Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great debuts 15:08 - Jan 7 with 9229 viewsAntti_Heinola

Following on from the praise for Masterson, what are the best QPR debuts you've seen?

Clive Allen's is an obvious one, but I wasn't there. For me, Gareth Ainsworth stands out, brilliant debut v Blackpool. Lee Camp, first time. Jamie Mackie's was decent.

Others?

Bare bones.

Great debuts on 15:30 - Jan 8 with 1334 viewsCiderwithRsie

Great debuts on 09:24 - Jan 8 by ozexile

Can't believe we're 3 pages in and no one has mentioned one of the best goals of the 80's.
Pizanti's 30 yd screamer in the cup. About 35,000 there to see it as well. Wouldn't he be a good forever R.

Fair point.

Also: Leon Jeanne
Great debuts on 15:50 - Jan 8 with 1300 viewsloftboy

I am also one of only a few hundred who witnessed Kurt Bakholts debut up at Man City

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Great debuts on 15:59 - Jan 8 with 1291 viewsLongsufferingR

Great debuts on 10:52 - Jan 8 by cyprusmel

Loic Remy v West Ham.

Yes, thought we would stay up when that one went in. Shame we got battered for the rest of the game. I don't really get the negativity around Remy on here. I thought he was great and loved his technique in that rather than controlling a pass and then shooting, he would adjust his position according to how the ball was running and then hit it first time, usually on target. Also applied to that West Ham goal and at Southampton and my favourite against Wigan. Was right behind that one and nearly passed out celebrating it.
Great debuts on 16:06 - Jan 8 with 1280 viewssmegma

Can't believe we're 3 pages in and no one has mentioned one of the best goals of the 80's.
Pizanti's 30 yd screamer in the cup. About 35,000 there to see it as well. Wouldn't he be a good forever R.

This is called 'great debuts' not 'great goals of the 80s'.

Pizantis goal was 3 months AFTER his debut.
Great debuts on 16:10 - Jan 8 with 1268 viewsGalileo

Not sure it was a debut but Gino made a pretty immediate impact once he got into the 2002/03 team.
Great debuts on 16:14 - Jan 8 with 1259 viewsaston_hoop

Great debuts on 16:10 - Jan 8 by Galileo

Not sure it was a debut but Gino made a pretty immediate impact once he got into the 2002/03 team.

he'd definitely played a few cup games and made the odd sub appearance but I remember the game you mean, home to Barnsley just after Christmas and it was his first long awaited league start. Looked on another level immediately and had the crowed xcheering every touch within 5 minutes

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Great debuts on 16:14 - Jan 8 with 1259 viewsCheshireR

On page 4 of this thread and nobody has mentioned Alan McDonald's debut in the 0.4 victory away at Wolves in 1983.
The 19 year old Macca kept the then record £1.5 million Wolves striker Andy Gray in his pocket for the full 90 minutes.
That day an R's legend was born.
Great debuts on 16:25 - Jan 8 with 1244 viewssmegma

23,651 in fact.
Login to get fewer ads

Great debuts on 16:26 - Jan 8 with 1242 viewsNorthernr

Great debuts on 16:25 - Jan 8 by smegma

23,651 in fact.

And if you believe that...
Great debuts on 16:29 - Jan 8 with 1240 viewsJeff

Great debuts on 16:25 - Jan 8 by smegma

23,651 in fact.

not quite as many as the 42,000 there for Trevor Sinclair's goal vs Barnsley though, is it?

Can we not knock it?

Great debuts on 16:33 - Jan 8 with 1233 viewscyprusmel

Great debuts on 15:59 - Jan 8 by LongsufferingR

Yes, thought we would stay up when that one went in. Shame we got battered for the rest of the game. I don't really get the negativity around Remy on here. I thought he was great and loved his technique in that rather than controlling a pass and then shooting, he would adjust his position according to how the ball was running and then hit it first time, usually on target. Also applied to that West Ham goal and at Southampton and my favourite against Wigan. Was right behind that one and nearly passed out celebrating it.

Scored better than 1 in 3 but what I liked was his willingness to play in the game for us the day before he was due to move to Chelsea.
Rednapp would not allow him to play though.
I liked him a lot and thought he worked hard for us.
Great debuts on 16:36 - Jan 8 with 1228 viewssmegma

Great debuts on 16:26 - Jan 8 by Northernr

Are you saying our club lied ??!!!

The football magazine When Saturday Comes did some digging around and found no evidence of the 'thousands of forged tickets' that the old bill claimed that led to the overcrowding, game being stopped etc......
Great debuts on 17:10 - Jan 8 with 1194 viewsClive_Anderson

Dunno if it was his first game, but Andy Gray scored those two rockets against Man Utd shortly after we signed him. Wallop.

He left soon after for some reason I never understood.
Great debuts on 17:48 - Jan 8 with 1155 viewssmegma

Great debuts on 17:10 - Jan 8 by Clive_Anderson

Dunno if it was his first game, but Andy Gray scored those two rockets against Man Utd shortly after we signed him. Wallop.

He left soon after for some reason I never understood.

It was his 9th game and he only played twice more then left.

That night v Manchester United only 10,000 turned up as there was a tube strike. I had to walk all the way from the pub in Notting Hill Gate and back again !!
Great debuts on 17:55 - Jan 8 with 1140 viewssmegma

Great debuts on 15:59 - Jan 8 by LongsufferingR

'Negativity around Remy ' ??
Great debuts on 21:23 - Jan 8 with 1050 viewsLongsufferingR

Great debuts on 17:55 - Jan 8 by smegma

'Negativity around Remy ' ??

Yes, quite often on here some people lump him in with Bosingwa, Park, Samba etc etc which I find mystifying.
Great debuts on 22:11 - Jan 8 with 1029 viewsFearless

Sammy Lee’s debut was outstanding IMO - really thought we’d signed a genius that day - not sure what happened after as he never really showed that form again
Great debuts on 22:22 - Jan 8 with 1015 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great debuts on 22:11 - Jan 8 by Fearless

Sammy Lee’s debut was outstanding IMO - really thought we’d signed a genius that day - not sure what happened after as he never really showed that form again

"He's short,
He's round,
He bounces on the ground....
Sammy Leeee, Samy Leeeee"

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Great debuts on 22:34 - Jan 8 with 997 viewsCiderwithRsie

Great debuts on 17:48 - Jan 8 by smegma

It was his 9th game and he only played twice more then left.

That night v Manchester United only 10,000 turned up as there was a tube strike. I had to walk all the way from the pub in Notting Hill Gate and back again !!

Is that right? I was there, and as I always used the tube at the time I've no idea how, I didn't bloody walk. Possibly a lift from a mate.

One of the best games I've seen, one of those classic evening games.
Great debuts on 23:55 - Jan 8 with 967 viewswombat

Kurt The legend , 45 mins was all it took to place hi. Into the Hearts of the lucky few who saw him that afternoon
[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 23:58]

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Great debuts on 07:42 - Jan 9 with 914 viewskernowhoop

Great debuts on 15:34 - Jan 7 by ted_hendrix

I was at the County ground, Swindon with a work colleague for an evening game my colleague was/is an absolute Swindon nut right down to watching their juniors and reserves playing.
Emmanuel Ledesma was playing for us (league cup I think) and had a cracking game, my mate reckoned he was a superb little player and said in his eyes the only other player he's seen from an opposition team that caught his eye was Wayne Rooney as a 15 year old playing for Everton reserves.
I had a lot of time for Ledesma (and I was there for the hat-trick game).

I was also at that game at Swindon - great performance by Ledesma. In pouring rain, I think?

How far back does your Swindon-supporting mate go? I wonder if he was there for the reserve match some time in the mid-sixties, when Mike Summerbee scored against us at the Town End, by heading into the goal through a gap in the side netting? He had quite a grin on his face afterwards.
Great debuts on 22:29 - Jan 9 with 807 viewsqprxtc

Wayne Fereday v Bristol Rovers August 1980. Two goals in a four nil win.

Barry Silkmans home debut v Luton November 1980. I thought he was brilliant in a three two win.

Carl Leaburn. Away to Reading 2001/02 season. He came on, ref blew for full time, he never came back.
Great debuts on 23:02 - Jan 9 with 785 viewsSydneyRs

Great debuts on 16:26 - Jan 8 by Northernr

Indeed.

Guess they didn't count the many who got in the away end with forged tickets, causing the start of the game to be delayed by around an hour when the West Ham fans spilled onto the pitch due to the overcrowding. Thank the lord we didn't have fencing as it could have been disastrous.

I was in the Loft and lets just say it wasn't exactly very well received when the police tried to move some of them into our end. A quick change of plan ensued.

No love for Gus Caesar on this thread?
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 23:04]
Great debuts on 23:03 - Jan 9 with 783 viewsSydneyRs

Great debuts on 22:22 - Jan 8 by BrianMcCarthy

"He's short,
He's round,
He bounces on the ground....
Sammy Leeee, Samy Leeeee"

I recall the first line as "he's fat".
Great debuts on 23:53 - Jan 9 with 754 viewsEsox_Lucius

Two good debuts that will grate in the memory now; Jose Bosingwa comes on as sub against WBA and looked head & shoulders better than any other player on the park with many an R leaving the ground saying what a great player he is going to be for us. Chris Samba at home to Norwich where Grant Holt bounced off him a couple of times early on and decided he was going to get nothing out of him so swapped him out with Wes Hoolahan I think who was later subbed off. Samba really looked the part that day but we were soon disillusioned by him at Fulham. IIRC Adel missed a penalty in the Norwich game too.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024