Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread 14:43 - Jan 9 with 63286 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:27 - Jan 10 with 2824 viewsStarsky

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:25 - Jan 10 by Treforys_Jack

Stiffs as in reserves - yes it was a team of stiffs

Heads gone with AQRS I'm afraid. Used to be one of the best posters on here.
It's almost as if someone's hacked his account.

It's just the internet, init.

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:28 - Jan 10 with 2809 viewsshandyjack

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:27 - Jan 10 by Starsky

Heads gone with AQRS I'm afraid. Used to be one of the best posters on here.
It's almost as if someone's hacked his account.

has he turned into T2C and DYSS mixed together

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:29 - Jan 10 with 2807 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:23 - Jan 10 by Starsky

Why do your type always churn out the ridiculous "if you're happy with that ... "
Pour yourself a coffee and go and get some perspective.

So what's your take on it then? Happy to go out today?

The perspective is that we have lost at a league two side, quiet comprehensively with a team made up mainly of first team players.

So Ayew may start upfront on Wednesday. Is he really any better than Gomis? Routledge a huge improvement on Emnes? Ki an upgrade on Cork? Not much in it on any of those for me.

I appreciate that today isn't the end of the world but it's just another nail in our coffin IMO.
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:30 - Jan 10 with 2786 viewsshandyjack

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:29 - Jan 10 by AngelRangelQS

The perspective is that we have lost at a league two side, quiet comprehensively with a team made up mainly of first team players.

So Ayew may start upfront on Wednesday. Is he really any better than Gomis? Routledge a huge improvement on Emnes? Ki an upgrade on Cork? Not much in it on any of those for me.

I appreciate that today isn't the end of the world but it's just another nail in our coffin IMO.

the team was in no way made up of first teamers, you won't see that back 5 anywhere near the side bar an injury or suspension for the rest of the season.

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:32 - Jan 10 with 2772 viewsStarsky

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:29 - Jan 10 by AngelRangelQS

Oh, you churned out the "are you happy" line again.

Perspective is something between being happy and being doomed.

Have an Expresso double shot

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:35 - Jan 10 with 2741 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:25 - Jan 10 by Treforys_Jack

Stiffs as in reserves - yes it was a team of stiffs

Well paid stiffs but being well paid doesn't give you match fitness and sharpness. If you listen to people who know a lot more about European football than me tabanou was a great signing and st Etienne were reluctant to part with him. What the hell has happened to him I don't know. His physical appearance today was an embarrassment, well overweight which is not acceptable when your on many thousands a week. I'll reserve judgment on grimes until I see him playing with Leon, siggy and ki. Not an acceptable performance today but let's face it there can't be many of us who are that surprised.
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:36 - Jan 10 with 2725 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:30 - Jan 10 by shandyjack

the team was in no way made up of first teamers, you won't see that back 5 anywhere near the side bar an injury or suspension for the rest of the season.

Defence fair enough I accept that.

Cork, Gomis, Shelvey, Montero - all first team regulars.

Grimes started at Palace, Emnes started at palace.

Unless they're sold you'd expect them all to feature over the course of the season. God forbid we get an injury or suspension at the back and we may very well see some of them too.

Probably an over reaction I know but I felt we needed a win and strong performance today to give us confidence.
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:43 - Jan 10 with 2673 viewsshandyjack

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:36 - Jan 10 by AngelRangelQS

Unless they're sold you'd expect them all to feature over the course of the season. God forbid we get an injury or suspension at the back and we may very well see some of them too.

Probably an over reaction I know but I felt we needed a win and strong performance today to give us confidence.

of course they'll feature, but not all at once like today, normally they'll come into a settled team and blood in from there.
Your back 5 breathes confidence into the whole team, if it's shaky the whole team is shaky. Go into the ht break 1-0 up instead of 1-1 because of a daft challenge then the game is a different story

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:48 - Jan 10 with 2626 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:43 - Jan 10 by shandyjack

of course they'll feature, but not all at once like today, normally they'll come into a settled team and blood in from there.
Your back 5 breathes confidence into the whole team, if it's shaky the whole team is shaky. Go into the ht break 1-0 up instead of 1-1 because of a daft challenge then the game is a different story

Agree with the back 5 and fingers crossed that is one thing that Curt has sorted out - aside from today obviously.

Of course we have a chance on Wednesday. Sunderland are an awful side too. Hopefully the rest that the players have had will serve us well and the people who have given me stick on this thread can bump it up and prove me wrong.
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:50 - Jan 10 with 2610 viewsmax936

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:35 - Jan 10 by Treforys_Jack

Well paid stiffs but being well paid doesn't give you match fitness and sharpness. If you listen to people who know a lot more about European football than me tabanou was a great signing and st Etienne were reluctant to part with him. What the hell has happened to him I don't know. His physical appearance today was an embarrassment, well overweight which is not acceptable when your on many thousands a week. I'll reserve judgment on grimes until I see him playing with Leon, siggy and ki. Not an acceptable performance today but let's face it there can't be many of us who are that surprised.

In fairness Grimes came with a ringing indorsement from Steve Perryman that he was the next Glen Hoddle, they are absolutely massive boots to fill and he looks anything but, I've seen him several times now and my opinion as always been the same, just why he gets chances and Sheehan doesn't has got to come down to the money we spent on him, there's no other explanation for me.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:53 - Jan 10 with 2597 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:48 - Jan 10 by AngelRangelQS

Agree with the back 5 and fingers crossed that is one thing that Curt has sorted out - aside from today obviously.

Of course we have a chance on Wednesday. Sunderland are an awful side too. Hopefully the rest that the players have had will serve us well and the people who have given me stick on this thread can bump it up and prove me wrong.

There is one big difference, they have Defoe, we have Gomis.
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:59 - Jan 10 with 2558 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:50 - Jan 10 by max936

In fairness Grimes came with a ringing indorsement from Steve Perryman that he was the next Glen Hoddle, they are absolutely massive boots to fill and he looks anything but, I've seen him several times now and my opinion as always been the same, just why he gets chances and Sheehan doesn't has got to come down to the money we spent on him, there's no other explanation for me.

He's hardly played this season so why haven't we slung him out on loan somewhere?
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 16:17 - Jan 10 with 2454 viewslancasterswan

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:36 - Jan 10 by AngelRangelQS

I don't think Gomis and Shelvey will be first team regulars for very much longer even if they stay. One is a trier with no vision, awareness or ball skills at his feet. He reminds me of a rather clumsy Ampadu. The other appears completely disinterested, even to the extent he almost seems to want to throw the game, as in the sock-pull-up incident today. I have never seen anything like that before.

The defeat I don't mind, we don't need any kind of cup run, look at the Blackburn defeat last year and what happened afterwards. Oxford were very good and deserved the win because they wanted it so much and we didn't. It hurts at the moment but tomorrows bitter headlines will be Tuesdays chip paper.
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 16:32 - Jan 10 with 2341 viewstrampie

Nice post

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 16:47 - Jan 10 with 2273 viewsDJack

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:12 - Jan 10 by AngelRangelQS

We'll see. We need the points desperately but sadly I just don't see it. Who is going to even score a goal for us?

Due to awful signings we are left with a threadbare squad with very little quality. We've not no real manager, a bunch of players who don't care. Lets just hope Sunderland are even sh*tter than we are eh?

What happened to the original ARQS?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 16:51 - Jan 10 with 2242 viewsJackanapes

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 16:47 - Jan 10 by DJack

Going through the menopause like a few others on here. Quite fascinating watching grown men in the grip of such unfathomable hysteria.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2016 16:51]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 16:53 - Jan 10 with 2223 viewsmonmouth

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 16:17 - Jan 10 by lancasterswan

I don't think Gomis and Shelvey will be first team regulars for very much longer even if they stay. One is a trier with no vision, awareness or ball skills at his feet. He reminds me of a rather clumsy Ampadu. The other appears completely disinterested, even to the extent he almost seems to want to throw the game, as in the sock-pull-up incident today. I have never seen anything like that before.

The defeat I don't mind, we don't need any kind of cup run, look at the Blackburn defeat last year and what happened afterwards. Oxford were very good and deserved the win because they wanted it so much and we didn't. It hurts at the moment but tomorrows bitter headlines will be Tuesdays chip paper.

To be fair, after a pleasant lunch and two pints of Doombar, I'm already over it. I remember Leeds, top of Div 1 putting out a full team of international stars in 1971and getting turned over in exactly the same manner at Colchester. Now that was a shock. Or newcastle at Hereford. We weren't going anywhere in the cup this year anyway. Give Oxford their 15 minutes in the sun with good grace. They deserve it.

Our important fish are still to fry. Looking forward to Wednesday now and seeing what unwinds.....and for the first time ever I think, I'll be cheering for ManUnd on Tuesday.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 16:58 - Jan 10 with 2180 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 16:47 - Jan 10 by DJack

I stand by the post you quoted. I honestly don't see what's inaccurate about it
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 17:00 - Jan 10 with 2171 viewsStarsky

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 16:58 - Jan 10 by AngelRangelQS

Well you you wouldn't disagree with what you posted would you?
That's our job.

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 17:05 - Jan 10 with 2145 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 17:00 - Jan 10 by Starsky

Well you you wouldn't disagree with what you posted would you?
That's our job.

Ha fair enough yes!

Not going to get three points on Wednesday, doomed to relegation, today's side close to full strength... Overreaction to a very frustrating afternoon and few months yes I admit.

Saying that we are awful this season, we can't score goals and we have bought badly... I thought everyone agrees with that?!!
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 17:06 - Jan 10 with 2139 viewsperchrockjack

I had some cheese for lunch but it tasted stale

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 17:10 - Jan 10 with 2113 viewstrampie

Oxford won a 3-2 shoot out and had the rub of the green and were on the right side of the refs decisions the ref booked a Swansea player for a dive when he was clearly caught, gave Oxford a penalty when there did not seem to be any contact, refused to give the Swans a pen when a Swans player was pushed in the back with Oxford then breaking up field and scoring to go 3-1 up [a cynic might say it would then be ok to give to Swans a decision at that point if there was any favouritism towards the home team].

Oxford going well in their league at home against a Swans fringe team was always likely to be a home win in the circumstances, on another day judging by the close balance of play it could have been 2-3 to the Swans.
Because of Swans current league position our fringe team losing a competitive match that could have gone either way might not be a disaster [if we stay up].

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 17:30 - Jan 10 with 2007 viewsDJack

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 16:58 - Jan 10 by AngelRangelQS

It was not that post particularly. It's the whining negativity that's infected you over the last few months - I'm not having a pop at you just your postings. In the past I've often disagreed with your posts but I saw you as a good poster. Now you appear to be a doom-mongering, kneejerker with little or no objectivity. Today saw us play a scratch squad against successful, albeit L2, team who score plenty of goals and gave it all they had.

There are obviously issues at the club but predicting our end midway through the season is a bit premature, although I do agree that we need a massive effort/change from the club - players and board alike.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 17:46 - Jan 10 with 1931 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 17:30 - Jan 10 by DJack

It was not that post particularly. It's the whining negativity that's infected you over the last few months - I'm not having a pop at you just your postings. In the past I've often disagreed with your posts but I saw you as a good poster. Now you appear to be a doom-mongering, kneejerker with little or no objectivity. Today saw us play a scratch squad against successful, albeit L2, team who score plenty of goals and gave it all they had.

There are obviously issues at the club but predicting our end midway through the season is a bit premature, although I do agree that we need a massive effort/change from the club - players and board alike.

My posts have just reflected the way I have been feeling over these last few months. Perhaps expectations have increased but other than that I can tell you that I am totally disillusioned with some of the players in our squad who are draining our funds without giving anything back.

I personally think that the so called fringe players should be stepping up in games like today. Yes Oxford are on good form and are a tidy side but as the premier league team we should be beating them hands down.

I have also been very disappointed with the way the club has been run over the last couple of years. I feel that we have allowed arrogance/complaceny to set in and again those who are to blame are taking away big money from the club at the same time.

I honestly feel that the decision to give the job to Curtis shows how badly run we have now become. If someone had told you in August that by January Alan Curtis would be our manager, you'd have had them locked up.

I feel that today, added to our league position, performances, signings, the way we dealt with Monk's departure really shows how far our stock has dropped recently. I don't see us as a side with an incredible amount of fight - certainly we didn't fight for monk even if it has improved under Curtis, I don't think we have as much quality as others may think we do and I also don't think we are being that well at present. Seems to me that we have all the classic hallmarks of a side/club doomed to relegation this season.

If we do survive which of course remains more than possible, I think we have a hell of a lot of work to do to put things right
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 17:51 - Jan 10 with 1896 viewsvetchonian

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 17:05 - Jan 10 by AngelRangelQS

Ha fair enough yes!

Not going to get three points on Wednesday, doomed to relegation, today's side close to full strength... Overreaction to a very frustrating afternoon and few months yes I admit.

Saying that we are awful this season, we can't score goals and we have bought badly... I thought everyone agrees with that?!!

I cannot see how you can say this side close to full strength.3rd? Choice RB 10 changes from last Saturdays side. Yes Gomis,Shelvey have been first team regulars along with Cork but I can't see how you can make absurd statements
[Post edited 10 Jan 2016 18:38]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024