Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread 14:43 - Jan 9 with 63294 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:26 - Jan 10 with 2869 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:18 - Jan 10 by lifelong

"Taffy c'nt" ... Charming.

A professional one-eyed Welshman who bores everyone shitless with endless, predictable drivel.

You knew what I meant...
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:27 - Jan 10 with 2848 viewsVetchitBack

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:15 - Jan 10 by Jack_Kass

So he's only playing for Swansea because he's got the stamina of a lethargic sloth. I can't have that

Your hyperbole not mine.

No-one is saying he's playing well at the moment,

I'm saying he doesn't deserve the singling out and sometimes gets blamed as his play is too intelligent for sone of our other players. They are often a step behind. Today this was mainly Emnes and all of the time it's Gomis.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:29 - Jan 10 with 2835 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:01 - Jan 10 by AngelRangelQS

We don't have the quality mate.

There's next to no chance of 3 points Wednesday. The ones who played today aren't much worse than the ones who will play Wednesday

We'll see but bring in Britton, gylfi, routs, ayew, Williams, Fernandez, Taylor and Rangel , if you think they are only marginally better than those today then we are in trouble. I think they are considerably better.
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:32 - Jan 10 with 2777 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:29 - Jan 10 by Treforys_Jack

We'll see but bring in Britton, gylfi, routs, ayew, Williams, Fernandez, Taylor and Rangel , if you think they are only marginally better than those today then we are in trouble. I think they are considerably better.

The defence undoubtably is.

Going forward I'm not so sure
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:36 - Jan 10 with 2726 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:27 - Jan 10 by VetchitBack

Your hyperbole not mine.

I'm saying he doesn't deserve the singling out and sometimes gets blamed as his play is too intelligent for sone of our other players. They are often a step behind. Today this was mainly Emnes and all of the time it's Gomis.

I have always liked Shelvey, but he was poor today, a lot of his passes were over or underhit so that the intended recipient either could catch the ball or it was easily intercepted before it got to them.
To blame Emnes is ludicrous, he had a far better game than JJS.
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:38 - Jan 10 with 2670 viewsJackanapes

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:01 - Jan 10 by AngelRangelQS

We don't have the quality mate.

There's next to no chance of 3 points Wednesday. The ones who played today aren't much worse than the ones who will play Wednesday

Truly sickening.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:40 - Jan 10 with 2642 viewsshandyjack

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:29 - Jan 10 by Treforys_Jack

think it says more about his football knowledge if he doesn't see them as significantly better

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:40 - Jan 10 with 2637 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:27 - Jan 10 by VetchitBack

Your hyperbole not mine.

I think they are usually a few steps ahead to be fair.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:41 - Jan 10 with 2622 viewsGriffting

We scored two goals today which should be enough to put a league two side away. The problem was our defence. If we had played the defence that started at palace that would have been a completely different story. Simply cannot afford to play a completely new back four who have a handful of games between them and less, maybe even none as a unit. Did it against Birmingham a couple years back got punished, did it again Blackburn last season and got punished and did it today and got punished. A few key players got a rest today, could turn out vital but it came at the cost of going out of the fa cup and looking a bit silly. If we finish 17th or higher at the end of the season I won't be looking back in anger at this result if I'm completely honest.
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:43 - Jan 10 with 2599 viewstrampie

Positives from today was the effort put in apart from Shelvey who was a disgrace as usual.

On the balance of play with average luck then I thought the Swans fringe team were marginally the better side against one of the better teams in League 2 on their patch with the Swans just losting out by the odd goal in 5 with the run of the ball and decisions going against them.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:44 - Jan 10 with 2580 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:43 - Jan 10 by trampie

Positives from today was the effort put in apart from Shelvey who was a disgrace as usual.

On the balance of play with average luck then I thought the Swans fringe team were marginally the better side against one of the better teams in League 2 on their patch with the Swans just losting out by the odd goal in 5 with the run of the ball and decisions going against them.

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:45 - Jan 10 with 2557 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:38 - Jan 10 by Jackanapes

Truly sickening.

Sorry where's the evidence to the contrary then?
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:48 - Jan 10 with 2516 viewsVetchitBack

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:36 - Jan 10 by A_Fans_Dad

I have always liked Shelvey, but he was poor today, a lot of his passes were over or underhit so that the intended recipient either could catch the ball or it was easily intercepted before it got to them.
To blame Emnes is ludicrous, he had a far better game than JJS.

I'm not blaming Emnes for today or anything else. His and mainly Gomis' slow thinking contribute to half the forum scapegoating Shelvey.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:52 - Jan 10 with 2477 viewsStarsky

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:06 - Jan 10 by perchrockjack

It's because we be seen it before union.

The positive jerks on here are simply whistling past the graveyard.

Our club is unravelling at a rate of knots and it shows no sign of stopping.

We ve got plenty of experts on here, who really know as little as I do .

It's put me off my lunch

Why don't you try and stop point scoring against other posters you fecking plum.
There's plenty to comment on without you trying to justify your opinions over the last couple of months.
Truce over.

It's just the internet, init.

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:53 - Jan 10 with 2471 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:48 - Jan 10 by VetchitBack

I'm not blaming Emnes for today or anything else. His and mainly Gomis' slow thinking contribute to half the forum scapegoating Shelvey.

Think it was more to do with jjs taking too many touches then playing the Hollywood ball.
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:58 - Jan 10 with 2403 viewsLeonisGod

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:20 - Jan 10 by pencoedjack

I thought Shepherd was run ragged by their winger

Thought he tried to play and looked tidy on the ball, but I agree their winger won the battle. He needs to be more streetwise and he'll only get that with game time.
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:59 - Jan 10 with 2393 viewsStarsky

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:48 - Jan 10 by VetchitBack

You're way off the mark in my opinion

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:07 - Jan 10 with 2318 viewsJackanapes

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:45 - Jan 10 by AngelRangelQS

Sorry where's the evidence to the contrary then?

you want me to provide evidence that we have a chance of three points on wed? tw@t

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:12 - Jan 10 with 2276 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:07 - Jan 10 by Jackanapes

you want me to provide evidence that we have a chance of three points on wed? tw@t

We'll see. We need the points desperately but sadly I just don't see it. Who is going to even score a goal for us?

Due to awful signings we are left with a threadbare squad with very little quality. We've not no real manager, a bunch of players who don't care. Lets just hope Sunderland are even sh*tter than we are eh?
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:14 - Jan 10 with 2256 viewsshandyjack

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:12 - Jan 10 by AngelRangelQS

We'll see. We need the points desperately but sadly I just don't see it. Who is going to even score a goal for us?

Due to awful signings we are left with a threadbare squad with very little quality. We've not no real manager, a bunch of players who don't care. Lets just hope Sunderland are even sh*tter than we are eh?

Ayew,Baf,Jeff,Siggy,Ki all very capable of scoring a goal against a Sunderland team

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:16 - Jan 10 with 2235 viewsStarsky

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:12 - Jan 10 by AngelRangelQS

Oh ffs shut up.
This is nothing like the side that's going to be playing Sunderland. You're like a headless chicken these days

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:20 - Jan 10 with 2182 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:16 - Jan 10 by Starsky

Oh ffs shut up.
This is nothing like the side that's going to be playing Sunderland. You're like a headless chicken these days

People talk as if it was a team of stiffs out there today.

Defence aside (and every man and his dog have been calling for Tabanou to replace Taylor), along with Grimes and Emnes, the rest are first team players who have played in the majority of our games to date.

You don't think Montero who, goal aside, did nothing today against a league two full back will feature Wednesday? What about Shelvey? Gomis?

If you're happy with the level of performance today and this season in general then good for you. The players who played today we are likely going to have to rely on over the next 4 months. Hardly fills you with confidence does it?
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:23 - Jan 10 with 2140 viewsStarsky

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:20 - Jan 10 by AngelRangelQS

Defence aside (and every man and his dog have been calling for Tabanou to replace Taylor), along with Grimes and Emnes, the rest are first team players who have played in the majority of our games to date.

You don't think Montero who, goal aside, did nothing today against a league two full back will feature Wednesday? What about Shelvey? Gomis?

If you're happy with the level of performance today and this season in general then good for you. The players who played today we are likely going to have to rely on over the next 4 months. Hardly fills you with confidence does it?

Why do your type always churn out the ridiculous "if you're happy with that ... "
Pour yourself a coffee and go and get some perspective.

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:25 - Jan 10 with 2123 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:20 - Jan 10 by AngelRangelQS

Stiffs as in reserves - yes it was a team of stiffs
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:26 - Jan 10 with 2095 viewsshandyjack

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:25 - Jan 10 by Treforys_Jack

Stiffs as in reserves - yes it was a team of stiffs

reserves because only 1 player today will start on Wednesday with 2 /3 featuring from the bench. the rest will only see first team football due to injury.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024