Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Barnsley H 18:46 - Aug 21 with 36815 views442Dale

Subs:

Joe Rafferty
Callum Camps
Jordan Williams
Ollie Rathbone
Aaron Wilbraham
Bradden Inman
Magnus Norman

[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 18:53]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:17 - Aug 21 with 2924 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Barnsley H on 21:20 - Aug 21 by Dale23years

And who that down to.

Can't wait for DDB or TVOS for there thought on our performance (Keith hill won't get any blame)

Here we go again...

If you would care to find any posts on the Fleetwood game (as that was the most recent before tonight and obviously that thread is the one that's got your back up), you'll find nothing I posted that merits such a comment.

As for tonight, every individual involved, from the manager to the players, has to take the blame, as there was a lack of organisation, structure, desire and commitment.

It wasn't at all enjoyable and we have a lot of work to do to improve.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:20 - Aug 21 with 2884 viewsdawlishdale

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:13 - Aug 21 by SuddenLad

We were outplayed by a team who were far better than us, had better players than we did and they made it count.

No matter what formation, selection or tactics that Keith Hill employed tonight, we would have been soundly beaten.

Sometimes you just have to accept that there are much better teams out there than us. Anyone finishing above Barnsley this season, will be promoted. They were excellent.

For the record, Josh Lillis was complaining about his ribs and lower back when he came off. The physio sent him straight down the tunnel for treatment.......

Yes...Lillis was complaining of an injury, and Norman was stripped and ready to come on.

Why then, did we delay the sub until after they took a free kick from a dangerous area?

Poor Management? The fourth Official had already been told we were going to make the sub.
Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:22 - Aug 21 with 2833 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:20 - Aug 21 by dawlishdale

Yes...Lillis was complaining of an injury, and Norman was stripped and ready to come on.

Why then, did we delay the sub until after they took a free kick from a dangerous area?

Poor Management? The fourth Official had already been told we were going to make the sub.

That's a matter for the referee. Cast your mind back to the Peterborough match.The Posh substitution was announced, but didn't take place for about 5 minutes until the referee allowed it to take place.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:23 - Aug 21 with 2815 viewsGizzaNosh

Don't post that much anymore cause it's like an asylum on here and I've also lost partial use of fingers on my right hand but still go to most fixtures. Couldn't bite tongue after tonight Keith clearly lost it at this point Nthiff probably one of worst defenders we have had at club. Williams has lost his central midfield brain and looked pissed at times but Perkins ok he doesn't look 35 Albraham needs to speak to him about his fitness regime imo. System not working at home but hill won't change and already said it so we need to grin and bare but we got arsed tonight. Barnsley good team but most would look good against us tonight could be long hard season. Glad Lilly came off did not deserve anymore goals to be conceded Norman hopefully can play up front cause that's where we lacking. Camps poor form but walks in that team and the rath of bone too. If we keep performing like that and don't change formation am gonna launch my ST at KH's big bald noggin cause I'm a mainstander and the stubborn lad can have it
Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:26 - Aug 21 with 2753 viewsrochdale_ranger

We all know Barnsley were good and have one of the biggest budgets etc but it could of been ten nil tonight. We were fooking crap. We’ll be the pushover team of the league this season. And I can’t see that changing with the current Defense and lack of a goal scorer. We just go backwards all the time.
Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:26 - Aug 21 with 2746 viewsdawlishdale

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:22 - Aug 21 by SuddenLad

That's a matter for the referee. Cast your mind back to the Peterborough match.The Posh substitution was announced, but didn't take place for about 5 minutes until the referee allowed it to take place.

Don't agree. A free kick to defend with an injured goalkeeper is too important to not deal with if you know a sub keeper is required.

The fourth official had told the referee. it seemed to be a hesitation by Hill and Beech in getting the sub keeper on. would have been interesting if they had scored. I don't think it was down to the referee not allowing the substitution .

I'll wait for Hills comments, but it does seem odd.
Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:29 - Aug 21 with 2694 viewsBobbyjoe

Not sure what Nthle was supposed to do, having two men to mark, receiving no protection from midfield, and nobody showing for him when he had the ball. Manager then takes off our best centre-back (for me!). As beautiful as the second-half goals were, it shouldn't be that easy to get a shot away in the box. First-half performance wasn't too bad, I didn't think; Nthle looked to have been fouled for the first one, and they brilliantly exploited his absence. Second one (also, arguably, from a non-awarded foul) just exposed Delaney's deficiencies. Second half there were just no positives at all.
Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:33 - Aug 21 with 2638 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Barnsley H on 21:20 - Aug 21 by Dale23years

And who that down to.

Can't wait for DDB or TVOS for there thought on our performance (Keith hill won't get any blame)

Poor team selection, even worse performance - no one came out with any credit but Barnsley were superb and a joy to watch at times - a bit similar to when Swindon Town ripped us apart at home a few seasons ago but Barnsley looked even better - but we definitely played worse.
At least I know what MJ stands for... 'Mainly Jogs'.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:35 - Aug 21 with 2606 viewsGizzaNosh

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:29 - Aug 21 by Bobbyjoe

Not sure what Nthle was supposed to do, having two men to mark, receiving no protection from midfield, and nobody showing for him when he had the ball. Manager then takes off our best centre-back (for me!). As beautiful as the second-half goals were, it shouldn't be that easy to get a shot away in the box. First-half performance wasn't too bad, I didn't think; Nthle looked to have been fouled for the first one, and they brilliantly exploited his absence. Second one (also, arguably, from a non-awarded foul) just exposed Delaney's deficiencies. Second half there were just no positives at all.

Stop it you can not defended Nthel tonight no tracking back always want to run up field and he was furthest man forward at times he is not a defender. Might be worth trying up front like done big leap and fast with left peg but as a defender he is a liability and Barnsley knew and exploited it end of
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 22:37]
Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:36 - Aug 21 with 2582 viewsSaxonDale

First things first a word for Barnsley- they were absolutely fantastic and a joy to watch. Quick, dynamic and intelligent in their play, it looked as if they had a fair extra players on the pitch tonight. If they keep that level of performance up they’ll be promoted by April. Well done to them.

Now for us. Don’t really know where to start and I’ve deliberately waited half an hour as a cooling off but that performance was a real worry. Will we play a team better than Barnsley this season? No, but that doesn’t excuse some of the performances on show tonight. I don’t think Perkins and Williams can play together in midfield as we almost sacrifice any midfield space. No one who played fullback/ wingback tonight looked like delivering good crosses consistently- something we’ve lacked since Bunney’s breakthrough lb season. Don’t think we threatened for any sustained period in the game and there was little to no fluidity in most attacks.

If we’ve set up to limit their attack then we’ve completely failed as at half time we were 2 down and they had hit the woodwork twice. The goals could be analysed to death but put simply the first 2 were free headers and the second 2 we haven’t put a challenge in anger at them. It really is basic mistakes. Perkins was first off the pitch at full time and I think there’ll have been harsh words said in that dressing room tonight. Don’t want to single our players but we have players who have played over 100 league games who are still making mistakes that you wouldn’t expect after 10. Things need to be addressed ASAP as although not all teams will punish us like Barnsley if we make mistakes as basic as we did tonight then it will be a long season.
Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:38 - Aug 21 with 2551 views442Dale

The issue with Ntlhe is not tonight. It was the pre-season a year ago when he wasn’t good enough for anything more than a six month deal as cover. We gave him two years. Desperately short at left back so may as well stick with Done there.

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:39 - Aug 21 with 2537 viewsbrownale

Glad someone else noticed that Barnsley had 12 player for the first 2 goals blatant could not given no wonder they sang its like watching Brazil.
Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:42 - Aug 21 with 2481 viewsjudd

I think Perkins has to be dropped to the bench. His pointing and blaming world class but sadly he's a passenger

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:43 - Aug 21 with 2465 viewsD_Alien

Outplayed by the best away team performance i've seen as a third tier side stretching back to 1969 (possibly the very first one, the 0-3 thrashing by Orient)

I didn't see any lack of fight by Dale, although can't comment on the last 20 minutes since i left early for the first time, ever

It'll be difficult to lift heads for next Saturday but that's what KH must do, what he's paid to do, and what i expect him to do; certainly don't want to hear any shite from him, just get on with it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:45 - Aug 21 with 2433 viewsChaffRAFC

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:13 - Aug 21 by SuddenLad

We were outplayed by a team who were far better than us, had better players than we did and they made it count.

No matter what formation, selection or tactics that Keith Hill employed tonight, we would have been soundly beaten.

Sometimes you just have to accept that there are much better teams out there than us. Anyone finishing above Barnsley this season, will be promoted. They were excellent.

For the record, Josh Lillis was complaining about his ribs and lower back when he came off. The physio sent him straight down the tunnel for treatment.......

Best post in the entire thread.

Outclassed by the best side I've seen at Dale for as far as I can remember.

After the first ten minute onslaught, we played quite well up until the second goal. The first goal even arguably came against the run of play.

And as for the booing of the Lillis substitution, do people really think we'd use a substitution to replace a goalkeeper without it being for an injury? Why is that the assumption that we would? Massively embarrassing and you've gone and given Hill ammunition for weeks. Absolutely unbelievable.

We will play worse than we did tonight and win games without question.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:46 - Aug 21 with 2412 views442Dale

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:42 - Aug 21 by judd

I think Perkins has to be dropped to the bench. His pointing and blaming world class but sadly he's a passenger

He definitely needs a rest and we have enough options to give him one. That doesn’t include the no.40.

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:47 - Aug 21 with 2380 viewsBobbyjoe

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:38 - Aug 21 by 442Dale

The issue with Ntlhe is not tonight. It was the pre-season a year ago when he wasn’t good enough for anything more than a six month deal as cover. We gave him two years. Desperately short at left back so may as well stick with Done there.

Played very well at Fleetwood, in a game more typical of what will be required of him. Looks a decent footballer to me.
Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:48 - Aug 21 with 2368 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:22 - Aug 21 by SuddenLad

No it isn't. The game had stopped for the free-kick. It's up to the manager if he wants to make his sub then or wait until the next break in play.

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:49 - Aug 21 with 2350 viewsjudd

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:48 - Aug 21 by TVOS1907

No it isn't. The game had stopped for the free-kick. It's up to the manager if he wants to make his sub then or wait until the next break in play.

...or the next break in rib

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:50 - Aug 21 with 2343 viewsregjenkins

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:39 - Aug 21 by brownale

Glad someone else noticed that Barnsley had 12 player for the first 2 goals blatant could not given no wonder they sang its like watching Brazil.

I'm sure i counted 14 Barnsley players at one point in the second half.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:50 - Aug 21 with 2331 viewsTVOS1907

Neither were fouls. People were clutching at straws by thinking otherwise.

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:51 - Aug 21 with 2304 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:43 - Aug 21 by D_Alien

Outplayed by the best away team performance i've seen as a third tier side stretching back to 1969 (possibly the very first one, the 0-3 thrashing by Orient)

I didn't see any lack of fight by Dale, although can't comment on the last 20 minutes since i left early for the first time, ever

It'll be difficult to lift heads for next Saturday but that's what KH must do, what he's paid to do, and what i expect him to do; certainly don't want to hear any shite from him, just get on with it

Don't watch his post match interview then, where it's all very joking and light hearted,I'm just glad he's not overly bothered so many folk fork out so much money to watch absolute shite.
There's one good thing, at least he's made my mind up what to do this coming weekend
Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:53 - Aug 21 with 2287 viewsBlueboy

Could our dreadfull defending be due to the fact that in training they have nothing to defend against?,this has to be the most powder puff attack seen at dale in many a year,no pace,no eye for goal,it's painfull to watch,
Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:54 - Aug 21 with 2273 views442Dale

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:47 - Aug 21 by Bobbyjoe

Played very well at Fleetwood, in a game more typical of what will be required of him. Looks a decent footballer to me.

Poor positional sense, doesn’t read the game well enough. Hasn’t improved that at all, despite the odd good game here and there (Doncaster in the Cup was another)

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:54 - Aug 21 with 2257 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Barnsley H on 22:51 - Aug 21 by nordenblue

Don't watch his post match interview then, where it's all very joking and light hearted,I'm just glad he's not overly bothered so many folk fork out so much money to watch absolute shite.
There's one good thing, at least he's made my mind up what to do this coming weekend

tbh i've given up watching/listening to his interviews, they're just not that important *

* today's meme

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024