Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great debuts 15:08 - Jan 7 with 9231 viewsAntti_Heinola

Following on from the praise for Masterson, what are the best QPR debuts you've seen?

Clive Allen's is an obvious one, but I wasn't there. For me, Gareth Ainsworth stands out, brilliant debut v Blackpool. Lee Camp, first time. Jamie Mackie's was decent.

Others?

Bare bones.

Great debuts on 05:07 - Jan 8 with 1249 viewsNorthLondonR

Great debuts on 20:32 - Jan 7 by DWQPR

Samba Diakite’s full debut at home to Fulham was the most memorable. What the fûck he must have been smoking before the game only then to go on a one man genocidal rampage until the ref finally got the guts to come out of the trenches to send him off. Has to be the best debut ever🤣
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 20:34]

Not quite as good as Justin Cochrane's debut which I would be surprised if it lasted as much as 5 mins
Great debuts on 05:40 - Jan 8 with 1232 viewsloftboy

Great debuts on 22:05 - Jan 7 by CiderwithRsie

Yeah, Johnny Byrne was on my mind too, couldn't remember the actual game though. He'd had a memorable match against us for York City in the cup, too.

Trevor Francis's impact as a player was huge for me, though again I can't remember who it was against, i just remember thinking "wow, this is a bit special" - it was when the English game was going through that long-ball bollocks and he was a throw back to the Bowles-(G) Francis era but still playing when all of those heroes had retired.

Not his debut, but for one game vs ManUre Andy Gray looked like God in hoops.

But the best actual debut match I can remember was Kevin Brock. The fact that it was Paul Parker's debut too and that parker was brilliant tells you just how good Brock was pulling the strings in the most comprehensive demolition of what was supposed to be a top side in their own backyard I've ever seen.

Francis debut was away at Pompey the game made famous by a certain dean coney miss.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Great debuts on 07:42 - Jan 8 with 1184 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great debuts on 02:42 - Jan 8 by SydneyRs

It would be hard to believe for anyone who didn't actually see it, but Parker regularly won battles in the air against big tall strikers . Alan Smith of Arsenal aprings to mond as one I recall Parker somehow outjumping to win headers.

Fantastic player for us, one of the best I've seen.

That West Ham game was magnificent. Tore them a new one at Upton Park on the opening day in beautiful sunshine. In fact the first two months of that season were amazing.

Very true. Parker beating Graeme Sharp in the air was another highlight. Scarcely believable, but then we got used to it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Great debuts on 07:46 - Jan 8 with 1178 viewsWokingR

I remember Shaun Wright Phillips debut and thinking what a difference he was going to make.
He soon showed us though didn't he.
Great debuts on 08:12 - Jan 8 with 1168 viewsdistortR

Great debuts on 07:42 - Jan 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Very true. Parker beating Graeme Sharp in the air was another highlight. Scarcely believable, but then we got used to it.

yeah, they took sharp off and put a big centreback up front one game, first ball in and to huge cheers Parker out-jumps him as well!

I remember tommy williams coming on for his debut and looking mustard. (Chesterfield, first day of the season?)
Great debuts on 08:31 - Jan 8 with 1158 viewsmakaveli1882

Gallen scored on both home debuts, secind time round in 4-0 win v Swindon and ran the game.

Hate to say it but Vinny Jones scored on debut, I also think Bignot did at Burnley.

Always remember Christer Warren having a great debut but that was it.
Great debuts on 09:24 - Jan 8 with 1123 viewsozexile

Can't believe we're 3 pages in and no one has mentioned one of the best goals of the 80's.
Pizanti's 30 yd screamer in the cup. About 35,000 there to see it as well. Wouldn't he be a good forever R.
Great debuts on 09:29 - Jan 8 with 1114 viewsShotKneesHoop

Great debuts on 07:46 - Jan 8 by WokingR

I remember Shaun Wright Phillips debut and thinking what a difference he was going to make.
He soon showed us though didn't he.

He surely made a difference in the total waste of money stakes.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Login to get fewer ads

Great debuts on 09:37 - Jan 8 with 1106 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great debuts on 09:24 - Jan 8 by ozexile

Can't believe we're 3 pages in and no one has mentioned one of the best goals of the 80's.
Pizanti's 30 yd screamer in the cup. About 35,000 there to see it as well. Wouldn't he be a good forever R.

One of my favourite days at HQ.

Was that Pizanti's debut, Oz?

Great debuts on 09:50 - Jan 8 with 1088 viewsozexile

Great debuts on 09:37 - Jan 8 by BrianMcCarthy

99% sure it was Brian. He'd been at the club for a while but never played.
Great debuts on 10:03 - Jan 8 with 1078 viewsW7Ranger

Jordan Hugill v Stoke.

Scoring after only 8 mins.
Great debuts on 10:10 - Jan 8 with 1064 viewsfrancisbowles

Clive Allen's full debut (he had played about a dozen times as a sub, mainly late and away from home, I think). Still only 17 and a great thumping hat-trick in a relegation bound team.

I was also at West Ham for the quadruple debut, great day.

What about Gino Padula, that game when he suddenly appeared in the team and had a great game winning every challenge, not sure if it was his debut though.

Manning at Wolves, surprise selection we had had a terrible Christmas and had been on a long losing run, did a passable Ale impersonation from deep midfield and we won.
Great debuts on 10:29 - Jan 8 with 1044 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great debuts on 09:50 - Jan 8 by ozexile

99% sure it was Brian. He'd been at the club for a while but never played.

I think you're right. I'd just forgotten!

Great debuts on 10:41 - Jan 8 with 1020 viewsNorthernr

Great debuts on 08:31 - Jan 8 by makaveli1882

Gallen scored on both home debuts, secind time round in 4-0 win v Swindon and ran the game.

Hate to say it but Vinny Jones scored on debut, I also think Bignot did at Burnley.

Always remember Christer Warren having a great debut but that was it.

Was Vinny JOnes at Huddersfield, hooked it over his head with first touch then met it with a first time volley as it dropped with the second? Dog having a day.
Great debuts on 10:52 - Jan 8 with 1007 viewsElHoop

I remember Wayne Fereday scoring on his debut - apparently it was Bristol Rovers according to Wiki. Tommy Doc was the manager and it was a 'Big Match' game I think. Doc was interviewed afterwards and said that he was bound to get dropped. Not sure who got dropped first - Fereday or the Doc. Probably Fereday. He was bloody quick though.
Great debuts on 10:52 - Jan 8 with 1007 viewscyprusmel

Loic Remy v West Ham.
Great debuts on 11:08 - Jan 8 with 994 viewspaulparker

Great debuts on 09:37 - Jan 8 by BrianMcCarthy

It wasn’t pizanti’s debut

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Great debuts on 13:11 - Jan 8 with 948 viewsrichranger

Roy Wegerle. Can't remember who against - but he took on them all - and beat them all.
Great debuts on 13:19 - Jan 8 with 931 viewsgazza1

Great debuts on 13:11 - Jan 8 by richranger

Roy Wegerle. Can't remember who against - but he took on them all - and beat them all.

Leeds
Great debuts on 13:49 - Jan 8 with 908 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great debuts on 13:19 - Jan 8 by gazza1

Leeds

Don't think Wegerle made his debut against Leeds, though I can't remember who he made his debut against. Wasn't he was with us in 89/90 when we went on that great FA Cup and League run? Leeds were still in the Second Division.

Great debuts on 14:00 - Jan 8 with 889 viewsCabdriveR

Kyle Walker up at Ipswich on the Tuesday night.
Great debuts on 14:11 - Jan 8 with 870 viewsNov77

Great debuts on 13:11 - Jan 8 by richranger

pretty sure it was a midweek night game at home, might be Southampton, and I think we drew, but he was electric, it was immediate, like everyone there was going 'ok the number 10 shirt has a worthy successor, it's in safe hands'

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Great debuts on 14:19 - Jan 8 with 857 viewspaulparker

Great debuts on 13:49 - Jan 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Don't think Wegerle made his debut against Leeds, though I can't remember who he made his debut against. Wasn't he was with us in 89/90 when we went on that great FA Cup and League run? Leeds were still in the Second Division.

Coventry at home we battered them with wegerle giving them the run around all day
Falco scores and then speedie scores the equaliser against the run of play ( nothing changes)
I can remember a game from 30 years but can’t remember what I had for dinner yesterday

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Great debuts on 14:28 - Jan 8 with 846 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I was at it, too - ever-present those years.

Remember loving him straight away, but not the details.

Great debuts on 15:25 - Jan 8 with 797 viewsCiderwithRsie

Great debuts on 07:42 - Jan 8 by BrianMcCarthy

They look on Sharp's face was a picture, he couldn't believe it either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024