 by thame_hoops

My local, although I don’t drink much now, this is a great place and the food trucks they have are amazing.

https://www.theredlionchinnor.co.uk/
[Post edited 1 Jun 21:59]

That looks like a nice boozer.

I've got one gastro pub near me called Peacock Farm and its decent enough. Got a nice vibe, food is good, beer overpriced but that's standard now. There's literally nothing else for miles walking distance so i consider this a nice luxury on our new build estate.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Nearest pub to where you live on 22:23 - Jun 1 with 3725 viewsthame_hoops

@qpr_1968

The Princess Vic was my dad and his dad’s pub. The last time I went in there was a couple years ago after seeing it in the Guy Ritchie And Matthew McConaughey film, the gentleman. Also, the Phil Collins video for Sussudio was filmed there
Login to get fewer ads

Nearest pub to where you live on 22:29 - Jun 1 with 3705 viewsqpr_1968

Nearest pub to where you live on 22:23 - Jun 1 by thame_hoops

@qpr_1968

The Princess Vic was my dad and his dad’s pub. The last time I went in there was a couple years ago after seeing it in the Guy Ritchie And Matthew McConaughey film, the gentleman. Also, the Phil Collins video for Sussudio was filmed there

i was a regular in the 70's and early 80's...
and for the last 12 years its been my local...

i remember the filming in there of the ritchie and mcConaughey film as well.

always had a soft spot for the pub even though its chalk and cheese from those days in the 70's and now.

Nearest pub to where you live on 22:40 - Jun 1 with 3679 viewsthame_hoops

Nearest pub to where you live on 22:29 - Jun 1 by qpr_1968

always had a soft spot for the pub even though its chalk and cheese from those days in the 70's and now.

I took my dad in there two years ago, he hadn’t stepped foot in there for what must be 50 years. he said exactly what you did about it being chalk and cheese.
Nearest pub to where you live on 23:14 - Jun 1 with 3615 viewsLblock

Nearest pub to where you live on 22:11 - Jun 1 by PunteR

That looks like a nice boozer.

I've got one gastro pub near me called Peacock Farm and its decent enough. Got a nice vibe, food is good, beer overpriced but that's standard now. There's literally nothing else for miles walking distance so i consider this a nice luxury on our new build estate.

I hear it’s a meeting spot for vinyl set DJ’s?????

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Nearest pub to where you live on 23:22 - Jun 1 with 3591 viewsjohann28

A fair few in my area, but most are now souless gastropubs where a meal plus drinks for two will be the best part of £100; there is a fullers but a pint will set you back £7 although the food isn't bad. When at home i therefore drink wine, when going out i go down the Royal Oak near London bridge (Harveys beers around £5) and then go for a byo curry round the corner.
Nearest pub to where you live on 23:30 - Jun 1 with 3559 viewsqpr_1968

Nearest pub to where you live on 23:22 - Jun 1 by johann28

A fair few in my area, but most are now souless gastropubs where a meal plus drinks for two will be the best part of £100; there is a fullers but a pint will set you back £7 although the food isn't bad. When at home i therefore drink wine, when going out i go down the Royal Oak near London bridge (Harveys beers around £5) and then go for a byo curry round the corner.

£5 a pint near london bridge is not bad...well done the royal oak.

Nearest pub to where you live on 23:34 - Jun 1 with 3537 viewscolinallcars

Nearest pub to where you live on 22:29 - Jun 1 by qpr_1968

I never used the Vic in the old days as it was the hated Watney's.
But the western extremity of Hammersmith/S Bush has some cracking pubs.
Clive's beloved C&S being one.
I did a nostalgic crawl with a mate over from Oz recently:
Raven, Thatched, Prisoner of War (Prince of Wales), Andover, Askew (much changed) and The Duchess.
Marvellous!
Er, may not have been in that order - can't remember !
[Post edited 1 Jun 23:43]
Nearest pub to where you live on 23:52 - Jun 1 with 3503 viewsqpr_1968

Nearest pub to where you live on 23:34 - Jun 1 by colinallcars

I never used the Vic in the old days as it was the hated Watney's.
But the western extremity of Hammersmith/S Bush has some cracking pubs.
Clive's beloved C&S being one.
I did a nostalgic crawl with a mate over from Oz recently:
Raven, Thatched, Prisoner of War (Prince of Wales), Andover, Askew (much changed) and The Duchess.
Marvellous!
Er, may not have been in that order - can't remember !
[Post edited 1 Jun 23:43]

all them pubs you've named there i love....except not too keen on the andover.

askew on match days is superb albeit the change over to plastic season just gone.
love the guiness in the raven...and even dropped the prices just after covid.
the duchess does good food and all the drinks have become craft ales, nice relaxing boozer with a good food area.
the crown and sceptre i loved a few years ago when gerry ran it...rip.
has become too expensive...but the thai food is quality.
the thatched never seems to change.
and the pow has had more names than brightons ground.

Nearest pub to where you live on 00:05 - Jun 2 with 3472 viewsHoopinEssex

Just moved to Harold Hill in Essex.

Local is 5 minutes from me. Love it.

Real pub. Free jukebox , 7 screens , pool table , dart board

Guinness is as good as I've had in years. Apart from them being all West Ham fans it's fine.

Blessed.
Nearest pub to where you live on 02:15 - Jun 2 with 3376 viewsqueensparker

Literally just heard the closest pub to me is closing its doors - The Mason’s Arms in Kensal Green.

Gutted, spent many a great time in there although you could tell it was coming, been totally empty for large parts of the week for years.

They lost the big garden in some sort of property dispute with London Underground a while back and never been the same since.

A lot of history gone though if it disappears, must have been a boozer for a good 150 years
Nearest pub to where you live on 03:10 - Jun 2 with 3354 viewsqprxtc

Pav.

The one and the only.
Nearest pub to where you live on 08:15 - Jun 2 with 3186 viewsLadbrokeR

The Elgin Ladbroke Grove
Nearest pub to where you live on 08:21 - Jun 2 with 3176 viewsessextaxiboy

Nearest pub to where you live on 00:05 - Jun 2 by HoopinEssex

Just moved to Harold Hill in Essex.

Local is 5 minutes from me. Love it.

Real pub. Free jukebox , 7 screens , pool table , dart board

Guinness is as good as I've had in years. Apart from them being all West Ham fans it's fine.

Blessed.

I come from Romford
The Pompadours , now all boarded up opposite the shopping centre used to be really rough a few years back . Legend has it that The Bear (now called something else) on Noak Hill Road used to have a real bear in a cage many yeasr ago .
Nearest pub to where you live on 09:10 - Jun 2 with 3116 viewsGus_iom

I'm lucky, the small town I live in still has 9 pubs, you pay between £3 - £4 a pint. The closest is 5 minutes away, the beer garden (a patch of concrete, our pubs are pretty basic in the main) backs on to the tt course. The brewery closed it down a couple of years ago, but a same-sex couple leased it off them, have reopened it as a freehouse, the new decor is, shall we say, bright, but it was great to see it absolutely heaving yesterday, the first day of this year's racing. Power to them!
I tend to walk to the Quay side, 10 minutes away if that, there's 4 pubs along it, on a nice day grab a pint, cross the road and sit in the sun by the boats. The Traf along there is my regular haunt, a camra finalist for pub of the year last year.
Nearest pub to where you live on 09:29 - Jun 2 with 3071 viewsPaddyhoops

Hammer in Hand which is about a mile walk from where I live in Watford . It’s an estate pub and I’ve been in it once.
Apparently the area I live in was once a Quaker area so no pubs were allowed.
Same as every town , pubs are having a slow death . Cheap booze from supermarkets the main culprit and the fact that the “yoof “ of today don’t see a day on the lash as a thing of Beauty anymore.
Nearest pub to where you live on 09:51 - Jun 2 with 3027 viewscyprusmel

When I lived in Nyetimber Village near Bognor Regis there were four pubs a short distance from my house, the Bear the Inglenook the Lamb and the Lion where Stan Bowles stayed for the Goodwood Races.
[Post edited 2 Jun 9:51]
Nearest pub to where you live on 10:26 - Jun 2 with 2952 viewsdmm

Nearest pub to where you live on 08:15 - Jun 2 by LadbrokeR

The Elgin Ladbroke Grove

I used to pop in there back in mid 70s. Always felt a bit edgy and when I last visited earlier this year it felt a bit the same. Do they still have live Irish folk music?
Nearest pub to where you live on 10:30 - Jun 2 with 2945 viewsWatford_Ranger

Nearest pub to where you live on 09:29 - Jun 2 by Paddyhoops

Hammer in Hand which is about a mile walk from where I live in Watford . It’s an estate pub and I’ve been in it once.
Apparently the area I live in was once a Quaker area so no pubs were allowed.
Same as every town , pubs are having a slow death . Cheap booze from supermarkets the main culprit and the fact that the “yoof “ of today don’t see a day on the lash as a thing of Beauty anymore.

Watford is a bit of a wasteland for decent pubs. Bit of a wasteland for anything really even with the money pumped in but it’s been a few years since I lived there.

Loads of pubs down here in glorious Hove and one has a QPR landlord.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024