Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? 17:22 - Feb 11 with 24230 viewsNorthantsHoop

Wrong manager, this is not working, trouble is we lumbered ourselves with a 3 year contract and his coaching team.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 19:01]
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 14:04 - Feb 12 with 2424 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 09:51 - Feb 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

The legislation is there to read and the Les interview is there to listen to.

If it makes you feel better to believe that FFP doesn't rule over all club decision right now, including whether NC remains in the post then knock yourself out.

Anti-murder legislation is also there for everyone to read but it doesn't mean that we're all out to kill someone. As for Les' interview, it's a catalogue of excuses.

QPRD is spot on; Accounts are published in arrears and you have no oversight of the contracts or figures so you're in no position to lecture with authority on the subject. You're just taking the board at face value and running with it. The same board who tried to convince the world that QPR weren't in breach of FFP because the rule it had broken was removed years after QPR broke it.

Even assuming that your speculation is correct, you still haven't addressed the key point highlighted by several users on this thread. Why do other clubs who are subject to the same FFP constraints manage to legally generate headroom and not QPR? If QPR is hanging on the FFP precipice then this is an indictment of how the board runs the club, and it shouldn't then be allowed to reverse engineer FFP to cover its failings.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 14:08 - Feb 12 with 2408 viewsTHEBUSH

I dont want Criitchley sacked, but would have preferred Ainsworth to have been appointed.

If Critchley was sacked, which he wont be, Les Ferdinand should resign.

Watching the Millwall game yesterday, who are fcuking horrible to watch, they played to their strengths

Not blaming Critchley, but Ive no idea what our strengths are, apart from losing.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 15:49 - Feb 12 with 2255 viewsNorthantsHoop

NC is a bit like those applicants who look very good on paper for your job, but you soon realise he could be more of a problem than the under performing team he has taken on, and you spend the rest of their tenure discussing with HR how to legally get rid of them or hope they find another job. Really 10 games and no visible improvement not really good enough is it. To be honest watching all the home games from the loft end this season it has all been a bit disappointing, Beale got lucky the season was in start up mode, his turning point game was Watford away. Warburton in his early tenure in 2019 had Wigan at home, changed formation to a back 3 and it clicked.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 16:24 - Feb 12 with 2200 viewsessextaxiboy

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 15:49 - Feb 12 by NorthantsHoop

NC is a bit like those applicants who look very good on paper for your job, but you soon realise he could be more of a problem than the under performing team he has taken on, and you spend the rest of their tenure discussing with HR how to legally get rid of them or hope they find another job. Really 10 games and no visible improvement not really good enough is it. To be honest watching all the home games from the loft end this season it has all been a bit disappointing, Beale got lucky the season was in start up mode, his turning point game was Watford away. Warburton in his early tenure in 2019 had Wigan at home, changed formation to a back 3 and it clicked.

3 at the back would suit as now , but we cant get JCS fit .
Martin and Lowe with Chair behind , Armstrong to come on later
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 16:31 - Feb 12 with 2159 viewsLongsufferingR

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 16:24 - Feb 12 by essextaxiboy

3 at the back would suit as now , but we cant get JCS fit .
Martin and Lowe with Chair behind , Armstrong to come on later

I agree but preferably not with all three marking the same forward as with those two embarrassing goals yesterday.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 17:59 - Feb 13 with 1949 viewsLogman

Good interview from NC on the Offish today. Sounds a little bit more resolute. If we can only score first tomorrow I think we can possibly get something out of the game.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 18:17 - Feb 13 with 1909 viewsstanistheman

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 23:40 - Feb 11 by Trom

I, seemingly against the flow of opinion, quite like what Critchley has to say. He hasn't been ducking calling the players to account when they've not put the effort in. He's in a tricky position with a team reliant on loanees, injuries, and desperately short of firepower. I can see him turning it around in the long run. We were hugely reliant on Willock in the earlier part of the season and with him losing all form and injury prone it puts us in a tricky position regardless of who the manager is.

The problem is not what he says pre and post match. It’s the work he does to prepare the team and what he says or does during the matches.

So far he had managed to pick up 7 or 8 points from 9 matches.
Sure if he keeps this rate up we could reach the high 40s or even reach 50.

Critchley says he needs time and a pre season, but really needs to speed things up now.

I think he will get time, but only because we can’t really afford to sack him and there is little chance of Ferdinand doing this anyway as it would be admitting he got it wrong in the first place.
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 18:23 - Feb 13 with 1872 viewsstanistheman

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:54 - Feb 11 by DejR_vu

Dickie’s a liability. I’d be interested to see some stats on goals conceded when he plays versus when he doesn’t.

He hasn’t had a good season, but was at his best as part of a back 3.
Injuries to our CBs don’t help matters and narrow down the options available to Critchley if he wanted to change formation.

I wouldn’t mind adding Kakay or Gubbins to the side and switch to a 3-5-2/5-3-2. Something has to change. It’s what Warburton did 3 seasons ago just before Johansen and Austin joined on loan snd results improved dramatically.
Login to get fewer ads

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 18:28 - Feb 13 with 1819 viewsstainrods_elbow

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:23 - Feb 11 by Monkey_Roots

You’re always the smartest fella in the room, eh?

I wouldn't say that, but I try, darling! ;-)

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 18:37 - Feb 13 with 1836 viewsQPR_Jim

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 18:23 - Feb 13 by stanistheman

He hasn’t had a good season, but was at his best as part of a back 3.
Injuries to our CBs don’t help matters and narrow down the options available to Critchley if he wanted to change formation.

I wouldn’t mind adding Kakay or Gubbins to the side and switch to a 3-5-2/5-3-2. Something has to change. It’s what Warburton did 3 seasons ago just before Johansen and Austin joined on loan snd results improved dramatically.

After a year of 3 at the back we seemed to be a bit found out and struggled to create chances and win matches.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:35 - Feb 13 with 1712 viewsdaveB

I think if he'd come in last summer he'd have done quite well, even if he came in at the end of the season could have been a good fit but for what it turns out we need this season it's looking worse by the day

To give him a 3 and a half year deal looks bonkers and is gonna be expensive for us when we have to sack him which looks pretty inevitable if he doesn't get a result soon.

I think they'll give him the next 3 games.

Agree with a few others, and it's pure hindsight but I wish we'd gone for Ainsworth

When he goes, i think Les needs to as well at the same point, needs some fresh faces and new ideas and a new start
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 19:36]
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:14 - Feb 13 with 1590 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:35 - Feb 13 by daveB

I think if he'd come in last summer he'd have done quite well, even if he came in at the end of the season could have been a good fit but for what it turns out we need this season it's looking worse by the day

To give him a 3 and a half year deal looks bonkers and is gonna be expensive for us when we have to sack him which looks pretty inevitable if he doesn't get a result soon.

I think they'll give him the next 3 games.

Agree with a few others, and it's pure hindsight but I wish we'd gone for Ainsworth

When he goes, i think Les needs to as well at the same point, needs some fresh faces and new ideas and a new start
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 19:36]

You’d be bonkers not to demand a long contract from a club that averages 18 months a manager.

Don’t think it matters. In fact anything that’s a move towards longevity & stability is good with me.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 20:18]
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:51 - Feb 13 with 1515 viewsPunteR

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:14 - Feb 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

You’d be bonkers not to demand a long contract from a club that averages 18 months a manager.

Don’t think it matters. In fact anything that’s a move towards longevity & stability is good with me.

He was the cheap option wasnt he? . That doesnt sound like a move towards longevity & stability.

Buy cheap buy twice as the saying goes.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 20:52]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:00 - Feb 13 with 1470 viewssafcinpeace

Reading this you do t seem to like your manager, I can sympathise we have had more than our share of abject failures at Sunderland in the recent past. Would you be happy if we beat you and that results in him being sacked.

I can think of a few times we have felt that way. It is an awful place to be in as a fan.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:01 - Feb 13 with 1465 viewsdaveB

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:14 - Feb 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

doesn't mean you have to give in to it, we didn't with Warburton who had a rolliing year to year contract
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:02 - Feb 13 with 1457 viewsdaveB

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:00 - Feb 13 by safcinpeace

Reading this you do t seem to like your manager, I can sympathise we have had more than our share of abject failures at Sunderland in the recent past. Would you be happy if we beat you and that results in him being sacked.

I can think of a few times we have felt that way. It is an awful place to be in as a fan.

I'd rather we got the 4/5 wins we need then change it in the summer but I can't see us beating anyone at the moment
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:10 - Feb 13 with 1423 viewsdistortR

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:51 - Feb 13 by PunteR

He was the cheap option wasnt he? . That doesnt sound like a move towards longevity & stability.

I think he was available is probably more to the point.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:26 - Feb 13 with 1362 viewsLongsufferingR

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:00 - Feb 13 by safcinpeace

Absolutely not. He's still got an awful lot to prove but it's far too early to change yet again. A lot of our fanbase still maintain a hard on for Neil Warnock hence the outpouring of man juice for him on here today and the sudden declarations that Huddersfield are 100% certain to stay up now. Did a great job for us 12 (yes 12) years ago but the constant fawning over him every time we hit a bad patch is getting embarrassing.

I'd much rather we won tomorrow and it sets us back on an even keel instead of hoping we lose.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:32 - Feb 13 with 1335 viewsPunteR

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:10 - Feb 13 by distortR

I think he was available is probably more to the point.

Hmm... maybe ?
But that doesnt conjure up longevity & stability vibes. More of a stopgap. A three year stopgap.

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:44 - Feb 13 with 1277 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:01 - Feb 13 by daveB

doesn't mean you have to give in to it, we didn't with Warburton who had a rolliing year to year contract

Only after his two year one run out and the form was shit.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:44 - Feb 13 with 1278 viewsQPR_Jim

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:51 - Feb 13 by PunteR

Can't understand that comment, he's got a similar background to Beale, has a similar approach to setting up his team, similar philosophy, he even took Beales old job at villa. It seemed like a sensible continuity appointment, if it was cheap that's a bonus not the motivation.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:51 - Feb 13 with 1244 viewsdaveB

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:44 - Feb 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Only after his two year one run out and the form was shit.

even 2 years makes a lot more sense than 3 and a half. Just feels like a panic move because Beale walked away. Him going really shouldn't have been as big as deal as it has been

It's now left us in a hole that if it doesn't work out which is how it looks today they can't do anything about it which is crazy.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:55 - Feb 13 with 1233 viewsdistortR

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:32 - Feb 13 by PunteR

Hmm... maybe ?
But that doesnt conjure up longevity & stability vibes. More of a stopgap. A three year stopgap.

Well, we needed a manager, his pedigree in terms of uefa badges/blackpool is excellent. Who should we have gone for? Ainsworth, that would have been horrible if/when he failed, and personally, I think failure is pretty much a given this season with what's there to work with, given the mental frailty and lack of fight in so many of these fragile luvies.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:58 - Feb 13 with 1207 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:51 - Feb 13 by daveB

even 2 years makes a lot more sense than 3 and a half. Just feels like a panic move because Beale walked away. Him going really shouldn't have been as big as deal as it has been

It's now left us in a hole that if it doesn't work out which is how it looks today they can't do anything about it which is crazy.

I think I can understand a panic appointment when a manager leaves after 4 months.

Critchley is a proven coach / head coach. We shouldn’t be changing him anyway because this mess isn’t his fault IMO.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:59 - Feb 13 with 1206 viewsPunteR

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:44 - Feb 13 by QPR_Jim

Can't understand that comment, he's got a similar background to Beale, has a similar approach to setting up his team, similar philosophy, he even took Beales old job at villa. It seemed like a sensible continuity appointment, if it was cheap that's a bonus not the motivation.

Yeh i agree with you to an extent , but if he was the cheaper option which is what ive read on here then its perfectly reasonable to question the motivation given we continually plead poverty.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024