Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Barnsley H 18:46 - Aug 21 with 36822 views442Dale

Subs:

Joe Rafferty
Callum Camps
Jordan Williams
Ollie Rathbone
Aaron Wilbraham
Bradden Inman
Magnus Norman

[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 18:53]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Barnsley H on 20:29 - Aug 22 with 2208 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Barnsley H on 20:25 - Aug 22 by TVOS1907

You wrote: "Therein lies the problem your too busy always defending the club and Hill and being right on every subject to understand what I said. "

In response to D23Y last night, I wrote: "As for tonight, every individual involved, from the manager to the players, has to take the blame, as there was a lack of organisation, structure, desire and commitment. It wasn't at all enjoyable and we have a lot of work to do to improve."

You also wrote: "however I have never insulted another poster just for the sake of it"

Yet in the previous 20 minutes and in your subsequent post, you had replied to me with:

"The rest of your post is nonsense its all in your head."
"Seems Its not hard to flummox you"
"Therein lies the problem your too busy always defending the club and Hill and being right on every subject to understand what I said. "

I must learn not to disagree with you do you really take what I said as an insult? don't bother to answer you are as always right. Enough now as another poster said its tedious very tedious.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 20:36]

This is not the time for bickering.

Match thread: Barnsley H on 20:35 - Aug 22 with 2178 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Barnsley H on 20:29 - Aug 22 by kiwidale

I must learn not to disagree with you do you really take what I said as an insult? don't bother to answer you are as always right. Enough now as another poster said its tedious very tedious.

You can disagree with me all you want; that's one of the purposes of a forum and what makes it so interesting.

Just don't make accusations about people that are untrue and also don't make claims that you contradicted within five minutes.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Barnsley H on 20:40 - Aug 22 with 2151 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Barnsley H on 20:29 - Aug 22 by kiwidale

No, I don't take it as an insult, but it was meant in an insulting manner.

As was "don't bother to answer you are as always right"

Doesn't everybody who posts their views on here think they are right, otherwise they wouldn't bother?

Match thread: Barnsley H on 20:42 - Aug 22 with 2148 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Barnsley H on 20:40 - Aug 22 by TVOS1907

No, I don't take it as an insult, but it was meant in an insulting manner.

As was "don't bother to answer you are as always right"

Doesn't everybody who posts their views on here think they are right, otherwise they wouldn't bother?

last word.

Match thread: Barnsley H on 20:52 - Aug 22 with 2121 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Barnsley H on 16:12 - Aug 22 by TVOS1907

As Col says, it happened at Bury in the Checkatrade last season with the same three Jordan Williams.

EDIT:

It has also happened previously and remarkably Dale were involved then as well.

The game was against Reading at Spotland on 26th September 1970. Dale had Dennis Butler; Reading had two of them!
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 20:32]

Remarkable Jeff! I would have bet money on this instance being the first time.

Although I suspect it may have happened in a league game in S. Korea. I went there on business and met a distributor and he introduced me to his sales staff. Four out of five of them were called Mr. Lee. They asked my name and I said Mr. Lee (it isn't). None of them batted an eye lid and just accepted it, so I then had to explain it was my English sense of humour. Amazingly, Lee is only the second most popular name with Kim being the most popular @ 1 in 5 = ~10 million people.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 20:56]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Barnsley H on 20:53 - Aug 22 with 2113 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Barnsley H on 20:04 - Aug 22 by 442Dale

I’m not sure there were many who could defend Hill or the players last night, no matter how good Barnsley were.

We created problems for ourselves with the team selection, the tactics and the way we went about playing our own game. We won’t face many sides like Barnsley, but we are replicating the mistakes we are making. Initially the responsibility for that begins and ends with the manager. That’s something that almost everyone is saying from what I can see. He needs to improve his decision making.

I'm not quite sure what goes on with the relationship between Hill and Rafferty but I'm sure most Dale fans will agree his is far and away our best option as right back/wing back. If he's fit he should be playing there - why complicate matters? Also with Hendo - our best goal threat and 3rd all time best scorer - he should be in the box as much as possible and surely the best chance of this is him being upfront - no one knows our current best X1 but having those 2 playing in their best positions surely simplifies matters? Just get back to basics.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Barnsley H on 21:05 - Aug 22 with 2085 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match thread: Barnsley H on 07:52 - Aug 22 by ColDale

I didnt think at any times last night we were shít, we were just inferior to a stunning side.

Barnsley were without doubt the best visiting team to come to Spotland in years. It's incredible when you think they didn't appoint their manager until the middle of June. From 40 miles away, it looked like they were simply meandering at the most important time of the year, a bit like when Alan Buckley got the job at Dale and went on a 3 week cruise that time.

But their manager has done an incredible job in such a short space of time, with seemingly not that many new recruits. The football they played was stunning, and with the evidence of these, Liverpool and Huddersfield, I reckon there may well be 2 or 3 more German managers heading to these shores. My only concern would be can they as a side maintain that level of energy for 20, 30, 40 games on the trot.

As for the game, right from the first moment, they were just all over us. The game could and arguably should have been all over in the first ten minutes. We had that rabbit in the headlights look about us. It'd be interesting to hear from Barnsley fans as to whether this was a typical match for them but the way they swarmed all over us created a level of pressure that forced us into mistakes left, right and centre. Again, I'd have those mistakes down to what Barnsley did rather than us being undercooked.

But I felt we weathered that storm, and there was a spell in the game from 10 minutes to about 35 minutes where we live with them, and played some good stuff. I don't think I'm being especially happy clappy to say that during this time, we were as likely to score as they were. We stepped up our intensity and yes mistakes got made but there was still much to be impressed by.

But as we've seen with Liverpool, this pressing style goes from defence to attack in about 0.3 seconds and it cost us twice before half time. It must be incredibly difficult to play against a side like this because even when attacking, you need to be spot on defensively and 4 or 5 at the back would have made no difference like this. You just cant lose possession, but we did and they punished us for it. Psychologically these two goals were killers because like I said, I think we'd done the hard bit by getting an equally footing in the game and in the blink of an eye, we were 2-0 down. If there's one concern to come out of the two home games, its the way we've allowed two albeit excellent sides to score back to back goals. It's a bit like watching England at cricket where one wicket follow another. Going 1-0 down into half time would not have been a disaster with a full 45 mins to go in the same way 2-1 at home to Posh wouldn't have been.

The 3rd goal made it a case of how many, and I was relieved it was only 4 in the end. It could easily have been 7 or 8 and I don't think we could have had any complaints about that whatsoever. Barnsley just had this desire and hunger to go and go again, and I thought we did well to keep our heads high like we did. We could have just thrown the towel in.

I really don't know what else we could have done differently. Team selection wasn't far off what I'd have picked if need be, but its a concern that we've not picked the same defensive unit twice yet, and given the changes that we've made mid games, we've probably had 7 or 8 different defensive set ups in five games so far. For me, Delaney looks out of form at the moment, so stick with Harrison, MJ and McNulty and give it 5 or 6 games on the trot.

The worry now is that having got such a schooling last night, we're going into a run of games now that could really punish us. There's massive pressure on Saturday's game now against a side who've made an outstanding start to the season, followed by two back to back away games.

This side has got so much more about it than we did twelve months ago, and I don't anticipate anywhere close to the problems that we had last season. I think we've been unfortunate that our two defeats this season have come at the hands of two sides who will finish in the top three in the division. The Posh scoreline was misleading as we pushed and pushed to get back into it. But these two defeats have brought dark clouds over a season that so far is played five, won two, lost two. We need to shake it off and Im sure we will, but it's vital that we don't push ourselves into a slump because of two big defeats to sides who will cause many sides big defeats this year. There's half a dozen sides at least who I think we'll have no problems finishing above.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Yeah Kiwiranger you fookin bellend.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match thread: Barnsley H on 21:09 - Aug 22 with 2065 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Barnsley H on 21:05 - Aug 22 by BigDaveMyCock

Yeah Kiwiranger you fookin bellend.

WTF what a Bizarre reply to Col's excellent post.

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Barnsley H on 21:17 - Aug 22 with 2043 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match thread: Barnsley H on 07:52 - Aug 22 by ColDale

I didnt think at any times last night we were shít, we were just inferior to a stunning side.

Barnsley were without doubt the best visiting team to come to Spotland in years. It's incredible when you think they didn't appoint their manager until the middle of June. From 40 miles away, it looked like they were simply meandering at the most important time of the year, a bit like when Alan Buckley got the job at Dale and went on a 3 week cruise that time.

But their manager has done an incredible job in such a short space of time, with seemingly not that many new recruits. The football they played was stunning, and with the evidence of these, Liverpool and Huddersfield, I reckon there may well be 2 or 3 more German managers heading to these shores. My only concern would be can they as a side maintain that level of energy for 20, 30, 40 games on the trot.

As for the game, right from the first moment, they were just all over us. The game could and arguably should have been all over in the first ten minutes. We had that rabbit in the headlights look about us. It'd be interesting to hear from Barnsley fans as to whether this was a typical match for them but the way they swarmed all over us created a level of pressure that forced us into mistakes left, right and centre. Again, I'd have those mistakes down to what Barnsley did rather than us being undercooked.

But I felt we weathered that storm, and there was a spell in the game from 10 minutes to about 35 minutes where we live with them, and played some good stuff. I don't think I'm being especially happy clappy to say that during this time, we were as likely to score as they were. We stepped up our intensity and yes mistakes got made but there was still much to be impressed by.

But as we've seen with Liverpool, this pressing style goes from defence to attack in about 0.3 seconds and it cost us twice before half time. It must be incredibly difficult to play against a side like this because even when attacking, you need to be spot on defensively and 4 or 5 at the back would have made no difference like this. You just cant lose possession, but we did and they punished us for it. Psychologically these two goals were killers because like I said, I think we'd done the hard bit by getting an equally footing in the game and in the blink of an eye, we were 2-0 down. If there's one concern to come out of the two home games, its the way we've allowed two albeit excellent sides to score back to back goals. It's a bit like watching England at cricket where one wicket follow another. Going 1-0 down into half time would not have been a disaster with a full 45 mins to go in the same way 2-1 at home to Posh wouldn't have been.

The 3rd goal made it a case of how many, and I was relieved it was only 4 in the end. It could easily have been 7 or 8 and I don't think we could have had any complaints about that whatsoever. Barnsley just had this desire and hunger to go and go again, and I thought we did well to keep our heads high like we did. We could have just thrown the towel in.

I really don't know what else we could have done differently. Team selection wasn't far off what I'd have picked if need be, but its a concern that we've not picked the same defensive unit twice yet, and given the changes that we've made mid games, we've probably had 7 or 8 different defensive set ups in five games so far. For me, Delaney looks out of form at the moment, so stick with Harrison, MJ and McNulty and give it 5 or 6 games on the trot.

The worry now is that having got such a schooling last night, we're going into a run of games now that could really punish us. There's massive pressure on Saturday's game now against a side who've made an outstanding start to the season, followed by two back to back away games.

This side has got so much more about it than we did twelve months ago, and I don't anticipate anywhere close to the problems that we had last season. I think we've been unfortunate that our two defeats this season have come at the hands of two sides who will finish in the top three in the division. The Posh scoreline was misleading as we pushed and pushed to get back into it. But these two defeats have brought dark clouds over a season that so far is played five, won two, lost two. We need to shake it off and Im sure we will, but it's vital that we don't push ourselves into a slump because of two big defeats to sides who will cause many sides big defeats this year. There's half a dozen sides at least who I think we'll have no problems finishing above.

This post has been edited by an administrator

kiwiranger I’m watching a bizarre programme set in India with the Krankies and Sid Little and someone’s just had an enema. Seriously, it’s on BBC 1. Who’s your favourite straight man, Sid Little, Bobby Ball (ohhhhh ex Dale hatred) or Ernie Wise?

Doh Tommy Cannon.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 21:32]

Match thread: Barnsley H on 21:31 - Aug 22 with 2010 viewsmacro

Match thread: Barnsley H on 20:06 - Aug 22 by kiwidale

what a load of bollix I'm not privy to your private conversation just what you post on here why you mention it has now got me flummoxed. One thing I can assure you off I certainly don't come on here to have petty disputes with you. The rest of your post is nonsense its all in your head.

Kiwi reading the posts in the last week you seem to over react to anyone who disagrees with you. You seem to have spent the last few days having a go at a few different posters who dare to have differing views to yourself. Isn't the idea of this forum to be one where you can post your ideas freely. At the moment though kiwi you seem to be deliberately disagreeing with certain posters. Your comments smacks of a bully who can't justify things with common sense and resorts to mouthing off. Think before you post and may be take a few days off from here because your in real danger of coming across as a real sad case.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 21:35]
Match thread: Barnsley H on 21:59 - Aug 22 with 1961 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Barnsley H on 21:31 - Aug 22 by macro

Kiwi reading the posts in the last week you seem to over react to anyone who disagrees with you. You seem to have spent the last few days having a go at a few different posters who dare to have differing views to yourself. Isn't the idea of this forum to be one where you can post your ideas freely. At the moment though kiwi you seem to be deliberately disagreeing with certain posters. Your comments smacks of a bully who can't justify things with common sense and resorts to mouthing off. Think before you post and may be take a few days off from here because your in real danger of coming across as a real sad case.

Macro thank you for your concerns but why do you feel justified in making such a personal comment about me or anybody else? to use your terminology If your going to mouth off about me make sure its accurate I never once mentioned... "Your 1cm tall comment smacks of a bully who can't justify things with common sense and resorts to mouthing off." you have got the wrong guy it wasn't me who said that.
Now have you anything to add other than a personal comment? that is relevant?

maybe it is time to become a read only member as many are with good reason given the personal stuff that you accuse me of being so prevalent.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 22:02]

Match thread: Barnsley H on 08:01 - Aug 23 with 1833 viewsEllDale

I must have been at that Reading game in 1970 when all those Butlers were on show.
Perhaps we didn't have the same interest in trivia in those days.
Match thread: Barnsley H on 08:31 - Aug 23 with 1804 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Barnsley H on 08:01 - Aug 23 by EllDale

I must have been at that Reading game in 1970 when all those Butlers were on show.
Perhaps we didn't have the same interest in trivia in those days.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Barnsley H on 09:25 - Aug 23 with 1738 viewsDaleFan7

Match thread: Barnsley H on 21:31 - Aug 22 by macro

You can't post differing views on here if they don't involve either;

1) Kissing Hills arse.
2) Not criticising the team.
3) Blame our getting beaten on having a lower budget than everyone else.
4) Find positives in a game where there aren't any.
Match thread: Barnsley H on 10:18 - Aug 23 with 1688 viewsColDale

Match thread: Barnsley H on 09:25 - Aug 23 by DaleFan7

1) Kissing Hills arse.

There's plenty of evidence of posts suggesting you can have differing views.
Match thread: Barnsley H on 10:29 - Aug 23 with 1663 viewsjudd

Match thread: Barnsley H on 10:18 - Aug 23 by ColDale

There's plenty of evidence of posts suggesting you can have differing views.

No there isn't.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match thread: Barnsley H on 10:31 - Aug 23 with 1662 viewsColDale

Match thread: Barnsley H on 10:29 - Aug 23 by judd

No there isn't.

I agree with you x
Match thread: Barnsley H on 10:35 - Aug 23 with 1648 viewsTVOS1907

1) Kissing Hills arse.

Sigh...

This is a forum where people can and do have all sorts of views.

Just because some of those views are disagreed with, doesn't mean they aren't allowed or are wrong.

Just because some of those views are agreed with, doesn't mean they are right.

Match thread: Barnsley H on 10:41 - Aug 23 with 1635 viewsrochdale_ranger

All views other then my own are wrong.

Fatdavemycock is a bellend.

Shit wrong thread. Oh well.
Match thread: Barnsley H on 10:57 - Aug 23 with 1611 viewsjudd

Match thread: Barnsley H on 10:31 - Aug 23 by ColDale

I agree with you x

Cheers Pinky.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match thread: Barnsley H on 11:02 - Aug 23 with 1606 viewsoff2div1

Fleetwood gave Scunny a good drubbing last night at Scunny 5-0.
Match thread: Barnsley H on 11:05 - Aug 23 with 1602 viewsmacro

Match thread: Barnsley H on 21:59 - Aug 22 by kiwidale

Macro thank you for your concerns but why do you feel justified in making such a personal comment about me or anybody else? to use your terminology If your going to mouth off about me make sure its accurate I never once mentioned... "Your 1cm tall comment smacks of a bully who can't justify things with common sense and resorts to mouthing off." you have got the wrong guy it wasn't me who said that.
Now have you anything to add other than a personal comment? that is relevant?

maybe it is time to become a read only member as many are with good reason given the personal stuff that you accuse me of being so prevalent.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 22:02]

See your coming across as just a bitter little man stropping because someone rationally has an opinion different to yourself.
Match thread: Barnsley H on 11:07 - Aug 23 with 1599 viewsmacro

1) Kissing Hills arse.

1 I say hill has faults and recognise he isn't perfect
2 I criticise the team when justified
3 budget factors are very relevant playing a Barnsley who put in 10 out of 10 performance on a day we struggled. They are a championship side in L1
4 have I pointed out any positives from Tuesday? No.
Match thread: Barnsley H on 12:11 - Aug 23 with 1548 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match thread: Barnsley H on 10:41 - Aug 23 by rochdale_ranger

All views other then my own are wrong.

Fatdavemycock is a bellend.

Shit wrong thread. Oh well.

Rochdale ranger, the political freestyler, he just puts it out there. Like a flasher with a tiny dick.

Match thread: Barnsley H on 12:32 - Aug 23 with 1509 viewsDaleFan7

Match thread: Barnsley H on 11:07 - Aug 23 by macro

1 I say hill has faults and recognise he isn't perfect
2 I criticise the team when justified
3 budget factors are very relevant playing a Barnsley who put in 10 out of 10 performance on a day we struggled. They are a championship side in L1
4 have I pointed out any positives from Tuesday? No.

It wasn't aimed at your personally. Just in general. Apologies for the confusion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024