Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle tickets 21:55 - Dec 16 with 32130 views442Dale

Now we are through, with the added bonus of tonight’s game being on tv and the Newcastle game also on BT, really hope we are sensible with the ticket prices ie. not raising them by a fiver a la Sunderland etc. With the Accrington game three days before and Bolton the week after, we don’t want to see fans having to make a choice and missing vital league games.

For a number of years we’ve not had a “big” draw in cup competitions. This will be the third in less than two years, floating fans will start to think twice if the price isn’t right as the novelty is going. If the home ends aren’t full, we’ll have got it wrong.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Newcastle tickets on 23:36 - Dec 18 with 2013 viewssweetcorn

Newcastle tickets on 23:31 - Dec 18 by judd

At least the club have had their say.

I haven't seen anything from the Trust, other than they were not consulted.

If ever a case for enhancing recruitment...

I think I've missed the club speaking about it, where is it? Website?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Newcastle tickets on 23:39 - Dec 18 with 2005 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 23:36 - Dec 18 by sweetcorn

I think I've missed the club speaking about it, where is it? Website?

The club having their say is the ticket price announcement.

See that as you will.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Newcastle tickets on 23:39 - Dec 18 with 2003 viewssweetcorn

Newcastle tickets on 23:39 - Dec 18 by judd

The club having their say is the ticket price announcement.

See that as you will.

Sorry, I read your post as them responding to the criticism

Newcastle tickets on 23:42 - Dec 18 with 1994 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 23:39 - Dec 18 by sweetcorn

Sorry, I read your post as them responding to the criticism

No need to apologise.

I do not expect the club will comment on criticism. I have seen that posters and posts have been blocked/deleted from other SM platforms. That's all you need to know.

Newcastle tickets on 23:49 - Dec 18 with 1973 viewssweetcorn

Newcastle tickets on 23:42 - Dec 18 by judd

No need to apologise.

I do not expect the club will comment on criticism. I have seen that posters and posts have been blocked/deleted from other SM platforms. That's all you need to know.

I wouldn't expect so either. I just hope they have their answers ready for the forum regarding their pricing strategy.

Tensions were high for the one last year, I expect it to be much worse this time round. Some tough questions will be asked (and rightly so)

Newcastle tickets on 23:52 - Dec 18 with 1962 viewstony_roch975

Newcastle tickets on 17:21 - Dec 18 by HK_Dale

Apologies for causing offence - I obviously didn't know, but therein is a point in that we don't puiblicise this on social media, also the number of fans attending isn't being converted from these efforts.

This was not intended as a negative on the work some people do or don't do, but more an observation on what has worked well elsewhere.

It seems like you're personally involved so apologies for that and again for causing you offence...

apology happily accepted

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Newcastle tickets on 00:10 - Dec 19 with 1934 viewsDaley_Lama

For the occasional time i have to pay £27 for such a game i remind myself that i pay less than £9 per league match.

Appreciate others have a very different view.

Poll: DF in or out

Newcastle tickets on 00:14 - Dec 19 with 1919 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 00:10 - Dec 19 by Daley_Lama

For the occasional time i have to pay £27 for such a game i remind myself that i pay less than £9 per league match.

A £27 game that has a paltry live TV game fee of £150,000 PER CLUB gifted it (source FA wrbsite) ?
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 0:20]

Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle tickets on 07:27 - Dec 19 with 1836 viewsnordenblue

Newcastle tickets on 22:26 - Dec 18 by tony_roch975

So you're the only one who's worked hard - what an arrogant attitude! I've worked hard too but I'm still happy to acknowledge I'm fortunate to have been born at a time of massive economic and social progress (including a working Welfare State and final salary occupational pension schemes) and I didn't have a major disability.
Where do I argue about agreeing blindly with the Club's decisions - where?

You're simply going along with whatever ridiculous pricing/decisions the club throws at you without even questioning,then putting it down to how "loyal" you are,it's not loyal it's just accepting whatever shit they thinks acceptable to throw at the paying customer,pretty blind I'd say?

Where did I say I'm the "only one who's worked hard" I missed that bit?
Newcastle tickets on 09:06 - Dec 19 with 1707 viewsbazingadale

Newcastle tickets on 23:36 - Dec 18 by judd

If the Trust say they were not consulted then we have to believe them.

I'm just waiting for Coldale's 5000 word essay defending Bottomley again.

#JobForTheBoyz
Newcastle tickets on 09:33 - Dec 19 with 1660 viewsfitzochris

The club are clearly now not going to renege on these prices. I really hope it doesn’t detract from the level of support on the day, but people will make their choice and that is absolutely fair enough.

All we can do now, collectively, is make sure that, on January 13th, our voice is heard. It is vital we don’t nod and roll over to sales pitches and future promises. Likewise, if the reception to fair criticism is hostile, it’s vital that this attitude is challenged also.

Whatever is said by the powers that be on the 13th, please also remember there are two sides to every story.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Newcastle tickets on 09:47 - Dec 19 with 1605 viewsD_Alien

Newcastle tickets on 09:33 - Dec 19 by fitzochris

The club are clearly now not going to renege on these prices. I really hope it doesn’t detract from the level of support on the day, but people will make their choice and that is absolutely fair enough.

All we can do now, collectively, is make sure that, on January 13th, our voice is heard. It is vital we don’t nod and roll over to sales pitches and future promises. Likewise, if the reception to fair criticism is hostile, it’s vital that this attitude is challenged also.

Whatever is said by the powers that be on the 13th, please also remember there are two sides to every story.

Had similar thoughts about this "presentation" business

I'm perfectly willing to give them (him) a fair hearing, but I've been to too many presentations where the object of the exercise was to create camouflage and obfuscation. I seriously hope its not going to be like that, although i've no doubt there will be plenty of nodding donkeys present

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Newcastle tickets on 09:58 - Dec 19 with 1581 viewsdawlishdale

Newcastle tickets on 09:47 - Dec 19 by D_Alien

I'm perfectly willing to give them (him) a fair hearing, but I've been to too many presentations where the object of the exercise was to create camouflage and obfuscation. I seriously hope its not going to be like that, although i've no doubt there will be plenty of nodding donkeys present

The absolute worst thing that the club could do is to put on another one man show. It must be obvious to every club employee and Director who reads this, that a large percentage of the fan base have heard way too much from a certain person, and way too little from others.

The presentation should (nay MUST) be carried out by the Chairman, and other members of the Board who we never hear from.
Newcastle tickets on 10:02 - Dec 19 with 1563 viewsscooby

Newcastle tickets on 09:58 - Dec 19 by dawlishdale

The absolute worst thing that the club could do is to put on another one man show. It must be obvious to every club employee and Director who reads this, that a large percentage of the fan base have heard way too much from a certain person, and way too little from others.

The presentation should (nay MUST) be carried out by the Chairman, and other members of the Board who we never hear from.

Frances told me last night the ticket prices will be explained at the fans forum, but she didn't comment when i said that was after the fact. seems they feel they can justify so we'll just have to wait.

I'm on the fence as to pay it or not, but suspect i will cave to peer pressure from the kids and the fact i have free tickets for Fleetwood means i wont be much out of pocket
Newcastle tickets on 10:27 - Dec 19 with 1484 viewsWill_RAFC

Newcastle tickets on 00:10 - Dec 19 by Daley_Lama

Exactly my thoughts.

I'd rather pay an extra couple of quid, and the club makes money, with a chance to improve the squad, rather than them "cover" it with the TV fee. We get very few days to make money, I don't consider this a rip off at all - a lot of League One grounds charge £24/£25 to get in. These are the kind of ties we dream about, we might have been spoilt with Spurs and United in the last few years but we can't take these draws and days for granted. I guess the attendance will justify the prices (or not), but if they had been lowered I'd bet anything people would be moaning that we aren't charging enough to bring in new players!
Newcastle tickets on 10:58 - Dec 19 with 1410 viewsBarrowdale

Well there's 6 season ticket holders in our cohort, none of whom will be going.
£25 and another session of DJ Shiite or tv, wine and lunch?
No brainer
Newcastle tickets on 11:28 - Dec 19 with 1347 viewsR17ALE

I could argue this one both ways. Yes the club needs to cash in. And yes, the club needs to respect the fans and not take the piss.

Alligned to this, there's clearly a pent up groundswell of folk who are waiting on coiled springs to have a go at our CEO, and I get that too.

What I cannot get is why he gives them so much ammunition.

I've already bought my ticket. Newcastle at home in the cup? Fooking Hell!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Newcastle tickets on 11:53 - Dec 19 with 1307 viewstony_roch975

Newcastle tickets on 09:47 - Dec 19 by D_Alien

fair enough - but I hope those who don't share the criticism of the prices being charged for
our FA Cup Rnd 3 match at home against Newcastle Utd are allowed to speak and be heard too without being slagged off as 'nodding donkeys'.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Newcastle tickets on 11:59 - Dec 19 with 1292 viewsfitzochris

Newcastle tickets on 11:53 - Dec 19 by tony_roch975

fair enough - but I hope those who don't share the criticism of the prices being charged for
our FA Cup Rnd 3 match at home against Newcastle Utd are allowed to speak and be heard too without being slagged off as 'nodding donkeys'.

Absolutely.

The nodding along comment was in relation to whatever sales pitch from the club is coming our way. By all means nod if you're wholly satisfied with what you hear, but scrutinise if you're not.

The last thing I'm sure anybody would want is to feel they cannot speak out, whatever point of view they hold.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Newcastle tickets on 12:08 - Dec 19 with 1255 viewsrochdaleriddler

Newcastle tickets on 10:58 - Dec 19 by Barrowdale

Well there's 6 season ticket holders in our cohort, none of whom will be going.
£25 and another session of DJ Shiite or tv, wine and lunch?
No brainer

Well I’m a season ticket holder , I have BT sport, but I will be going.if there is a replay I’ll be going to that.There are a lot of season ticket holders that don’t seem to turn out for cup games at every stage of a competition . It’s not down to price normally, so maybe they wouldn’t have come if it was £20. It’s a rare chance to see a premier league team at spotland, and actually witness some atmosphere
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 12:58]

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Newcastle tickets on 12:25 - Dec 19 with 1215 viewsKenBoon

Has anyone found an option to pick up your ticket at the ground when ordering online? It costs £3 per order (can be multiple tickets) for P&P and I get no option to select pickup. I don't live in the parish anymore so it could be some distance check they have on my address, but I don't think it is.
Newcastle tickets on 13:43 - Dec 19 with 1108 viewsChaffRAFC

My views on this are similar to R17ALE's.

I will be paying the price and I also completely understand the need to get money in.

However, this was a huge opportunity to get people off their backs and all it needed was normal match day prices like the Tottenham game was. The timing of this, when you add it to the huge discontent some feel about the board, only serves to further strain the relationship between the fanbase and the board.

I also get that you're never going to please everyone and that people always want something for nothing but the decisions being made and the timing of these decisions makes the board look like they're almost pissing people off intentionally which can't possibly be the case surely.

The club blocking people on social media is pathetic as well, in fact, while the recent meeting between the Trust and the Board outlined an intention to not become like Bury, things like the blocking of people on social media makes us look more like Bury every day.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Newcastle tickets on 14:13 - Dec 19 with 1057 viewssweetcorn

Newcastle tickets on 10:27 - Dec 19 by Will_RAFC

Exactly my thoughts.

I'd rather pay an extra couple of quid, and the club makes money, with a chance to improve the squad, rather than them "cover" it with the TV fee. We get very few days to make money, I don't consider this a rip off at all - a lot of League One grounds charge £24/£25 to get in. These are the kind of ties we dream about, we might have been spoilt with Spurs and United in the last few years but we can't take these draws and days for granted. I guess the attendance will justify the prices (or not), but if they had been lowered I'd bet anything people would be moaning that we aren't charging enough to bring in new players!

What exactly would they be covering with the TV fee if they charged the normal match day price for an unexpected fixture?

The people who are moaning aren't asking for anything special, just the price of a normal Cat A game which would have been more than reasonable, with all things considered.

This latest stunt looks nothing more than an attempt to milk the loyal fan base of an extra £5 each. £5 is f**k all, but it's more about the principle..

Surely you're not naive to think this extra money will go into January recruitment, we've had substantial amounts of money into the club over the last 5-10 years, what makes you think our transfer policy would change due to your extra fiver?

[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 14:15]

Newcastle tickets on 14:16 - Dec 19 with 1042 viewsdingdangblue

Newcastle tickets on 14:13 - Dec 19 by sweetcorn

What exactly would they be covering with the TV fee if they charged the normal match day price for an unexpected fixture?

The people who are moaning aren't asking for anything special, just the price of a normal Cat A game which would have been more than reasonable, with all things considered.

This latest stunt looks nothing more than an attempt to milk the loyal fan base of an extra £5 each. £5 is f**k all, but it's more about the principle..

Surely you're not naive to think this extra money will go into January recruitment, we've had substantial amounts of money into the club over the last 5-10 years, what makes you think our transfer policy would change due to your extra fiver?

[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 14:15]

I think it's more about getting as many £27's from the away end (they will definitely sell every seat) - we are just collateral damage.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Newcastle tickets on 14:44 - Dec 19 with 996 viewsdalenumber2

Well they certainly aren't making it easy. The online ticket service doesn't seem to be working and I can't get through on the telephone. I suppose I will have to go down to the ground, hope I haven't gone off the idea before I manage to get there!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024