Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smithies 13:10 - May 3 with 9534 viewskingsburyR

What with his disappearance in the last couple of games please don't tell me he has impressed so much in 6 months that he is off in the summer.

It was getting to the point that it was safer to give away a penalty then a corner or free kick around the box!!!

I'll be very upset if Smithies isn't with us next season. (Although Ingram is a fine goal keeper in his own right!)

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Smithies on 13:14 - May 3 with 5508 viewsRangersw12

I think he is just giving Ingram a run out seeing as we have nothing to play for
Smithies on 13:30 - May 3 with 5426 viewsdaveB

If someone comes in and offers us 5 million for Smothies then I'd sell him, job done and we have a good replacement but I just think JFH is having a look at Ingram ahead of next season.
Smithies on 13:33 - May 3 with 5398 viewsAntti_Heinola

I was wondering that, but as dave says, if someone does come in and offer a very decent sum, then we sell - simple as, really. Would be a shame, as I really like him, but that's how we need to operate now.

Bare bones.

Smithies on 13:36 - May 3 with 5373 viewsLongsufferingR

I'm sure I read that JFH has said Smithies is his number 1 for next season. So, 2 reasons for playing Ingram are to get a good idea of him at this level, and also to stop other clubs seeing Smithies in action who may want to buy him in the summer.
Smithies on 13:37 - May 3 with 5370 viewspaulparker

I did hear that Palace & Villa were sniffing around him which might explain why he hasn't featured, im all for giving Ingram a go (I think he looks very decent btw) but I was a bit surprised Smithies didn't make the bench

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Smithies on 13:41 - May 3 with 5349 viewsHerzog

Smithies on 13:37 - May 3 by paulparker

I did hear that Palace & Villa were sniffing around him which might explain why he hasn't featured, im all for giving Ingram a go (I think he looks very decent btw) but I was a bit surprised Smithies didn't make the bench

different point but I can't understand why JFH left Luongo and Chery at home yesterday.

That was a big game. Why not play cherry off Polter and Luongo instead of Henry? Chery might have put one of those chances away in the first half.

Either of them injured?
Smithies on 13:45 - May 3 with 5317 viewstraininvain

Smithies on 13:41 - May 3 by Herzog

different point but I can't understand why JFH left Luongo and Chery at home yesterday.

That was a big game. Why not play cherry off Polter and Luongo instead of Henry? Chery might have put one of those chances away in the first half.

Either of them injured?

Chery injured according to his twitter.
Smithies on 13:48 - May 3 with 5291 viewsbosh67

I think they are just giving the kid a chance. Smithies will still be number 1 but Matt is extremely good.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Smithies on 13:51 - May 3 with 5284 viewskingsburyR

I think Smithies can be as good as Seaman.

He is rock solid in every aspect of his game.

I see Southend's Bentley is letting his contract run down. Possible replacement???

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Smithies on 13:53 - May 3 with 5269 viewsGloucs_R

I posted on Sat...

Forster to Chelsea, Smithies to Southampton. Exactly the type of player they would sign. I reckon he would go for £5m.

If he does, good luck to him. If not, we have two very good keepers next season.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7123730/Chelsea-transfer-new

Poll: Are we staying up?

Smithies on 14:00 - May 3 with 5243 viewsSimonJames

I heard that Greeno had Smithies kidnapped, hoping that he would get picked for a couple of games to get himself in the shop window... but foolishly forgot about Ingram.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Smithies on 14:00 - May 3 with 5240 viewsAntti_Heinola

Smithies on 13:53 - May 3 by Gloucs_R

I posted on Sat...

Forster to Chelsea, Smithies to Southampton. Exactly the type of player they would sign. I reckon he would go for £5m.

If he does, good luck to him. If not, we have two very good keepers next season.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7123730/Chelsea-transfer-new

Why would Forster leave upwardly mobile Southampton for mid-table mediocrity at Chelsea, with fans so bitter about their season the most excited they've got is getting a 2-2 draw with Spurs? ;)

Bare bones.

Smithies on 14:05 - May 3 with 5219 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Maybe, just this once, it's lesson learned.

We never played McCarthy, and by the time we wanted to he was already rusty and pissed off.

No conspiracy here I think.
Smithies on 14:07 - May 3 with 5206 viewsGloucs_R

Smithies on 14:00 - May 3 by Antti_Heinola

Why would Forster leave upwardly mobile Southampton for mid-table mediocrity at Chelsea, with fans so bitter about their season the most excited they've got is getting a 2-2 draw with Spurs? ;)

Apart from the £££££££££££? No idea

Smithies on 14:11 - May 3 with 5195 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Smithies on 14:00 - May 3 by SimonJames

I heard that Greeno had Smithies kidnapped, hoping that he would get picked for a couple of games to get himself in the shop window... but foolishly forgot about Ingram.

Probably did kidnap Ingram as well but gave it away as usual.
[Post edited 3 May 2016 14:12]
Smithies on 14:48 - May 3 with 5116 viewsNorthernr

I am slightly concerned. Ingram is very good, and will get better, but Smithies is something else. Was absolutely delighted when we signed him and he's been fantastic for us so far. Hope he plays on Saturday.
Smithies on 15:14 - May 3 with 5035 viewsGloucs_R

Smithies on 14:48 - May 3 by Northernr

I am slightly concerned. Ingram is very good, and will get better, but Smithies is something else. Was absolutely delighted when we signed him and he's been fantastic for us so far. Hope he plays on Saturday.

Think someone could be interested in him?

Smithies on 15:19 - May 3 with 5016 viewsNorthernr

Smithies on 15:14 - May 3 by Gloucs_R

Think someone could be interested in him?

Probably but I don't think that would mean he was left out.
Smithies on 15:23 - May 3 with 4992 viewsGloucs_R

Smithies on 15:19 - May 3 by Northernr

Probably but I don't think that would mean he was left out.

Could be issues at home, hasnt he recently had another baby? (OR did I randomly make that up?!)

Smithies on 15:34 - May 3 with 4965 viewspomanjou

Smithies on 13:41 - May 3 by Herzog

Either of them injured?

That was not a big game FOR US at all, with nothing hanging on it except pride and the opportunity to further blood some of alternatives.

Of course loads of clubs in ther Prem and Champs will have taken note of Smithies performances but he is contracted to us and I don't think he will be going anywhere for any cheap money (£5m) deals with Hoos, Ferdinand and Co calling the shots. If he was to be going I reckon the auction should start around £8m bwdik.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Smithies on 15:34 - May 3 with 4962 viewsBoston

I heard Smithies is doing a stretch for robbing....other teams of goals.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Smithies on 15:36 - May 3 with 4957 viewsaston_hoop

I get the feeling that Hasselbaink is using the excuse of giving Matt Ingram some game time to keep Smithies out of the shop window a bit. 2 young keepers who we can rely on next season is an excellent position to be in and I'm confident Smithies will start it as number 1. I was also confident that Samba Diakite would be our player of the season the following year after that great end to his first half season so I am obviously an expert predictor.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Smithies on 15:38 - May 3 with 4941 viewspomanjou

Smithies on 15:36 - May 3 by aston_hoop

I get the feeling that Hasselbaink is using the excuse of giving Matt Ingram some game time to keep Smithies out of the shop window a bit. 2 young keepers who we can rely on next season is an excellent position to be in and I'm confident Smithies will start it as number 1. I was also confident that Samba Diakite would be our player of the season the following year after that great end to his first half season so I am obviously an expert predictor.

Absolute waste of a talent for mayhem.......

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Smithies on 15:43 - May 3 with 4924 viewsNorthernr

Smithies on 15:23 - May 3 by Gloucs_R

Could be issues at home, hasnt he recently had another baby? (OR did I randomly make that up?!)

Jesus he'd only just had the first one, put it away for a bit!
Smithies on 16:23 - May 3 with 4804 viewsstevec

Question. If you've got a perfectly good keeper sitting on the bench and you can get £5m for the first choice then,in our position, wouldn't you cash in on the first choice and spend that on an outfield player or players?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024