Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. 11:22 - Jun 9 with 28496 viewswelwynranger

But it is being reported that Burnley are interested in taking Marti as their manager.
At the moment Craig Bellamy is in interim charge along with Michael Jackson as his number 2 .
The Burnley fans are very unhappy as Bellamy has no managerial experience and is considered too old at 44.
They want a manager that can get them straight back into the prem next season and have highlighted Marti amazing achievement for us.
I hope the board make him a worthwhile offer to keep him.
Little bit worried money talks
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 11:20 - Jun 13 with 3075 viewskingsburyR

Scott Parker the latest favourite for the Burnley job.

Rosenior fav now for Sunderland.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 11:24 - Jun 13 with 3025 viewsLanhoop

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 11:20 - Jun 13 by kingsburyR

Scott Parker the latest favourite for the Burnley job.

Rosenior fav now for Sunderland.

But... but... but...

What I've seen says that Rosenior walked away from Sunderland and is now interviewing at Burnley?
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 12:00 - Jun 13 with 2923 viewsNorthantsHoop

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 10:42 - Jun 13 by bosh67

After Beale turned down Wolves I said he wouldn't be going anywhere and weeks later he was off so what do I know? I would be very surprised if Marti jumped ship. I think he has a lot to prove here to show what he can do when he's not coming into a basket case team. Let's face it his stock is going to be much higher if he gets us a top 10 finish this year and even higher if we make the play offs.

Agree another season at least a decent top half finish and he will be in greater demand further up the pyramid. Of course football management and opportunities are a fluid situation and things can change quickly, but I feel Marti wants to give it a go a bit longer at QPR, but will expect backing and a bit of spending to plug a few gaps.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 16:01 - Jun 13 with 2645 viewsNorthernr

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 10:42 - Jun 13 by bosh67

After Beale turned down Wolves I said he wouldn't be going anywhere and weeks later he was off so what do I know? I would be very surprised if Marti jumped ship. I think he has a lot to prove here to show what he can do when he's not coming into a basket case team. Let's face it his stock is going to be much higher if he gets us a top 10 finish this year and even higher if we make the play offs.

Cifuentes will leave for the first decent offer he gets.
I'd be surprised if Sunderland counts as that, but at the same time I wouldn't get too attached.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 16:07 - Jun 13 with 2604 viewsGaryBannister86

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 16:01 - Jun 13 by Northernr

Cifuentes will leave for the first decent offer he gets.
I'd be surprised if Sunderland counts as that, but at the same time I wouldn't get too attached.

I don't like the sound of that, Clive. Is that inside info as to his character or just worldly-wise opinion?

I know these days it is tough to keep such types but Ipswich and it seems Sheff Wed are managing it....
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 16:11 - Jun 13 with 2583 viewsNorthernr

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 16:07 - Jun 13 by GaryBannister86

I don't like the sound of that, Clive. Is that inside info as to his character or just worldly-wise opinion?

I know these days it is tough to keep such types but Ipswich and it seems Sheff Wed are managing it....

He's very good at what he does. He's very focused and driven. He's a career progression guy. He doesn't stay anywhere very long. If a better offer comes he'll take it. It's mainly just cynical logic. Maybe he's so bowled over by us all signing about paella and Estrella that he's fallen totally in love, will stay for years and name his kids Stan and Rodney. I doubt it.

I'd be very disappointed if he went to Sunderland though. Looks like bloody chaos up there.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 16:16 - Jun 13 with 2542 viewsGaryBannister86

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 16:11 - Jun 13 by Northernr

He's very good at what he does. He's very focused and driven. He's a career progression guy. He doesn't stay anywhere very long. If a better offer comes he'll take it. It's mainly just cynical logic. Maybe he's so bowled over by us all signing about paella and Estrella that he's fallen totally in love, will stay for years and name his kids Stan and Rodney. I doubt it.

I'd be very disappointed if he went to Sunderland though. Looks like bloody chaos up there.

Thanks - I see this as the first real test of Nourry. Sure if a Premier League or massive club comes in for him then no-one can do much about that. But if he goes to Sunderland or similar, then fingers have to be pointed at Nourry, because I don't think he would go there if he was confident in what our plans were going forward.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 16:22 - Jun 13 with 2480 viewsNorthantsHoop

Maybe some comparison with Marco Silva who progressed quite quickly in England, once he took the Hull job a few years back.
Login to get fewer ads

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 16:35 - Jun 13 with 2378 viewsHayesender

Maybe they'll announce his departure after we've reached record season ticket sales.

Or maybe I'm being a cynical git as I get older?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 16:39 - Jun 13 with 2365 viewsbosh67

Yes I'd be surprised and disappointed if he went to Sunderland. I can see him moving on at the end of next season if a better offer comes in but I would hope that he wants to show what he can do at this level, because his stock can only go higher if we make top 10 this coming season. Or as you say, he perhaps falls totally in love with us and does name his children Stan and Rodney, even if they're both girls!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 16:43 - Jun 13 with 2337 viewsed_83

Even if he's entirely motivated by self-interest, then Marti jumping ship now makes absolutely no sense, for exactly the same reasons that it was always the wrong choice for Beale, or at the very least a totally unnecessary gamble.

With the greatest of respect to Hammarby, this is Marti's first properly big, visible managerial job anywhere, and obviously his first in England. He's done fantastically well for half a season, but then so have plenty of other coaches who never amounted to anything.

Leave now and - as was the case with Beale - his next job *has* to be a success, otherwise he's got nothing else to fall back on, and his six months here begins to look like a fluke. Push on this season and prove it wasn't a flash in the pan - I'm not even thinking about getting into the playoffs, just taking us from relegation certainties to top half would be huge - and he'll start being linked with far better jobs than Sunderland.

Even if it doesn't go perfectly, he can't be any worse than Ainsworth, so his reputation isn't going to be at serious risk while he's here unless he screws up monumentally. Given the way the club's being run now, and how he's got the team playing, the odds of that happening feel very low indeed.

Staying for another 12 months has all of the upsides, and none of the risks. He'd be an idiot not to do it, even if he doesn't care about QPR at all. I agree with Clive though - this time next year it'll be a very different story.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 16:46 - Jun 13 with 2309 viewsNorthernr

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 16:43 - Jun 13 by ed_83

Even if he's entirely motivated by self-interest, then Marti jumping ship now makes absolutely no sense, for exactly the same reasons that it was always the wrong choice for Beale, or at the very least a totally unnecessary gamble.

With the greatest of respect to Hammarby, this is Marti's first properly big, visible managerial job anywhere, and obviously his first in England. He's done fantastically well for half a season, but then so have plenty of other coaches who never amounted to anything.

Leave now and - as was the case with Beale - his next job *has* to be a success, otherwise he's got nothing else to fall back on, and his six months here begins to look like a fluke. Push on this season and prove it wasn't a flash in the pan - I'm not even thinking about getting into the playoffs, just taking us from relegation certainties to top half would be huge - and he'll start being linked with far better jobs than Sunderland.

Even if it doesn't go perfectly, he can't be any worse than Ainsworth, so his reputation isn't going to be at serious risk while he's here unless he screws up monumentally. Given the way the club's being run now, and how he's got the team playing, the odds of that happening feel very low indeed.

Staying for another 12 months has all of the upsides, and none of the risks. He'd be an idiot not to do it, even if he doesn't care about QPR at all. I agree with Clive though - this time next year it'll be a very different story.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

But I think we're kidding ourselves that if Burnley (I don't think they've even heard of him TBH, star fckers as somebody else said) offered him their job he wouldn't go there. He would, IMO.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 16:54 - Jun 13 with 2251 viewsKensalT

I like Marti. Who doesn't?

Lots of fans at rival clubs are casting envious eyes at our shiny new manager.

But he has had less than one season with us. And he hasn't stayed in any of his jobs for more than two years, so far.

Any Championship club with a vacancy to fill has Steve Cooper, Paul Heckingbottom, Liam Rosenior and Gary Rowett to choose from. All four are out of work, and all four have achieved more in the Championship than Marti.

Any ambitious Championship club willing to trigger a release clause would almost certainly have Carlos Corberan top of their list for Santa. Not to mention Danny Rohl.

I doubt that Marti will leave us for another Championship club before the start of next season. Although that's not to say he wouldn't be tempted by a job in another country if the opportunity was there.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 17:12 - Jun 13 with 2175 viewsPdog

Unless there is some backroom friction / broken promises we're not aware of, or Barcelona B come calling then we should all be good.

The guy's just got his feet under the table, completed the high pressure target of staying up, and now has time, which he earnt, and a free hit to implement basically anything he wants (budget permitting) with the team + has the fans (and players too probably) eating out the palm of his hand.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 17:16 - Jun 13 with 2151 viewsAntti_Heinola

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 16:54 - Jun 13 by KensalT

I like Marti. Who doesn't?

Lots of fans at rival clubs are casting envious eyes at our shiny new manager.

But he has had less than one season with us. And he hasn't stayed in any of his jobs for more than two years, so far.

Any Championship club with a vacancy to fill has Steve Cooper, Paul Heckingbottom, Liam Rosenior and Gary Rowett to choose from. All four are out of work, and all four have achieved more in the Championship than Marti.

Any ambitious Championship club willing to trigger a release clause would almost certainly have Carlos Corberan top of their list for Santa. Not to mention Danny Rohl.

I doubt that Marti will leave us for another Championship club before the start of next season. Although that's not to say he wouldn't be tempted by a job in another country if the opportunity was there.

I'd disagree with the last point unless it was a very big offer - like most managers, I suspect he was very keen to get to England and, eventually, manage in the Prem.

Bare bones.

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 17:31 - Jun 13 with 2093 viewsKensalT

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 17:16 - Jun 13 by Antti_Heinola

I'd disagree with the last point unless it was a very big offer - like most managers, I suspect he was very keen to get to England and, eventually, manage in the Prem.

I was basing that on what he has done in his career so far. He hasn't been afraid of going to new countries to get the experience.

But you are probably right. Now that he is here in England it might take something big to tempt him away. Who knows, Bayern Munich might have another vacancy in twelve months time.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 18:10 - Jun 13 with 1926 viewsnumptydumpty

What is all this meltdown about Marti going to Sunderland

Checked oddschecker, he must be longer odds than 100 to 1 and saw 27 managers name quoted at more favourable odds than this

Checked Burnley he is fifth in the betting at 25 to 1. Three above him very short odds.

We seriously have no concerns Cifuentes is leaving us before next season starts.

But if worrying is your thing the fact he is number 35 in the betting for the Sunderland role then crack on being afraid people !!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 18:15 - Jun 13 with 1903 viewsStevenageRanger

Oddschecker dont pull everything through from all sites. Go on Skybet direct and you will see Marti is 5/2 fav with them.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 18:34 - Jun 13 with 1803 viewsnumptydumpty

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 18:15 - Jun 13 by StevenageRanger

Oddschecker dont pull everything through from all sites. Go on Skybet direct and you will see Marti is 5/2 fav with them.

Wow had not seen that

Thought oddschecker had all major bookies odds - thanks for the heads up.

Just had a more extensive look, looks like Liam Rosenior heavily favoured and Marti higher in the odds because he was on Sunderlands radar before he even came to QPR.

I cant see a reason why Cifuentes moves at this time and if he did I would feel cheated ahead of time now that the club have mine and many others money due to season ticket renewal.

Would be so peed off, if Cifuentes left and would be a massive kick in the guts. And the constant merry go round would leave me feeling we are never going to ever achieve anything because these scenarios will happen ad infintum and would start to lose the trust in the human psyche.

Am thinking this is a bookies trap to get peoples money as opposed to the reality about to happen.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 18:46 - Jun 13 with 1749 viewsAntti_Heinola

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 16:46 - Jun 13 by Northernr

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

But I think we're kidding ourselves that if Burnley (I don't think they've even heard of him TBH, star fckers as somebody else said) offered him their job he wouldn't go there. He would, IMO.

Agree, and we should also remember while we say that sunderland look like a nightmare, that the club he came to 9 months ago were pretty much the gourmet equivalent of half a big mac run over by a bus and lying in the gutter.

Bare bones.

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 19:41 - Jun 13 with 1586 viewsTGRRRSSS

Could ge tempted based on Kompany, after all it does seem you are only flavour of the month a short time people starting to forget Potter now
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 20:17 - Jun 13 with 1475 viewstimcocking

Sadly, I’ll be very surprised if he’s with us next season.

Twice in quick succession. Absolutely f%%%ing sickening.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 20:35 - Jun 13 with 1401 viewsmackemlad79

😎
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 20:46 - Jun 13 with 1345 viewsdmm

Well this is looking downright depressing. Nourry better be ready to earn his stripes if this goes nipples north.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 21:19 - Jun 13 with 1226 viewsHayesender

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 20:46 - Jun 13 by dmm

Well this is looking downright depressing. Nourry better be ready to earn his stripes if this goes nipples north.

Don't worry, Beale is waiting patiently by the phone

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024