Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Preston Match Thread 12:42 - Dec 17 with 29458 viewsSuperhoops2808

Afternoon

Cant see one started so here goes:

Dependant on who is available, I am going for a safe 1-1 as I dont think Critchley will want to lose, so we may utilise some s**t housery of ourselves at the home of S**T housery!!
Preston Match Thread on 17:45 - Dec 17 with 3094 viewsAntti_Heinola

Preston Match Thread on 17:36 - Dec 17 by Greenbay

MATCH ANALYSIS
Preston 0, QPR 1
Whatever Neil Critchley fed the players this week - well we want some of that!
Now that's what I call a real new manager bounce.
Up three places from last weekend to sixth.
Who says we can't be there or thereabouts at the end of the season?
And on this performance - no reason why not.
It is quite incredible that we can play absolute rubbish for six matches and then put on a display like this. Same squad - same players.
As they say it's all to do with confidence and belief - and somehow it must have to do with NC and his coaching staff.
What else can it be?
You could tell the way we started.
There was certainly a hunger for the ball.
Solid marking, closing down the opposition - against an in-form side that was 6th!
Then add in a sprinkling of genius from our loan players Laird and Tim.
They were both outstanding and let's hope - in this form - they will continue at our club until the end of the season.
Laird - strong and powerful - certainly while inside the opposition's half and Tim - yes still very raw - but his blinding speed surging forward was impressive.
Add the rest of the team too - solid defence with Dunne outstanding along with JCS and Paal, and Field in defensive midfield.
Yes we are still a work in progress - certainly with such a small squad and yes still lacking the final touch to our forward raids.
And we rode our luck in the closing stages when Preston missed some solid chances.
But we deserved this - after all we've been through the last few weeks - players, management and us fans.
So well done to all - and that includes Willock who looks nowhere near healthy and was subbed towards the finish by Shodipo.
When Illy returns - hopefully that will boost Willock to what he is capable of doing.
As for Shodipo - well for the second successive match he proved to be a very good sub.
And Albert? He had a full 90 minutes. He was in and out of the game. But his experience proved useful certainly in the second half.
The goal - just before the hour - a Paal corner into the 6 yard box - and it bounced off Dunne's knee it seemed for that winner. Who cares. We won.
So a great weekend - especially as it's been nearly two months since we last achieved a Championship victory.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2022 18:10]

I know it's all been doom and gloom, but we weren't rubbish for 6 games. This performance was v similar to the Norwich one and, like the Norwich one, could've gone either way. For all the fury v Huddersfield, we absolutely smashed them, even accounting for our poor play at times, if you dominate a game like that you'll win 95 times out of 100.
We were rubbish in the others though ;)
Hopefully a bit of stability will help the lads now.

Bare bones.

Preston Match Thread on 17:52 - Dec 17 with 2996 viewsManinBlack

Preston Match Thread on 17:36 - Dec 17 by Greenbay

MATCH ANALYSIS
Preston 0, QPR 1
Whatever Neil Critchley fed the players this week - well we want some of that!
Now that's what I call a real new manager bounce.
Up three places from last weekend to sixth.
Who says we can't be there or thereabouts at the end of the season?
And on this performance - no reason why not.
It is quite incredible that we can play absolute rubbish for six matches and then put on a display like this. Same squad - same players.
As they say it's all to do with confidence and belief - and somehow it must have to do with NC and his coaching staff.
What else can it be?
You could tell the way we started.
There was certainly a hunger for the ball.
Solid marking, closing down the opposition - against an in-form side that was 6th!
Then add in a sprinkling of genius from our loan players Laird and Tim.
They were both outstanding and let's hope - in this form - they will continue at our club until the end of the season.
Laird - strong and powerful - certainly while inside the opposition's half and Tim - yes still very raw - but his blinding speed surging forward was impressive.
Add the rest of the team too - solid defence with Dunne outstanding along with JCS and Paal, and Field in defensive midfield.
Yes we are still a work in progress - certainly with such a small squad and yes still lacking the final touch to our forward raids.
And we rode our luck in the closing stages when Preston missed some solid chances.
But we deserved this - after all we've been through the last few weeks - players, management and us fans.
So well done to all - and that includes Willock who looks nowhere near healthy and was subbed towards the finish by Shodipo.
When Illy returns - hopefully that will boost Willock to what he is capable of doing.
As for Shodipo - well for the second successive match he proved to be a very good sub.
And Albert? He had a full 90 minutes. He was in and out of the game. But his experience proved useful certainly in the second half.
The goal - just before the hour - a Paal corner into the 6 yard box - and it bounced off Dunne's knee it seemed for that winner. Who cares. We won.
So a great weekend - especially as it's been nearly two months since we last achieved a Championship victory.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2022 18:10]

We went up four places as we had dropped to tenth last night after Brum beat Reading. A minor point I know.

Great win as I had expected a 3-0 home win. Didn't see the game as hadn't the courage to see another horror show as Burnley traumatised me. Timmy in the Sky studio called Preston out as poor. True?
Preston Match Thread on 17:57 - Dec 17 with 2898 viewsManinBlack

Preston Match Thread on 17:45 - Dec 17 by Antti_Heinola

I know it's all been doom and gloom, but we weren't rubbish for 6 games. This performance was v similar to the Norwich one and, like the Norwich one, could've gone either way. For all the fury v Huddersfield, we absolutely smashed them, even accounting for our poor play at times, if you dominate a game like that you'll win 95 times out of 100.

What you say is true but if Norwich scored with the last kick of the game instead of hitting the post we would have achieved another remarkable 6 defeats in a row. It was that close!

The Canaries currently losing at home to Blackburn. With a bit of luck this game will make it only one win from their last seven at home.
Preston Match Thread on 17:59 - Dec 17 with 2862 viewsdmm

Preston Match Thread on 17:52 - Dec 17 by ManinBlack

We went up four places as we had dropped to tenth last night after Brum beat Reading. A minor point I know.

Great win as I had expected a 3-0 home win. Didn't see the game as hadn't the courage to see another horror show as Burnley traumatised me. Timmy in the Sky studio called Preston out as poor. True?

PNE were surprisingly poor and never really got going until we dropped deep for the last 20 mins or so. Even then, they only fashioned one really clear chance.

I'd like to say it was because of the way we played but I'm not sure that would be fair. Nonetheless, we certainly deserved the win.
Preston Match Thread on 18:06 - Dec 17 with 2798 viewsManinBlack

Preston Match Thread on 17:59 - Dec 17 by dmm

PNE were surprisingly poor and never really got going until we dropped deep for the last 20 mins or so. Even then, they only fashioned one really clear chance.

I'd like to say it was because of the way we played but I'm not sure that would be fair. Nonetheless, we certainly deserved the win.

Yes Timmy said we deserved the win. It seems with this league every game is like starting again for most teams. Preston were awesome at Blackburn last week and now Blackburn looking good at Norwich so far.
Preston Match Thread on 18:11 - Dec 17 with 2740 viewsManinBlack

Preston Match Thread on 17:25 - Dec 17 by PinnerPaul

and we don't have to worry about WBA anymore!

Not sure about that. Albion won five on the bounce so appear to be making a charge for the play offs like Forest and Sheffield Utd did last season after bad starts.
Preston Match Thread on 18:13 - Dec 17 with 2698 viewstkqpr

Could this be the new manager bounce that others have experienced?

Thought Dykes put himself about for the second game running and its so noticeable when he does.
Preston Match Thread on 18:17 - Dec 17 with 2672 viewsGreenbay

Preston Match Thread on 17:52 - Dec 17 by ManinBlack

Thanks ManinBlack.
A minor point as you say but a minor correction has been done.
Hope you have the courage to watch the next match.
Preston were only as good as we allowed them to be.
Maybe NC and his staff will prove to be better than the previous manager?
Login to get fewer ads

Preston Match Thread on 18:22 - Dec 17 with 2622 viewsGreenbay

Preston Match Thread on 17:45 - Dec 17 by Antti_Heinola

Antti - at least you agree with me for 4 of the 6 matches!
That's a good 66%.
As for the other two games - we didn't show what we delivered today.
Heart and soul comes to mind.
But it's always healthy to disagree with respect.
And that's what you did.
Preston Match Thread on 18:47 - Dec 17 with 2457 viewsAntti_Heinola

Preston Match Thread on 17:57 - Dec 17 by ManinBlack

What you say is true but if Norwich scored with the last kick of the game instead of hitting the post we would have achieved another remarkable 6 defeats in a row. It was that close!

The Canaries currently losing at home to Blackburn. With a bit of luck this game will make it only one win from their last seven at home.

Yeah as i said, that game could’ve gone either way.

Bare bones.

Preston Match Thread on 18:56 - Dec 17 with 2377 viewsManinBlack

Preston Match Thread on 18:17 - Dec 17 by Greenbay

Thanks ManinBlack.
A minor point as you say but a minor correction has been done.
Hope you have the courage to watch the next match.
Preston were only as good as we allowed them to be.
Maybe NC and his staff will prove to be better than the previous manager?

I am not sure if I want to watch us at Cardiff as we usually don't perform when on Sky. I hope Critchley can do something about our TV form and putting the ball in the net particularly at home kicking towards the Loft.
Preston Match Thread on 19:08 - Dec 17 with 2305 viewstraininvain

Preston Match Thread on 18:56 - Dec 17 by ManinBlack

I am not sure if I want to watch us at Cardiff as we usually don't perform when on Sky. I hope Critchley can do something about our TV form and putting the ball in the net particularly at home kicking towards the Loft.

We did alright on sky today!
Preston Match Thread on 19:19 - Dec 17 with 2247 viewsManinBlack

Preston Match Thread on 19:08 - Dec 17 by traininvain

We did alright on sky today!

It wasn't live on the normal channels like the featured game. I don't count red button stuff. Only Norwich are actually live for the population at large.
Preston Match Thread on 19:23 - Dec 17 with 2205 viewsdavman

Preston Match Thread on 15:54 - Dec 17 by Noelmc

So If the QPR player left the ball and it went through to him & he attempted to play it he would be offside?

Feck me. Would never trust these Charlatans to spot that; no way can you leave any of these idiots with a decision to make.

Also, if that was not offside then the game has gone. The QPR defender touched it under pressure from the Preston forward who was clearly offside. Lino to the left of us and yet another spineless "ref" had a shocking ten minutes there. 'Kin useless, the lot of' em!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Preston Match Thread on 19:24 - Dec 17 with 2190 viewsBoston

Preston Match Thread on 19:19 - Dec 17 by ManinBlack

It wasn't live on the normal channels like the featured game. I don't count red button stuff. Only Norwich are actually live for the population at large.

...and they died.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Preston Match Thread on 19:25 - Dec 17 with 2189 viewsMetallica_Hoop

If we show that effort and determination for the rest of the season I'll be happy.
What a difference from Sunday.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Preston Match Thread on 19:31 - Dec 17 with 2150 viewsCiderwithRsie

However you assess the last six or seven games (including this one) - and I think most of us are in broad agreement except for details - I think we can all see that pretty much the same team can be very very good (at this level) or truly dreadful.

Some of that'll be down to injuries, bad-days-at-the-office or just plain bad luck but I can't help feeling that making that difference is exactly where the manager earns his corn. It seems obvious that Beale's thoughts were elsewhere for the last couple of months and I think one way or another that filtered down. Jury has to say out on Critchley for a bit but I think there's scope for him to get us challenging for promotion again if he has a dollop of luck and we build some momentum and confidence.
Preston Match Thread on 19:56 - Dec 17 with 2002 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Just in from a day of Christmas shopping and what a surprise. Well done the boys, Critchley, and most importantly those that made the trip. Enjoy the beers and have a safe journey home. U Rs!
Preston Match Thread on 11:35 - Dec 18 with 1394 viewsthemodfather

good win, could not get the red button thing to work, but seems we played well and an away win gets us in top 6 again.
Preston Match Thread on 14:16 - Dec 18 with 1286 viewsPinnerPaul

Preston Match Thread on 18:11 - Dec 17 by ManinBlack

Not sure about that. Albion won five on the bounce so appear to be making a charge for the play offs like Forest and Sheffield Utd did last season after bad starts.

I was being ironic and having a dig at those who said last week we were "only" 8 points from 22nd.

And yes I made that point BEFORE 3.00pm yesterday on here as well!
Preston Match Thread on 11:25 - Dec 19 with 1089 viewsmonners1969

Preston Match Thread on 11:35 - Dec 18 by themodfather

good win, could not get the red button thing to work, but seems we played well and an away win gets us in top 6 again.

Do you use Now Tv? if so let me know it accesses it differently to normal sky...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024