Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bidwell Set to Sign 16:11 - Jun 30 with 10784 viewsdaveB

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-jake-bidwell-deal
Bidwell Set to Sign on 20:57 - Jun 30 with 3617 viewsLblock

Bidwell Set to Sign on 17:13 - Jun 30 by paulparker

Well done les & Jimmy
Like any team who has ambitions to do anything you start from the back, slowly but surely we are making canny buys , smithies,Ingram, hall, ned, bidwell, lynch , perch, Robinson , we will be hard to beat , I was laughed at on the Newcastle thread saying we will be the dark horses , but I think we will
Teamwork, graft, fitness, resilience and a good goal scorer gets you out of this league and bar the out and out striker to help polter & Washington we ain't far off that
Keep them coming

PP......what can I say.

If we're dark horses in the promo race then I'll stand you a night of beers and Patron Cafe; I can't see it myself. Whilst I'm glad we don't appear to be looking to be the rotting carrion horse this season I just can't see us being more than mid table fodder after a brief flirtation with the play offs.

Now, everybody sit down and remain calm, you're not going to hear this from me very often --- fair play to the clubs owners!!!
We seem to be sticking to a plan while still laying out reasonable (in the crazy world of football) fees and hopefully wages. I hope we are doing character checks on these boys and if we are and they couple attitude with ability with ambition and progress then we'll do just fine. I just can't see us as contenders just yet.

Hope we are and PP is going to be hungover at my expense!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Bidwell Set to Sign on 21:49 - Jun 30 with 3472 viewsMatch82

We are building from the back which I for one am pleased with. I'm presumably hallucinating, but it almost seems like a multi year plan to set the defensive foundations this year then build out from there and bring in some creativity and goals later. If we can solve that next summer we could be legitimate contenders the year after.

Witchcraft I tell you.
Bidwell Set to Sign on 22:14 - Jun 30 with 3406 viewseghamranger

sounds like a decent signing.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2016 22:26]
Bidwell Set to Sign on 23:25 - Jun 30 with 3258 viewsrsonist

Bidwell Set to Sign on 17:54 - Jun 30 by simmo

He got 4 assists and 3 goals last season, the assists could improve but that's a decent return and more than most of our midfielders got! Doesn't he also take free kicks?

Mee I also rated but he switched to CB this season and did really well. I liked Friend and Robertson, the latter I think has the potential to be the next Cresswell and will be bought by a bigger team than Hull by the end of next season.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2016 17:56]

Thought occurs that Rico Henry at Walsall might have been a better alternative to anyone in the Champ. Still happy with Bidwell though.
Bidwell Set to Sign on 02:09 - Jul 1 with 3130 viewsSonofNorfolt

Just a playmaker, finisher and captain.
Bidwell Set to Sign on 07:55 - Jul 1 with 3002 viewsswitchingcode

Hold that thought he could be anounced as Bidwells replacement
Bidwell Set to Sign on 08:06 - Jul 1 with 2991 viewsKiwi76

I'm very happy that it looks like a plan being executed vs kid in a bloody candy store from previous years. Build a good solid defence & hopefully a couple more further forward.
Bidwell Set to Sign on 08:22 - Jul 1 with 2961 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very good signing, if true. Lovely player with his best years ahead of him. The right time for him to make a step up to a bigger club, and with $1.3m being a small fee for a player of his ability we should be well poised to cash in when and if he moves on again.

Let's hope they get this one done.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Bidwell Set to Sign on 08:33 - Jul 1 with 2942 viewspaulparker

Bidwell Set to Sign on 20:57 - Jun 30 by Lblock

PP......what can I say.

If we're dark horses in the promo race then I'll stand you a night of beers and Patron Cafe; I can't see it myself. Whilst I'm glad we don't appear to be looking to be the rotting carrion horse this season I just can't see us being more than mid table fodder after a brief flirtation with the play offs.

Now, everybody sit down and remain calm, you're not going to hear this from me very often --- fair play to the clubs owners!!!
We seem to be sticking to a plan while still laying out reasonable (in the crazy world of football) fees and hopefully wages. I hope we are doing character checks on these boys and if we are and they couple attitude with ability with ambition and progress then we'll do just fine. I just can't see us as contenders just yet.

Hope we are and PP is going to be hungover at my expense!!

i'l take you up on it Lblock my old mate it could be a messy night

I just have a feeling that we may do a Brighton, they were very solid at the back last year without being a good team to watch, if that makes sense
with the crap left over from last year and bar the odd game I thought JFH had us set up well ,
the thing that impresses me is that we are building from the back first , getting that spine together , its alright Newcastle spending 10 million on gayle but if they have Colilichini & Lascelles at the back they wont go to far
with another 4 possible solid signings and if we can finally sort out the right back slot im strangely optimistic we could actually be there or there abouts

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bidwell Set to Sign on 08:39 - Jul 1 with 2916 viewsDannytheR

Every time I've ever seen Bidwell, the one player he's really reminded me in style of is Rufus Brevett. Which is excellent.
Bidwell Set to Sign on 10:56 - Jul 1 with 2723 viewsaston_hoop

Completed a medical apparently. Fer has his at Swansea later. Fingers crossed for that one!

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-bidwell-fer-latest-news

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Bidwell Set to Sign on 11:04 - Jul 1 with 2693 viewssimmo

Bidwell Set to Sign on 10:56 - Jul 1 by aston_hoop

Completed a medical apparently. Fer has his at Swansea later. Fingers crossed for that one!

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-bidwell-fer-latest-news

Of course we're all still crossing our fingers that it all goes through, but it's amazing that the transfer fees and wages of all 3 of our new signings are offset by the fee and wages for Fer alone. Although there's no guarantees that all these signings will be a success, it's yet more evidence that proper scouting and a commitment to staying within a strict budget will yield a much better squad than a collection of ineffective and expensive individuals.

I'm so pleased we're back to being this kind of club again! Credit to Hoos and Sir Les especially, restoring some pride in my battered old QPR.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Bidwell Set to Sign on 11:18 - Jul 1 with 2650 viewsrsonist

Bidwell Set to Sign on 16:27 - Jun 30 by stevec

6 footers across the back, Polish defensive central midfielder, Karl Henry.
I have a sneaky feeling JFH is moving us towards a 4-4-2.

Praise be to the Lord.

Yeah it's interesting. End of the season I'd have strongly said a bit more support down the flanks from full back would do wonders for us. Now it looks as if in Onuoha and Bidwell we'll have imposing quasi-CBs who aren't necessarily the best ball players. Defence should always come first and foremost but I wonder if JFH will juggle with Furlong and Robinson some games or if as you say we'll have proper wingers.
Bidwell Set to Sign on 11:53 - Jul 1 with 2537 viewsBAWHoops

Defence looks pretty sorted to me

RB - Perch, Furlong
CB - Hall, Onouha, Lynch, Caulker
LB - Bidwell, Robinson

Plus we have Kpekwa to plug any gaps.

There's a solid, gnarly, nasty back 4 in there somewhere, which I really like!

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Bidwell Set to Sign on 17:40 - Jul 1 with 2257 viewssimmo

OFFICIAL

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/qpr-sign-jake-bidwell-brentford-316383

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Bidwell Set to Sign on 17:46 - Jul 1 with 2243 viewsCamberleyR

Three signings done before the first pre-season game. Shades of Neil Warnock in 2010.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2016 18:25]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Bidwell Set to Sign on 17:52 - Jul 1 with 2209 viewsjohncharles

Great ! I like the way this is going.

Strong and stable my arse.

Bidwell Set to Sign on 17:55 - Jul 1 with 2199 viewsrsonist

Let's all celebrate with another viewing of this classic.
Bidwell Set to Sign on 18:45 - Jul 1 with 2074 viewsBrianMcCarthy

JFH - “We’ve now got decent competition at left-back, and it will be a good battle for the shirt between Jake and Jack (Robinson).”

Lynch is a centre-back only by the looks of it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bidwell Set to Sign on 18:45 - Jul 1 with 2073 viewsA_B_4

Bidwell Set to Sign on 11:53 - Jul 1 by BAWHoops

Defence looks pretty sorted to me

RB - Perch, Furlong
CB - Hall, Onouha, Lynch, Caulker
LB - Bidwell, Robinson

Plus we have Kpekwa to plug any gaps.

There's a solid, gnarly, nasty back 4 in there somewhere, which I really like!

IMO Perch is a left back, he played there for Wigan and was their player of the season, when played there for us he's drastically improved. We need a right back to finish the back four but after the last few signings I have total faith in JFH and Les, think that means Perch becomes Mr versatile off the bench though....
[Post edited 1 Jul 2016 18:46]
Bidwell Set to Sign on 18:49 - Jul 1 with 2054 viewsPunteR

Well happy with this. Solid championship player.
Dare i say it, but this is looking like a good season.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bidwell Set to Sign on 18:50 - Jul 1 with 2050 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Getting there
Defence sorted
Bidwell Set to Sign on 18:54 - Jul 1 with 2028 viewsterryb

Bidwell Set to Sign on 18:49 - Jul 1 by PunteR

Well happy with this. Solid championship player.
Dare i say it, but this is looking like a good season.

A good pre season certainly Punter.

I will reserve judgement on the season for a little longer!

It's nice to be feeling so relaxed about our club!
Bidwell Set to Sign on 18:59 - Jul 1 with 2000 viewsrsonist

Bidwell Set to Sign on 18:45 - Jul 1 by A_B_4

IMO Perch is a left back, he played there for Wigan and was their player of the season, when played there for us he's drastically improved. We need a right back to finish the back four but after the last few signings I have total faith in JFH and Les, think that means Perch becomes Mr versatile off the bench though....
[Post edited 1 Jul 2016 18:46]

Last season was the first in Perch's career where he played left back on a consistent basis I think. Which made his relative success there all the more odd.

Onuoha Hall Lynch Bidwell is the back four IMO, with Furlong Perch Kpekawa and Robinson in reserve.
Bidwell Set to Sign on 19:02 - Jul 1 with 1994 viewsrsonist

If we're after Isaac Hayden as Dave Mc suggests then that's extra CB cover too, although I'd guess he'd be succeeding Henry primarily. Think that one's unlikely though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024