Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great debuts 15:08 - Jan 7 with 9230 viewsAntti_Heinola

Following on from the praise for Masterson, what are the best QPR debuts you've seen?

Clive Allen's is an obvious one, but I wasn't there. For me, Gareth Ainsworth stands out, brilliant debut v Blackpool. Lee Camp, first time. Jamie Mackie's was decent.

Others?

Bare bones.

Great debuts on 15:11 - Jan 10 with 708 viewsPinnerPaul

Tony Currie - scored from 20 yards - 3-0 win v Fulham I think

All from memory, so feel free to look up and correct!
Great debuts on 15:22 - Jan 10 with 688 viewsHantsR

Stan's home debut, scored a header then set Givens up and was the excited buzz of the terraces.

Another memorable debut was Rio Ferdinand. For the first 15 minutes he looked quite classy - but sadly that was it
Great debuts on 15:25 - Jan 10 with 678 viewsHantsR

Great debuts on 15:11 - Jan 10 by PinnerPaul

Tony Currie - scored from 20 yards - 3-0 win v Fulham I think

All from memory, so feel free to look up and correct!

No you're right mate! Dropped over his shoulder perfectly for a great volley.
Great debuts on 15:28 - Jan 10 with 672 viewsTonto

Kevin McLeod's debut was pretty good! then we decided to boo him and his confidence wained.

Tom Hancock?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Great debuts on 15:30 - Jan 10 with 667 viewsMick_S

Memorable but not great: Bob Malcolm. I am genuinely glad I was there that day. Everyone, and I mean everyone had the bloke sussed in two minutes. He not only had the worst however minutes he was on the pitch that day, his first touch/run/pass are the most appalling I have ever seen at Rangers. So bad it was funny.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Great debuts on 15:37 - Jan 10 with 661 viewsLongsufferingR

Great debuts on 15:28 - Jan 10 by Tonto

Kevin McLeod's debut was pretty good! then we decided to boo him and his confidence wained.

Tom Hancock?

Also Radek Cerny. 8 minutes on the clock when the chants of "one Lee Camp" piped up just because he flapped at one cross.
Great debuts on 15:51 - Jan 10 with 631 viewsNelson_Rs

Surprised not to see Cisse get a mention yet - away at Villa 10 minutes into his debut he scores with an exceptional finish. Scored lots of crucial goals in the run in that season (when he wasn't getting sent off), who can forget the last minute winner in that Stoke game that ended up keeping us up. Sadly it just papered over the huge cracks that were all too apparent the following season!
Great debuts on 19:06 - Jan 10 with 558 viewssmegma

Great debuts on 21:23 - Jan 8 by LongsufferingR

Yes, quite often on here some people lump him in with Bosingwa, Park, Samba etc etc which I find mystifying.

I don't recall anyone abusing him on here.
Login to get fewer ads

Great debuts on 19:08 - Jan 10 with 557 viewssmegma

Great debuts on 23:02 - Jan 9 by SydneyRs

Indeed.

Guess they didn't count the many who got in the away end with forged tickets, causing the start of the game to be delayed by around an hour when the West Ham fans spilled onto the pitch due to the overcrowding. Thank the lord we didn't have fencing as it could have been disastrous.

I was in the Loft and lets just say it wasn't exactly very well received when the police tried to move some of them into our end. A quick change of plan ensued.

No love for Gus Caesar on this thread?
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 23:04]

Like I mentioned earlier, there was no evidence of any forged tickets found.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024