Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Expansion. 12:40 - Nov 11 with 22164 viewslifelong

Quite a few fans around me ,and on twitter, last night saying that what is the point of us expanding the stadium when we can't fill it as it is.

Personally I think we should expand it to accommodate 27K maximum.

What is the current situation regarding the expansion program?

I know this subject has been aired on here a few times but has anyone's views changed recently?
The Expansion. on 12:42 - Nov 11 with 10273 views_

One of the biggest problems is wanting to bring a mate or them wanting to come along but don't cos they'll be sitting god knows where in the stadium.

That factor affects the attendance repeatedly.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The Expansion. on 12:43 - Nov 11 with 10273 viewsOldjack

Still going ahead as far as i'm aware starting next close season over a three year period
[Post edited 11 Nov 2013 12:43]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Expansion. on 12:43 - Nov 11 with 10270 viewsLeonisGod

Big season ticket waiting list too apparently.
The Expansion. on 12:46 - Nov 11 with 10255 viewswhiterock

The Expansion. on 12:43 - Nov 11 by Oldjack

Still going ahead as far as i'm aware starting next close season over a three year period
[Post edited 11 Nov 2013 12:43]

There is no start date, how can there be?
The Expansion. on 12:48 - Nov 11 with 10228 viewsOldjack

The Expansion. on 12:46 - Nov 11 by whiterock

There is no start date, how can there be?

how can't there be? season finishes builders move in

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Expansion. on 12:50 - Nov 11 with 10214 viewstomdickharry

Whilst our PL status remains in doubt then expansion will not take place,fine example yesterday when it was not sold out at 20500 capacity.Tricky decision for board to make but football is such a fickle game that it is far better to proceed with caution,establish a good solid PL side then consider expansion, if it takes another 5 years so what.
The Expansion. on 12:58 - Nov 11 with 10155 viewsOldjack

The Expansion. on 12:50 - Nov 11 by tomdickharry

Whilst our PL status remains in doubt then expansion will not take place,fine example yesterday when it was not sold out at 20500 capacity.Tricky decision for board to make but football is such a fickle game that it is far better to proceed with caution,establish a good solid PL side then consider expansion, if it takes another 5 years so what.

What like Blackburn Bolton etc you mean, its a gamble that has to be taken sooner rather than later i'd have thought ,unless you want us to remain the smallest club in the prem

The Expansion. on 13:02 - Nov 11 with 10135 viewsDarran

The Expansion. on 12:42 - Nov 11 by _

One of the biggest problems is wanting to bring a mate or them wanting to come along but don't cos they'll be sitting god knows where in the stadium.

That factor affects the attendance repeatedly.

So the Aberdare Massive don't oh because they can't hold hands with each other?
F*ck my eyes.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

The Expansion. on 13:05 - Nov 11 with 10117 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Expansion. on 12:48 - Nov 11 by Oldjack

Not until detailed planning permission is granted, they don't.

There are issues to be sorted.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Expansion. on 13:05 - Nov 11 with 10111 viewsOldjack

The Expansion. on 13:02 - Nov 11 by Darran

So the Aberdare Massive don't oh because they can't hold hands with each other?
F*ck my eyes.

init the poor dab's got no one to hold his hand ffs

The Expansion. on 13:07 - Nov 11 with 10098 viewsJackanapes

Underground carparks are the new black

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Expansion. on 13:08 - Nov 11 with 10094 viewsDarran

The Expansion. on 13:05 - Nov 11 by Oldjack

init the poor dab's got no one to hold his hand ffs

Grown men that can't sit on their own for 90 minutes Alan,you couldn't make it up.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Expansion. on 13:10 - Nov 11 with 10083 viewstreboethjack

It still needs to go ahead, about the 25k mark would be right in my opinion. Yesterday changes nothing.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

The Expansion. on 13:12 - Nov 11 with 10069 viewsGlyn1

Expand the stadium to 32,000. If we only get average attendances of 25,000 or so then that will leave extra capacity as and when needed. The day to day running costs won't be any higher. There's nothing wrong with having spare seats at a match - it isn't a badge of shame.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Expansion. on 13:15 - Nov 11 with 10054 viewswhiterock

The Expansion. on 12:48 - Nov 11 by Oldjack

With or without planning permission, hello
The Expansion. on 13:22 - Nov 11 with 10009 viewswhiterock

One things for sure, the board will not risk our future. There are bound to be 3 and 5 year season ticket sales and it may depend on these numbers if the board goes ahead with phase one, phases 2 and 3 will only come about after sustainability and our fan base grows further.
The Expansion. on 13:34 - Nov 11 with 9945 viewsdeanscfc

24 to 25,000 intially in my opinion and then see where we are in a couple of years time.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2013 13:34]
The Expansion. on 13:35 - Nov 11 with 9932 viewsOldjack

The Expansion. on 13:15 - Nov 11 by whiterock

With or without planning permission, hello

well i'd have thought that goes without saying you tit , it's amazing how powerful those brown envelopes can be

The Expansion. on 13:35 - Nov 11 with 9932 viewsJock_The_Jack

Stoke City hardly helped the attendance figure either! I seem to recall them having a larger support at the Liberty in January. Same applies when we go away to any team other than the top 6-8, very rarely do we sell all our allocation.
The Expansion. on 13:55 - Nov 11 with 9850 viewswhiterock

The Expansion. on 13:35 - Nov 11 by Oldjack

well i'd have thought that goes without saying you tit , it's amazing how powerful those brown envelopes can be

No forgone conclusion, I won't lower myself to name calling
The Expansion. on 13:59 - Nov 11 with 9833 viewswhiterock

The Expansion. on 13:35 - Nov 11 by Jock_The_Jack

Stoke City hardly helped the attendance figure either! I seem to recall them having a larger support at the Liberty in January. Same applies when we go away to any team other than the top 6-8, very rarely do we sell all our allocation.

That's a fair point, for the record, 1,300 of the 1,700 we are getting for Fulham, sold... good effort
The Expansion. on 13:59 - Nov 11 with 9827 viewsel_pancho

The Expansion. on 12:43 - Nov 11 by LeonisGod

Big season ticket waiting list too apparently.

Then surely they should be targeting these people to sell tickets, when the games aren't selling out??

The Customer Relationship Management at the club is non-existent.

Working in the field, I have tried approaching individuals at the club to offer advice but never get a response. Shame.

Poll: As things currently stand are Huw Jenkins et al more disliked than Tony Petty?

The Expansion. on 14:02 - Nov 11 with 9816 viewswhiterock

The Expansion. on 13:59 - Nov 11 by el_pancho

Then surely they should be targeting these people to sell tickets, when the games aren't selling out??

Working in the field, I have tried approaching individuals at the club to offer advice but never get a response. Shame.

Plenty of changes here, club is moving in the right direction
The Expansion. on 14:10 - Nov 11 with 9793 viewsmax936

The Expansion. on 13:59 - Nov 11 by el_pancho

I'd have thought that the majority of empty seats yesterday were bought and payed for by season ticket holders who didn't bother attending, if "that" is the case, I'd have thought it would be difficult if not impossible to re-sell those seasts to others. There were 3 empty seats alongside me yesterday that are held by season ticket holders, I may add that they very rarely miss games.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Expansion. on 14:17 - Nov 11 with 9764 viewsItchySphincter

We need the extra seats for the walk up on the day crowd. I know plenty who were regulars at the Vetch that don't go now. For one reason or another they don't have STs and don't expect to get in on the day. If we had 5,000 advertised walk up tickets and a section to accommodate them we'd probably sell them.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024