Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Womans Boxing tonight 18:05 - Oct 15 with 5160 viewsshingle

Two great World title fights fights at a sold out O2 arena, the best fighting the best which is as it should be and puts the men to shame, and i cannot confidently pick a winner it is just a shame they have not yet introduced three minute rounds.
Womans Boxing tonight on 00:03 - Oct 16 with 905 viewsKilkennyjack

Womans Boxing tonight on 23:20 - Oct 15 by union_jack

That’s how I see it. Boil it down and it’s brutal, almost feral but others will call it an art.

Anyway, whatever you think, that fight was better than any men’s fight I’ve seen possibly ever. Really good.

It was a great boxing fight.

Thats the story.

Beware of the Risen People

Womans Boxing tonight on 00:03 - Oct 16 with 904 viewsLohengrin

Womans Boxing tonight on 23:42 - Oct 15 by Sirjohnalot

Fair enough. I’m off to bed, hope you great rest of the weekend

I appreciate its late and you’re probably tired but I’d like to argue this one out.

Where are you going with this? I think it’s probably going to end up with your evincing a commitment to ‘equality’ than your gut instinct and upbringing rail against.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Womans Boxing tonight on 00:06 - Oct 16 with 886 viewsmax936

Womans Boxing tonight on 23:40 - Oct 15 by lifelong

I find it a difficult watch, women punching each other to the head and body.. not good.

This 100%

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Womans Boxing tonight on 00:06 - Oct 16 with 885 viewsKilkennyjack

Womans Boxing tonight on 22:17 - Oct 15 by union_jack

You were trying to take the thread on a tangent by getting others to have a go at OHL which sums you up. The snivelling kid in the schoolyard. Grow up.

OHL can look after himself.

I will check with you first next time, so you can be sure that what i post is ok ….

Womans Boxing tonight on 00:11 - Oct 16 with 875 viewsLohengrin

Womans Boxing tonight on 00:06 - Oct 16 by max936

This 100%

The world’s gone mad, mate. We’re constantly being asked to nod along to all sorts of nonsense that we bloody well know is wrong.

Womans Boxing tonight on 00:14 - Oct 16 with 870 viewsKilkennyjack

Womans Boxing tonight on 23:19 - Oct 15 by Lohengrin

I’m on the train on the way back from Paddington as I type this, John. I’ve taken a quick vox pop of the half a dozen or so in the carriage and the consensus is nobody wants to see women involved in violence, certainly not as a spectator event.

Trouble is though apart from one chap’s wife (sleeping by the way) we’re all pretty much of a white, middle aged muchness.

Is that an opinion that still counts?

And yet the O2 is sold out.
And sky broadcasted live on all platforms, generaring advertisement revenues no doubt.

You dont have the right to tell others what they can or cannot do.
You do have the right to tell yourself what you can do.

Your sample of like minded friends on a train appears to represent a minority view.

Womans Boxing tonight on 00:29 - Oct 16 with 860 viewsLohengrin

Womans Boxing tonight on 00:14 - Oct 16 by Kilkennyjack

And yet the O2 is sold out.
And sky broadcasted live on all platforms, generaring advertisement revenues no doubt.

You dont have the right to tell others what they can or cannot do.
You do have the right to tell yourself what you can do.

Your sample of like minded friends on a train appears to represent a minority view.

When you see a woman bleeding after being punched, you feel what? Excited?

I don’t think from what I know of you on here that’s who you are?

Do you know the difference between somebody like me and a nonce? When I look at a child my instinct is to be protective, the last thing I want is for any harm to happen to them. I take that to be natural, healthy. I think, I know, I’m right. That’s not learnt behaviour, nobody had to teach me that, it’s innate.

I feel exactly that way about women and girls. I’m completely incapable of looking the other way.

Womans Boxing tonight on 01:08 - Oct 16 with 845 viewsRobbie

Have not seen this bout and no interest in finding out who these two women are .

It sounds an awful spectacle for womens sport , surely there are better ways to promote involvment in sport for some youngsters , rather than women who hit each other .

In the words of Dragons Den , I"m Out .
Login to get fewer ads

Womans Boxing tonight on 07:48 - Oct 16 with 809 viewsSirjohnalot

It’s depends on how women are viewed. If someone sees boxing as a sport as repugnant, fair enough, if someone doesn’t want to see women hit each other fair enough but if a woman wants to do it, makes a career out of it, earn a she’d load loaf of money, main event a Saturday night sky sports show and sell out the O2 then again, fair enough.

The fight was one of the best I’ve seen in years, two brilliant women at the top of their sport. What have we got as men to say ‘you shouldn’t do this ?’

It wasn’t that long ago that the organiser , a man, tried to drag Kathryn Switzer off the course of the Boston marathon, for being a woman or they weren’t allowed to run more than (I think) 800m in case their wombs fell out ! Women were banned from playing football, at a lot of banks when women got married they were compelled to resign.

All dreadful and ridiculous now, this, I’d say with respect, is another example.

Of course I wouldn’t want my wife to do it, but if I was gay I wouldn’t want my husband to do it either, or any family member but if my wife was a boxer when I met her, then that would be her choice and I’d support her completely.
Womans Boxing tonight on 08:49 - Oct 16 with 788 viewsLohengrin

Womans Boxing tonight on 07:48 - Oct 16 by Sirjohnalot

It’s depends on how women are viewed. If someone sees boxing as a sport as repugnant, fair enough, if someone doesn’t want to see women hit each other fair enough but if a woman wants to do it, makes a career out of it, earn a she’d load loaf of money, main event a Saturday night sky sports show and sell out the O2 then again, fair enough.

The fight was one of the best I’ve seen in years, two brilliant women at the top of their sport. What have we got as men to say ‘you shouldn’t do this ?’

It wasn’t that long ago that the organiser , a man, tried to drag Kathryn Switzer off the course of the Boston marathon, for being a woman or they weren’t allowed to run more than (I think) 800m in case their wombs fell out ! Women were banned from playing football, at a lot of banks when women got married they were compelled to resign.

All dreadful and ridiculous now, this, I’d say with respect, is another example.

Of course I wouldn’t want my wife to do it, but if I was gay I wouldn’t want my husband to do it either, or any family member but if my wife was a boxer when I met her, then that would be her choice and I’d support her completely.

How are women viewed? Well, as the fairer sex by myself certainly, I doubt I’m alone in that on here even in this day and age, John.

I logged on this morning with that ‘oh! God what did I say on here last night’ sinking feeling. I’m happy now with my anadin and sugary tea, it wasn’t that bad considering I was very, very drunk after a west London all-dayer… you probably noticed! 🥳

Womans Boxing tonight on 08:58 - Oct 16 with 770 viewsSirjohnalot

Womans Boxing tonight on 08:49 - Oct 16 by Lohengrin

How are women viewed? Well, as the fairer sex by myself certainly, I doubt I’m alone in that on here even in this day and age, John.

I logged on this morning with that ‘oh! God what did I say on here last night’ sinking feeling. I’m happy now with my anadin and sugary tea, it wasn’t that bad considering I was very, very drunk after a west London all-dayer… you probably noticed! 🥳

Always happy to have a chat, be good to meet properly when watching the Swans sometime.
Womans Boxing tonight on 09:04 - Oct 16 with 766 viewsLohengrin

Womans Boxing tonight on 08:58 - Oct 16 by Sirjohnalot

Always happy to have a chat, be good to meet properly when watching the Swans sometime.

It would, mate. I wouldn’t be too surprised if we’d already bumped into one another somewhere over the years?

Womans Boxing tonight on 10:04 - Oct 16 with 746 viewsunion_jack

Womans Boxing tonight on 08:49 - Oct 16 by Lohengrin

I think both you and Jon made good points to support your views.

I can see both sides. But as I said last night, whether you support it or not, it was one hell of a fight. I wish men’s fights were as exciting, I’d probably take more interest. However, I’d still keep asking myself whether leathering 7 shades of it out of eachother is actually sport or gratuitous violence on the same scale as the Roman games.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Womans Boxing tonight on 10:05 - Oct 16 with 741 viewsunion_jack

Womans Boxing tonight on 00:06 - Oct 16 by Kilkennyjack

OHL can look after himself.

I will check with you first next time, so you can be sure that what i post is ok ….

No need for that, just take a few moments to think before you press the Add Reply button.

Womans Boxing tonight on 10:16 - Oct 16 with 736 viewsTreforys_Jack

Think it's very much a generational thing tbh. How many would hold a door open or give up their seat for a lady. How many many younger women would want that anyway? I truly struggle to keep up these days.
Womans Boxing tonight on 10:27 - Oct 16 with 715 viewsLohengrin

Womans Boxing tonight on 10:16 - Oct 16 by Treforys_Jack

Think it's very much a generational thing tbh. How many would hold a door open or give up their seat for a lady. How many many younger women would want that anyway? I truly struggle to keep up these days.

I gave my seat up several times on the underground yesterday. It wasn’t even a conscious gesture it’s just something I do automatically rather than leave a lady stand. I’d imagine lots on here do the same thing.

I don’t think it’s really a generational thing either. Women and girls of all ages recognise and appreciate good manners. Courtesy never goes amiss.

Womans Boxing tonight on 10:39 - Oct 16 with 693 viewsonehunglow

Womans Boxing tonight on 19:02 - Oct 15 by Kilkennyjack

OHL hates women boxing.

Its all very strange.

That s true enough and it’s not at all. Stranger to see men enjoying women seeking to injure each other. That is what boxing is about. I’ve done it enough myself. Yiu seek to win,you win by hurting the opponent ideally by knocking out.

Women boxing ,to me,is grotesque

I’m hoping this time the Mods allow my comments on this subject

Men enjoying watching females knock the shyte outvif each other?
What has gone wrong with us

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Womans Boxing tonight on 10:40 - Oct 16 with 693 viewsonehunglow

Womans Boxing tonight on 21:38 - Oct 15 by Sirjohnalot

Yes I agree, OHL hasn’t said anything at all on this thread.

It doesn’t matter .
I’m in the heads of many on here. Hence the hate posts .

Womans Boxing tonight on 10:43 - Oct 16 with 686 viewsonehunglow

Womans Boxing tonight on 07:48 - Oct 16 by Sirjohnalot

How is it viewed?
With repulsion by many

We are not talking about womenswear rights here,simply that which some find repulsive .

I hold the view men seeing females bleeding in a ring are beneath contempt . That simple

Womans Boxing tonight on 10:49 - Oct 16 with 667 viewscontroversial_jack

Womans Boxing tonight on 10:43 - Oct 16 by onehunglow

How is it viewed?
With repulsion by many

We are not talking about womenswear rights here,simply that which some find repulsive .

I hold the view men seeing females bleeding in a ring are beneath contempt . That simple

It's not your decision to make is it? Don't watch it by all means, but don't try to control women by denying them that choice. This is 2022!
Womans Boxing tonight on 11:17 - Oct 16 with 636 viewsKilkennyjack

Womans Boxing tonight on 00:29 - Oct 16 by Lohengrin

When you see a woman bleeding after being punched, you feel what? Excited?

I don’t think from what I know of you on here that’s who you are?

Do you know the difference between somebody like me and a nonce? When I look at a child my instinct is to be protective, the last thing I want is for any harm to happen to them. I take that to be natural, healthy. I think, I know, I’m right. That’s not learnt behaviour, nobody had to teach me that, it’s innate.

I feel exactly that way about women and girls. I’m completely incapable of looking the other way.

I absolutely know you are being well meaning and protective.
You are a good man, with all that comes with that.

To me its a sport, and just like the men, its a tough sport.

I cant tell them what to do though.

Womans Boxing tonight on 11:21 - Oct 16 with 631 viewsKilkennyjack

Womans Boxing tonight on 10:40 - Oct 16 by onehunglow

It doesn’t matter .
I’m in the heads of many on here. Hence the hate posts .

I dont hate you OHL. ❤️

Womans Boxing tonight on 14:45 - Oct 16 with 563 viewsunion_jack

Womans Boxing tonight on 11:21 - Oct 16 by Kilkennyjack

I dont hate you OHL. ❤️

That’s better

Womans Boxing tonight on 15:21 - Oct 16 with 521 viewscontroversial_jack

Womans Boxing tonight on 11:17 - Oct 16 by Kilkennyjack

I absolutely know you are being well meaning and protective.
You are a good man, with all that comes with that.

To me its a sport, and just like the men, its a tough sport.

I cant tell them what to do though.

If you think that's tough, watch the one championship kick boxing. Fists, kicks, elbows and knees. The women batter each other with no holds barred
Womans Boxing tonight on 16:09 - Oct 16 with 493 viewsReslovenSwan1

female boxing is effectively men watch female boxing. The football is women fully engaged as supporters an fans. Men watching women beat each other up is not for me.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024