Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered 17:48 - Dec 3 with 15223 viewsloftboy

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 21:03 - Dec 3 with 1967 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 21:00 - Dec 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

Why would people lie in an anonymous poll?

Maybe they just won't take part in the poll

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 21:05 - Dec 3 with 1932 views2Thomas2Bowles

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 21:01 - Dec 3 by GloryHunter

Funnily enough, the anti-vaxxer movement seems to be strongest in France - the nation that gave the world Louis Pasteur. You reach a stage where you think the world is becoming more educated and scientific, and things can only ever get better, but the slide back down the snake to the Dark Ages is only ever a couple of mouse clicks away.

Leeches suck that fecker out

Innit

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 21:07 - Dec 3 with 1948 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 21:03 - Dec 3 by CliveWilsonSaid

Maybe they just won't take part in the poll

Maybe.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 21:11 - Dec 3 with 1925 viewsted_hendrix

Three vaccines Pfizer/BioNTech---Moderna and Oxford-AstraZeneca

The Pfizer/BioNTech as everybody knows is the vaccine that we'll be getting first as to date it is the only one so far that has achieved *Peer Approval* the other two are still going through the Peer Approval process.
I've read the Emergency authorisation process on the Pfizer/BioNTech and as far as I'm concerned the sooner that is injected into the upper muscle of my left or right arm the better, they are saying there is 21 days before you get the second jab.

I'm bloody useless at doing links but there is a wealth of info out there that give out a wealth of information about the three vaccines mentioned above.

To the best of my knowledge both Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna are profit making Companies who have been quite open about that whereas Oxford-AstraZeneca are I believe producing the vaccine 'at cost' I stand to be corrected.

Human beings are naturally cautious about change or 'things' we aint used too but for me these vaccines are the only way we'll get out of this mess.

This vaccine gives me a chance that I didn't have a week ago, I'm thankful that I've got that chance.

You make your own mind up.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 21:19 - Dec 3 with 1888 viewsSharpy36

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 21:11 - Dec 3 by ted_hendrix

The Pfizer/BioNTech as everybody knows is the vaccine that we'll be getting first as to date it is the only one so far that has achieved *Peer Approval* the other two are still going through the Peer Approval process.
I've read the Emergency authorisation process on the Pfizer/BioNTech and as far as I'm concerned the sooner that is injected into the upper muscle of my left or right arm the better, they are saying there is 21 days before you get the second jab.

I'm bloody useless at doing links but there is a wealth of info out there that give out a wealth of information about the three vaccines mentioned above.

To the best of my knowledge both Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna are profit making Companies who have been quite open about that whereas Oxford-AstraZeneca are I believe producing the vaccine 'at cost' I stand to be corrected.

Human beings are naturally cautious about change or 'things' we aint used too but for me these vaccines are the only way we'll get out of this mess.

This vaccine gives me a chance that I didn't have a week ago, I'm thankful that I've got that chance.

I`ve read the Pfizer and Moderna ones come in around the £30 mark, not sure if that`s for both shots, where as the Oxford one is £3, again both hits or each.
If true, as well as its lower temperature requirments that would go along way in helping those countries around the globe that need a cheap alternative.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 21:24 - Dec 3 with 1877 viewsMaggsinho

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 20:36 - Dec 3 by Sharpy36

I choose fertility on the basis that in the document released today that the vaccine shouldn`t be given to pregnant woman, or if women are going to get vaccinated should wait for at least 2 months until trying. This to me implies a lot of further testing needs to be carried out, and in the meantime where does that leave pregnant woman for upto the next 9 months.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 20:38]

JVT was talking about this on the radio today, it’s not that the vaccine has been identified as dangerous to pregnant women or to have an impact on fertility, it’s because the vaccine has never been tested in pregnant women - they were deliberately excluded from the trials.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 21:32 - Dec 3 with 1851 viewsloftboy

At 53 with no underlying health conditions I’m probably a little bit down the list, but as Ted says, if this means we can get back to some kind of normality then jab away.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 21:38 - Dec 3 with 1843 viewsPhildo

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 21:32 - Dec 3 by loftboy

At 53 with no underlying health conditions I’m probably a little bit down the list, but as Ted says, if this means we can get back to some kind of normality then jab away.

In there like fkn roadrunner when it is offered to me
Login to get fewer ads

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 21:43 - Dec 3 with 1815 viewsGloryHunter

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 21:11 - Dec 3 by ted_hendrix

I'd be happy to have all three of them at once. Here's my arm.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 22:02 - Dec 3 with 1783 viewsMyke

So I would be firmly in the 'yellow segment' cohort. Most vaccines take years to be developed safely, so there is no doubt this is being rushed through. Let nobody be fooled that it is for the greater good of the word's health either, although of course that is the drum the multinational drug companies will be banging. If there wasn't billions of dollars of profits to be made, none of them would be busting a gut to get this out there .
As for the assertion that it should be 'compulsory' for health care workers and the like, that is a ludicrous suggestion, considering the unknown quantity we are dealing with. Nobody should be placed in such an insidious position. We are all sick and tired of the virus and can't wait to get back to normal, but after 10 months of living with it, now is not the time for reckless decision -making. Patience - just like following our beloved Rangers - is required more than ever.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 22:14 - Dec 3 with 1769 viewskensalriser

I'd say fast tracked rather than rushed. This is the first time humans have faced a novel pandemic this serious and at the same time have had the capability to produce a vaccine for it. As in times of war, research and development is turbocharged.

It feels like nearly all the opposition to the vaccine is from people looking for reasons to oppose it because they are already hesitant about or opposed to vaccines rather than use their critical reasoning to form a rational, evidence-based opinion.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 22:46 - Dec 3 with 1711 viewsGloryHunter

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 22:47 - Dec 3 with 1713 viewsCiderwithRsie

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 21:01 - Dec 3 by GloryHunter

Funnily enough, the anti-vaxxer movement seems to be strongest in France - the nation that gave the world Louis Pasteur. You reach a stage where you think the world is becoming more educated and scientific, and things can only ever get better, but the slide back down the snake to the Dark Ages is only ever a couple of mouse clicks away.

Then again, Britain is the country that gave the world Edward Jenner. When a statue was put up to him in Trafalgar Square in 1858 the protests from anti-vaxxers got it moved within 4 years. (it's now in Kensington Gardens)

A lot of the complaints were actually from the military, since all the other Traf Sq statues are of generals (none of 'em anyone you've heard of) - as someone said at the time, you had to keep the generals there because they killed people, you couldn't have someone in there who'd saved lives.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 23:44 - Dec 3 with 1663 viewsDavieQPR

I'm over 70 and had two heart attacks that left a few residual problems. If I catch the lurgy then I would struggle so the vaccine would be the lesser of two evils whatever the outcome. Although I do have reservations on it affecting my fertility.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 01:23 - Dec 4 with 1608 viewsNewBee

Obviously I've no idea whether this thread is representative of all members of this forum, but I'm heartened by the fact that the great majority are open to the vaccine.

Just as soon as I'm eligible, I'll be off down to the clinic first thing.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 01:31 - Dec 4 with 1614 viewsBoston

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 01:23 - Dec 4 by NewBee

Obviously I've no idea whether this thread is representative of all members of this forum, but I'm heartened by the fact that the great majority are open to the vaccine.

Just as soon as I'm eligible, I'll be off down to the clinic first thing.

That'll teach you to wear a condom.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 01:55 - Dec 4 with 1599 viewsBoston

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 21:43 - Dec 3 by GloryHunter

I'd be happy to have all three of them at once. Here's my arm.

Take it or leave it, does not matter to me, but I never dismiss qualms about 'wonder drugs', some would like arms to have the choice.

[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 1:58]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 02:40 - Dec 4 with 1583 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 19:27 - Dec 3 by lightwaterhoop

If your in a high risk group ie age,medical condition etc it might be worth a chance but for anyone else to take an untested vaccine is not very wise.For most people there is no need for a vaccine as they have an immune system which is more than capable of fighting off this virus.At the very least wait for a couple of years to see how this vaccine works.

"For most people there is no need for a vaccine as they have an immune system which is more than capable of fighting off this virus"

But you get that you could still carry and transmit the virus to everyone you meet.
And kill them.
Don't you?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 03:49 - Dec 4 with 1555 viewsozexile

I haven't read anywhere if this vaccine is required yearly?
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 07:22 - Dec 4 with 1491 viewsessextaxiboy

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 22:02 - Dec 3 by Myke

So I would be firmly in the 'yellow segment' cohort. Most vaccines take years to be developed safely, so there is no doubt this is being rushed through. Let nobody be fooled that it is for the greater good of the word's health either, although of course that is the drum the multinational drug companies will be banging. If there wasn't billions of dollars of profits to be made, none of them would be busting a gut to get this out there .
As for the assertion that it should be 'compulsory' for health care workers and the like, that is a ludicrous suggestion, considering the unknown quantity we are dealing with. Nobody should be placed in such an insidious position. We are all sick and tired of the virus and can't wait to get back to normal, but after 10 months of living with it, now is not the time for reckless decision -making. Patience - just like following our beloved Rangers - is required more than ever.

The whole of the world science has been thrown at this to the exclusion of much else . How do you think China build an airport in a month, because they have thousands of tradesmen on site . That is how it has come through so quickly .

I hope the airlines make it a condition of travel that passengers are vaccinated , I hope that hospitals make vaccinations a condition of entry . We shouldnt make it compulsory , that is not a road to follow but making it anti social and selfish I have no problem with .

The anti MMR doc has been struck off . I have heard no health proffessional saying this one may be unsafe

Astra have said they will make no profit from it.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 08:26 - Dec 4 with 1435 views2Thomas2Bowles

I don't know what the worry is really, only the most at risk will get it ATM the rest will have to wait 4/6+ months maybe longer

So by then, we will know a lot more with only the old and vulnerable taking any risk from the vac.

You brave souls.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 8:27]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 08:58 - Dec 4 with 1413 viewsizlingtonhoop

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 20:00 - Dec 3 by Sharpy36

You asked what was ment by "Untested".

The basis of my question asks you, what is the long term test results on fertility. I think that may be quite an important question should you be wanting to start a family.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 20:02]

Where is Jessica Hyde...?

I see what's going on now.

There are a fair few people on here have gone on about reducing over-population. Here it comes, maybe.

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 09:03 - Dec 4 with 1403 viewsWatford_Ranger

I’m as near to the back of the queue as anyone but it’s not about me. Sign me up if it’s up for grabs though I doubt I’ll have that choice for months if not a year.
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 09:03 - Dec 4 with 1402 viewsrrrspricey

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 18:58 - Dec 3 by LythamR

I would have hoped it would be compulsory for people working in care homes if they want to continue working there

I will take it like a shot as soon as i am offered it, I see it as a civic duty as well as personal protection

Well my daughter works in a care home but is pregnant so would you have her fired or suspended?
Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 09:10 - Dec 4 with 1392 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Will you have the COVID vaccine if offered on 03:49 - Dec 4 by ozexile

I haven't read anywhere if this vaccine is required yearly?

They don't know yet how long immunity will last after the vaccine is injected and also don't know whether the vaccine will stop the spread of the virus.

There was an interesting section in the BBC news last night where someone was saying that even after the vaccine is injected into our arms it may still be able to exist in our noses. So can still be spread.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024