Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle tickets 21:55 - Dec 16 with 32131 views442Dale

Now we are through, with the added bonus of tonight’s game being on tv and the Newcastle game also on BT, really hope we are sensible with the ticket prices ie. not raising them by a fiver a la Sunderland etc. With the Accrington game three days before and Bolton the week after, we don’t want to see fans having to make a choice and missing vital league games.

For a number of years we’ve not had a “big” draw in cup competitions. This will be the third in less than two years, floating fans will start to think twice if the price isn’t right as the novelty is going. If the home ends aren’t full, we’ll have got it wrong.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Newcastle tickets on 16:29 - Dec 18 with 1667 viewsDorsetDale

Newcastle tickets on 16:08 - Dec 18 by AtThePeake

I wonder if a blind eye would be turned should we be struggling to sell tickets in the home ends though?

The board, for all their strange thinking can't possibly not see the potential for all kinds of problems to allow that to happen.

Can they?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Newcastle tickets on 16:37 - Dec 18 with 1628 viewsnordenblue

Newcastle tickets on 16:29 - Dec 18 by DorsetDale

The board, for all their strange thinking can't possibly not see the potential for all kinds of problems to allow that to happen.

Can they?

It's all about the money honey ....
Newcastle tickets on 16:37 - Dec 18 with 1628 viewsCleedale

Have I read this right? :

"However, where one of the clubs is outside the football league, that club get 50%, the other club 40%, with 10% still going to the pool. So Newcastle get a slightly higher percentage of the cash than if they had played non-league Boston".

So more revenue going Newcastle's way, anyway?
Newcastle tickets on 16:44 - Dec 18 with 1601 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 16:37 - Dec 18 by Cleedale

"However, where one of the clubs is outside the football league, that club get 50%, the other club 40%, with 10% still going to the pool. So Newcastle get a slightly higher percentage of the cash than if they had played non-league Boston".

I think that will mean clubs like bury, who are outside the football league.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Newcastle tickets on 16:55 - Dec 18 with 1553 viewsdingdangblue

Newcastle tickets on 16:37 - Dec 18 by Cleedale

Boston's capacity is half of ours so they'll make more money playing us - also Boston wouldn't have charged £25-27 to get in.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Newcastle tickets on 16:57 - Dec 18 with 1544 viewsCleedale

Newcastle tickets on 16:44 - Dec 18 by judd

Confused.

With Newcastle being in the Premier League and not a member of the EFL (which is temporarily 71 clubs) does that therefore mean they are not part of the Football League and therefore eligible for a higher percentage of gate money?

The plot thickens!
Newcastle tickets on 16:58 - Dec 18 with 1543 viewstony_roch975

Newcastle tickets on 11:56 - Dec 18 by nordenblue

A corner shop charge a premium for convenience and ease to make a purchase,both of which you can throw out the window when talking about Spotland,the reality is most folk go for value for money 9/10 and if that means an overpriced corner shop going bang then so be it, we are heading in the same direction with this clown making decisions.

the corner shop, as the name says, is on your corner ie our Dale; you go to the Etihad & support someone else's team if you want, I want to support the team where I live. Glad you're ok with corner shops going bust, I want my corner shop and my team. I thought it was only the southern elite who believe in corporate, multi-national over local!

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Newcastle tickets on 17:06 - Dec 18 with 1518 viewstony_roch975

Newcastle tickets on 12:18 - Dec 18 by HK_Dale

Agree that an overhaul is needed.

We could learn something from the way some of the newer NFL teams have gone about building a loyal and engaged fan base. Getting players and the club to be visible and support charity work; open training sessions; fan engagement events in the local area, not just at the stadium.

We should be aiming to make the football club a pillar of the community rather than a niche interest for a few thousand around the town...

Find out about what our Community Trust do - apparently you don't know but they do charity work, fan engagement, being visible to local schools & communities and much more; by all means moan about our club's off-field leadership all you want, but get your facts right.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle tickets on 17:09 - Dec 18 with 1509 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 16:57 - Dec 18 by Cleedale

Confused.

With Newcastle being in the Premier League and not a member of the EFL (which is temporarily 71 clubs) does that therefore mean they are not part of the Football League and therefore eligible for a higher percentage of gate money?

The plot thickens!

But they play in the League Cup as members of the football league.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Newcastle tickets on 17:14 - Dec 18 with 1491 views442Dale

They’re outside of all reality.

Newcastle tickets on 17:16 - Dec 18 with 1486 viewsisitme

Newcastle tickets on 17:06 - Dec 18 by tony_roch975

Find out about what our Community Trust do - apparently you don't know but they do charity work, fan engagement, being visible to local schools & communities and much more; by all means moan about our club's off-field leadership all you want, but get your facts right.

Absolutely.

There is a video of Big Jim at a local primary school talking about road safety. The players and the football in the community staff do a lot in local schools and other areas such as walking football, social activities for the elderly, 5 a side competition amongst local mosques etc.
Newcastle tickets on 17:21 - Dec 18 with 1472 viewsHK_Dale

Newcastle tickets on 17:06 - Dec 18 by tony_roch975

Apologies for causing offence - I obviously didn't know, but therein is a point in that we don't puiblicise this on social media, also the number of fans attending isn't being converted from these efforts.

This was not intended as a negative on the work some people do or don't do, but more an observation on what has worked well elsewhere.

It seems like you're personally involved so apologies for that and again for causing you offence...
Newcastle tickets on 17:22 - Dec 18 with 1467 viewsisitme

There is always coverage of the community work on the official website and Twitter.
Newcastle tickets on 17:52 - Dec 18 with 1399 viewsDalenet

Newcastle tickets on 17:22 - Dec 18 by isitme

There is always coverage of the community work on the official website and Twitter.

and in the club programme TVOS. Always a good read
Newcastle tickets on 18:09 - Dec 18 with 1351 viewsDalenet

Newcastle tickets on 15:20 - Dec 18 by Ancoats_Blue

There’s a risk but you’d hope the club flag any sales to people with Newcastle and surrounding postcodes. Obviously there are NUFC fans nationwide but not to the extent of Man U , Liverpool etc where it’s actually difficult to pinpoint where match going fans live. So querying a sudden influx of “home” fans setting up a billing address in the north east would be prudent, if it happens.

Sod off. Some of us live in Newcastle
Newcastle tickets on 18:17 - Dec 18 with 1338 viewsrochdaleriddler

Newcastle tickets on 13:37 - Dec 18 by AtThePeake

Do we think there's a chance, given that Newcastle look very likely to sell their away allocation, that some Newcastlle fans will snap up tickets in the home end once they go on general sale and the ground will end up full regardless?

As there are no restrictions on numbers of tickets bought I would have thought it inevitable . I have Newcastle supporting friends, so I could buy theirs, all registered to my Rochdale address

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Newcastle tickets on 18:20 - Dec 18 with 1327 viewsrochdaleriddler

Newcastle tickets on 18:09 - Dec 18 by Dalenet

I’m sure your address is known to the club

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Newcastle tickets on 18:28 - Dec 18 with 1291 viewsShun

Newcastle tickets on 10:28 - Dec 18 by tony_roch975

Is the issue of affordability of football unique to this match - I can hear an argument for the club subsidising poverty by lowering prices but then we'd likely go out of business. Equally many folk will have been to venues like Manchester Arena for a couple of hrs entertainment (no cracks about Dale's current entertainment value please) and paid much more - it's more than comparable with local theatre / arts centres pricing. Surely, those of you reasonably arguing to avoid pricing fans out of football need to propose means-tested pricing or Govt subsidy - surely the Peoples Govt would commit to that!
Got my ticket. Up the Dale!
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 10:48]

It’s a really interesting point, tony. Just what is the right price for a football match? In the entertainment industry I could go and watch a musical but I’d be paying about £70 per ticket for a lot of shows, and I’d have to rub my eyes in disbelief if I saw tickets for £27.

Yet on the other hand I’ve just booked to go and watch Star Wars at the cinema, which will probably be more entertaining than any Dale match this season and is roughly the same running time, and it’s only cost me £7.50.

While acknowledging that the first of those activities is traditionally more of a ‘high-brow’ compared to the classically working-class football, it’s still an interesting comparison. I suppose the answer is a football match is worth exactly what someone will pay for it. Certainly relative to other clubs in League One we offer better prices - I haven’t looked into it but I’m willing to bet our season tickets are in the bottom two or three cost-wise.
Newcastle tickets on 18:37 - Dec 18 with 1255 views442Dale

Newcastle tickets on 18:28 - Dec 18 by Shun

It’s a really interesting point, tony. Just what is the right price for a football match? In the entertainment industry I could go and watch a musical but I’d be paying about £70 per ticket for a lot of shows, and I’d have to rub my eyes in disbelief if I saw tickets for £27.

Yet on the other hand I’ve just booked to go and watch Star Wars at the cinema, which will probably be more entertaining than any Dale match this season and is roughly the same running time, and it’s only cost me £7.50.

While acknowledging that the first of those activities is traditionally more of a ‘high-brow’ compared to the classically working-class football, it’s still an interesting comparison. I suppose the answer is a football match is worth exactly what someone will pay for it. Certainly relative to other clubs in League One we offer better prices - I haven’t looked into it but I’m willing to bet our season tickets are in the bottom two or three cost-wise.

What is still difficult to understand was the decision to keep season tickets at such a low price if there were any pressing financial issues. Think most were expecting a slight raise, £25/£50 more would still have been great value.

Newcastle tickets on 18:53 - Dec 18 with 1207 viewsrochdaleriddler

I’m off to the Panto tomorrow in Manchester, ‘starring’ Craig Revel Horward. £20 bargain. Full price was £36

Newcastle tickets on 18:56 - Dec 18 with 1203 viewsAtThePeake

Would you go to see a musical for £70 every fortnight though? And then go to other cities in the country to watch one on the alternate weekends?

In terms of a football match being worth exactly what someone will pay for it, it's hard to disagree. But at the same time it doesn't make the pricing right. In this country we have a weird attitude towards protests and boycotts. Apart from in extreme situations like at Blackpool for example, supporters are seen as 'not real fans' if they decide to take a stand against rising prices by voting with their feet and as such, it's rare that there will be enough of an uptake in a boycott or a protest that will force a re-think from those who price the tickets.

In Italy, mass boycotts helped keep the ticket prices at a fairly reasonable level in the early 00s. The league inevitably suffered somewhat from that in competing with the PL and La Liga for a while, but is now making something of a comeback given that ticket pricing is becoming less important as a means of income at the top level. Whilst people still buy tickets, the prices can continue to be whatever those in charge set them at. Why change them for the sake of a few that can no longer afford it? They don't care one jot about that loss of a handful of loyal customers if they're making their money back on raising prices for those of us who will still pay it - especially games like this one where we don't want to miss a chance to see our team create a bit of history.

I think most people are in the same boat as me here - we know we're mugs, and we know we could make a difference if we had the organisation and the support to stage a boycott - but we'll pay our money anyway and when we're sat in our seat come 12.31pm on January 4th we won't be thinking about the irritation of rising ticket prices anymore.

Tangled up in blue.

Newcastle tickets on 19:12 - Dec 18 with 1156 viewsAncoats_Blue

Newcastle tickets on 18:09 - Dec 18 by Dalenet

My commiserations to you. I’ll be thinking of you this Christmas.
Newcastle tickets on 19:18 - Dec 18 with 1128 viewsShun

Newcastle tickets on 18:56 - Dec 18 by AtThePeake

Would you go to see a musical for £70 every fortnight though? And then go to other cities in the country to watch one on the alternate weekends?

In terms of a football match being worth exactly what someone will pay for it, it's hard to disagree. But at the same time it doesn't make the pricing right. In this country we have a weird attitude towards protests and boycotts. Apart from in extreme situations like at Blackpool for example, supporters are seen as 'not real fans' if they decide to take a stand against rising prices by voting with their feet and as such, it's rare that there will be enough of an uptake in a boycott or a protest that will force a re-think from those who price the tickets.

In Italy, mass boycotts helped keep the ticket prices at a fairly reasonable level in the early 00s. The league inevitably suffered somewhat from that in competing with the PL and La Liga for a while, but is now making something of a comeback given that ticket pricing is becoming less important as a means of income at the top level. Whilst people still buy tickets, the prices can continue to be whatever those in charge set them at. Why change them for the sake of a few that can no longer afford it? They don't care one jot about that loss of a handful of loyal customers if they're making their money back on raising prices for those of us who will still pay it - especially games like this one where we don't want to miss a chance to see our team create a bit of history.

I think most people are in the same boat as me here - we know we're mugs, and we know we could make a difference if we had the organisation and the support to stage a boycott - but we'll pay our money anyway and when we're sat in our seat come 12.31pm on January 4th we won't be thinking about the irritation of rising ticket prices anymore.

Regarding not seeing a musical every fortnight, that’s a fair point! And it’s hard to disagree with anything else in your post either.
Newcastle tickets on 19:30 - Dec 18 with 1090 viewspioneer

Bury have a football club? Must have missed the news.😊
Newcastle tickets on 19:47 - Dec 18 with 1044 viewsrobtheb

Newcastle tickets on 15:32 - Dec 18 by DorsetDale

Given the likelihood Dale fans won't take up full allocation of home end tickets and that there are probably many Newcastle fans will have Dale fans/locals as family or friends, they will be in home parts of the ground.
There were Leeds fans in the Sandy, I even brought one with me.
I take your point about post codes so doubt they will be "en masse".

Boston fans sat next to me in the main stand for home tie.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024