Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered 17:48 - Dec 3 with 15596 viewsloftboy

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 14:41 - Dec 10 with 1168 viewsPinnerPaul

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 20:17 - Dec 9 by Sharpy36

As of 2017 an estimated 2 million people are living with a diagnosed food allergy. Hardly a small group either. If you had a small child with an allergy, and the childs age had not been part of the initial trials, would you hand on heart feel 100% confident in that child having the jab tomorrow ?

https://www.food.gov.uk/sites/default/files/media/document/fsa170306.pdf

Not picking on you honest, but children are a long way down the list.

As I said above NHS workers and over 65s comes to about 9,000,000 - so that's 18,000,000 doses.

Then I think its the mild underlying health conditions, then I'm guessing Over 60s, then I suppose all other adults then children - that must take us to late spring/early summer - by then we should have more types of the vaccine and any immediate side effects will have come to light.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 15:17 - Dec 10 with 1131 viewsted_hendrix

The priority list for the first phase is as follows:

1 - Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
2 - All those aged 80 and over. Frontline health and social care workers
3 - All those aged 75 and over
4 - All those aged 70 and over. Clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
5 - All those aged 65 and over
6 - All individuals aged 16-64 with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
7 - All those aged 60 and over
8 - All those aged 55 and over
9 - All those aged 50 and over

Two groups will not receive the vaccine:

1 - Pregnant women
2 - Most children under 16

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 15:24 - Dec 10 with 1107 viewsMatch82

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:42 - Dec 9 by PinnerPaul

I think the point I'm making is that in this day and age this is seen as unusual.

Take the time to read ANY leaflet for ANY medicine you take - there are risks associated with all of them and always apply to certain groups of people or certain other groups of drugs.

Its also a standard question when you go into hospital 'Are you allergic to anything' - they ask that for a reason!

The best ones are the pharma adverts in the US. The list of possible side effects goes on longer than the rest of the advert!
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 15:38 - Dec 10 with 1083 viewsSharpy36

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 14:41 - Dec 10 by PinnerPaul

Not picking on you honest, but children are a long way down the list.

As I said above NHS workers and over 65s comes to about 9,000,000 - so that's 18,000,000 doses.

Then I think its the mild underlying health conditions, then I'm guessing Over 60s, then I suppose all other adults then children - that must take us to late spring/early summer - by then we should have more types of the vaccine and any immediate side effects will have come to light.

Paul it`s nice to talk to people who have a different opinion to my own, and i appreciate i`m in the minority here and in broader society.
My use of children in the analogy could have been replaced by any group and the question would have stayed relevent regardless. The link i posted with reference to food allergies states 2 million sufferers but doesn`t break down into which groups, neither does it include allergies such as hay fever, bee/wasp stings etc etc.
My point being when i posted the news link yesterday was that within 24hrs of its beggining a large(imo) section of society was asked to refrain from taking it.
For the record i voted in this poll to "wait and see" i have not to my knowledge mentioned i will refuse the vaccine at all cost, because i wont. Thanks to Ted for saving me the time to post the structure of the roll out, which at the time of this poll was not available, i come in at 8, and as you say will be some way away from where we sit today.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:13 - Dec 10 with 1049 viewsPinnerPaul

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 15:38 - Dec 10 by Sharpy36

Paul it`s nice to talk to people who have a different opinion to my own, and i appreciate i`m in the minority here and in broader society.
My use of children in the analogy could have been replaced by any group and the question would have stayed relevent regardless. The link i posted with reference to food allergies states 2 million sufferers but doesn`t break down into which groups, neither does it include allergies such as hay fever, bee/wasp stings etc etc.
My point being when i posted the news link yesterday was that within 24hrs of its beggining a large(imo) section of society was asked to refrain from taking it.
For the record i voted in this poll to "wait and see" i have not to my knowledge mentioned i will refuse the vaccine at all cost, because i wont. Thanks to Ted for saving me the time to post the structure of the roll out, which at the time of this poll was not available, i come in at 8, and as you say will be some way away from where we sit today.

Yes, I echo the sentiments about having a sensible discussion.

I'm just above you at 7 but, as I said above, if you go and look at the population stats, its surprising (or at least it was to me!) the high % of people like us there are over 50.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:42 - Dec 10 with 1014 viewsSharpy36

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:13 - Dec 10 by PinnerPaul

Yes, I echo the sentiments about having a sensible discussion.

I'm just above you at 7 but, as I said above, if you go and look at the population stats, its surprising (or at least it was to me!) the high % of people like us there are over 50.

It`s all those vaccines they pumped into us in the 60`s and 70`s

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:43 - Dec 10 with 1016 viewsPinnerPaul

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:42 - Dec 10 by Sharpy36

It`s all those vaccines they pumped into us in the 60`s and 70`s

Very good!
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:49 - Dec 10 with 1002 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I think everyone is being quite polite which is nice, but anti vaccination sentiment should not be considered sensible discussion. It’s a fcking dangerous idea that will most definitely cost lives.

May as well discuss the merits of not wearing seatbelts or letting Stevie Wonder do your vasectomy with a set of garden shears.

And yes, that is scorn.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 16:49]
Login to get fewer ads

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 17:42 - Dec 10 with 956 viewsSharpy36

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:49 - Dec 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think everyone is being quite polite which is nice, but anti vaccination sentiment should not be considered sensible discussion. It’s a fcking dangerous idea that will most definitely cost lives.

May as well discuss the merits of not wearing seatbelts or letting Stevie Wonder do your vasectomy with a set of garden shears.

And yes, that is scorn.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 16:49]

In my world free thinking and free speech is still allowed, and all the while this remains i will exercise that right. If you were to read my last couple of posts you would see i`m not anti vaccinations, but infact someone who would rather wait and see the outcome. Also you would see that i am far from the top of the roll out program anyway, and in the scale of time from now to then i imagine we will be sitting here with greater knowledge of any vaccines and the side effects.
People are not reading this thread thinking "He`s right/wrong you know, i`ve changed my mind" it`s a thread that will by its own nature divide due to the subject matter and each posters own personal priority, be that work, family or leisure pursuits.
If "It’s a fcking dangerous idea that will most definitely cost lives" is what you or others are getting from my posts then please feel free to put me on ignore. Or you could rally round and get Clive to ban me, happy either way.

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 17:59 - Dec 10 with 919 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 17:42 - Dec 10 by Sharpy36

In my world free thinking and free speech is still allowed, and all the while this remains i will exercise that right. If you were to read my last couple of posts you would see i`m not anti vaccinations, but infact someone who would rather wait and see the outcome. Also you would see that i am far from the top of the roll out program anyway, and in the scale of time from now to then i imagine we will be sitting here with greater knowledge of any vaccines and the side effects.
People are not reading this thread thinking "He`s right/wrong you know, i`ve changed my mind" it`s a thread that will by its own nature divide due to the subject matter and each posters own personal priority, be that work, family or leisure pursuits.
If "It’s a fcking dangerous idea that will most definitely cost lives" is what you or others are getting from my posts then please feel free to put me on ignore. Or you could rally round and get Clive to ban me, happy either way.

More victimhood is it?

And more strawman arguments about free speech on a website accessible to 90% of the world population it seems.

This is dangerous anti vac rhetoric however you spin it:

”For me there`s still plenty of questions that need answering and mine and others urge to not rush out and get vaccinated should not be meet by scorn”

Feels like you want your cake and eat it. You want to challenge others but not be challenged. Not how a public forum it works I’m afraid 🤷‍♂️
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 18:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024