Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cow update 16:32 - Jun 17 with 1703 viewsKeithHaynes

With the nation up in arms over the skilled and snap decision making of the officer who stopped Sundays dinner escaping some professionals have had a word.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cg33v21weg3o

Had it been a knifeman or gunman you would expect any officer to do the same. To prevent a wild animal, albeit tasty with a selection of sauces from causing danger on a housing estate with kids and all manner of hazards close by in this instance was the correct decision.

Too many people with clouded agendas and points of view with no experience from behind a computer this time around. The coppers should have told them all to poke off. This officer potentially saved serious injury by making a snap decision based on training and instinct. He should be congratulated, but as many know in life, especially with this bizarre UK population the more you do the more shit you get.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cow update on 16:42 - Jun 17 with 714 viewsWhiterockin

Little wonder so many are walking away from the job. Politicians are saying they will employ X number of new officers, the facts are many new recruits are of a very poor quality because people with any sense will not do the job.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Cow update on 16:49 - Jun 17 with 706 viewsmax936

Cow update on 16:42 - Jun 17 by Whiterockin

Little wonder so many are walking away from the job. Politicians are saying they will employ X number of new officers, the facts are many new recruits are of a very poor quality because people with any sense will not do the job.

Lots are promoted above their abilities to, especially when they couldn't do the job they were doing in the first place. Apparently!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Cow update on 17:17 - Jun 17 with 680 viewsonehunglow

Animals more resp3cted than humans in many cases
Why do they bother ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cow update on 17:28 - Jun 17 with 671 viewsWingstandwood

I for one have not had a go at the police bearing in mind that people have been killed by these creatures that can weigh around 1,200 pounds of muscle. Could you imagine one of those charging into the path of a frail o.a.p, a child, or mother with pram?

Damned if they do, damned if they don't the police at times!

Argus!

Cow update on 17:28 - Jun 17 with 667 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Cow update on 17:17 - Jun 17 by onehunglow

Animals more resp3cted than humans in many cases
Why do they bother ?

Animals are generally better behaved than a lot of humans these days.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Cow update on 17:49 - Jun 17 with 643 viewsonehunglow

Exactly

Cow update on 18:27 - Jun 17 with 607 viewsWingstandwood

Here is another situation that would anger the worst possible type of indivdual i.e. those anti-police thicko's out there without an ounce of common sense.

Of type to see nothing wrong with the continued mass-breeding of killer dogs by the wrong kind of people, to supply the least responsible characters imaginable.

Ditto the very people who get angry at goverment legislation required to prevent serious incidents involving dogs that are bred to kill and maim.

The guy is lying on the floor requires emergency medical responce from trained police officers capable of saving his life providing they are not stopped from doing so by an angry dog. What would anti-police clowns do if faced with a similar situation? Throw the dog a bone?

Policeman shoots dog and enters the hysterical woman more concerned at having a go at the police officer than the wellbeing of both police officer and guy unconsious on the floor.

Argus!

Cow update on 18:34 - Jun 17 with 589 viewsKeithHaynes

Cow update on 16:49 - Jun 17 by max936

Lots are promoted above their abilities to, especially when they couldn't do the job they were doing in the first place. Apparently!

They never promote based on competency alone,

They promote upon the ability to pass written examinations and set scenarios, and it takes ages.

In all walks of life it’s the same. Many go upwards who don’t deserve it.

Half the police promoted are on a ladder of personal achievement. They evidence their competency on the back of others hard work. I could go on.

Login to get fewer ads

Cow update on 18:38 - Jun 17 with 580 viewsonehunglow

Cow update on 18:34 - Jun 17 by KeithHaynes

They promote upon the ability to pass written examinations and set scenarios, and it takes ages.

Half the police promoted are on a ladder of personal achievement. They evidence their competency on the back of others hard work. I could go on.

Keith
Where Imwas posted saw me deal with 2 of the most incompetent CCs the Met ever had ,one of whom instigated the Harvey Proctor persecution .
Jeez,I gotta be careful here

Another ,went on to be CC at Northumberland when Raold Moult was causing havoc

Cow update on 18:45 - Jun 17 with 575 viewsGwyn737

The first time I saw it my first thought was “Thank goodness they stopped it”.

I’ve seen nothing since to change my mind.
Cow update on 19:52 - Jun 17 with 534 viewsmax936

Don't disagree.

But I was told about one case in particular, not repeating it on here though.

Cow update on 20:12 - Jun 17 with 508 viewsWingstandwood

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13539239/police-probably-right-ram-cow-

The police were right according to a guy whom I guess fully appreciates the danger a creature of that power and weight would present tp the general public when out of control!

Argus!

Cow update on 20:17 - Jun 17 with 493 viewsmax936

Cow update on 20:12 - Jun 17 by Wingstandwood

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13539239/police-probably-right-ram-cow-

The police were right according to a guy whom I guess fully appreciates the danger a creature of that power and weight would present tp the general public when out of control!

Of course they were right, the officer at to act on what he saw in front of him, how quick could a vet have got there and tranquilised the animal and how much of a danger was the animal at the time? is probably the question being asked.

Cow update on 20:32 - Jun 17 with 468 viewsWingstandwood

Cow update on 20:17 - Jun 17 by max936

Of course they were right, the officer at to act on what he saw in front of him, how quick could a vet have got there and tranquilised the animal and how much of a danger was the animal at the time? is probably the question being asked.

And who needs enemies when the police get fired upon by the home secretary who is meant to belong to the same side hey?

I can understand why morale is so low in the police force with so many unempathetic, unappreciative and unsupportive nut-jobs belonging to senior rank and goverment about the place.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/cow-surrey-police-ram-hit-video-jame

Argus!

Cow update on 20:42 - Jun 17 with 456 viewsonehunglow

Cow update on 20:32 - Jun 17 by Wingstandwood

And who needs enemies when the police get fired upon by the home secretary who is meant to belong to the same side hey?

I can understand why morale is so low in the police force with so many unempathetic, unappreciative and unsupportive nut-jobs belonging to senior rank and goverment about the place.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/cow-surrey-police-ram-hit-video-jame

May was a bitch
Others just insipid.
Yvette Cooper a bleeding heart humanist will be interesting as will the putative justice secretary.
What a title .
It’s a complete misnomer

Massive early release of prisoners.nlock your doors folks

Police need to strike really but haven’t the guts

Cow update on 20:47 - Jun 17 with 448 viewsWingstandwood

Cow update on 20:42 - Jun 17 by onehunglow

May was a bitch
Others just insipid.
Yvette Cooper a bleeding heart humanist will be interesting as will the putative justice secretary.
What a title .
It’s a complete misnomer

This country has gone to the dogs in so many ways!

Argus!

Cow update on 20:52 - Jun 17 with 436 viewsWhiterockin

May was a bitch
Others just insipid.
What a title .
It’s a complete misnomer

Didn't May restructure the pension scheme even for those in contract. IMO that was the beginning of the end.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Cow update on 20:56 - Jun 17 with 419 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Cow update on 20:17 - Jun 17 by max936

Think the cops should be allowed to tranquilise unruly people too.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Cow update on 20:56 - Jun 17 with 419 viewsYrAlarch

The 'PeterPrinciple'.
Cow update on 20:59 - Jun 17 with 402 viewsonehunglow

Cow update on 20:52 - Jun 17 by Whiterockin

Didn't May restructure the pension scheme even for those in contract. IMO that was the beginning of the end.

She did.
I’ve highlighted previously what that cow did
We are still suffering the consequences
I repeat Police should have the right to strike

Cow update on 21:00 - Jun 17 with 401 viewsKeithHaynes

Cow update on 20:56 - Jun 17 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Think the cops should be allowed to tranquilise unruly people too.

Start with politician's.

Cow update on 21:02 - Jun 17 with 397 viewsonehunglow

Cow update on 21:00 - Jun 17 by KeithHaynes

Start with politician's.

Something about Yvette that makes me feel queasy
Maybe it’s her being spliced with Edward Balls

Cow update on 21:26 - Jun 17 with 356 viewsunion_jack

May was a bitch
Others just insipid.
What a title .
It’s a complete misnomer

This is why we need a more extreme opposition in Parliament, one that is known for its stance on law and order. I’ve not seen the Reform ‘contract’ but I’d imagine it will have a more hard line.

Political parties need to know that there is a majority possibly out there who want to see more extreme measures taken in law and order, immigration etc. but given the electoral system in place doesn’t reflect that in seats in Parliament.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Cow update on 21:31 - Jun 17 with 344 viewsBoundy

Cow update on 21:26 - Jun 17 by union_jack

This is why we need a more extreme opposition in Parliament, one that is known for its stance on law and order. I’ve not seen the Reform ‘contract’ but I’d imagine it will have a more hard line.

Political parties need to know that there is a majority possibly out there who want to see more extreme measures taken in law and order, immigration etc. but given the electoral system in place doesn’t reflect that in seats in Parliament.

IMO a pretty shitty way of dealing with the situation

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cow update on 21:31 - Jun 17 with 344 viewsonehunglow

Cow update on 21:26 - Jun 17 by union_jack

Vast majority was the lives of criminals and their families made the living hell they create for their victims
We want courts to punish,to be merciless and be on the side of victims not the Perps.
We want our country back l
Too right

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024