Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered 17:48 - Dec 3 with 15225 viewsloftboy

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 15:28 - Dec 9 with 1190 views2Thomas2Bowles

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 15:15 - Dec 9 by Sharpy36

24h later, going well i see.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55244122

Overall yes.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 15:37 - Dec 9 with 1181 viewsSharpy36

So within 24h one large group of people have been advised not to have the vaccine due to a lack of testing, what other groups have been missed ?

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 15:48 - Dec 9 with 1173 viewsLythamR

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 15:37 - Dec 9 by Sharpy36

So within 24h one large group of people have been advised not to have the vaccine due to a lack of testing, what other groups have been missed ?

Allegedly both affected people were not only seriously allergic but also Marxists

People who dont have significant allergies or own a first edition original of Das Capital are encouraged to continue to get vaccinated
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:14 - Dec 9 with 1121 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well some people have an allergic reaction to peanuts, don't mean there should be a ban on peanuts.

The report also says they have recovered after treatment pretty fast.

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:16 - Dec 9 with 1138 viewsNorthernr

Two people who have mild allergic reactions to vaccines have mild allergic reaction to a vaccine. Recover immediately. Sound the alarm.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:18 - Dec 9 with 1134 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

For context:

100,000 doses were given yesterday and there has been 2 allergic reactions.

That’s a fatal reaction rate of 0% and a non fatal reaction (mild rashes) rate of 0.0002%. This is a lower fatal and non fatal rate than Calpol.

I wonder if any of the 616 people who died yesterday would take their chances if given the opportunity.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 16:45]
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:21 - Dec 9 with 1105 views2Thomas2Bowles

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:18 - Dec 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

For context:

100,000 doses were given yesterday and there has been 2 allergic reactions.

That’s a fatal reaction rate of 0% and a non fatal reaction (mild rashes) rate of 0.0002%. This is a lower fatal and non fatal rate than Calpol.

I wonder if any of the 616 people who died yesterday would take their chances if given the opportunity.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 16:45]

Something we can agree on.

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:21 - Dec 9 with 1122 viewsDiscodroids

The way the last 12 months have panned out for me i'd have powdered butterscoth angel delight injected into my common femoral vein if i thought it would help.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:26 - Dec 9 with 1108 viewsPinnerPaul

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:16 - Dec 9 by Northernr

Two people who have mild allergic reactions to vaccines have mild allergic reaction to a vaccine. Recover immediately. Sound the alarm.

and also they were so prone to allergic reactions that they carried one of those 'pens' with them 24/7.

If you bother to read the article it says that this sort of mild reaction is quite common with vaccinations.

When I had my first flu vaccine 3 years ago now, I had to stay for 10 minute afterwards just in case.

A 100% safe vaccine that eradicates a virus 100% doesn't exist, never has and probably never will.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:36 - Dec 9 with 1085 viewsSharpy36

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:16 - Dec 9 by Northernr

That alarm is audible enough for those in that category to not take the vaccine.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:42 - Dec 9 with 1089 viewsPinnerPaul

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:36 - Dec 9 by Sharpy36

That alarm is audible enough for those in that category to not take the vaccine.

I think the point I'm making is that in this day and age this is seen as unusual.

Take the time to read ANY leaflet for ANY medicine you take - there are risks associated with all of them and always apply to certain groups of people or certain other groups of drugs.

Its also a standard question when you go into hospital 'Are you allergic to anything' - they ask that for a reason!
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:53 - Dec 9 with 1061 viewsSharpy36

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:42 - Dec 9 by PinnerPaul

I think the point I'm making is that in this day and age this is seen as unusual.

Take the time to read ANY leaflet for ANY medicine you take - there are risks associated with all of them and always apply to certain groups of people or certain other groups of drugs.

Its also a standard question when you go into hospital 'Are you allergic to anything' - they ask that for a reason!

But in general you don`t inject/digest medication then read or ask what the ramifications are going to be. Not in my world anyway.

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:57 - Dec 9 with 1061 viewsPinnerPaul

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:53 - Dec 9 by Sharpy36

But in general you don`t inject/digest medication then read or ask what the ramifications are going to be. Not in my world anyway.

So you read that leaflet that comes with your 27p pack of paracetomol?
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 16:57]
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 17:08 - Dec 9 with 1050 viewsPhildo

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:21 - Dec 9 by Discodroids

The way the last 12 months have panned out for me i'd have powdered butterscoth angel delight injected into my common femoral vein if i thought it would help.

I believe there are establishments offering such services
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 17:10 - Dec 9 with 1035 viewsSharpy36

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:57 - Dec 9 by PinnerPaul

So you read that leaflet that comes with your 27p pack of paracetomol?
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 16:57]

No i don`t because i don`t have any underlying health conditions, as well as any other OTC drugs that have been in circulation for decades.
Call me mad if you wish but if i had to carry a dose of a life saving drug in a injection pen then was injected with something else that could possibly effect that condition without being told beforehand or at least given the option of refusal, that i did`nt question who else maybe is at risk.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 17:12]

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 17:15 - Dec 9 with 1033 viewsPinnerPaul

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 17:10 - Dec 9 by Sharpy36

No i don`t because i don`t have any underlying health conditions, as well as any other OTC drugs that have been in circulation for decades.
Call me mad if you wish but if i had to carry a dose of a life saving drug in a injection pen then was injected with something else that could possibly effect that condition without being told beforehand or at least given the option of refusal, that i did`nt question who else maybe is at risk.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 17:12]

I can see your point, but my point is that all drugs have side effects, but in the current climate this has become big news because its Covid - understandable I guess, but just wanted to make the point that we are all taking/have taken drugs that have possible side effects.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 17:26 - Dec 9 with 1015 viewsSharpy36

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 17:15 - Dec 9 by PinnerPaul

I can see your point, but my point is that all drugs have side effects, but in the current climate this has become big news because its Covid - understandable I guess, but just wanted to make the point that we are all taking/have taken drugs that have possible side effects.

And i totally agree with you mate.
This vaccine is going to split opinion for quite some time to come.

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 17:29 - Dec 9 with 1018 viewsNorthernr

Just had a fun hour trying to book a pre-Christmas test with Boots, who helpfully charge you the £120 first (a process which requires registration which in turn requires a shot of your passport to be uploaded) and then break the news to you that the next appointment at any Boots in London isn't until mid January - news which you can only discover by clicking on each Boots in turn to see their appointment diary, slowly getting further and further away from your house. Fun trip out to Heathrow Terminal 5 for me on December 17.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 17:34 - Dec 9 with 1010 viewsCiderwithRsie

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:21 - Dec 9 by Discodroids

You mean it doesn't?

Suppose I'll have to go back to eating it
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 17:37 - Dec 9 with 995 viewsSharpy36

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 17:29 - Dec 9 by Northernr

Just had a fun hour trying to book a pre-Christmas test with Boots, who helpfully charge you the £120 first (a process which requires registration which in turn requires a shot of your passport to be uploaded) and then break the news to you that the next appointment at any Boots in London isn't until mid January - news which you can only discover by clicking on each Boots in turn to see their appointment diary, slowly getting further and further away from your house. Fun trip out to Heathrow Terminal 5 for me on December 17.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Would have been quicker and cheaper if you had got a Saturday job at a care home.

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 19:51 - Dec 9 with 965 viewskensalriser

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 17:26 - Dec 9 by Sharpy36

And i totally agree with you mate.
This vaccine is going to split opinion for quite some time to come.

It's only going to split opinion between people who make rational evidence-based decisions and people who won't change their opinion no matter what evidence is laid before them.

Thankfully the former group is quite a lot larger than the latter.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 19:53 - Dec 9 with 961 viewsessextaxiboy

These people both carry adrenaline for allergic reactions , hardly a large group
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 20:17 - Dec 9 with 941 viewsSharpy36

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 19:53 - Dec 9 by essextaxiboy

These people both carry adrenaline for allergic reactions , hardly a large group

As of 2017 an estimated 2 million people are living with a diagnosed food allergy. Hardly a small group either. If you had a small child with an allergy, and the childs age had not been part of the initial trials, would you hand on heart feel 100% confident in that child having the jab tomorrow ?

https://www.food.gov.uk/sites/default/files/media/document/fsa170306.pdf

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 21:23 - Dec 9 with 903 views2Thomas2Bowles

just short of 100 years Penicillin has saved more lives than any other drug but still can also kill people, It is possible these drugs may kill some people too.

I've lost count of the times I've been asked if I was allergic., no one would know if they are without having it first.

We can be sure it also has its doubters, if these drugs are only half as effective, it will be a blessing.

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 14:25 - Dec 10 with 827 viewsAirtomoreira

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 18:46 - Dec 4 by CiderwithRsie

Worth noting that in this not-very-scientifc poll less than 9% of us are saying we won't have it and over 80% definitely will.

I'm kinda taken by the suggestion from my customer today - it should be a matter of choice, but if you choose not to be vaccinated when offered don't expect to be a priority for treatment if you get the virus.

Pity the NHS doesn't apply the same logic to treating smokers who contract a smoking related illness
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024