Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" 20:06 - Dec 19 with 19699 viewsexiledclaseboy

They just keep on giving...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25457024

Poll: Tory leader

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:45 - Dec 19 with 1950 viewsmonmouth

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:42 - Dec 19 by Dr_Winston

Somehow despite basically burning £50m and playing the kind of cowardly, direct football that should have his teams supporters four square behind the plan to push him out Mackay's reputation remains intact, if not enhanced by this whole situation.

It'd be amazing if he resigned.

Funny if he went to WBA and they start running around a lot and repositioning their buses though......oh, and scoring even less goals than under Clarke.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:46 - Dec 19 with 1943 viewsreddythered

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:41 - Dec 19 by Bonjour

my 10p worth.

I have no idea who "that Turkish fella" is but I had a text 2 weeks ago from a work colleague/mate in London who was training a few Russian and Turkish work people (we're opening offices there next year). He said that one of the Turkish guys said there was a Turkish manager ready to succeed MM at Cardiff and they were just waiting for him to walk.

I laughed it off and thought nothing of it. I still don't know what's happening but mention of Turkish manager and this alleged email I'm putting 2 and 2 together.

Amusing

2+2=57284945

The Turkish manager claimed to the Turkish press we'd made him an offer. Our chairman has stated he's never heard of him. The Turkish manager resigned in summer, clearly looking for work using our name.

Tan may be a nutter, but appointing a 60 yr old with no experience of managing here, little to no success and unheard of outside of Turkey would be stretching it...

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:47 - Dec 19 with 1935 viewsUxbridge

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:42 - Dec 19 by Dr_Winston

Somehow despite basically burning £50m and playing the kind of cowardly, direct football that should have his teams supporters four square behind the plan to push him out Mackay's reputation remains intact, if not enhanced by this whole situation.

It'd be amazing if he resigned.

He's days from a payoff. He goes nowhere. Particularly as I have trouble believing WBA really have him at the top of their list.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:48 - Dec 19 with 1929 viewsmonmouth

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:46 - Dec 19 by reddythered

2+2=57284945

The Turkish manager claimed to the Turkish press we'd made him an offer. Our chairman has stated he's never heard of him. The Turkish manager resigned in summer, clearly looking for work using our name.

Tan may be a nutter, but appointing a 60 yr old with no experience of managing here, little to no success and unheard of outside of Turkey would be stretching it...

Really? Would you like a moment to just check his record to date again?

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:48 - Dec 19 with 1925 viewsacejack3065

2+2=57284945

A bit of a stretch, like appointing the kazack painter to replace ian moody
Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:49 - Dec 19 with 1909 viewsdgt73

Mackay won't walk away, that's what I read in a news paper this week, to much pride and passion. And there's me thinking he's just waiting to be pushed so he can get his compensation. WTF do I know.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:50 - Dec 19 with 1893 viewsmonmouth

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:47 - Dec 19 by Uxbridge

He's days from a payoff. He goes nowhere. Particularly as I have trouble believing WBA really have him at the top of their list.

Aye a poorer version of Clarke. His last hope probably disappeared with Fulham and Narch's slight upturn in fortunes. This is why he's desperately clinging on. If WBA really wanted him as first choice, he'd be there now with them calming his financial brow.

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:51 - Dec 19 with 1885 viewsDr_Winston

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:47 - Dec 19 by Uxbridge

Wouldn't surprise me if WBA have considered him as it goes. I doubt he's their prime candidate, but he'd definitely be an option.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:52 - Dec 19 with 1876 viewsSwansNZ

2+2=57284945

"Tan may be a nutter, but appointing a 60 yr old with no experience of managing here, little to no success and unheard of outside of Turkey would be stretching it.."

Lump on

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:53 - Dec 19 with 1856 viewsdgt73

2+2=57284945

Have you just come over on the last banana boat or something.

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:54 - Dec 19 with 1855 viewsBonjour

2+2=57284945

Like I said mate I have no idea who this guy is or what's happening at your little franchise up there. I got that text and I've just logged in here to read that bbc article. There may be nothing in it but it's a bit of a coincidence that some random Turkish employee tells my mate that and then this comes out.

I'd love for it to be true just for the text to have been correct.
Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:54 - Dec 19 with 1853 viewsUxbridge

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:51 - Dec 19 by Dr_Winston

Wouldn't surprise me if WBA have considered him as it goes. I doubt he's their prime candidate, but he'd definitely be an option.

I'd have thought they'd had enough of dour scots, especially one who hasn't exactly demonstrated he's aware the ball can be passed on the floor.

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:55 - Dec 19 with 1839 viewsDr_Winston

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:54 - Dec 19 by Uxbridge

I'd have thought they'd had enough of dour scots, especially one who hasn't exactly demonstrated he's aware the ball can be passed on the floor.

Never underestimate the predictability of English football chairmen.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:56 - Dec 19 with 1823 viewsjruss1

No way a respectable manager or football person will work for Tan. So why they are thinking along the lines of Zola is beyond me

Liverpool to hit 5/6 Saturday.
Tan tells Mackay - on 20:56 - Dec 19 with 1823 viewsgyrjack

2+2=57284945

How would that be stretching it? U lot never cease to surprise lol

I wouldnt be surprised if yor team turns up at Anfield with 'We love Vinny' on their shirts, or the back of their shorts!

shorts which would obviously have to be worn at chest height!
[Post edited 19 Dec 2013 21:01]
Tan tells Mackay - on 20:57 - Dec 19 with 1764 viewsUxbridge

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:55 - Dec 19 by Dr_Winston

Never underestimate the predictability of English football chairmen.

They're usually quite sane up there though. If it was Fulham or Norwich I'd have much less trouble believing it. Still, funny either way!
[Post edited 19 Dec 2013 20:57]

Tan tells Mackay - on 20:57 - Dec 19 with 1763 viewsreddythered

Tan tells Mackay - on 20:40 - Dec 19 by monmouth

Sooo....1) happier or unhappier when he goes? 2) do you think anyone in their right mind who is any good or has an iota of self respect would take a job working for this utter barking dingbat?

edit; more than likely having not a penny to spend
[Post edited 19 Dec 2013 20:41]

1) Difficult to say. Mackay is still learning a fair bit about management, he's certainly made us tough to beat. On the downside, that's at the expense of going foreward. Like Jones he holds grudges and has favourites.

Example; fell out with Craig Conway. Conway isn't your Townsend type winger, but puts a shift in, can cross the ball and chips in with goals. After falling out with Mackay, banished for ages. Brought back towards the end of the season, did well enough. Conway was left out of the 25 man squad and loaned to Brighton. Tommy Smith meanwhile is in the 25 man squad, hasn't featured and won't feature.

Some of the attacking decisions have seemed odd. Whilst a certain website claims Tan bought Velikonja, not Mackay, Mackay's own quotes indicated he wanted him. Nearly bought him at Watford. Velikonja has featured for what 60 minutes or so in league games, both in the Championship. Safe to say he'll not play for us again. Cornelius looks decent, but needs game time. Against WBA, holding on, do you take a tiring Campbell off for Cornelius, who at 6ft 4 would be also useful defending set pieces? No, Mackay went with Nicky Maynard.

Craig Noone was ignored for ten games. Comes off bench, starts against West Brom, we immediately look better going forward.

A lot of that may be down to inexperience. Maybe it's the case inexperience doesn't help remain in the Prem. Maybe Mackay will be a great manager over time, maybe not. So realistically, all I can say is my view will depend on who comes in and what the end result is. Only with hindsight can we tell what the right decision is.

2) It's still a Prem job. That in itself has attractions and being honest, most managers wouldn't give a sh1t - a Prem job on the CV, decent money. All goes wrong for them, blame Tan. All goes right, they look fantastic.

As for money, I suspect it would be a lack of funds for Mackay rather than a total lack of funds. Tan was burnt by Dave Jones and some of the Moody/Macky buys.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:58 - Dec 19 with 1750 viewsJoe_bradshaw

What's happening here?

Tan says resign or be sacked on Monday but still hasn't sacked him.

Mackay fancies the WBA job and has had a nod so tries to force the issue by leaking the e-mail.

Tan sees the Mackay plan and doesn't sack him until WBA fill their vacancy out of spite.

That's my crazy theory and knowing what we know about Tan I reckon I've as much chance as most of being close.

Whatever It's cheered me up after a s**t day.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:58 - Dec 19 with 1733 viewsreddythered

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:54 - Dec 19 by Bonjour

Like I said mate I have no idea who this guy is or what's happening at your little franchise up there. I got that text and I've just logged in here to read that bbc article. There may be nothing in it but it's a bit of a coincidence that some random Turkish employee tells my mate that and then this comes out.

I'd love for it to be true just for the text to have been correct.

Yeah, I'm not having a go or anything.

It was in the Turkish media so I'm not surprised a Turkish employee knew about it, the text would have been correct. I'd be convinced it's nothing to do with this situation.

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:59 - Dec 19 with 1719 viewsjruss1

Mackay even got his old mate Brendan to slag Tan off in the press as well.
Tan tells Mackay - on 20:59 - Dec 19 with 1716 viewsDr_Winston

Tan tells Mackay - on 20:57 - Dec 19 by Uxbridge

They're usually quite sane up there though. If it was Fulham or Norwich I'd have much less trouble believing it. Still, funny either way!
[Post edited 19 Dec 2013 20:57]

They appointed Megson, Bryan Robson and Tony Mowbray for Chrissakes!

Tan tells Mackay - on 21:00 - Dec 19 with 1712 viewsreddythered

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 20:58 - Dec 19 by Joe_bradshaw

What's happening here?

Tan says resign or be sacked on Monday but still hasn't sacked him.

Mackay fancies the WBA job and has had a nod so tries to force the issue by leaking the e-mail.

Tan sees the Mackay plan and doesn't sack him until WBA fill their vacancy out of spite.

That's my crazy theory and knowing what we know about Tan I reckon I've as much chance as most of being close.

Whatever It's cheered me up after a s**t day.

You must have ESP as you've just read my mind, other than I question if there was an email.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2013 21:00]

Tan tells Mackay - on 21:02 - Dec 19 with 1684 viewsUxbridge

Tan tells Mackay - on 20:59 - Dec 19 by Dr_Winston

They appointed Megson, Bryan Robson and Tony Mowbray for Chrissakes!

Aye, that's checkmate. Oh well.

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 21:07 - Dec 19 with 1623 viewsdgt73

Anyway FU*K CARDIFF CITY FC. BUNCH OF KENTS.

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 21:08 - Dec 19 with 1613 viewsreddythered

Tan tells Mackay - "Resign or be sacked" on 21:07 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Anyway FU*K CARDIFF CITY FC. BUNCH OF KENTS.

You love us. You'd have nothing to bitch about otherwise. Oh wait...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024