Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered 17:48 - Dec 3 with 15585 viewsloftboy

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 22:50 - Dec 4 with 3034 viewsizlingtonhoop

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 22:24 - Dec 4 by essextaxiboy

I am suggesting that they should insist on evidence passengers jabs are up to date or include a voucher in the ticket price to pay for one prior to travel .

So pretty much what I said in my question
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 00:03 - Dec 5 with 2963 viewstoboboly

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 19:53 - Dec 4 by bakerloo8

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sorry, accidentally downvoted with fat fingers

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 00:16 - Dec 5 with 2964 viewsqprxtc

Damn f ucking right I’m having the fi king jab, and I’ll keep getting them till the day I die. Why should I give a f uck either way. If it’s a cure or a way to control my boldly existence. Do I have a fu cking choice.

I’ll do it just to get back in the blue and white bar with mr Paddox and Jerry. To talk serious cobblers.

F uck all everyone else’s views and opinions. I don’t care and why should I fu cking listen to you.

Good fu cking. Night.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 00:54 - Dec 5 with 2938 viewsgobbles

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 09:28 - Dec 4 by CorbyQPR

Put this on the wrong thread!

Still not sure personally.

What is the end game here? Is it total eradication of the virus? If so, I think that's unrealistic in todays globalised society.

Is it to stop the hospitals becoming overwhelmed & to save lives, which is a much more realistic aim, if that's it then I don't see the need to vaccinate more than the vulnerable population, like the flu.

I'm not sure anyone has actually explained the objective??

The plan is eradication, obviously.
The virus only exists as it is passed on to other people. If enough people get vaccinated, the virus cannot find find people to transmit to and eventually dies out. It is the same way they got rid of smallpox.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 01:34 - Dec 5 with 2910 viewsSharpy36

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 19:26 - Dec 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Tories/Brexit/Trump/Bolsanaro/Modi etc etc

All their victories are down to a mixture Social and Old Media manipulation by the Alt Right during a climate of Liberal insipidness and hand wringing over the decline of living standards post 2008 crash.

Pasokification is the result politically, but anti vaxxing, the fear of the other, and a propensity to use conspiracy theories as an emotional crutch are the social consequences.

People just don’t have access or don’t want to believe the truth any more because the truth is usually complicated and difficult to process. The only way to feel good and have a break from your worries when you have no money or access to social and welfare facilities is to comfort yourself with lies that the causes stems from manufactured but simple punchbags like Birthergate or EU regulation about Bananas and immigrants.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 19:27]

Did you use the full allotted time in your warm up, to stretch so far from those of us discussing the pros and cons of vaccinating to the banking crisis and the fall out from us simple minded Nazis and how we bestowed populism onto the masses.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 06:57 - Dec 5 with 2843 views2Thomas2Bowles

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 00:16 - Dec 5 by qprxtc

Damn f ucking right I’m having the fi king jab, and I’ll keep getting them till the day I die. Why should I give a f uck either way. If it’s a cure or a way to control my boldly existence. Do I have a fu cking choice.

I’ll do it just to get back in the blue and white bar with mr Paddox and Jerry. To talk serious cobblers.

F uck all everyone else’s views and opinions. I don’t care and why should I fu cking listen to you.

Good fu cking. Night.

Still undecided then.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 08:27 - Dec 5 with 2848 viewsdistortR

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 16:05 - Dec 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

This is a nice gesture, and I get the point, but don’t forgot Obama drunk a glass of Detroit water that later killed or poisoned hundreds of thousands of citizens!

No, it was worse then that.
He pretended to drink the water.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 09:06 - Dec 5 with 2828 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 01:34 - Dec 5 by Sharpy36

Did you use the full allotted time in your warm up, to stretch so far from those of us discussing the pros and cons of vaccinating to the banking crisis and the fall out from us simple minded Nazis and how we bestowed populism onto the masses.

‘People keep pouring scorn on one of my 250 anti Vax posts’

‘People keep calling me a simple minded Nazi’

Why always the victim? I thought people like me were supposed to be the snowflakes?
Login to get fewer ads

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 09:59 - Dec 5 with 2781 viewsted_hendrix

For those of you that need further info on the Pfizer/BioNTech covid-19 vaccine (I still can't do links) go on Google type in Gov.UK.
In the search bar Type in regulatory Approval---click on Regulatory approval of Pfizer / BioNTech vaccine for COVID-19.
This was updated on the 3rd December and gives a wealth of info.
Hopefully this info might give you a bit more peace of mind or ease any doubts.
Have a goodun.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 10:29 - Dec 5 with 2754 viewsBucksRanger

Here you go Ted.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-pfizer-biontec
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 10:30]
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 11:00 - Dec 5 with 2734 viewsted_hendrix

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 10:29 - Dec 5 by BucksRanger

Here you go Ted.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-pfizer-biontec
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 10:30]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 02:29 - Dec 6 with 2600 viewsSharpy36

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 09:06 - Dec 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

‘People keep pouring scorn on one of my 250 anti Vax posts’

‘People keep calling me a simple minded Nazi’

Why always the victim? I thought people like me were supposed to be the snowflakes?

As per usual, what the fcuk are you going on about ?. Twisting your posts, to put you in some favourable light and distract the readers to the fact you brought your own style of out dated politics to the fore.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 04:38 - Dec 6 with 2591 viewsDevon_4_England

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 14:45 - Dec 4 by Northernr

Yeh but @Brian06385148 on Twitter says he's heard it's well dodge, so there's that to consider.

Yeah but, no but, yeah but no but Brian is off his head & anyway he shagged Maureen from the Co-op behind Roy’s back.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 08:28 - Dec 6 with 2550 viewsstevec

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 15:48 - Dec 4 by Northernr

It's mad isn't it? See my cigarrettes post on the other thread. Something that's proven to kill you, shorten your life, ruin your health, rot your teeth, clog your arteries, wreck your lungs, age you, ruin your skin, make you stink, and cost you £10 a pack - fine. Something with only proven benefits, to protect you in a pandemic, tested and zero negative outcomes or side effects, that they're giving you for free - oooooh careful mate, don't know what's in it.

If you’d just walked out of that Huddersfield debacle and someone offered you a packet of fags or a life lengthening vaccine, which one would you take?
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 09:06 - Dec 6 with 2527 viewsWatford_Ranger

If Eamonn Holmes doesn’t convince you then all hope is lost I fear.

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 10:30 - Dec 6 with 2499 viewsR_from_afar

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 09:06 - Dec 6 by Watford_Ranger

If Eamonn Holmes doesn’t convince you then all hope is lost I fear.

Surely no virus would dare infect Anne Robinson?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 11:07 - Dec 6 with 2481 viewsizlingtonhoop

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 10:30 - Dec 6 by R_from_afar

Surely no virus would dare infect Anne Robinson?

And I never knew there was a comedian also called Paul O'Grady, looks just like the other one, too.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 13:23 - Dec 6 with 2431 viewsBostonR

Absolutely. The game changing vaccine is the one being developed by Johnson & Johnson - https://www.biopharma-reporter.com/Article/2020/12/01/Johnson-Johnson-start-roll

They are capable of producing billions of doses and it is a single dose solution. They have an incredible track-record on vaccine R&D. It will cost $5 a shot , does not require a high level of storage and the company is producing at cost only.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 01:40 - Dec 7 with 2338 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Having worked in pharma for some years, I'm slightly concerned (if not altogether surprised) at the lack of clarity on display. Consequently I'd like to offer some insight that hopefully will be of use to some who are struggling with this decision.

First off let me begin by saying that I am not attempting to sway opinion one way or the other. Taking any vaccine is a very personal decision, so much so that the government has decided not to make it compulsory. What I would advise is making an informed decision based on facts and your unique set of circumstances rather than conjecture and conspiracy.

Which leads me nicely to the first common misconception - that all pharmaceutical companies simply chase profits with no regard for patients. Whilst it is true that they operate for profit, the vast majority of folk I have worked with are good people who genuinely care about the welfare of patients and are in the industry for the right reasons.

With respect to the Pfizer vaccine, it is true that it has been developed quickly. Under normal circumstances, it typically takes about 2 years for a vaccine to get from discovery to market. However there are mitigating factors. Firstly, these are not normal circumstances we find ourselves in. The nature of this pandemic has shifted all focus towards developing a treatment for Covid-19. Next, the Pfizer vaccine is not altogether new, it has been reengineered from existing drugs. This not only accelerates development but allows companies to leverage existing supply chains.

As for its efficacy it's important to note that at this stage it is unclear whether this vaccine prevents one from catching Covid-19 or indeed passing it on. What the tests have shown is that for the vast majority of recipients the vaccine prevents those who do go on to catch Covid-19 from becoming seriously ill. In other words, the short term objective is to remove the spectre of death from the equation. This will enable the public to return to normal life and buy scientists more time to (hopefully) develop a cure.

From a personal perspective I will not be taking it immediately but this should not discourage others from doing so. During the pandemic I have provided care for 2 elderly folk with underlying health conditions. Given the above my concern is not whether I will endanger my own health by taking the vaccine but put those I care for at risk. Consequently I will wait until they have been treated and/or we have confirmation that the vaccine fully protects against Covid-19 before seeing to my own needs.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 20:50 - Dec 7 with 2238 viewsloftboy

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 19:27 - Dec 3 by lightwaterhoop

If your in a high risk group ie age,medical condition etc it might be worth a chance but for anyone else to take an untested vaccine is not very wise.For most people there is no need for a vaccine as they have an immune system which is more than capable of fighting off this virus.At the very least wait for a couple of years to see how this vaccine works.

Trouble is you could still pass it on to someone more vulnerable than yourself and not even know it, the point of getting vaccinated is to protect as many people as possible and not just yourself.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 23:05 - Dec 7 with 2169 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 20:50 - Dec 7 by loftboy

Trouble is you could still pass it on to someone more vulnerable than yourself and not even know it, the point of getting vaccinated is to protect as many people as possible and not just yourself.

The Pfizer vaccine only addresses the symptoms, it's not proven to prevent either catching Covid-19 or passing it on. Consequently, you could take the vaccine and still pass Covid-19 on to someone more vulnerable than yourself. In many ways, I find this more dangerous as the lack of symptoms may give me false confidence around vulnerable folk.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2020 23:06]
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 05:02 - Dec 8 with 2120 viewsNed_Kennedys

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 19:26 - Dec 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Tories/Brexit/Trump/Bolsanaro/Modi etc etc

All their victories are down to a mixture Social and Old Media manipulation by the Alt Right during a climate of Liberal insipidness and hand wringing over the decline of living standards post 2008 crash.

Pasokification is the result politically, but anti vaxxing, the fear of the other, and a propensity to use conspiracy theories as an emotional crutch are the social consequences.

People just don’t have access or don’t want to believe the truth any more because the truth is usually complicated and difficult to process. The only way to feel good and have a break from your worries when you have no money or access to social and welfare facilities is to comfort yourself with lies that the causes stems from manufactured but simple punchbags like Birthergate or EU regulation about Bananas and immigrants.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 19:27]

Thanks for posting another chunk of your 6th form political bollox on an interesting thread about a serious subject: just can’t help yourself can you?
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 09:40 - Dec 8 with 2038 viewsPhildo

Just to say on the poll at the moment 82% saying yes is very good news.

I heard a snippet yesterday that once the care homes and over 80s (waves 1 and 2) are vaccinated that will stop 2/3rds of the deaths.

Better times ahead
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 09:44 - Dec 8 with 2024 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 09:40 - Dec 8 by Phildo

Just to say on the poll at the moment 82% saying yes is very good news.

I heard a snippet yesterday that once the care homes and over 80s (waves 1 and 2) are vaccinated that will stop 2/3rds of the deaths.

Better times ahead

Ya, a very encouraging poll Phildo.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 15:15 - Dec 9 with 1915 viewsSharpy36

24h later, going well i see.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55244122

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024